• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Scientific Vision Of Guru Nanak Dev In Guru Granth Sahib

Aug 28, 2010
Scientific Vision of GURU NANAK DEV JI in SGGS JI

While going thru the essay on this subject I get an interesting point for consideration.Here at the start it is being told that GURU is telling that :\"GOD Created the Universe" and this has reference of a quote from JAPu Ji as KIT PASAAO EKO KAWAAO.
An important point here is that in Gurbaani the use of the word GOD is our own assu,ption.Nowhere Gurbaani mentions like this.This way we are introduing a word which is not a word from Gurbaani Vocabulary.As such Gurbaani is perfect in all respects.Does it requires the use of any extra word to explain ?

This needs introspection to know what is actually the message of Gurbaani regarding CREATOR of the UNIVERSE.

Prakash.S.Bagga

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Doesn't the writer have to adapt to the fact that most people reading the article would not know and therefore need a prop from the English language to get them on their way to the next step? For that matter it is ikonkaar Kartar Purakh "who" is Creator. One could then say that "who" is not correct because the Creator is also Ajooni. Then one could add that Ajooni is both nirgun and sargun. By this time we have already lost sight of the main idea or thesis of the writer.

How would a writer get through an article, or express his/her thoughts, in an article of reasonable length if each and every reference had to be shaved to a fine edge. We make allowances for differences in language. Otherwise it is impossible to communicate.

Aug 28, 2010
SPNADMIN Ji,
Divine Greetings,

I wish all SPNs and other members of the Forum A VERY VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR .

I fuuly agree with your point of view that some allowances in language are required to have better communuication.But the small allownces should not change the CORE CONCEPT of Gurbaani otherwise there is lateral shift in the Focus point being reffered.
I think you would be getting my point.
This problem is existing in INDIA as well.So we must be careful in making the allownces .

With best wishes

Prakash.s.Bagga

Sep 8, 2010
Los Angeles
I like the way the article delves into how GGSJ has knowledge about cosmology and evolution.

There is obviously no doubt that our Gurus had the gift of divine knowledge or at least the access to the source of such knowledge. And Guru Granth Sahib Ji certainly contains level of knowledge that is much beyond even our times.

The only thing I find a little hard to explain is that why they couldn’t have included some advice about some really basic cures which could have greatly helped their followers. For example a medicine as basic as Penicillin, if discovered at the time of Guru Nanak Dev ji could have easily saved millions of lives by now. Humankind had to wait till Alexander Fleming discovered it in 1928. Same goes for vaccination. Think of all the children who died because of smallpox including our Guru Har Kishan.

The only reason I can think of is that our Gurus as well as the Divine creator wanted humanity to work on its own to find the cures and appreciate the wonders of nature. Although this doesn't seem totally convincing to me.

What do you people think?

Aug 28, 2010
Scientific vision of GURU NANAK DEV Ji in SSGSIn

The messages of Gurbaani are more related to MUN of ours rather than the MIND.
MIND is hardware and the MUN is corresponding SOFTWARE .There are as many Minds as SOFTWARES.

Gurbaani has clearly stated the behviour of MUN as being a FORM OF WAVE.This wave forms our INNERSELF.Similarly there is vast and infinite OUTERSELF which is the same as innerself.
So we require to connect our innerself with the vast and infinite outerself thru the Words of GURU. This is SPRITUALTY described as union of JOTI with JOTi.
This process can be considered as Science of the word GURU.

Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM