• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh Beadbi - Please Respond

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Re: Sikh Beadbi - Please response

Hello guys there is a big 'beadbi' going on with a sikh picutre.

' A sikh nihang singh is shown in toilet. He was misunderstand as Muslim.'

Islam - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
(Scroll Down Little bit on that page)

I have sent an email to admin but i wish if everyone just send an email to admin also

Thanks
stupidjassi
Can we get e-mail of said admin ?

Apr 4, 2007
Hello guys there is a big 'beadbi' going on with a sikh picutre.

' A sikh nihang singh is shown in toilet. He was misunderstand as Muslim.'

Islam - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
(Scroll Down Little bit on that page)

I have sent an email to admin but i wish if everyone just send an email to admin also

Thanks
stupidjassi

while the photo is an unfortunate case of mistaken identity... there's not much we can do. uncyclopedia is a satire site. they'll print anything that anyone posts (like wikipedia) and it's all supposed to be absurd. they'll most likely laugh at our well intentioned complaints.

that aside, i don't think it's correct to call this beadbi. as i understand it, sikhs don't attach any special significance to images, do we?

like i said, it's unfortunate, and i don't like it, but i don't think it's worth getting too worked up over. the kind of people who read and post there probably don't care how we feel. :)

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Re: Sikh Beadbi - Please response

Can we get e-mail of said admin ?
i dont have email of admin but you can do the 'talk' thing ,same as in wikipedia. one page of where people talk about this image is Image talk:Muhammad.jpg - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
you can also post the comments. but i dont know whether they care wht we say.

thanks
stupidjassi

I agree with Jasleen kaur Bhen Ji.
the more noise we amke..the more people will click...let it die a natural death.

Gyani jarnail Singh
yeah that`s easy but imagine if tomorrow they put guru` ji`s photo. then wont you make noise? :}--}: .

jasleen_kaur said:
sikhs don't attach any special significance to images, do we?
yes we don't but again can we ignore this kinda stuff around us????

bhul chuk maf
stupidjassi

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2007
Anyone who is a legal adult and feels like sueing them, here you go...

SALDEF.

SALDEF >> Legal Aid >> Assistance

suing them for what? what did they do that was illegal? if you can find the owner of the photograph you MIGHT get them for copyright infringement.

but it's a satire site. they're protected under free speech.

just like we can put pictures of indira gandhi in a toilet and no one can stop us, they can do the same with their mistakenly identified nihang.

sorry, but there's really nothing we can do.

better to worry about things we CAN fix.

i dont have email of admin but you can do the 'talk' thing ,same as in wikipedia. one page of where people talk about this image is Image talk:Muhammad.jpg - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
you can also post the comments. but i dont know whether they care wht we say.

they don't care what you say. they've made that clear several times on their site. it's a SATIRE site, protected under the 1st amendment of the US Constitution.

yeah that`s easy but imagine if tomorrow they put guru` ji`s photo. then wont you make noise? :}--}: .

sure, i'd tell them they're hurting the sentiments of sikhs, at which point they'd still probably laugh at us and we'd not be able to do anything.

it's just a picture! i'm sure i'll get flamed for this, but i don't hold any special significance to pictures. even Guru ji's picture. i believe it's akin to idol worship and it's simply against sikhi to care so much about an image.

if someone put an actual sikh in an actual toilet, i'd be ready to fight. :) but a photo? sorry.

yes we don't but again can we ignore this kinda stuff around us????

sometimes we HAVE to ignore it and focus on more important things.

Last edited:

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
I have to say I agree with Jasleen ji.

This is just a picture. It's sad that they confuse a Sikh with a Muslim, but other than that I don't find it insulting.

Let it go, don't let wasteless anger build up in you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM