• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sehajdharis Seek Separate SGPC If Voting Right Denied

Do You Think the Idea of a Separate SGPC for Sehajdhari Sikhs Practical? Please share your views.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Sat Sri Akal ji.

Your comments are 100% right.

These priests and illiterate old minded people are ignoring the essence of Sikhism and fundamental teaching,preaching by Guru Nanak dev Ji that we all come from one light and there is no body is bad or good because of thier origin or cast.

Definition of SIKH IS very simple and understood by all in India and abroad:

ANY ONE WHO HAS A FAITH IN"GURU GRANTH SAHIB" JI AND PRACTICES THE GURUBANI ,ARE CALLED SIKHS REGARDLESS OF ANY ORIGIN AND CAST SYSTEM,GENDERS OR COLORS.

ALL FOLL0WERS OF GURU NANAK DEV JI 'S TEACHING ,PRECHING AND HAVE FAITH IN FINAL GURU "GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI" ARE CALLED SIKHS.

TO ALL OF US AND WORLD AT LARGE ,IT WAS REVEALED BY GUR GOBINDH SINGH JI TO HAVE FAITH IN GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI AS A LAST GURU FOR ALL BELIEVING SIKHS BY GURU GOBINDH SINGH JI MAHARAJ

"GURU GRANTH JI MANIO .PARGAT GURAN KI DHE"

SIKHISM IS FOR UNIVERSAL WORLD AND EVERY ONE CAN BECOME A SIKH WHO FOLLOWS GURU JI PHILOSOPHY TO ACHIEVE REALIZATIONS OF THE TRUTH AND AKAL PURKH HIMSELF.

THIS PHILOSOPHY WAS NOT INITIATED BY GURU NANAK DEV JI LIMITING TO ONLY PUNJABI BUT WORLD AT LARGE.

THE ONLY FAITH EXISTING IN THE WORLD WHICH RECOGNIZES THE HUMANITY RIGHT TO LIVE FREE IN THIS WORLD.

THE REST OF THE LEADERS OR ANY ONE WILL FURTHER US REDUCE TO MINUSCULE AND DIVIDE US FURTHER.

JASPI

:khanda3:The SGPC and other such other Sikh Organisations are proving to be the worst enemy of their own They are doing a great a dis-service to the most modern and rational religion of the world.Tsk.tsk.Going to the courts to defne who is a Sikh.What a great idea.What next?
And lo, the Hindus are so happy to see the Sikhs redused to such a minuscule minority:disgustedmunda:.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
a famous inger..POOJA who tried to .."make Hay whiel the Vienna sun shone"..by singing the Song..Begampura vassaonna hai..NAVAN PANTH Challoanna hai....had to eat HUMBLE PIE and BEG FORGIVENESS from the Audiences in Canada...becasue what she "thought"...( as many others too) was that the Vienna incident..and the resulting backlash of .."separate Gurdawras for ravidassis..Ravidassih REMOVING SGGS form their Gurdwaras and renaming them mandirs..BLAH BLAH BLAH..all turned out to be just one big CHHOCHHA !! a BUBBLE that only one small INSIGNIFICANT DERA of ravidassihs was involved..and it was taking the entire Ravidassih community for a RIDE !!
That New Album was her idea of Marshalling the New Found ravidassi Forces..and Begin the NEW PANTH !! What FOOLS...what took TEN GURUS SAHIBS...239 YEARS..and Personal SACRIFICES to begin the Guru Khalsa Panth..and these fools thought a SONG can begin a NEW PANTH !! REALITY HIT them square in the face..MOST ravidassihs REJECTED the new "power Play..as dera ballan politics...and majority stayed solidly with SGGS as their GURU as always...and NOW miss POOJa foudn out that in Canada..the MONEY is all coming form the "Old Panth of KHals Ji"..and no tickets will be bought by her "new Panth"....so she had to APOLOGISE PUBLICLY for her stupidity..and give lame excuses like..i "respect" all religions...blah blah..i sing all dharamik songs of everybody..blah blah blah..but IF i have hurt nayoens sentiments..I APOLOGISE..PLEASE attend MY CONCERTS !!! so there you ahve it..all a huge BUBBLE..BURST !!
The so called Sehajdharee federation Blah blah blah si another simialr BUBBLE..for the SGPC elections...after the elections are over..these people will go back to their holes..:happysingh::seriousmunda::angrykudi::thumbsupp:

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
LOL That is pretty sarcastic, but I could not help laughing. You are funny! And i still disagree with you.

If you claim that Sikhi is a race, you are guilty only of an error of fact. It is a ridiculous claim as far as I am concerned. Most Sikhs are from Punjabi origins. Therefore they are Indo European and "white" as opposed to "oriental" or "african/black" etc. A growing number of Sikhs do not even share the Punjabi gene pool. So both sides are ignoring facts. But that does not add up to discrimination or to racism, only to wishful thinking.

The so-called Sikh based discrimination comes about as the result of reservations and set-asides in India. Sikhs look for ways to off-set the restrictions and limitations imposed on them by law. That is not discrimination, that is called looking after your young. The fault lies with proportional representation in a constitutional democracy. That is political argument not a race-based argument.

Well, I am not the one who claimed Sikhi as a race on the census form. If anybody is guilty, it's Sikh who are guilty of wrongdoing...

But it does shows that Sikhs get so desperate while trying to prove that they are separate that they wouldn't even hesitate from calling religion a race...

Obviously, in America, any social group can be declared as a race and Sikhs decided to declare Sikhi as their race.

As far as racism based on reservation goes, someone who is anti-discrimination will fight against discrimination, not go along with it. Sikhs by being part of discrimination are equally responsible for discrimination (now racism as Sikhi has been declared as a race) as anybody else responsible for discriminating.

A theft doesn't become the right thing to do just because others do it too.

By committing discrimination/racism, Sikhs are part of the problem, not part of the solution. Since no discrimination is the only way to make this world a better place for the entire human race, Sikhs are making their contribution in making this world a worse place to live...

Last edited:

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
What I am saying is that there different methods which people adopt to get close to god.As You said that spirituality is one that brings a person closer to god.so even spirituality give birth to differences and divide people..One person may not agree with other person version of spirituality

People can not adopt a way to get closer to God on their own, although people have attempted by following but failed terribly. They failed so terribly that religion today has become more of a social group, race or terrorist group but not something that will lead you to God.

Spirituality does not give birth to division. creation of religion gives birth to division.

Here is an example: When Kabir Sahib, "Ek noor te sabh jagg upajiya kaun bhalay kau manday", he didn't divide human race by making this statement. But Sikhs decided to include this statement in their granth and that's what created the division.

Kabir Sahib wasn't lying when he made this statement. Knowing that Lord is perfect, it couldn't happen in any other way.

Spirituality is positive change in people's belief system. It's not a belief system in itself but it's positive change in belief system. Something that brings people closer to The Almighty Lord is the only thing that can be considered positive.

Now, just at majority of the kids born in America for example. With time, racism is disapearing. Kids don't even care wheather someone is White, Black or Brown and they don't even care about their friends' religion. They make friends without worrying about their race and religion. Now this is what spirituality is. This is what Manas ki jaat sabhe eko pahchanvo means. But religion on the other takes people in the opposite direction by practicing discrimination.

That's why a religion is lying if it claims that it brought spirituality into its folds. Religion actually goes against spirituality...

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Why reservation? if you are not competent then bania and others get in. We are living in past? Today you need to ask your children to study and get ahead. reservation currently is based on length of hairs.
What if some person keeps hair for 6 years ... just to get a seat.In today's competitive market, it is possible.
Why do not we have reservation in Canada... except for very very special cases.
Such rich sikhs need a reservation? Very fact that manipulation is possible is indicative of wrong theory.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
PCJ ji,

Guru Fateh.

You make some interesting points. Please share more about yourself with us as this is an interfaith forum.

What's your religion, faith, way of life?

Where do you derive your value system from?

Why don't you talk about other religions in the forum as you do about Sikhi?

You use the word Lord a lot in your posts. What kind of Lord are you referring to?

The reason for my asking these questions is so I can understand where you are coming from and what kind of preconceived biases do you hold in your own value system, so that we can interact in a more objective manner.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Spirituality does not give birth to division. creation of religion gives birth to division.

Here is an example: When Kabir Sahib, "Ek noor te sabh jagg upajiya kaun bhalay kau manday", he didn't divide human race by making this statement. But Sikhs decided to include this statement in their granth and that's what created the division.

Kabir Sahib wasn't lying when he made this statement. Knowing that Lord is perfect, it couldn't happen in any other way.

How could you say that spirituality does not give birth to division? Do you think there is one standarised version of spirituality? Many people adopted different ways of spirituality
Please have a look at what same kabir ji said about women
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
In common with all monastic, ascetic or otherworldly sects, Kabir does not think well of women. Ihere is almost a tirade against them in the hymns of Kabir. Woman is characterised as "a black cobra', thc pit of hell and the refuse of the world." She is considered to be a hurdle in the path of thc spiritual progress of man. He spoke, "woman ruins everything when she comes near a man; Devotion, salvation and divine knowledge no longer enter his soul." His views, about woman are also evident from all his vehement attacks against maya. Almost everywhere he links maya to a woman who is out to entice and entrap man, and destroy his spiritual lifc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the same Kabir ji made anti women statements and many spiritual Hindu saints held this view.

The fact is there is no one standard version of spirituality in the world .To be spiritual many spiritual people had said and done some weird things.

Now, just at majority of the kids born in America for example. With time, racism is disapearing. Kids don't even care wheather someone is White, Black or Brown and they don't even care about their friends' religion. They make friends without worrying about their race and religion. Now this is what spirituality is. This is what Manas ki jaat sabhe eko pahchanvo means. But religion on the other takes people in the opposite direction by practicing discrimination.

Yeah and this is why we hear turbaned sikhs getting attacked in USA even though their population is very small in USA.Americans are really tolerant.I am sorry to say that your views are based totaly on your personal experiances of life

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Why reservation? if you are not competent then bania and others get in. We are living in past? Today you need to ask your children to study and get ahead. reservation currently is based on length of hairs.
What if some person keeps hair for 6 years ... just to get a seat.In today's competitive market, it is possible.
Why do not we have reservation in Canada... except for very very special cases.
Such rich sikhs need a reservation? Very fact that manipulation is possible is indicative of wrong theory.

Gyani ji has already answered this question .Reservation are part and parcel of Indian government and sikhs have to live with it.Its better If sikhs living outside India should leave this to Indian sikhs.You people are living in world's most advanced countries while sikhs in India are living in One of most backward country of world.One cannot compare conditions of USA,canada with India

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
PCJ ji,

Guru Fateh.

You make some interesting points. Please share more about yourself with us as this is an interfaith forum.

What's your religion, faith, way of life?

You use the word Lord a lot in your posts. What kind of Lord are you referring to?

The reason for my asking these questions is so I can understand where you are coming from and what kind of preconceived biases do you hold in your own value system, so that we can interact in a more objective manner.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Basically I was born in a Sikh family and kept my hair until I was 19.

But I quit considering myself a Sikh once I found out that I realized that Sikhi was not what I believed it to be....

Why Lord? Because I believe terms like God, Allah, Waheguru or Bhagwan are simply based those people's perception of The Almighty Lord - The Creator. We start setting limits one Lord when we start using terms that are based on someone else's perception.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
PCJ ji

You life in the US, and so do I. How can we be looking at the same information and coming up with different conclusions? My comments and questions inline and in blue.

Well, I am not the one who claimed Sikhi as a race on the census form. If anybody is guilty, it's Sikh who are guilty of wrongdoing...

So far there is nothing on the census form that declares Sikhs a race. I just filled one out a few weeks ago. Nothing.

"Sikhs" have not claimed Sikhs are a race...some Sikhs have asked the US Census Bureau to create a new racial category.

So what are you talking about? What wrongdoing are Sikhs guilty of? Is asking the government to make a change on the census form a wrongdoing? In my world, that is a question put to the government for redress of issues which is a perfectly fine thing to do in a democratic society.

But it does shows that Sikhs get so desperate while trying to prove that they are separate that they wouldn't even hesitate from calling religion a race...

Where do you get the idea of "desperate?" It is a democratic process. When any group of citizens petitions the government they are using the democratic process to make a change. How is that the act of desperate people?

Obviously, in America, any social group can be declared as a race and Sikhs decided to declare Sikhi as their race.

So far no one has declared Sikhs a race. A number of different groups within American Sikhi have started a discussion about it. It is a discussion that will go on for a few more years. When a decision is made, it will be made based on debate in a democratic society. Sikhs cannot just declare they are a race, and so far it hasn't happened either.

As far as racism based on reservation goes, someone who is anti-discrimination will fight against discrimination, not go along with it.

I already explained that in the US there are almost no examples of "reservations" such as are constitutional under Indian laws. So comparisons with India don't work. The only thing one can say is that there are 2 different constitutions resulting in different ways to address minority needs. Fighting against discrimination is a good thing to do. So if something in government leads to unjust treatment of an individual or a group, then you have to do what is required within the law. Every democracy has a way to PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES, and let the democratic process proceed.

Sikhs by being part of discrimination are equally responsible for discrimination (now racism as Sikhi has been declared as a race) as anybody else responsible for discriminating.

So if Sikhs are working within the framework of the constitution and the law, how are they discriminating. I don't understand how you get to this idea that Sikhs are discriminating. Against whom? Please clarify.

A theft doesn't become the right thing to do just because others do it too.

What theft?

If a group sets up a school and has a charter and everything is going according to the law, then who is stealing?

By committing discrimination/racism, Sikhs are part of the problem, not part of the solution. Since no discrimination is the only way to make this world a better place for the entire human race, Sikhs are making their contribution in making this world a worse place to live...

As above -- you have some kind of fixation about "Sikhs" being discriminators. You are turning an entire panth into a band of discriminators and racists. Some Sikhs discriminate as individuals. There are Sikhs who won't eat or associate with other Sikhs who eat meat. Won't associate with them because they say it is part of their religion. Yet, both are Sikhs.

And, sometimes discrimination might be a good thing. Is child marriage OK? Should we discriminate when we hear about it? Some religious groups in the US believe that it is OK to marry little girls of 8 or 9 to old men who get them pregnant by the time they are 10 years old as part of their religious beliefs. Are they being discriminated against when citizens complain and law enforcement raids their churches and homes and takes their children away from them? That happens in the US too.

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
PCJ ji

You life in the US, and so do I. How can we be looking at the same information and coming up with different conclusions? My comments and questions inline and in blue.

So far there is nothing on the census form that declares Sikhs a race. I just filled one out a few weeks ago. Nothing.

"Sikhs" have not claimed Sikhs are a race...some Sikhs have asked the US Census Bureau to create a new racial category.
Apparently, census gives people a freedom to declare any of the social and/or religious groups as a race. That's the reason why Sikhs were able to declare Sikhi as race.

It's right here: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/community-out-reach/29566-us-census-2010-sikhs-don-t.html

It says, fill in "Some other race" as "Sikh". Obviously, people can pick anything as their race.

So what are you talking about? What wrongdoing are Sikhs guilty of? Is asking the government to make a change on the census form a wrongdoing? In my world, that is a question put to the government for redress of issues which is a perfectly fine thing to do in a democratic society.

You are the one who said I was guilty. I am not guilty of anything at all as I was not the one who declared Sikhi as a race. If you were referring to someone as guilty of declaring Sikhism as a race, then you were actually talking Sikhs, not me.

Where do you get the idea of "desperate?" It is a democratic process. When any group of citizens petitions the government they are using the democratic process to make a change. How is that the act of desperate people?

They obviously are desperate to be considered separate that they are even ready to classify their religion as a race. Only someone desperate would this.

So far no one has declared Sikhs a race. A number of different groups within American Sikhi have started a discussion about it. It is a discussion that will go on for a few more years. When a decision is made, it will be made based on debate in a democratic society. Sikhs cannot just declare they are a race, and so far it hasn't happened either.

Obviously, you don't need special permission to declare any group as a race. All you really need to do is fill it in the census form.

I already explained that in the US there are almost no examples of "reservations" such as are constitutional under Indian laws. So comparisons with India don't work. The only thing one can say is that there are 2 different constitutions resulting in different ways to address minority needs. Fighting against discrimination is a good thing to do. So if something in government leads to unjust treatment of an individual or a group, then you have to do what is required within the law. Every democracy has a way to PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES, and let the democratic process proceed.
So if Sikhs are working within the framework of the constitution and the law, how are they discriminating. I don't understand how you get to this idea that Sikhs are discriminating. Against whom? Please clarify.

It really doesn't matter whether or not you are within constitution, if you discriminate, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

What theft?

If a group sets up a school and has a charter and everything is going according to the law, then who is stealing?

I was simply giving you an example that nothing becomes the right thing to do just because others are doing it...

In Sikhs' case, it's misusing the Jharaava that comes from all people, including monas and yet you use the same money to discriminate against monas. That's why it's really unethical...

As above -- you have some kind of fixation about "Sikhs" being discriminators. You are turning an entire panth into a band of discriminators and racists. Some Sikhs discriminate as individuals. There are Sikhs who won't eat or associate with other Sikhs who eat meat. Won't associate with them because they say it is part of their religion. Yet, both are Sikhs.
So far, I have not found any Sikh who is against this discrimination. The day I find someone, I will mention that not all Sikhs support this kind of discrimination.

And, sometimes discrimination might be a good thing. Is child marriage OK? Should we discriminate when we hear about it? Some religious groups in the US believe that it is OK to marry little girls of 8 or 9 to old men who get them pregnant by the time they are 10 years old as part of their religious beliefs. Are they being discriminated against when citizens complain and law enforcement raids their churches and homes and takes their children away from them? That happens in the US too.

Irrelavant...

Last edited:

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
How could you say that spirituality does not give birth to division? Do you think there is one standarised version of spirituality? Many people adopted different ways of spirituality
Please have a look at what same kabir ji said about women
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
In common with all monastic, ascetic or otherworldly sects, Kabir does not think well of women. Ihere is almost a tirade against them in the hymns of Kabir. Woman is characterised as "a black cobra', thc pit of hell and the refuse of the world." She is considered to be a hurdle in the path of thc spiritual progress of man. He spoke, "woman ruins everything when she comes near a man; Devotion, salvation and divine knowledge no longer enter his soul." His views, about woman are also evident from all his vehement attacks against maya. Almost everywhere he links maya to a woman who is out to entice and entrap man, and destroy his spiritual lifc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the same Kabir ji made anti women statements and many spiritual Hindu saints held this view.

The fact is there is no one standard version of spirituality in the world .To be spiritual many spiritual people had said and done some weird things.

Yeah and this is why we hear turbaned sikhs getting attacked in USA even though their population is very small in USA.Americans are really tolerant.I am sorry to say that your views are based totaly on your personal experiances of life

Yes there is only one standardized spirituality, the only thing that helps people get closer to Lord. All other beliefs are false and have nothing to do with spirituality.

If some drunkard killed a Sikh, it doesn't make the whole nation racist. Most people are not racist, with exception of some supremists. But in general, a mona for example is less likely to be discriminated against by an American than by a Sikh.

The reservation system in schools make it evident...

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
Exactly what you describe has happened..and will happen. In Malaysi we have a Sikh Education Fund..to help sikh students enter universities..and one of the requirements was keshadharee etc..etc....

Let me put on the spot here. There is nothing wrong with this because an honest person is never afraid of being put on the spot.

When you collect money in Gurdwaras, you don't care whether it comes Kesadharis or Monas or even non-Sikhs.

Do you think it's ethical for you to make being kesadhari a requirement when in reality you actually collect money from all kinds of people?

If these people in Gurdwaras were ethical, they would refuse to take the money from monas as they use this money to discriminate against them...

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Yes there is only one standardized spirituality, the only thing that helps people get closer to Lord. All other beliefs are false and have nothing to do with spirituality.

You mean your version of spirituality Right.so far you have not answered my question about spirituality that why people adopt different methods to get closer to god.I am assuming you believe that kabir ji was spiritually wise then why he wrote statement against women?

f some drunkard killed a Sikh, it doesn't make the whole nation racist. Most people are not racist, with exception of some supremists. But in general, a mona for example is less likely to be discriminated against by an American than by a Sikh.

The reservation system in schools make is evident...

Oh come these statements are only based on your personal experiance.80-90% American canadian sikhs are mona's Yet they proudly call themselves sikhs .Many mona's later on in life become keshdhari.If Mona's are discriminated so much by sikhs then why they call themselves part of sikh community?

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
You mean your version of spirituality Right.so far you have not answered my question about spirituality that why people adopt different methods to get closer to god.I am assuming you believe that kabir ji was spiritually wise then why he wrote statement against women?

My version might very well be :)

I don't know what Kabir Sahib wrote about women, nor am I going to assume what he said as people often take things out of context. But it doesn't matter. Even if he wrote something bad about women, it doesn't mean nothing he wrote was right. If he wrote something bad about women, all this means he might not be worthy of being a true guru.

People can adopt all the different path thinking that different paths will lead them Lord. But just because people choose different paths thinking that these paths will lead them to The Lord, it does not mean their path is the true path to lead them to The Lord. There is only one path (spirituality) that will take someone closer to Lord. There is nothing people can do to learn spirituality. In fact, those who attempt actually don't learn it. The only way to learn spirituality is when it comes naturally, provided people don't mess it up by following wrong paths.

Oh come these statements are only based on your personal experiance.80-90% American canadian sikhs are mona's Yet they proudly call themselves sikhs .Many mona's later on in life become keshdhari.If Mona's are discriminated so much by sikhs then why they call themselves part of sikh community?

Many monas are gullible. They think that putting a turban on, people have become better than them. Then there are monas who know that putting turban on their heads doesn't make people better than monas but they still believe in religion and that's why they call themselves Sikhs.

But reservation in Sikh colleges for Amritdharis and so-called Sehajdharis clearly shows that monas are being discriminated against in Sikh colleges. You have been supporting all this and yet you question the same thing. I have also come across some of the Sikhs who believed in hiring Sikhs only.

So the fact is that a Sikh is less likely to be discriminated against than a Sikh discriminating against others, including monas...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Let me put on the spot here. There is nothing wrong with this because an honest person is never afraid of being put on the spot.

When you collect money in Gurdwaras, you don't care whether it comes Kesadharis or Monas or even non-Sikhs.

Do you think it's ethical for you to make being kesadhari a requirement when in reality you actually collect money from all kinds of people?

If these people in Gurdwaras were ethical, they would refuse to take the money from monas as they use this money to discriminate against them...

I GET your POINT loud and clear....But these people are not that guilty..you see part of the Goluck feeds everybody irrespective of mona..ghona..roda..muslim..isaii..hindu..etc etc..so imho your assertion is partly right.

Anyway the Sikh Education Fund locally is NOT "Goluck" funded.(beside the point)

But Bottom Line is I agree wholeheartedly with you...a SIKH is for the SERVICE OF ALL !! any Sikh who disctriminates in any way..is not serving his SIKHI/GURU..well. BHAI GHANIYAH ji PROVED this point and got the Blessings and shbash of Guru Ji.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Basically I was born in a Sikh family and kept my hair until I was 19.

But I quit considering myself a Sikh once I found out that I realized that Sikhi was not what I believed it to be....

Why Lord? Because I believe terms like God, Allah, Waheguru or Bhagwan are simply based those people's perception of The Almighty Lord - The Creator. We start setting limits one Lord when we start using terms that are based on someone else's perception.

PCJ,

Guru fateh.

Thanks for the partial response. I have no idea why some of the questions were not responded. Allow me to ask you those again and add some more.

Are you against Sikhi per se or the Sikhs who do not seem to practice it the way it is prescribed in the SGGS, our only Guru?

Or are you just against both? Your posts seem to indicate that.

Can you explain the reasons about this disdain?

How much Gurbani have you studied and your thoughts about it if you have?

Do you know that Lord is used in Christianity and Judaism and one can also buy the title Lord for a few Pounds in the UK?

So, this is the reason I quite did not get it with your explanation in your post and one wonders why Ik Ong Kaar is missing! Can you shed some light on it?

What's your faith, religion now?

What is your own mission in this life no matter what religion or faith you belong to and what do you do in your life daily to accomplish that?

Regards

Tejwant Singh

PCJ

Mar 26, 2008
Fremont, California
Although it shouldn't matter, here it is:

PCJ,

Guru fateh.

Thanks for the partial response. I have no idea why some of the questions were not responded. Allow me to ask you those again and add some more.

Where do you derive your value system from? - Since I was born in a Sikh family, obviously the base comes from part of Sikhi. But as I learned more about Sikhi, I realized that it contradicted the values I had learned from Sikhi itself. Equality of all mankind is one of those values. Sikhs always claimed that Sikhi believed in equality of all mankind. But more recently, I discovered that Sikhi has nothing to do with the way I perceive equality of all mankind.

Why don't you talk about other religions in the forum as you do about Sikhi? - This is a Sikh site. I have been to a Muslim site where I talked about Muslims. But they hardly ever discus topics like this one, which obviously go against humanity.

Are you against Sikhi per se or the Sikhs who do not seem to practice it the way it is prescribed in the SGGS, our only Guru? - Neither, I am simply against anti-humanity behvaiour.

Or are you just against both? Your posts seem to indicate that. - N/A

Can you explain the reasons about this disdain? - N/A

How much Gurbani have you studied and your thoughts about it if you have? - Not much but enough to determine that I am not a Sikh.

Do you know that Lord is used in Christianity and Judaism and one can also buy the title Lord for a few Pounds in the UK? - To me, Lord is the most appropriate term as I described in my previous. Lord refers to the highest authority. Other names were used by the people as per their own perception. Once people start using their own perception to come up with names for The Lord, they start imposing limitation on Him. For example, if we call Him God, all this means is that Lord can not be beyond the perception of the person who came up with the word God. But Lord has no limit. Therefore, it isn't the right thing to do refer to Him using any of the names people came up with.

So, this is the reason I quite did not get it with your explanation in your post and one wonders why Ik Ong Kaar is missing! Can you shed some light on it? - I don't consider myself a Sikh anymore. Therefore, no Ek Onkar.

What's your faith, religion now? - Since I don't agree with any of the religions I looked into, I really don't have choice but to have faith in The Almighty Lord.

What is your own mission in this life no matter what religion or faith you belong to and what do you do in your life daily to accomplish that? - Learn as much Truth as possible. Truth refers to The Law established by Lord - physical and spiritual.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Pcj ji,

Guru Fateh.

-
- Since I was born in a Sikh family, obviously the base comes from part of Sikhi. But as I learned more about Sikhi, I realized that it contradicted the values I had learned from Sikhi itself. Equality of all mankind is one of those values. Sikhs always claimed that Sikhi believed in equality of all mankind. But more recently, I discovered that Sikhi has nothing to do with the way I perceive equality of all mankind..
Can you elaborate this with the examples from SGGS, our only Guru. Unfortunately what you are saying makes no sense but a simple ranting laced with disdain. You have to back up your thoughts in your posts with references.

- Neither, I am simply against anti-humanity behvaiour.
Once again, you need references to prove your point. What was anti human about the sacrifices of our 5th and 9th Gurus?

- Not much but enough to determine that I am not a Sikh.
A Sikh means a student, a learner, a seeker. So, do you claim you are none of that which contradicts your last statement at the end of the post. Why this self contradiction?

- To me, Lord is the most appropriate term as I described in my previous. Lord refers to the highest authority. Other names were used by the people as per their own perception. Once people start using their own perception to come up with names for The Lord, they start imposing limitation on Him. For example, if we call Him God, all this means is that Lord can not be beyond the perception of the person who came up with the word God. But Lord has no limit. Therefore, it isn't the right thing to do refer to Him using any of the names people came up with.
Please define Lord according to your own value system.

- I don't consider myself a Sikh anymore. Therefore, no Ek Onkar.
Ik Ong Kaar means, One Source of All there is, which is Creative Energy. Do you believe in the Energy that is the Source of All or not?

- Since I don't agree with any of the religions I looked into, I really don't have choice but to have faith in The Almighty Lord.
This again is a self contradictory statement. Please define The Almighty Lord and his/her attributes.

- Learn as much Truth as possible.
That's what the word Sikh means. So why this self contradiction?

Truth refers to The Law established by Lord - physical and spiritual.

Who is this Lord that has established The Law?
What are his/her doctrines?
Is this Lord of yours a personified deity?

Thanks for indulging me in this learning process.

Tejwant Singh

Jul 8, 2009
No in any case only sampooran sikhs shoild have the Voting right.Sikh is only sikh there is no any term sahajdhari sikh degined by Dashmesh Guru.the pesoon who can not maintain Sikhi can not be called the sikh and should not having voting right

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM