• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england
Gyani ji
one other thing when does one get out of kindergarten and graduate, as graduation implies you are fully knowledgable about a subject and only need to gain practical experience, what is practical Gurbani, I thought is was the demonstrating of whats written in the SGGS, yet some of your posts on this subject seem to lack the equality aspect and the humility all are better aspect of the SGGS, May be you have graduated to quickly or maybe you have forgottenthe basic's, come back to kindergarten all are welcome and we can learn together.
Tony

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Tony Ji..
I havent graduated at all..in fact although i began to "practise" gurmatt at a very early age..( being born in a tenth generation Staunch Sikh/Amrtidharee family)..and practised LIVING GURBANI from school going age..I only deemed myslef fit to be admitted to KHALSA at age 55+..a little over 5 years ago...so as an Amrtidharee I am only 5..while as an Akhand Pathee/Gurbani Teacher/religious instructor/Punjabi language teacher etc i am more than 35 years experience...so as a 5 year old i am still in kindergarten.
I MADE the Conscious decision to take Khandey batte dee Pahul..after having read and vichareed the SGGS for more than 35 years...under very able teachers, my parents, and having studied for the Gyani Course at Punajb Uni Chandigarh in the early 1970s..so YES I ahve travelled along this road for a long time...and am still travelling...you a re welcome to be my fellow traveller...from Kindergarten to University Grad is a FAR OFF process...i have just begun my journey...

tony

SPNer
Feb 20, 2006
nottingham england
Thank you Gyani ji it would be my pleasure in joining you. Must remind you though I'm some thirty odd yrs behind you in experience and still struggling to learn panjabi, I have no able teachers just the SGGS as my guide, please be patient and I might just make it out of kindergarten.
Tony

prabhsmart

SPNer
Jan 22, 2009
Mumbai
There r people who simply don't want to follow sikh way of life, they cut of there hairs, drink, eat meat and smoke and get involved in all the stuff they should not, but don't want to leave the "Sikh" tag. so started calling themselfs as Sehajdari Sikhs. they r fools dweelling over flesh and lust. They r equally responsible for the current situation that we see of youths in punjabi as we all ur.

Sehajdari Sikh is not a sikh, as a rat cannot be the lion of a jungle.

Let's be cautious with our use of language. Thank you, Narayanjot Kaur

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Narayanjot ji,

Yes! Which one!? And which rehat for that matter?

This thread is 4 1/2 years old. But no solution of who can be credible SGPC voter has emerged. To my knowledge Sikhism is the only religion that chooses its representatives to manage its places of worship in a democratic manner by direct voting. Whatever may be merits or demerits, only a Sabat Surat Sikh can credibly be identified as an eligible Sikh voter. If anyone else has to be permitted to vote what then can be his verifiable credentials? Sikh religion cannot be determined by parentage. So birth certificate and School records are out. Then what else remains?

As is well known in another case involving admission to reserved seats for Sikhs in Sikh educational instituitions the Punjab and Haryana High Court recently ruled that only Sabat Surat Sikhs can be considered as Sikhs for this purpose. It even debarred girls who plucked their eyebrows!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM