• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India SGPC Fails To Convince Golden Temple Look-alike To Change Structure

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
AMRITSAR: Three years after construction of a Golden Temple look-alike — Gurdwara Mastuana — which raised a storm in the community, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has not been able to get structural changes made in the gurdwara, situated at Barnala—Sangrur road, despite strong recommendations made by an SGPC-constituted fact finding team in the year 2009.

Nearly three years back, Baba Baldev Singh Suharawala had replicated the design of Golden Temple at Mastuana gurdwara, known as Gurdwara Sach Khand, Angitha Sahib. The action had evoked sharp criticism from Sikh masses, including SGPC president and Akal Takht jathedar.

Following demands by the community for action against its management, the SGPC had constituted a three-member fact finding committee headed by general secretary of SGPC, Sukhdev Singh Bhaur. The committee, after visiting the gurdwara, had recommended massive structural changes in the building, including filling of pond with earth, demolishing of har ki pauri and the domes and doing away with the causeway, etc.

Even Akal Takht jathedar, Giani Gurbachan Singh, had stated that management of Mastuna gurdwara had taken a temerarious step of making a replica of Golden Temple and had severely hurt Sikhs’ religious sentiments. However, even after three years, the gurdwara structure remains untouched.

Baldev Singh Sirsa, special secretary of SAD (Panch Pardhani) alleged that SGPC has not forced the gurdwara management to make any changes in Mastuana gurdwara because a senior Akali leader allegedly happens to be the chairman of the trust of the gurdwara, ”who has control over gurdwara’s income.”

On Monday, when reminded about the gurdwara structure, the Akal Takht jathedar insisted that changes would have to be made according to SGPC directions. ”It does not matter whether any Akali leader is calling the shots there. The structure has to be changed and we will ensure that,” he said.
SGPC secretary Dalmegh Singh admitted that no change had been made in the structure of gurdwara. “We had constituted a team whose report is with us and we will implement the committee’s recommendations,” he said.
Bhaur said that after submitting their report, the committee had not received further information with regard to implementation of their recommendations.
Meanwhile, Sirsa said SAD (Panch Pardhani) would launch an agitation if SGPC didn’t make changes in the gurdwara structure.

http://www.indian4ever.com/2011/07/...golden-temple-look-alike-to-change-structure/

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
half hearted attempts aimed at cheating the sikhs are the hall mark of the sgpc...sikhs are fools if they expect action form sgpc or the takhats.....better beg the RSS in PUNE..it may just work !!Ha Ha or maybe NOT becasue after all the RSS Branch in Amrtisar is called the SGPC !!

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
SGPC has not forced the gurdwara management to make any changes in Mastuana gurdwara because a senior Akali leader allegedly happens to be the chairman of the trust of the gurdwara, ”who has control over gurdwara’s income.”

This is not good for Panth. SGPC not taking action and Akal Takht losing authority in eyes of people. There is lot of Factionalism which is taking our spirits down. I was watching that Guru Nanak animation the other day. The part where there were Hindus and Muslims fighting among themselves on how to do last rites of Guru, they fail to see Guru Angad standing behind them with Jot of Guru Nanak.

Kaljug is not gone and I guess times will go worse. Guru Granth Sahib is our only support. Something which was echoed when I saw Book of Eli movie. Khalsa would still walk the earth, no matter how bad the numbers dwindle.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
This is not good for Panth. SGPC not taking action and Akal Takht losing authority in eyes of people. There is lot of Factionalism which is taking our spirits down. I was watching that Guru Nanak animation the other day. The part where there were Hindus and Muslims fighting among themselves on how to do last rites of Guru, they fail to see Guru Angad standing behind them with Jot of Guru Nanak.

Kaljug is not gone and I guess times will go worse. Guru Granth Sahib is our only support. Something which was echoed when I saw Book of Eli movie. Khalsa would still walk the earth, no matter how bad the numbers dwindle.
Kanwaljit Singh ji don't worry. There will be a warrior, an enlightened spirit, a great leader that will come around and fix a few things.

Sometimes things have to get really bad before they get better.

Sikhism is beyond your and mine life times and I pray it will survive.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM