• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Sikh-Muslim Marriages

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Bro HPS Ji,

This guy Nijjar baba has more similar non sense in his kitty.He wil first prove by scriptures that Sikhs or Hindus(posing like them) are racial and then will asked them to come the Jesus(posing as preacher).

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

bulleshah said:
vijaydeepsingh,

HTML:
Has God had form and was creator then which place did he stod to create
and who made it.

That's a question and not an answer. Every adjective the Granth uses to describe
the Supreme is nothing but abstract. The answer there ever could be, as far as our
perception is concerned, is "Who Knows". And the answer is nobody can tell. one
can quarrel or argue over who created it and when etc....But the real question is "Why".
Why did God take the trouble to create??
Why does the universe take trouble to exist ??
Does it really need a creator ?? If yes who created Him ??

Scriptures that claim to know the answer are wrong. I don't think Guru Granth
provides any answer either. Nor does it claim to.

God is simply energy. Buddha was right. And he never even attempt to answer as to
where the energy came from. Why bother ?? Just be. don't try to become.

Thanks.

Bro das will recomended you to read Dasham Granth and you say that Gurbani does not anwers then answers are there.

Even in Sidh Gost also of Guru Granth Sahib Ji,

answer is that First enrdgy only make matter,and then only Space and then times is there.And energy changes from one form into another niether created or destroyed.

Budha was wrong as he thought that enrgy as Instinctve whilewe in Gurmat Call and have faith in intellect of that ebrgy and that energy on own will repeats such thing again anganin and creation of manifestation occur again and again.

Anyway with Budha as role model das can see that you move further away from Sanatan Dharama as Budhism is Nastik theory more.Thier Vipasya is only seeing ouw Breath and not let unidersal ernrgy be one with mind state of Brahmgyan/Haq Haq Agah/Holy Ghost ,which we call Jivat Mukat or salvation of being alive state.

If you do not have answer then that means you are unaware and that does not mean that others may not knopw the truth or do not guide you to the way to know the truth.

It is question for those who beive in Gods haveiing limted form ,and so far since Ved Vysa Times no one answered the questions rasied by followers of formless but people like Surdas did make fun of them by writing litratures like Bhrahmer geet.

coming back to your thing,We have differnt answer with differnt thereoy.

Akal is fromless due to being in all form.So all apprat creation is in trueth Gid only(Vedanta says omin visisble is god and same is there in Old Tesetment Book of Issaiah).

Creaton is done within the God.
As Akal wanted us to have form so we came and Akal wanted us to know the same in the Form of energy so did it came as an energy.

will of Akal is anwer to all of your questions.Lord Budha talked of its being done just like that and as ruotine.

If you read Kalki Purana god Vishnu took Avtar of Budha to misguide folowers from Truth.

Kalki later defeated falsehood of jainism,Budhism and Malechhas.

yuo your selfare going agaionst your Puranic Scriptures by following Lord Budha.

May 10, 2006
vijaydeepsingh,

HTML:
yuo your selfare going agaionst your Puranic Scriptures by following Lord Budha

I believe Buddha was wise. Inaver said He was the Ultimate in Wisdom. He was right
on certain things. Just as Nanak was right on certain things.

Take it easy boy. Read the scriptures but don't believe in everything that's written
just because it is written.

Thanks.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Because of Budha only boy did Darious was able to conquer Indian first(in past Nabuchandernajar could not win Aryana but whole world).and afterr darious Greeks came.

Comeing to Guru,Das does not feel that you are an aouthrity to judge what came unto him from God.

Well das is aware that Budha is again not not liked due to his Nastik or non belivering tendency and crupoting Yoga due to Vipasaya and making Arya Dharma or sanatna Dharma weak.

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
The only problem I have with this is not that people are falling in love. My problem is that Muslim males are deliberately setting out to seduce girls of different faiths in an attempt to turn the world into their concept of 'The House Of Peace'.

It's a subvertive method of forced conversion. It may not be with armed forces, but it doesn't make the principle behind it any less wrong.

Weak willed people exist everywhere. It's a fact of life. Sikkhism is not a person or a man or a woman or a girl or anything like that. Sikkhism is a concept based on humble, noble living. The fact that the Islamic concepts of inequality and discrimination (Kafirs, etc) are so despicably fascist is what is dangerous to all people.

This is the issue that needs to be handled with intelligence, tact, and a cool head.

amreek_sason

SPNer
Sep 16, 2006
Hii All
Being a Sikh I not against any community, But somewhere we have to save our identity. As far as Muslim & Sikh marriages r concerned, It is not any surprise. I have no shy to say that our Sikh girls r more n more practical. If I talk about metropolitan cities, all most all girls Lives in fantasy. Some time people around us make great impact on our mind n we think that if they r doing omething Why not we. At last I wanna conclude that we have to keep in touch to our youth towards our religion.

Best Regards,
Amreek Sason

Ssingh101

SPNer
Apr 9, 2006
I'm not sure what being "Jatt" has to with anything (and, for the record, I am one). Some of the earliest Punjabi arrivals were Dalits.

Moreover, yes, Sikhs have made positive contributions to Canadian society and development -- particulalry those who arrived in the early part of the last century --- (which included many non-Jatts), however, to insinuate that they built a country out of a jungle is a laughable and a fallacy, not to mention insulting to other communities. The fact of the matter is that Canadians from various different backgrounds helped build this country, and that Sikhs had little to do with its early development. This was largely due to a preventative immigration policy. If you know Canadian history, you will know that Canada had a preventative immigration policy and, as a result, Punjabi immigration didn't really begin on any kind of large scale until the 1960s, when the immigration policies were updated.

Thus most of the young "Jatt" men you speak of are either new arrivals or are the children of immigrants who came here in the 1970s and 1980s, by which time Canada was already well developed and established.

Finally, rather than being pillars of society, the fact of the matter is that today a disproportionate number of the Jatts/Punjabis (in BC at least) are insular, ghetto-ized, and the young men are known more for the gang and drug activity than anything positive. It's sad, really. Yes, we do have our "Jatt" Sikh politicians etc., however, even many of them are tainted by corruption and questionable practices.

hps62 said:
I have a hypotheses

sikh boys in Canada are more self confident , politically powerful , indeependent minded and from the mostly Jatt community. They have made a new nation called Canada from jungle to what is it today.

In UK they seem to be only big lickers of the Royal family ( with no malice and due respect to the people of UK and its monarchy) only mimmicking each and every action and life style of theres. They lack a flavour of an own race .

They seem to be very straight jacketed some waht in the pre 1947 time wrap.
Also they have not faced the challenges of making a new nation.
They just went to Uk which was already a made empire and so had to comply with an established society.

So be your self and love your freedom and be bold and original and see M girls swoon for you .

happy flirting

love

hps62

Gurjeevan

SPNer
Sep 23, 2006
How funny- we have hindus like Mr JATT invoved with the discussion. Talk about being a sikh- referring 2 ur self as a jatt. A FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIKHS AND HINDUS IS THAT WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN CASTE!!!... it is a brotherhood- one in which we r all equal..how far did the gurus have 2 go to teach this- calling ourselves SIngh and Kaur so that we all have the SAME name, eating langur 2gether etc etc- and then we get the likes of u talking about sikhism whilst promoting hinduism. i think people like you are suppported by the rss- ruining sikhism and its true meaning by introducing/mixing hindu values and beliefs. PURE SHAME!!- we need to be one fist-KHALSA, not individual fingers- ramgarhia, jatt etc.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
hps62 said:
Originally Posted by hps62
I have a hypotheses

sikh boys in Canada are more self confident , politically powerful , indeependent minded and from the mostly Jatt community. They have made a new nation called Canada from jungle to what is it today.

In UK they seem to be only big lickers of the Royal family ( with no malice and due respect to the people of UK and its monarchy) only mimmicking each and every action and life style of theres. They lack a flavour of an own race .

They seem to be very straight jacketed some waht in the pre 1947 time wrap.
Also they have not faced the challenges of making a new nation.
They just went to Uk which was already a made empire and so had to comply with an established society.

So be your self and love your freedom and be bold and original and see M girls swoon for you .

happy flirting

love

hps62

I think that guy is ignoring the fact that 70/80 odd jatt guys have killed each other over drug deals in Vancouver over the last decade or so. (Nice one, it's a good look!)

Plus Kimveer Gill, who basically went cuckoo a few weeks ago was a jatt too.

They have 18 year olds assasinating old Sikh budhay with guns, just for being liberal and still haven't managed diddly squat towards their so-called aim of Khalistan.

Plus there is NO serious competition in Canada like here in the UK, no National Front, BNP type orgs. No great fundamental Islamic presence. No government drive to subtly subvert minority identities. Canadians are generally very friendly compared to the English, so jatts are big fish in a small pond.

Nah, whatever our problems here in the U.K., we definitely don't want to follow that path.

J.A.T.T

SPNer
May 7, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
How funny- we have hindus like Mr JATT invoved with the discussion. Talk about being a sikh- referring 2 ur self as a jatt. A FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIKHS AND HINDUS IS THAT WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN CASTE!!!... it is a brotherhood- one in which we r all equal..how far did the gurus have 2 go to teach this- calling ourselves SIngh and Kaur so that we all have the SAME name, eating langur 2gether etc etc- and then we get the likes of u talking about sikhism whilst promoting hinduism. i think people like you are suppported by the rss- ruining sikhism and its true meaning by introducing/mixing hindu values and beliefs. PURE SHAME!!- we need to be one fist-KHALSA, not individual fingers- ramgarhia, jatt etc.

Mr. JATT? I AM NOT HINDU! DON'T EVER TRY TO ASSOCIATE ME WITH THE RSS OR ANY HINDU GROUP FOR THAT MATTER.

BESIDES, JATT IS NOT A CASTE.

Ishminder

SPNer
Aug 12, 2006
Looking at this from a religious perspective, does it really even matter how wealthy or powerful one is. If a person is a good human being and believed TRULY in god, let them marry who they want and be what they like. And can we please stop with the Jatts and other castes. Lets start thinking like everyone is one and no one is superior or below another and we can have more intriguing discussions. Just a though...no need to hate.

Nadeem

SPNer
Mar 8, 2007
United Kingdom
What spiritual reasons might there be for a Muslim to marry a Sikh or a Sikh to marry a Muslim? Its just simply a non-starter. Some marriages are successful, others are not. Who is to say that a Muslim marrying another Muslim or a Sikh marrying another Sikh is guaranteed to be successful? All depends on the intention. If the intention of a Muslim is to marry a Sikh woman and does not forbid her from benefitting from the wisdom and grace of Babaji Guru Nanak, who is to say that such a marriage is wrong? It may be, in certain cases, that one cannot find the ideal husband or wife within your own community - and, in fact, marrying outside can shower more blessings and happiness than can be possibly imagined if one had married "within". So, it all depends on the individuals concerned. Baba Nanak's wisdom transcends such narrow, confessional, blind-spots and we should make double sure that what we are uttering is not simply the worst kind of ignorance imaginable.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Nadeem

Welcome to this forum !

As-Salāmu `Alaykum(Peace be upon You)

Sat Shri Akal ( Truth Treasure Timeless)

I have read some your post and really liked them .Its good to have Muslim Brother on forum help enrich everybody spirtually .

I have meet many Muslim Brother p=ersonally but very few takers of Sufism ( except few shias from Iran) in my exp=erience ( which may be wrong!) Sunni Muslims try bit distance themselves from Sufism .

Anyway I welcome you again with Open Arms on this sikh forum which is for all the learners of spirtuality and children of Allah/AkalPurakh

in Last i would just say that {censored}s/fundamentalist exist in every community wheither sikh/Hindu/Islam so I Fully appreciate that it is not wise to judge the whole on the basis of few .I hope you also agree with this and overlook our mistakes and just share and learn about what ever is good whether it is Islam or Sikhism

Thanks for your presence here

Jatinder Singh

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
This topic is now restored after some cleanup operation. :) Please discuss this topic with open mind. Thanks everybody for your co-operation.

Regards

Nadeem

SPNer
Mar 8, 2007
United Kingdom
Dr.Khalsa Ji & Aman Singh Ji

Sat Sri Akaal & Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

Thank you so much for your messages of support.

I have already forgiven those who have spoken in negative terms in this Forum and that includes my sister Kaur-Ji . Through my existing deep friendships with my Sikh Brothers and Sisters, I know that there is no hostility towards Hazrat Mian Mir Ji and Sufi Muslims. We are ALL united in condemning fundamentalist Muslims who are spreading hatred and animosity towards other faiths. As a Muslim of Punjabi heritage I feel very proud and honoured to be a small part of the Sikh Dharma in our times. In fact, I am deeply moved by the teachings of Baba Nanak Ji and enjoy singing/playing Kirtans very much. I know in my heart that really we are ALL ONE believing in the ONE GOD. We should organise a conference in UK to show how deep our connections are and how much we really and truly LOVE EACH OTHER. We live in very political times where it is easy to hate but politics is far from TRUE SPIRITUALITY and MUHABBAT.

If any Sardar-Ji has recieved negative attitudes from Muslims, let him or her realise that such attitudes are not from Islam but from ghetto politics. We should always remember the spiritual side first and we should explore together- through Kirtan, through Sufiana Kalam, through Punjabi poetry, through deep discussion and above everything else through NAAM JAPNA as recommended by Baba Nank-Ji [May Peace and Blessings Be on Him] how much we are really love each other.

We should not forget that Guru Arjun Dev Ji's tasbee [Rosary] has been kept with LOVE by the Sufis in LAHORE and for purely spiritual reasons. We condemn any Muslim who shows hatred towards Sikhs and we are prepared to stand with our Sardar Brothers and Sisters in the fight to defend the wisdom and honour of Baba Guru-Ji's blessed name.

Jul 10, 2006
Dear Nadeem,

You are something else!!. I did not ask for your forgiveness. I stand by all my previous views on why a Sikh should not marry a muslim!.

You say that you belong to the sufi religion but tell me this do you pray to a stone in Mecca and do you pray with a Koran and hence belive in Mohammeds teaching. If you do that you are clearly a MUSLIM!

My word. Forgiveness.! You have a cheek!!

You of all people should know what the muslims are up to in the UK where you too reside.!!

Nadeem

SPNer
Mar 8, 2007
United Kingdom
Dear Kaur-Ji,

Please read the above message from Dr. Khalsa for a better understanding. I recommend that you read more about Sufism in Punjab first before you make these very negative and hostile statements.

Fundamentalist Muslims are not my "brothers" and you should refrain from making completely useless statements. You are only injuring yourself when you do this.

I do not know what kind of experiences you have had - maybe they are very negative ones - but I can assure you that those experiences are not over and above the deeper connections between Sufis and Sikhs. Please do not misunderstand!!

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
We are ALL united in condemning fundamentalist Muslims who are spreading hatred and animosity towards other faiths.

Why bother us? Ultimately you would do better by talking to those in the Muslim world that are responsible and condone so much evil in the world.

Why do you not spend your time trying to preach to them Nadeem?

Sikhs do not need to be told of tolerance, whilst many Muslims are in dire need of such discussions.

What are you doing in your own house to rectify things?

Before you try and teach us Sikhs about tolerance go to the people in your own camp and try and reach them. We are OK.

Why waste our time? We are familiar with our own religion. We do not need this as much as your own people do. Are you being a coward and not facing up to your responsibility?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: