• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair On Their Bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

No light, day same thing
If so why people need electric bulbs or other sources at night but these things are not needed during day? How then night and day can be the same thing. Your denial in accepting fact has risen to amusing level.

. If there was no day then there would be no night.
We didn’t talk about why there is day and why there is night, your statement is sheer display of your inability to understand metaphor, in context of Sree Granth Sahib, day is used as metaphor and you are simply denying understanding it or accepting it.
Doesn't matter what follows. We define day based on night and night based on day. Lights and darks exist in both.
Again, metaphor doesn’t deal about their existence, its all about what it conveys. You have failed horribly to get it, I don’t hope you will get out of this denial in future too as mind set is oblivious.
and no you did not answer my question.
I answered, you have just chosen to be in denial situation ( mei na mannu”), no one can convince a person in denial; you will keep saying what you have been saying. When one loses reason, denying becomes the only tool. You are playing well that.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: Sikh Girls Who Do Not Cut Their Head Hair, But Remove All Other Hair on Their Bod

Ok let me rephrase. Can one be blinded by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?9quote Bhagat Singh ji)

You haven't addressed the question to me, because it is related with Sree Guru Granth Sahib, my whole world light to pass through this journey, I must answer it as you have asked it in strict metaphorical way
" The answer is no. How a day can create darkness? If one closes eyes, it is not the fault of the day."
ok fair enough. how can a day create darkness? well, I explained the shadow bit but i did not mention darkness initially. I mentioned blindness so lets take a look at how a day can blind someone.
Blinding sunlight: when it is really bright outside ... during the day... because my eyes are very sensitive to bright lights, I am literally blinded! I cannot see where i am going.

This is one reason why I would take winter over summer anyday. In winter here in canada the days are often just as bright as the nights. :D

maybe I am not good with metaphors but I am not in denial (even when i say this)

what about fanatics? They are blind

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

I answered, you have just chosen to be in denial situation ( mei na mannu”), no one can convince a person in denial; you will keep saying what you have been saying. When one loses reason, denying becomes the only tool. You are playing well that.
Well, at least I don't make baseless assumptions.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

ok fair enough. how can a day create darkness? well, I explained the shadow bit but i did not mention darkness initially. I mentioned blindness so lets take a look at how a day can blind someone.
Blinding sunlight: when it is really bright outside ... during the day... because my eyes are very sensitive to bright lights, I am literally blinded! I cannot see where i am going.

This is one reason why I would take winter over summer anyday. In winter here in canada the days are often just as bright as the nights. :D

maybe I am not good with metaphors but I am not in denial (even when i say this)

I used the word “day” instead of Sun light, I am aware of the fact that there are some people determined to ignore hint and get in hair splitting. So here you have this kind of example brought in when there was not even mention of it literally. No offense, such argument is laughable in context of the metaphor used.

This is one reason why I would take winter over summer anyday. In winter here in canada the days are often just as bright as the nights.
clip_image001.gif

That doesn’t change the basic fact, at night special aid of light is used even in Canada, I will be wondered if where you live, people do not turn on lights at night. If so, still you are generalizing a well accepted fact attaching to your special place, and that doesn’t take metaphorical value of the day away any way.

. It becomes denial when a person, going away from metaphor and states” What is the difference between day and night” You are in denial doubtlessly. You are bent upon blaming SGGS ji just based on inability of others to seek guidance from SGGS ji, that alone prove that you are not open enough to see if blame should lie on others shoulders instead of SGGS Ji

Some time while we call others fanatics, we ourselves behave like fanatics in different positions

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

Well, at least I don't make baseless assumptions.

You very well do. Look at, blaming SGGS on the basis of other people's inability to understand Guru Message ! What more proof you need of your assumptions?

ਕਬੀਰ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਇਕ ਸਿਉ ਕੀਏ ਆਨ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਜਾਇ
कबीर प्रीति इक सिउ कीए आन दुबिधा जाइ ॥
Kabīr parīṯ ik si▫o kī▫e ān ḏubiḏẖā jā▫e.
Kabeer, when you are in love with the One Lord, duality and alienation depart.
ਭਾਵੈ ਲਾਂਬੇ ਕੇਸ ਕਰੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਘਰਰਿ ਮੁਡਾਇ ॥੨੫॥
भावै लांबे केस करु भावै घररि मुडाइ ॥२५॥
Bẖāvai lāʼnbe kes kar bẖāvai gẖarar mudā▫e. ||25||
You may have long hair, or you may shave your head bald. ||25||

What's your point?
Guru Gobind Singh Sahib jis Hukam was a Sikh must keep hair unshorn.

Last edited by a moderator:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

You very well do. Look at, blaming SGGS Ji on the basis of other people's inability to understand Guru Message ! What more proof you need of your assumptions?
If they don't understand SGGS who's fault is it?
Alhtough, I don't think that they dont understand it, its more of a "blind faith". SGGS does nothing to prevent that, or does it?

Last edited by a moderator:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

What's your point?
Guru Gobind Singh Sahib jis Hukam was a Sikh must keep hair unshorn.
he is not the present guru, is he? I maybe mistaken.:yes:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN

This topic is now restored.

Note: Bhagat Singh Ji is now officially warned not to stir up emotions with his mischievous comments here or there. Let us behave like a grown-ups other wise we will miss the point we try to make. Thank You.

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK

You will not find publicised studies of genetically modified foods causing many diseases amongst which excessive hair growth is one as it would incriminate those corporations and expose them to being sued by persons who descend from smooth skinned family’s but are themselves walking talking furballs. It would also decrease depilation industry profits, unconducive to good business practice for such persons. I think you can call it if you will, ‘’The Lord God gives you malady, and He grants you remedy to cure you of your disease’’ is you seek to place it is a scriptural or religious context.

I have witnessed little girls attending the local Guru Gobind Singh Ji Khalse College with furry faces whose parents have relented and spend hideous amounts of money in curing the child’s disfigurement. I value tradition and culture as much as anyone else but always with the bounds of reason. This present generation is undeniably furrier than the preceding. We have no desire to have our ladies and young daughters being made objects of ridicule in a society obsessed with facades and outward appearance than inward substance.

I champion virtue, morality, wisdom and beauty. Beauty cannot exist where there is no moral mettle, as it is soon found to be a gilded dung pie. In all fairness, I respect your opinions as gentlemen of the old guard, but I could not expose my child or any other to such affliction. Why would God make humans furry, there is no reasoning for a body to have anything other than fine down to inhibit loss of body heat and decrease in body temperature. If it becomes thick and excessive it must be dealt with.

Hair is a woman’s crowning glory. Long tresses tied and bound are a highly coveted attribute of beauty given to the few. Samson was shorn to diminish his power, not as a fashion statement, be it icon or victim.

Respectfully ...

he is not the present guru, is he? I maybe mistaken.:yes:

Who said Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the present Guru.

If this is your logic behind this discussion. Then you have already accepted that Harmandar Sahib is not a Sikh Gurdwara because the present Guru didn't say it. Also you have already accepted that Akal Takhat has nothing to do with Sikhi because the present Guru did not say it. Futhermore the 40 Singh that Sacrificed there lives in the battle field for Sikhi has nothing to do with Sikhi because the present Guru did not say it. In addition Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji does not mention anything about the sixth, seventh, eighth, tenth Guru and whoever says Guru Hargobind Sahib ji, Guru Har Rai Sahib ji, Guru HarKrishan Sahib ji, and Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji are the Gurus jyot and the same jyot that lived in Guru Nanak Dev ji are lairs and trying to destroy Sikhi because according to your logic the present Guru did not say it.

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK

In the beginning there were no nighttimes or darkness but constant daylight where the Sun didn’t cease to shine. In the Garden of Ayodya, or Eden. Darkness is symbolic of mans casting out of Swarg and into the world to live by his own means and find his spiritual journey back to the state of Nirvana.

Many cynics imply good cannot exist without evil, or day cannot be without the night. This is a false concept. The night and evil is a reflection of the tempestuous nature of the dual forces that govern this world. It is not what God intended or created as perfection at the outset.

Jun 1, 2008

Sat shri akal,:D

If this is your logic behind this discussion. Then you have already accepted that Harmandar Sahib is not a Sikh Gurdwara because the present Guru didn't say it. Also you have already accepted that Akal Takhat has nothing to do with Sikhi because the present Guru did not say it. Futhermore the 40 Singh that Sacrificed there lives in the battle field for Sikhi has nothing to do with Sikhi because the present Guru did not say it. In addition Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji does not mention anything about the sixth, seventh, eighth, tenth Guru and whoever says Guru Hargobind Sahib ji, Guru Har Rai Sahib ji, Guru HarKrishan Sahib ji, and Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji are the Gurus jyot and the same jyot that lived in Guru Nanak Dev ji are lairs and trying to destroy Sikhi because according to your logic the present Guru did not say it
oops! burning post:p

Many cynics imply good cannot exist without evil, or day cannot be without the night. This is a false concept. The night and evil is a reflection of the tempestuous nature of the dual forces that govern this world. It is not what God intended or created as perfection at the outset.
The fool begs for explanation:yes:

You will not find publicised studies of genetically modified foods causing many diseases amongst which excessive hair growth is one as it would incriminate those corporations and expose them to being sued by persons who descend from smooth skinned family’s but are themselves walking talking furballs. It would also decrease depilation industry profits, unconducive to good business practice for such persons. I think you can call it if you will, ‘’The Lord God gives you malady, and He grants you remedy to cure you of your disease’’ is you seek to place it is a scriptural or religious context.

I have witnessed little girls attending the local Guru Gobind Singh Ji Khalse College with furry faces whose parents have relented and spend hideous amounts of money in curing the child’s disfigurement. I value tradition and culture as much as anyone else but always with the bounds of reason. This present generation is undeniably furrier than the preceding. We have no desire to have our ladies and young daughters being made objects of ridicule in a society obsessed with facades and outward appearance than inward substance.

I champion virtue, morality, wisdom and beauty. Beauty cannot exist where there is no moral mettle, as it is soon found to be a gilded dung pie. In all fairness, I respect your opinions as gentlemen of the old guard, but I could not expose my child or any other to such affliction. Why would God make humans furry, there is no reasoning for a body to have anything other than fine down to inhibit loss of body heat and decrease in body temperature. If it becomes thick and excessive it must be dealt with.

Hair is a woman’s crowning glory. Long tresses tied and bound are a highly coveted attribute of beauty given to the few. Samson was shorn to diminish his power, not as a fashion statement, be it icon or victim.

Respectfully ...

Jeetijohal ji you continue to call having alots of hair a disease disfigurement and that this generation is hairy than the previous. How is having more hair than the previous generation a bad thing or a disfigurement. Am I failing to see something that you can?

Why would God make humans furry, there is no reasoning for a body to have anything other than fine down to inhibit loss of body heat and decrease in body temperature. If it becomes thick and excessive it must be dealt with.

Why would God kill so many humans? Is it to keep the world balanced and not over crowd the world.

Hair doesn't hinder anyone so why does it have to be dealt with in the way you are suggesting?

We have no desire to have our ladies and young daughters being made objects of ridicule in a society obsessed with facades and outward appearance than inward substance.

All of this is just judgement of others. And if you fall to these judgements then you have failed as a Sikh. It sounds harsh but its so true. The public doesn't see many things as right, but that don't mean we give into these low self-esteem people. I get weird looks because i wear a dastar and if I was weak in my faith and decided the next day to take it off then as a Sikh i would have fail miserably. There is a shabad that every time this discussion comes up it comes straight to my mind.

If you desire to play this game of love with Me, then step onto My Path with your head in hand. When you place your feet on this Path, give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. || 20 || ang 1412

If you have true love for the Guru then accepting the hair on the body is no problem. Its something you don't even think about and it doesn't have to be done just let your body do the work. I know I have repeated this numerous times, but I'll continue to repeat because Guru Sahib made it his Hukam for Sikhs to keep hair unshorn and we cannot overlook it.

Here is another shabad that speaks on these issues.

In an instant, you change into various costumes, like a juggler; you are entangled in emotional attachment and sin. You gaze here and there upon the expanse of Maya; you are intoxicated with attachment to Maya. || 5 || You act in corruption, and put on ostentatious shows, but without awareness of the Shabad, you have fallen into confusion.You suffer great pain from the disease of egotism. Following the Guru.s Teachings, you shall be rid of this disease. || 6 || ang 906

Like Guru Sahib says we wear various costumes, we change into different people one second and then another the other second. In the morning a person cuts or shaves the hair off then reads Gurbani. The maya has a thick cloud infront of your eyes and you become the juggler. Guru sahib at the end tells us how we can get rid of this thick cloud and its by simply following Guru sahibs teachings.​

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

If this is your logic behind this discussion. Then you have already accepted that Harmandar Sahib is not a Sikh Gurdwara because the present Guru didn't say it. Also you have already accepted that Akal Takhat has nothing to do with Sikhi because the present Guru did not say it. Futhermore the 40 Singh that Sacrificed there lives in the battle field for Sikhi has nothing to do with Sikhi because the present Guru did not say it. In addition Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji does not mention anything about the sixth, seventh, eighth, tenth Guru and whoever says Guru Hargobind Sahib ji, Guru Har Rai Sahib ji, Guru HarKrishan Sahib ji, and Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji are the Gurus jyot and the same jyot that lived in Guru Nanak Dev ji are lairs and trying to destroy Sikhi because according to your logic the present Guru did not say it.
Thanks for twisting what I said and what I have told you before. You simplified what I said way too much and then used it as a basis of your twisted argument.
You put great effort into it that I will give you. Good stuff. Next time try harder.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

In the beginning there were no nighttimes or darkness but constant daylight where the Sun didn’t cease to shine. In the Garden of Ayodya, or Eden. Darkness is symbolic of mans casting out of Swarg and into the world to live by his own means and find his spiritual journey back to the state of Nirvana.

Many cynics are in fact correct. If all we had was "day" then it wouldn't be considered a day. The fact that night arrives, makes that bright part of 24 hours, the day.
if all we had was good. then good would become meaningless and in fact, it wouldn't be considered good. its all relative, also tall and short, fat and skinny, even how hairy someone is, is all relative.
How can one say that God did not intend something when God is in fact, the mightiest of all. Only his intention rules. taht is how great he is. Unless you mean a different God who is not the almighty.
The night and evil is a reflection of the tempestuous nature of the dual forces that govern this world.
Can one force exist without the other? Would you even call it a force?
think about it.

Thanks for twisting what I said and what I have told you before. You simplified what I said way too much and then used it as a basis of your twisted argument.
You put great effort into it that I will give you. Good stuff. Next time try harder.

Nope! no twisting whats so ever. Just simple logic used to prove a point. Accusations mean nothing right now.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

So how do you know? What is your source? How do you arrive at your conclusion? What evidence have you collected, if any?
(note: they are not rhetorical questions)

So how do you know? What is your source? How do you arrive at your conclusion? What evidence have you collected, if any?
(note: they are not rhetorical questions)

Bravo! I see some truth in this. In fact, humans "lost fur" for a reason. (I can explain and back up if needed)
but our hair is different than fur. It is good that you asked why God would make us more hairy but no one can answer that. You have yet to show how he is making us more hairy. :yes:

Respectfully ...
yay samson!! :p I based a character of mine on taht idea. Kes - Old Concepts by ~prince911 on deviantART - cut his hair and he cannot do anything... :(

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Nope! no twisting whats so ever. Just simple logic used to prove a point. Accusations mean nothing right now.
Your logic is overly simplified, in the real world it falls apart. No more comments form me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: