• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Sikh Girl In London Gets 14 Years Jail For Killling Muslim Lover's Pregnant Wife

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england
Again kds1980 ji yourve taken what ive said out of context. what ive gave you was a possiblity, a reason to think before you condem. It probably bears no resemblance to her actual story. Btw i do think there is far to much gravic violence on tv and definately to many mindlessly violent video games, Grand theft auto whats the point in that one for example
Tony

Enlighten Me

SPNer
Dec 4, 2010
England
I know this is an old thread, but seriously, how can you call her a SIKH.

Most Sikhs nowadays are only Sikhs by name and probably don't even have any knowledge on Sikhi, or do anything that defines them as a Sikh.

It bothers me so much that being born into a Sikh family automatically makes you a Sikh, and then when something like this happens there's always someone who chooses to generalise.

What this woman did was wrong, and there's more of an issue here than religion in my opinion.

In the news when an Ethnic minority is mentioned their religion is also mentioned but when there's a story about a White person no-one mentions their religious belief, Why?!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Most Sikhs nowadays are only Sikhs by name and probably don't even have any knowledge on Sikhi, or do anything that defines them as a Sikh.

It bothers me so much that being born into a Sikh family automatically makes you a Sikh, and then when something like this happens there's always someone who chooses to generalise.

What this woman did was wrong, and there's more of an issue here than religion in my opinion.

In the news when an Ethnic minority is mentioned their religion is also mentioned but when there's a story about a White person no-one mentions their religious belief, Why?!

To be honest we have to accept people which were born in sikh families and do something wrong as part of sikh religion as all type of people do exist in Religion.Just imagine if this girl with same views has won olympic medal then everbody would have been praising her.many article's about her could have been published on various sikh sites.but now when she has done something terribly wrong we cannot simply discard her as she is not a part of sikhism.

Enlighten Me

SPNer
Dec 4, 2010
England
To be honest we have to accept people which were born in sikh families and do something wrong as part of sikh religion as all type of people do exist in Religion.Just imagine if this girl with same views has won olympic medal then everbody would have been praising her.many article's about her could have been published on various sikh sites.but now when she has done something terribly wrong we cannot simply discard her as she is not a part of sikhism.

Even in that case I'd disagree with labelling them as Sikh. Highlighting their ethnicity would make more sense to me then bringing religion into it.

I guess the way I see it is you're either 100% Sikh or not at all, no half hearted attempts at being part of a religion.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Even in that case I'd disagree with labelling them as Sikh. Highlighting their ethnicity would make more sense to me then bringing religion into it.

I guess the way I see it is you're either 100% Sikh or not at all, no half hearted attempts at being part of a religion.

But what ethnicity you will highlight? Punjabi ? but the fact is there much more pakistani Punjabi than Indian Punjabi's.Indians? then many may disagree to call themself as Indians

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Such horrendous crimes are not exclusive to Panjabi's or to women. Lust and jealousy belongs to both sexes. We cannot keep putting people into a box, rather look at individual circumstances to understand where things went wrong. In this case, the original article states the girl was not religious before she met the idiot who led her on so that is why the Sikh label is incorrect. Ethnicity is also irrelevant unless the actions are part of the culture. Here's an example to demonstrate my point:
A tragedy took place in Moscow today. An officer of the Russian navy attempted to kill the children of his common-law wife. He threw two eight-year-old twin sisters out of the window of his apartment on the eighth storey of an apartment building. Afterwards, the man sent a text message to his common-law wife: “You can say goodbye to Dasha and Katya.”

The tragedy took place at about 1 a.m. Several people saw what happened – they called the police immediately. The two girls – Katya and Dasha Lapuzins – fell on the ground from the height of 20 meters. They were seriously injured in the fall, but both of them stayed alive. The sisters, born in 2001, were hospitalized with numerous fractures and injuries of internal organs.

“We have no information to prove that the man committed the crime in a state of alcoholic intoxication. Eyewitnesses said that the man did not look like he was drunk,” the officer said.

The man, identified as Nikolai Zakharkin, aged 31, is a naval officer and a research associate at an institute of the defense ministry. The man met the girls’ mother several years ago. The couple was not officially married, but the man was living with the woman and her two children. The woman was not at home when the tragedy took place.
“Supposedly, the man committed the crime out of jealousy,” a law-enforcement officer said.

Investigators interrogated the naval officer the same night. The man was very rude and impudent in his behavior. There was no repentance in his testimony. The interrogation revealed the man had committed the crime out of jealousy. It all started with a family fight. Irina, the mother of the two girls, called Nikolai in the evening and told him that she was going to a store to buy a microwave oven. The man said that they should probably do it together, but the woman said that she would buy the oven alone. Most likely, the man suspected that there was something wrong about the woman’s intentions.

Nikolai went furious when Irina did not come home when it was already late at night. He tried to call her many times, but the woman did not answer any of the calls. Some time later he sent her a text message: “You can say goodbye to Katya.” The next message was sent a minute later: “And Dasha too. ”When Irina came home and asked the man what was going on, he said: “Go to the bedroom and you will see it yourself.” Irina rushed to the girls’ room and saw that the girls’ beds were empty and the door of the balcony was opened.

A friend of the perpetrator, who was also interrogated, said that Nikolai had always been jealous of Irina. A gorgeous blonde woman with hazel eyes always attracted men’s attention.

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/crimes/12-11-2009/110448-kids-0/

This isn't going to make me judge all Russian men or all naval officers as maniacs so why are all Sikh women being tarred with the same brush?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

I know what you are saying, but this is just Masala to sell newspapers.

Interestingly Sikhs, like Jews in the UK are recognised as a religious groups and an ethnic group.

PS - on a side note I hope this woman rots in jail for killing that woman and her unborn baby.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM