• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

S Asia Saudi Arabia Executes Woman Convicted Of 'sorcery'

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi authorities have executed a woman convicted of practicing magic and sorcery.

The Saudi Interior Ministry says in a statement the execution took place Monday, but gave no details on the woman's crime.

The London-based al-Hayat daily, however, quoted Abdullah al-Mohsen, chief of the religious police who arrested the woman, as saying she had tricked people into thinking she could treat illnesses, charging them $800 per session.

The paper said a female investigator followed up, and the woman was arrested in April, 2009, and later convicted in a Saudi court.

It did not give the woman's name, but said she was in her 60s.

The execution brings the total to 76 this year in Saudi Arabia, according to an Associated Press count. At least three have been women.

http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia-executes-woman-convicted-sorcery-132159048.html

lionsingh

SPNer
Nov 7, 2010
I dont see how this is a surprise in a country ruled by wahabbi Islamic nutters and the barbaric theology that supports such abuses..... The appeasement of Saudis on the international stage is of course due to its oil reserves.

Utterly morally bankrupt and evil.... unless you believe in witches ???

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
I dont see how this is a surprise in a country ruled by wahabbi Islamic nutters and the barbaric theology that supports such abuses..... The appeasement of Saudis on the international stage is of course due to its oil reserves.

Utterly morally bankrupt and evil.... unless you believe in witches ???

I have actually known some witches who were very nice people. This woman was not a witch because no self-respecting witch would charge for a cure; s/he would expect an offering of thanks from the person cured.

And then turn them into a Saudi Arabian mullah if they refused.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM