• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Girls: A Confused Lot. Are Parents To Blame?

balli

SPNer
Jul 20, 2006
aad0002 ji,

Let me convey my apologies for barging in at a later stage and expressing my views ( unqualified views). I also admit that I am not as learned and as full of wisdom as some of the members here are.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
. I am not anti Sikh as many may think. Just think why 6th guru kept girl friend Kaulan

Seeker ji I am surprised by your comments Just because Guru Hargobind ji helped a woman that does mean he was his Girlfriend

Mata Kaulan - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.

Mata Kaulan was a women who was a free spirit and wanted to explore her surroundings. She had been adopted by a Muslim priest called Rustam Khan. He was based in Lahore, Pakistan. Qazi Rustam Khan had bought her from her parents while she was a child. It is possible that her parents were Hindus. The Qazi gave her the education of Islam and sent her to Saint Mian Mir for higher schooling.

Saint Mian Mir was a Sufi Saint. He had no prejudice against any religion. He had a very deep love with Guru Nanak's Institution. It was usual for him to go to Amritsar to meet the Guru Arjan Dev ji. Whenever the Guru visited Lahore, he never went back without seeing Saint Mian Mir. Due to these meetings, Saint Mian Mir knew a large number of Guru's verses by heart which he used to quote to his disciples.

Bibi Kaulan also remembered some of the verses by heart which she used to recite herself as she found them very touching. Her attachment to the Guru's institution increased further when she saw the Guru and the Sikhs came from Amritsar to Lahore at the time of the plague epidemic and nursed the patients with their own hands. The dedication of the Sikhs to serve God was something that impressed Kaulan Ji as she too was a disciple of the true Guru.

One day, Qazi Rustam Khan heard Bibi Kaulan reciting Guru Nanak's verses at home.

He rebuked her and said "Do not recite these verses of the infidels in the future."

Bibi Kaulan Said, "Dear father! Saint Mian Mir bows in all humility to the man you call an infidel and thinks it a privelege to seat him by his side. It is unbecoming to call the man an infidel whom the saint hold in such esteem."

The qazi gave a sound thrashing to Bibi Kaulan on hearing the praise of the Gurus from her and said, "I do not want that you recite the verses of these infidels even unintentionally."'

Between her sobs Bibi Kaulan said, "You may beat me to death but I cannot live without reciting these verses."

Qazi Rustam Khan went and asked other Qazis, "Kaulan persists with reciting the verses of the infidels inspite of my beating. What remedy should be adopted?"

They said, "It is a great sin for the Momins (believers of Islam) to praise the infidels and recite their word. Kaulan should be beheaded for this sin."

When Saint Mian Mir heard about the decree of beheading of Bibi Kaulan, he sent her to the Guru's institution at Amritsar through Abdul Yaar Shah where the homeless were protected. Guru Hargobind made arrangement for separate accommodation for Bibi Kaulan. She had no fear at Amritsar of being killed by the order of the Qazis.

Guru Hargobind took over the role of spiritual guide and counselor from Mian Mir. Under his guidance, Kaulan learned to meditate and sing the teachings songs of the Sikhs. Guru Hargobind instructed that a separate building be built for her as living quarters, and told her not to worry. She could spend her time as she pleased. In her home in Lahore, Kaulan spent hours in deep meditation and prayer. In her new home in the Guru’s court, she continued her routine of study and meditation. It is said that when Guru Hargobind saw her continual dependence on the Divine, he was deeply pleased with Kaulan’s devotion. And in order to protect that devotion, to give it shelter so it could flourish, he took care of her completely.

Three years after the completion of the tank in Amritsar, Kaulan became ill. Ever her Protector, Guru Hargobind came to see her. She was so weak, she could hardly speak. Guru Hargobind could see that she had only another day to live – another 24 hours. As she lay there, weak in body, with little voice, he took her through the experience of her life. How lucky she was, it is reported he said, that she left the company of people who had no sense to see the Divine. How fortunate that she had come into the company of the Guru and the Sikhs to meditate and pray. With his compassion, he guided her to assess her life and see that there was no reason to feel pain about leaving her family – but only joy at how her life had been transformed.

Then, he began to give her spiritual instructions that would guide her through the last 24 hours of her life. He directed her to keep meditating and reflecting on the Akal Moorat – on the deathless spirit that lived within her. Death could not touch her spirit, her awareness – it was only an illusion. For the next 24 hours, the Guru instructed, she should do nothing but meditate on the Creator, and stay present with that Deathless Awareness inside of herself. He promised that he would come at the moment of her departure.

Twenty-four hours later, as he had promised, Guru Hargobind returned to Kaulan’s side. Macauliffe’s account of Kaulan’s death is too moving re-write. So let me just share with you what he wrote.

“The Guru proceeded to Kaulan’s apartments and addressed her consolatory words. ‘Be ready. Prepare thyself. Thine hour hath come. Dismiss all consideration for thy body and fix thine attention on God, who is unborn and imperishable. The world is unreal and only shineth with His light. The soul is pure, real, conscious, happy. As long as man is proud of his body he is subject to birth and death. But when he hath obtained divine knowledge and passed beyond the bounds of love and hate, then he obtaineth deliverance.’

When Kaulan, after meditating on the Guru’s instruction, again opened her eyes, she addressed her last words to the Guru. ‘I thank thee! I thank thee! O patron of the homeless that I found shelter in thee. Thou didst in a moment confer on me the position which Jogis for years vainly strive to attain. Thou didst dispel the ignorance which hung over my millions of births like an inveterate disease.’ She then fixed her attention on God, repeated ‘Waheguru,’ and heaving her last breath departed to the heaven of her aspirations. The Guru ordered her maids and manservant to prepare her for the last rites. Her maids bathed her and clothed her in a shroud and costly shawl. While the minstrel sang the Guru’s hymns, her body was removed to the garden attached to her dwelling and there cremated. The Sohila was read and prayers offered for the repose of her soul.” (2)

To immortalize the memory of Bibi Kaulan's resolve to remain firm on her words, the Guru constructed a pool named Kaulsar in 1627 A.D. Bibi Kaulan died at Kartarpur in 1630 A.D.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
balli ji

I hope you don't think my words were criticism. I was trying to share some information that you may have missed. Apologies to you.

aad0002 ji,

Let me convey my apologies for barging in at a later stage and expressing my views ( unqualified views). I also admit that I am not as learned and as full of wisdom as some of the members here are.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Can you read the book Parsng of 6th patshahi. This book’s introduction is done by one of the jathedar of the gurdwara. There you can see the facts.

You say that a muslim priest has bought her from hindu family. But you are not sure if he bought it from hindu or not.You said posiable that they were hindu. In those days muslim did not buy any girl from hindus,unless you can show that they did in any other case. They just took the girls from hindus. Then did not took them to educate then and took them as their daughters. They only took them for only one purpose that was for sex. Then and now muslim are against the education of girls. You can see what is happning in Afghanistan and under sharia law girls cant go to school.
Lest say he did why would he send her to Saint Mia mir. What education she got from Mia Mir? There is no mention.. You said Rustam Khan was Kazi. Kazi know all about Islam why would he send her to Saint. Looks like all she learnd was Nanak’s sloks nothing about other thing or Islam. Dose not make sense.
This Kazi consulted other kazis and they recommended that she be killed. The same kazi was against her for reciting Kazi reciting the Nanak’s sloks and he wanted to save her? And he sent her to Guru for her protection. Can one Kazi go against othe Kazis?Do you think that is what really happened? Not is a million years.
The Guru made separate accommodation for HER. Whay do you think Guru did that for the muslim girl? Why was she so impotent that she had to stay in separate place? You did not see any connection here?. Guru Hargond was use to go with Jahangir for hunting and other entertainment to Kashmir and other places. What you think it was going on there? Spiritual Guru go on hunting, killing for his enjoyment? If you still don’t see any thing here then No one can help you my friend. It was for the muslim to go hunting not for Nanak’s house leader to go killing any animal for the pleasure.
There is gurdwara made in the nbame of Kaulan. Why is that? Were she saint at other gurus that there should be gurdwara in her name?

These kind of thing are make black mark on great religion. We must not believe the lies people spread for their own benefit. We have to be very vigilant that no one defame this religion. Look at other big religions these kind of stories are make them laughing stock of the world. Do you want the sikh religion to be in same category?

I am curious why no one picked up what I said about the son of Guru hargobind’s 4 marriages. What was the reason for Guru Gobind’s 3 marriages? There is A reason why he got married more then once.
Maybe some one can tell us why?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
seeker3k,

If we can answer this quesiton, then some of your concerns may be cleared. Was Mian Mir a Sufi?

If he was a Sufi, then it would not be a puzzle that he took a girl under his care. The sufi's of old were dedicated to humanitarian efforts. They started hostels for the sick and the homeless, for orphans, for beggars, for lost souls. They picked dying people up off the street and cared for them.

There are not enough facts altogether to figure out what was going on behind the scenes. So it is hard to know who was doing bad stuff.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
seeker3k,

If we can answer this quesiton, then some of your concerns may be cleared. Was Mian Mir a Sufi?

If he was a Sufi, then it would not be a puzzle that he took a girl under his care. The sufi's of old were dedicated to humanitarian efforts. They started hostels for the sick and the homeless, for orphans, for beggars, for lost souls. They picked dying people up off the street and cared for them.

There are not enough facts altogether to figure out what was going on behind the scenes. So it is hard to know who was doing bad stuff.
MI meir came in the picture after. It was Kazi who took her or adopted her and his friends othe Kazis who wanted the girl to be killed. Not the sufi..
I believe this would be the end of this topic. as becouse no one kknows but still continue to believe that false stories.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
seekr3k ji

You are right. There are a number of stories about Rustam Khan, Bibi Kaulan and Mian Mir. They all overlap and they are all slightly different. Most of these stories come from compliations of janaamsakhis of which there are several. Max Macauliffe in History of the Sikhs also has a very long account of this story that includes the involvement of the Persian Emperor and the gift of a horse to Rustam Khan.

The horse was stolen from Guru Hargobind by the emperor's henchmen and given to Rustam Khan. Forthwith, the horse went on a hunger strike.

The story by Macauliffe is not only long and detailed but it also brings in a number of subtleties that make the story very different. For one thing, Bibi Kaulan in his version was being asked to marry someone. When she refused her father became angry and then she ran away to Amritsar. In this version of the story, and in the first half of the story, nothing is mentioned about Bibi learning from Mian Mir, and then angering her father with her recitations. Rather she ran away to get out of a forced marriage. It is only when she arrives in Amritsar that Bibi Kaulan learns about the Bani of the Gurus. Later when her father caught up with her he became angry because it looked like she was an outrage to Islam because of her new religious beliefs. In any case, this version does nothing to clear up whether Bibi Kaulan was adopted or who she was adopted from. Macauliffe also depends on janaamsakhis to tell this version of the story.

I can copy this version of the story -- which throws a very different light on the issues -- if you want. But what good would it do? The historical evidence is hard to come by. The most important thing is that we try to understand the moral lesson of the story. The moral themes in the sakhi are really aimed at the spiritual short-comings of Rustam Khan. In contrast to the spiritual growth of Bibi Kaulan. So maybe this is the end of things for now.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Thank you for accepting what I am saying. All the sakhis were written in 1800 or there about. Most of the things in them are wrong. They try to glorify the gurus. In doing so they wrote just made up stories. One who want to know ther Truth have to rise above all this mambo jambo. There is nothing wrong to question the writing We I am not questioning the gurus. All I am saying is that we must be careful as to what we believe. Otherwise the grate religion will be just like Hinduism. This site is doing good job by setting up the forum so people can learn the truth. I do not mean to insult any one’s belief but I am trying to tell the truth. I know I know what authority I have that I know the truth. I am sorry if I am offending any one. There is nothing above LOGIC. Guru Nanak just used logic that’s all.
Have a great time.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
seekr3k ji

Your words were very important to me, Otherwise the grate religion will be just like Hinduism. This site is doing good job by setting up the forum so people can learn the truth.

I know you do not wish to be critical of Hindus. Is sounds as if you are putting your focus on the tendency of some to worship the wrong things -- the stories become more important than the spiritual philosophy of Nanak. That is the down side when the stories are venerated.

The stories need to be respected for a different reason. In my opinion, we need to read the stories not as if they are written in stone but because we can use them to evaluate our own behavior and attitudes. The can act as moral guides. And they do have truth in them, some historical facts are there mixed in with potent lessons about righteous living.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Spiritual Guru go on hunting, killing for his enjoyment?

It was for the muslim to go hunting not for Nanak’s house leader to go killing any animal for the pleasure.
What is wrong with those scenarios?
There are many reasons why someone goes hunting besides pleasure and enjoyment.
And what did the Gurus have against pleasure and enjoyment?

dala

SPNer
May 5, 2009
if our parents have failed us..then let us not fail our children! when we bow before ggs..we do not have to donate any money..no body forces you. and you can go to one side and bow there. alot of sikh men dont drink...so please dont put down all of us. alot of muslims drink and smoke..especially girls...when i was at college muslims girls there use to drink and smoke..so its not just in sikhism you find this problem...its everywhere. naam jap and find peace within rather than fluttering around finding excuses not to.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Yes you are right it is not sikhism that have problem. All the religious people have the problem. Then the question is why join religion? What I understand fron Guru Nanak we dont need any agent to get to God. Why have religion? Religion is to make money and to control people. You say naam jap, Are you saying waheguru or any other naam? Did Nanak say wahaguru is the naam? Or later gurus knew more then Nanak so they named the wahaguru naam. The waheguru was spoken by Bhats to praise the guru. If you read the GGS you will know this. The naam the Nanak was talking about is not known to any one.
If people want to be led by the bhaiji then it is their choice. Guru Nanak never said that any where in his bani.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Yes you are right it is not sikhism that have problem. All the religious people have the problem. Then the question is why join religion? What I understand fron Guru Nanak we dont need any agent to get to God. Why have religion? Religion is to make money and to control people. You say naam jap, Are you saying waheguru or any other naam? Did Nanak say wahaguru is the naam? Or later gurus knew more then Nanak so they named the wahaguru naam. The waheguru was spoken by Bhats to praise the guru. If you read the GGS you will know this. The naam the Nanak was talking about is not known to any one.
If people want to be led by the bhaiji then it is their choice. Guru Nanak never said that any where in his bani.

Do you want to say That Athiesits Agnostics don't have problems? What about Hitler,What about stalin? what about Mao? and list goes on.Were these religious people? I don't understand why Anti religion people just criticise Religion without looking at the fact that there are many many problems in world where religion is not even remotely linked

As far as religion is concerned .Religion is Necessary to keep a spiritual path alive.Hundreds of spiritual paths started in India but very few survived.With time many of them either merged in islam or hinduism.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
KDS 1980 Ji,

You are missing the point. What you are saying is that religious people are no better then the atheists and other groups. Thanks for proving what I was saying. Spirituality is individually not in group. In group it is religion that control people and abuse people. If you don’t see it then it is your problem. I see you read sggs it is not to be read but understood. Seems to me all people read but don’t understand what is written.
So Sikhism will be merged into what? When one says their religion is supreme he/she is speaking from egoism. That mean other religion is bad. How can there be peace if every one has the same attitude. Every religion is used by political parties. Where in SGGS it is written that one should believe blindly? The whole massage in the SGGS is to analyze before believing.
If the statue of Nakak is sold in front of the Golden Temple and people but it and take it home and light agarbati in front of the statue and pictures of other gurus. Then what you call this. I know you will say it is the respect of gurus. If you truly believe it then it is your problem. But don’t mislead people.

seeker

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Seeker ji

Sikhism is not only beleiving in Guru Nanak's teachings .It is beleif inTeachings of 10 Guru's ,Guru granth Sahib and Guru panth.Akal takhat was established by 6th Guru to discuss poltical matter.So Guru's themselves molded sikhism into religion.

As far as poltical parties are concerned they use everything language,culture etc.

You are missing the point. What you are saying is that religious people are no better then the atheists and other groups

Re read your post you said all religious people have problem you did not say that all people have problem
As far comparision of religious people with Atheists of religious is concerned.I cannot say that religious people are better or Atheists are better because Religions are different and their teachings are different too.Its absolutely rubbish to put all religious people in one category.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Dear writer . Let us not jump to the conclusion with people who were aginst humanity as a whole. We are talking about Shri Guru Nanak dev ji 's teaching and philospphy of remebering the name of God by Jap his name in isolations in our Gurdwaras. President of the Gurudwara is eleceted by Sangat to make sure proper teachings of our Gurus are being translated and taught to the Sangat than preaching to split the country to make Khalistan another country. On what ground ,we still has to figure out? We live in democratic country and have a powererful tool in our hand which is called right to vote.

I am not sure if I am addressing the right person there is fundamentlay some thing is wrong in our Priests or Bhai 's taechings who do not give a dame of our Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's teaching about cast system existing until today.

Please get rid of it first about the cast system before you dare to speak a word of sikh faith.Do not play like dummies. You ive in free worldand face the reality existing.

Jaspi
Do you want to say That Athiesits Agnostics don't have problems? What about Hitler,What about stalin? what about Mao? and list goes on.Were these religious people? I don't understand why Anti religion people just criticise Religion without looking at the fact that there are many many problems in world where religion is not even remotely linked

As far as religion is concerned .Religion is Necessary to keep a spiritual path alive.Hundreds of spiritual paths started in India but very few survived.With time many of them either merged in islam or hinduism.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa ,Wahe Guru Ji Ki fateh.

We all must realizes that once the foundations on whuch the entire concept of SIKHI is not properly understood and preached by educated and with deep knowledge of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is spread among the sikh community.

Like if the person is only educated to read Gurmukhi and know how to do PATH and repeat like a parrote in Gurudwara or houses is nothing more than carring all kinds of holy books on the shoulders with any understandings.

Sant Maskeen Ji and there are many expamples of the great people who preached with lots of knowldge about Gurbani and Gurus. We are still listening thier Kirat vichar until

Originally Posted by: Kiran Sidhu
(some posts could not be ported over to new version, so had to be appended manually. accept our apologies)

Aman Singh,

I didn't really like you putting down the western [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL] Community to be honest. I know children of this generation are confused, no doubt in that. But seems to me, I sense that the only reason you are all wound up is that due to the fact that ur a [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL] woman who isn't maybe allowed "to party" or "to drink", so your parents may say, but the males in your family are? That's just the way it is! And as goes for not being allowed to drink alcohol, yep that's true but what you are not understanding is the fact that our [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/religion/sikhreligion.html"]religion[/URL] doesn't allow us but it's our [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabiradio/punjabiradio.html"]punjabi[/URL] culture! I think most of the [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL] population around the world, in this day and age, are more "Punjabi" then a "Sikh". I, myself believe that I haven't reached that level yet where as I can call myself a true [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL]. I am a [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabiradio/punjabiradio.html"]Punjabi[/URL] who follows the [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/religion/sikhreligion.html"]Religion[/URL] Sikhism but aim to be a true [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL]/ Singhni one day. It takes a lot to reach that goal, and when I do... It will be the most beautiful thing in this entire universe...

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.
Aman Singh Ji.
When the fundamentals of the foundations is not being preached or practically adopted by our leaders thus leaving massive Sikh community to resort to other activities . We have so far broken the most basic teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji not to bring back the cast system among us. But it is existing more than even Hindus.
All our preacher or Bhaies are only educated to read the Guru Granth Saheb and repeating the path by reading not translating it by each words their meanings.Educated with minimum master degree in Giani should be a basic education of these priest or Jathedar to get elected in Parbhandak committee or be a priest having a with vast experiences not being a Ragies or other kind of his or her popularity.
These Bhaies or Ragies are only working to make some bucks without any interest to serve the Sikh community .But only to creat their recognitions among the Sangat with vast members of Sikh community with large sums of money and property to their account.
We degraded our selves to bring too much politics in our prayer places and show our new generation all kind fights going on in the Gurudwarss all around the world.Bhai Sahibs word to address our Sikh community is completely vanished. When you say Bhai Saheb to another Sikh ,they all wonder if you know them from some where. Where as we must live under one umbrella to greet each other as brothers.
What any one can explain to the new generations if there is any thing in practically being practiced ?
All Gurudwara committee elections are being done like a election i of any countries with violence not even by democratically or Silkh Maryadas. All young generation do not want to Gurudwaras even after seeing so many conflict among the Sikh society which supposed be the most humble nature. All these actions by our leaders or Sikh community has summed up to isolate our selves and not to attend Gurdwara regularly with the children's where they do not get any explanations of the Gurubani except some Ragies Kirtan in so much high volume of voice , one wonder the reason of the shabads being sung so loud where it becomes to hear for 2 hours of stay in Gurudwara without any understanding by new generations of growing youths.
So this has been deteriorating before 1925. We lost all our basics taught to us by !st Guru and Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.
Mearly to give SHAHEEDY for any one without solid cause is waist of life and leave no respect at large in society. World is not the same as it used to be under Mugal Empire. Now we live in Democratic society where every onehas a right to elect the leader one wants.
So we can not blame any one . We have to look at the situations from the top to bottom which are becoming a mockery by the new generations.
FUNDAMENTALS OF SIKHISM MUST BE UPHELD IN ORDER TO MOVE FURTHER TO LET THE WORLD KNOWS HOW GREAT IS TEACHINGS OF OUR GURUS UNDER ONE UMBRELLA OF ONE CREATORS. SIKHS ALWAYS PRAY "SARBAR KA BJ HALLA".
You can not find in any religion that kinds of thoughts.
I leave that unto Sat Guru Ji to bring some understanding among our preachers or leaders to bring back the same love and get rid of their egos .
Jaspi

Originally Posted by: Kiran Sidhu
(some posts could not be ported over to new version, so had to be appended manually. accept our apologies)

Aman Singh,

I didn't really like you putting down the western [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL] Community to be honest. I know children of this generation are confused, no doubt in that. But seems to me, I sense that the only reason you are all wound up is that due to the fact that ur a [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL] woman who isn't maybe allowed "to party" or "to drink", so your parents may say, but the males in your family are? That's just the way it is! And as goes for not being allowed to drink alcohol, yep that's true but what you are not understanding is the fact that our [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/religion/sikhreligion.html"]religion[/URL] doesn't allow us but it's our [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabiradio/punjabiradio.html"]punjabi[/URL] culture! I think most of the [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL] population around the world, in this day and age, are more "Punjabi" then a "Sikh". I, myself believe that I haven't reached that level yet where as I can call myself a true [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL]. I am a [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabiradio/punjabiradio.html"]Punjabi[/URL] who follows the [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/religion/sikhreligion.html"]Religion[/URL] Sikhism but aim to be a true [URL="http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhphilosophy/search/forum/38-1.html"]Sikh[/URL]/ Singhni one day. It takes a lot to reach that goal, and when I do... It will be the most beautiful thing in this entire universe...

Setarah

SPNer
Jun 29, 2009
I Know what U mean.. Lots of parents dont explain or tell their children like WHY u should do something.. or why is this or that like this.. And a kid would be wondering like why.. do i have to do this.. For example.. If guys go out and drink its kinda fine.. If girls to the same then she 's like being bad.. I think alcohol is a part of punjabi culture ( Not that I think it's good) Not at all, but because of that.. people dont think about it.. or they don't wnt to.. they just do it.. And About going Gurudwara.. I dont go that often.. But I for example a mate of mine.. she goes every sunday.. becos she hs to.. her parents like force her.. and cos of that.. she doesnt take it serious.. its not like she is goin.. on her own.. only cos she has tooo.. so.. i think thats a part of it too.. Someone has to want to learn about Sikhi Him/her self..U can't force anyone.. U show them the right direction.. but u simply cant force them.. And I dont think its only in the Uk.. its in europe aswell..

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa and Wahe Guru JI ki Fateh.
I agree with your point of view.But it is always as they say "Man is known by the society one keeps." At young age people are more effected by the friends they keep.But forcing children to visit Gurudwara without proper explanations with certain logic's is needed for the importances of such visits .
The seeds must be sowen at young age for our Guru's teachings in exact truthful manners on the principals "preech what you practice".

Most of the teaching must be rendered on one God as per our faith and we all human are being one .But today ,right from the chilhood we are told who we are ,what relgion or cast we belongs to,which creat a divided thinking with our fellow human beings and gives us enough environments to grow with caompatives values to be different than others, superiors or inferios.This kinds of teachings brings lots of maunupaltaions in all humans beings to deal with other people at large.
Thus the empathy components which we are all blessed by the creator in our brain is constantly manuplated by parents,plitics to be a fighter or lot others personalties which gives a birth to all kinds ego to be distructive to your own beings. Real purpose of love and love with each others is overshadowed.For that reasons plenty of saints left with us vast treasure of thoughts to be kind and have a respect of your owen kinds.
But still it all boils down to many things in every one's environment and the situations of all kinds such as financial or famly circumstances to have direct impact on each growings human beings..
Jaspi
I Know what U mean.. Lots of parents dont explain or tell their children like WHY u should do something.. or why is this or that like this.. And a kid would be wondering like why.. do i have to do this.. For example.. If guys go out and drink its kinda fine.. If girls to the same then she 's like being bad.. I think alcohol is a part of punjabi culture ( Not that I think it's good) Not at all, but because of that.. people dont think about it.. or they don't wnt to.. they just do it.. And About going Gurudwara.. I dont go that often.. But I for example a mate of mine.. she goes every sunday.. becos she hs to.. her parents like force her.. and cos of that.. she doesnt take it serious.. its not like she is goin.. on her own.. only cos she has tooo.. so.. i think thats a part of it too.. Someone has to want to learn about Sikhi Him/her self..U can't force anyone.. U show them the right direction.. but u simply cant force them.. And I dont think its only in the Uk.. its in europe aswell..

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: