• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Girls: A Confused Lot. Are Parents To Blame?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jaspi ji

Thanks for this one paragraph! :wah:

Most of the teaching must be rendered on one God as per our faith and we all human are being one .But today ,right from the chilhood we are told who we are ,what relgion or cast we belongs to,which creat a divided thinking with our fellow human beings and gives us enough environments to grow with caompatives values to be different than others, superiors or inferios.This kinds of teachings brings lots of maunupaltaions in all humans beings to deal with other people at large.
Thus the empathy components which we are all blessed by the creator in our brain is constantly manuplated by parents,plitics to be a fighter or lot others personalties which gives a birth to all kinds ego to be distructive to your own beings. Real purpose of love and love with each others is overshadowed.For that reasons plenty of saints left with us vast treasure of thoughts to be kind and have a respect of your owen kinds.
But still it all boils down to many things in every one's environment and the situations of all kinds such as financial or famly circumstances to have direct impact on each growings human beings..

May 30, 2007
:happykaur:.....:happysingh:.........Sikh girls r confused n also sikh boys....No doubt....confusion is a weakness of mind when people simply eat,drink n don't exercise properly n regularly.Overtime kidney get clogged or jammed n find difficulty sending purified blood to all parts of ur body including brain....Answer to this question is Simple.EXERCISE twice a day or more....I walk for 3-4 hrs in the morning n also evening.I wake up early n sleep late.i get very good sleep n stay very energetic whole day.i do some weight training also.......Guru called sikhs of his time as SARDAR becoz they were very strong,better over others...reason sikhs of old were always on exercise...horse riding,shastar training everyday n fighting battles daylong n leading tough life in Jungles n fighting n killing wild animals like lions,tigers,n others ...marching many miles to battlefields n over many days(here were no cars n trucks at that time)...n lot more.:up:..all the activities made them super strong n best over others...today life is changed n girls r worst at exercises n so they r more confused..once they cross 16 yrs they totally give up playing,games,sports,any shastar training,long walking,etc....N spend more time before make up mirror,watching 3 hrs bollywood movies.rest,sit n sleep....Result is the brain that suffers the most...N so brain behaves horribly n so the man himself...:happy:....Raise ur might inside by lot of exercises(any kind or mixed).Only then U r SARDARS N SARDARNIS..........:yes:..Guru has given us all n we should not wander here n there.....keep ur mind at full chardi kala level thru exercises n then sit n read,sing n chant bani...All will be set right.....Guru has asked us to keep ourselves strong thru trainings n other means n also hold mala in another hand....Simple......Bhakti n Shakti should remain together........:happy:..........:wah:

May 30, 2007
Sat Siri Akal...Yup..disappeared for a while...:yes:.I felt that people r fighting over petty things n relating them all to religion....This is funny...Guru is beyond our thought process n greatly virtuous.None can count his virtues n measure or weigh each one...he/she(In fact none,no gender) is beyond human's thinking.All we see him is thru eyes of Guru n Bani...We have got all elements to fight back every evil that arises from within n outside....He gave us all powers n virtues...Guru has praised Khalsa like himself....They did all using capabilities n strengths given to them(us too) by kartar...As i stated already that poor exercises n lot of relaxation activities causes our brain to behave like fools n so we turn foolish....Just raise level of brain thru exercises,lot of playing,games etc....n then sit with Guru to understand him fully n right...Guru is all love,too kind n caring..what else u need.can't we use his given powers n abilities to solve our problems......Simple......Isn't it.....Sach Kartar.....:happy:.

May 24, 2008
I personally feel that the current so called SCHOLARS have created doubts in the mind of younger generation about the utmost importance of AMRIT VELA ( rising up at Amrocial Hours) which was a must for Sikhs of olden times but younger lot gets up as late as 7AM some even at 8AM . This leaves them with very little time for SIMRAN & NITNEM . They are rushing for all work related chores & their spiritual progress is NIL sometimes even reversed due to absence of touch with Gurbani daily . This is one big factor for decline of quality Sikhs in current times .

May 30, 2007
:welcome:..everyone .......There has been a great difference between old n new age sikhs...Old sikhs were purely driven by guru's bachans n ran to obey guru's bachans.modern sikhs beliefs r different...They r more in luxury.they don't like hardship at all.No exercises,no walking n others.result, body will more tired.N so need more n more rest So cannot wake up very very early.Nanak wandered the world on foot n when tired,sat,relaxed n sing bani of kartar.All guru's have similar lifestyle.Guru harkishan Sahib ji went on foot to delhi n soothed people with his divine vision..Punjab,guru ki nagri was all built n polished by guru Sahibaans.For old sikhs,all was easy.Sikhs of guru Gobind Singh Ji's time n also hargobind sang bani in battlefield with big drums n other war instruments....In sikhism there is no concept that u have to only sit n then chant naam or sing bani.It can be done anywhere,anytime n in any kind of situation...It is all mind game..:happy:.. Modern sikhs only talk n do nothing to become good at obeying Guru's bachans...Unless u prepare ur body n mind properly,One cannot obey guru's bachans....Simple.........:up:.....:up:........:D...So run for it n make efforts.u r sikhs of guru gobind Singh Ji.A lion Guru n so his sikhs too must be lion at strength n fighting skills......Boost ur inner power n body strength n u will find it easy to obey guru's bachans....Simple..Isn't it....Cool.....:wah:....Love u all..:D...Satnaam Siri Waheguru.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhupi

SPNer
Nov 16, 2009
SSA!
it is not only the girls but the boys too are a confused lot.
it no doubt that the parents have not been able to be good examples for maybe reasons best known to them . maybe financial or social as we have passed a period full of struggle.and it is now that prachar has fully come into force and we have got time to introspect.

but it is well known that " the thirsty will find water on his own" .
the best thing we can and have learned from our revered GURUS is that they never promoted sikhism fanaticaly. nor did they impose their views on anybody by force or coercion.
it is a well known fact that entire countries have been converted by force or lust or by gifts / benefits in cash or kind etc.

as rightly said we need to have more confidence and faith in the teachings of our GURUS which have been universal. and not get swayed away by greed and lustful living which is become an epidemic in our lives.

BUT our GURUS gave us an ocean full of diamonds ie: "THE GRANTH SAHIB" where we are allowed to go to any depth of our choice and make our life a living treasure.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhupi ji

Along with Aman Singh ji I salute you! And appreciate and agree with your comment on this point -- 100 percent and no reservations.

Bahadar S

SPNer
Nov 15, 2009
United States
The problem here is definetely the Parents in religions like Islam they go very in detail to traditions and meanings i know because of my friends (that are girls). As far as Alcohol is concerned no matter what gender you are you should not drink alcohol, and cutting of hair if you are a Sikh. I come from a very religious family the idea of drinking alcohol and cutting of Kesh completely forbbidon for both genders equally.

Using Portraits of Guru Ji is used to keep your mind concentrated while doing Naam Simran it help keeping your mind on Guru Ji's Charna. It is not like bowing to the Portraits or performing Rituals.

As far as placing money and bowing in a Gurdwara is definetely not mandatory in any Gurdwara i have went to I place as much money that i feel to respect and to show your Shardaa in Guru Ji, and showing Maya is always under the feet of The Satguru

Hope this helps :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The problem here is definetely the Parents in religions like Islam they go very in detail to traditions and meanings i know because of my friends (that are girls).

Bahadar ji

Do you think that it is common in the Sikh families that you know for parents to go into detail about Sikh traditions, SGGS, meanings of religious concepts?

:confusedmunda:

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI.
Narayanjot Kaur<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Ji

As I understand all human brains are wired in by Almighty to be empathetic nature to begin with ,all the siblings. priests , teachers brainwashing with all kinds of references to kids of previous heroes for their killings the enemies in their history. Warlords preparing us to the wars on behalf of religions or the military preparing the solders to combat with the enemy with merciless fighting, all boils down to completely brainwashed our empathetic nature.

BUT some people in history repented so much like King Ashoka after seeing the suffering of millions died in kALINGA war ,changed his mind when empathy was awaken and became a non -Violence in philosophy by spreading the Buddhisms in the world.

Some writer has written:

"INSAN KO PAIDA KIA INSAN KA DARD MAND HONA,
KIA PHRESTEN KAM THE IBTEDA KE LIAE."

God has made man to look after each others pain otherwise God has lots of Angels to look after HIM.

Think about all these warrior's heroes with high status in the world for what?.

-They had A dreams to conquer the world and made millions of people suffer and
killed like Alexander the Great. What is so great about him who was murders of
millions of people. and so many others who has a nature to rule others.

- We stayed over 2000 years under Mugal Raj and British rules without any empathy.

But we are still on square # one to continue brainwashing our childerns to teach them that we are different from others or superior from other based on colors or cast system.

It will continue unless we adopt Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's teachings in practical life.

Jaspi:wah:

Thanks.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
jaspi ji

Sat Sri Akaal! :happykaur:

Your comments are very inspiring and speak from you intuitive understanding of human beings. I think most of all because you leave the door open for all human beings to rediscover their inherent goodness with the grace of the Guru. Great ideas to ponder. And thank you.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS Akal Ji

Narayanjot Kaur<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Ji.

Thanks for your comments to understand of the potential we are blessed with by CREATOR and what we had been producing because OF SOME SELF WILLED people who forced us to get their benefits or rule us by altering our thinking to some thing opposite to what we supposed to be.

That is why God sent on this earth Prophets, Messanger such as GURU NANAK DEV JI to make us realizes the Wahe Guru being polite.empathetic and appreciating the God by Nam Japna and Japana.

Fortunately our country INDIA has been always blessed with more Messengers , Prophets,Bhagat,saints,philosophers, Great poets in Urdu and our languages and home to Sufism because there had been maximum suppression on the people of India mostly contributed by cast system and foreign invaders.

God always send such Great Gurus or Prophets where there is great superstitions on man kinds such India and also in middle east during NOHA when Mosses was sent by God to release all the slaves from great suppression in Egypt and followed by birth of Jesus Christ to spread the love and empathy among the people.

By the way the atrocities committed in cast system gives a birth to Avatars such Guru Ravi das Ji and more saints.

Jaspiikonkaar

Jun 16, 2009
Guru fatehji,

The kid is very corect that she is confused, and we as whole community is to be blamed for that. pretty hardhitting, but that is the fact. We come to far off places and always remeber our roots, which is commendable, but in the meantime we tend to forget that it is we the parents who spent oour considerable time in Punjab. Whereas the kids are brought up in the alien culture and to show ourself to be more modern we encourage our kids to follow the western culture which has its good and bad influences. Till the time we realise, the kid starts forming own ideas about what to do and what not to do which unwittingly clashes with our thoughts and try to forcibly implement our thoughts on the kids leaving them confused. We as parents should guide them and follow what we want them to follow by proper guidance and counselling.

My dear freind you on your part should be more focused on what you want to do. Some things in our system cannot be corrected by the individual so we have to adapt to the system and not try to adapt system, to the individual. Which in your case you are trying to do, leading to confusion I believe you should consult somebody in your circle and try find end to your confusion. You seem to be very intelligent women the answer to your confusion is with you. Last but not the least read gurbani you will find all your answers.

eropa234

SPNer
Mar 24, 2005
Toronto
You are not confused at all its the environment that is confused. Gurbani gives gives you a way to think with knowledge. Alcohol should not be consumed because its bad for you. Many medications contain alcohol and its ok to consume it as a proscription.

Yes there is double standard in our society when it comes go girls.

You seems to be a very intelligent lady and I sugest that you continue the course and question society and importantly self questioning to know the "truth". Power lies with knowledge and truth without it we are all weak men or women makes no difference.

Regards

Bayant

SPNer
May 16, 2007
All honored and learned contributors carry the blessings of waheguru and its encouraging
to see the practicality exposed. I suggest the Gurmatta authority of SGPC ought to
wake up and appoint delegations to all villages and districts in Punjab as well as
the diaspora in order to add a positive influence to this issue.Its high time we all have
had a socio/religious refreshment

gscheema

SPNer
Feb 10, 2010
satshriakaal ji......first of all i am sorry for what i am going to post plz forgive me if it hurts you.....i think you are are very much disappointed by the present situation of sikh religion but you are only looking the negative side there are many other things which will revive your thinking as you posted that sikhs do not know much about religion and they do not get proper knowledge from there elders i am agree with you in this context....but my dear first of all before pointing to others you ask yourself that how firmly you are following your religion i guess you are grown up now and have enough intellect to understand principles of sikhism dont think what others are doing before sikhs we are humans and we all have same basic instinct which corrupt our souls and only true Gurus naam (waheguru) can save us change yourself and have broad point of view towards others we all are under the hukum of one true lord and every one is equal for Him whether sikh or muslim or hindu so who are we to create gap if someone is doing wrong he will be punished for his deed "karmi appo apni ke nere ke door". And one more thing i dont want to say but i am helpless.... suppose if there is beautiful painting on wall but an ant wont admire it instead she would find a hole in it.....this world is very beautiful spread love and you will get back love but if you spread hatred to will get it back......one again i beg your pardon.. God bless you with His true name(waheguru, allah, ram infinite)

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
In Sikhism all of us are born into Sikhism. In other religion many join the religion from the out side. We tell our kids this is the greatest religion on earth. Yet don’t explain what is great about the Sikhism. We tell the kids the fairy tale stories. Bravery and specifies Sikhs have given for Sikhism.We tell the daughters that you are going to in-law’s house. You are just a guest here in this house. You should learn to do the cooking and ll the chores of house. This is the sign of good daughter. Daughter does not have a choice what she wants to learn or not to learn. Daughters are told to be submissive and be obedient to husband and in-laws. Do not rock the boat, don’t do any thing that we should feel ashamed
<!--?"urn::eek:
Who are the heroes of girls? No one telling what the girls have achieved what is their contributions to the society. Son can demand from sister to do his work and do his washing and bring glass of water while he is playing card game or on computer. In almost all homes I have not seen boy fill the glass of water. How does the girl feel? No one care when I talk to their parent all they say it is the girl’s job to do all that for her bro.

No one care about the Sikhism all they care is how to make money by any means.
The guardians of Sikhism are breaking every rule of Sikhism.
The akal takhat is the supreme body of Sikhism. They feel proud to pass the law that no woman can do kirtan at Harmander sahib. Nowhere the woman is allowed to participate in amrit pan ritual. It was the wife of Gobind Singh who put the patase in the amrit to make it complete. Yet she can be one of the 5 that give the amrit to men and WOMEN.

It is the men,boys who look at girl as sex object not a person of equal right. We are making women depended on us. We men should be doing things that make girl be proud person.

It was the women libration that started in <!--?xml:::eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region> that put the woman on the stage. Most of the men were condemning that movement. Do the women have to take up the guns to take their rights?

Why women taking this abuse from the society. Even women are woman’s biggest enemy. Girls should take the education how ever they can. They should do what ever it take to be equal to man

Men should demand from the SGPC and akal takhat to make changes to make woman part of the Sikhism.

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM