• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Regarding Sikh Girls

robby_85

SPNer
Nov 10, 2006
hey
I have a small question to ask u guys:
Why do so many of our Sikh girls like Punjabi munde who cut their hair?
I think in Gurudwara....they should teach these girls about it because most of our brothers our cutting their hair only due to these girls.
I know so many instances where a guy cuts his hair after marrying to a girl or even if they are going out.....I'm in University studying engineering and i know this is true.
Most of the sikh girls prefer a clean-shaven guy and not a guy who has beard and turban.......This has happened with me, that a girl wanted to go out with me only if i would cut my hair.
'main onu kya ki tere wargiyan mainu lakh mil jaogi par meri pag nahin uthru gi'

I just want to tell the sikh girls on this website to please tell your friends that 'Sardars' are maintaining this religion and we look handsome with a turban n beard........we've got style & are educated so you'll have to change ur perception about us or they'll b no religion such as sikhism in near future coz our future generation will just look like hindus.

Thats all I have to say!!!!!!
Plz comment....i want to hear some reviews

Apr 4, 2007
that's quite a broad and negative generalization of sikh girls.

unless she's holding a gun to his head, no girl can make a guy cut his hair. he does it because he wants to.

you cannot blame the downfall of sikh guys on women. i know it's easier if it's the girls' fault, but it's not true and it's not fair.

if you don't know girls who prefer gursikhs, you don't know the right girls. maybe you should start looking somewhere else.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I think this is the condition that is prevailing in India also. It may be due to lack of identification with some great Icon. We have very little amongst sikhs and those that we have are basking in thier personal glory. I happen to know a gentleman who started a production facility of ICs in India with US collaboration.The project clicked and the gentleman migrated to US and is lost in the crowd there. He gave a damn to sikhi. Likewise the ranbaxy's promoters are also not doing anything for sikhi. We do not have much to say that as a sikh we are proud of except the religion is simple and preaches us spirituality in a simple way.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
that's quite a broad and negative generalization of sikh girls.

unless she's holding a gun to his head, no girl can make a guy cut his hair. he does it because he wants to.

you cannot blame the downfall of sikh guys on women. i know it's easier if it's the girls' fault, but it's not true and it's not fair.

if you don't know girls who prefer gursikhs, you don't know the right girls. maybe you should start looking somewhere else.

Dear jasleen

The pressure of society,could force a boy to cut his hair.If his cousin's,friend's are all having cut hair and you will find girls dying over them while despite being respectful and good you cannot get a girl so its obvious if a boy want's to cut hair.What I don't understand is that why religious sikh girls like you don't want to accept that this problem exists in sikh community.If a person tells me that sikh men do plenty of drinking then I am not going to argue with him because I know that sikh men drink though there is hardly any man in my family who drinks.

hey
I think in Gurudwara....they should teach these girls about it because most of our brothers our cutting their hair only due to these girls.
I know so many instances where a guy cuts his hair after marrying to a girl or even if they are going out.....I'm in University studying engineering and i know this is true.
Most of the sikh girls prefer a clean-shaven guy and not a guy who has beard and turban.......This has happened with me, that a girl wanted to go out with me only if i would cut my hair.
'main onu kya ki tere wargiyan mainu lakh mil jaogi par meri pag nahin uthru gi'

I just want to tell the sikh girls on this website to please tell your friends that 'Sardars' are maintaining this religion and we look handsome with a turban n beard........we've got style & are educated so you'll have to change ur perception about us or they'll b no religion such as sikhism in near future coz our future generation will just look like hindus.

Thats all I have to say!!!!!!
Plz comment....i want to hear some reviews

There is another side of story and that is religious sikh girls mainly belongs to tradition families and I don't think in indian parents accept there daughter dating with someone so
Its obvious that they will go for arrange marriage

I think this is the condition that is prevailing in India also. It may be due to lack of identification with some great Icon. We have very little amongst sikhs and those that we have are basking in thier personal glory. I happen to know a gentleman who started a production facility of ICs in India with US collaboration.The project clicked and the gentleman migrated to US and is lost in the crowd there. He gave a damn to sikhi. Likewise the ranbaxy's promoters are also not doing anything for sikhi. We do not have much to say that as a sikh we are proud of except the religion is simple and preaches us spirituality in a simple way.

Dear sikh80

As i mentioned above In India there is hardly any chance of religious sikh girl dating.As we were discussing income in other threads let me tell you that dating mainly starts from upper middle class bracket.good middle clas youngsters have to study day and night
to get admission in good engineering or medicalor any other college.The culture of dating is disastrous for middle class boys.I know hindu boys who just ruin their life because of this only to realise at the age of 23-24 that all doors of good careers are closed
for them.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Kds ji,
All that you state is ok. But what is the solution.? How will this trend be reversed.? I have no solution.If you happen to visit Punjab it is difficult to analyse as to why the situation is so adverse and no one seems to be worried.

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
Kds ji,
All that you state is ok. But what is the solution.? How will this trend be reversed.? I have no solution.If you happen to visit Punjab it is difficult to analyse as to why the situation is so adverse and no one seems to be worried.

There is no solution. It is not reversible. Humanity goes in a one-way, irreversible path.

Globalization of the world leads to a monoculture atmosphere. People who are very proud of only their own culture and practice only the core elements of their culture will not survive.

Unless a time occurs where individual Sikhs need to band together for a community cause (Govt. secluding and killing sikhs) there is no need for a Sikh to pick one method over another if all options are equal, and he wants to remain the most "fit" for the society he lives in. You simply won't see it happening.

Unless you give someone an economic benefit to commit an individual goal to help a community cause, they simply will not care.

The essence of a democracy is to filter through all communities and make everyone think on an individual scale. "I can rise up on my own"

Although religious people have their motives, let's take it at face value that the majority of any community is not religious. "By keeping my hair the Sikh identity will last longer ... what does that do for me?" is the common question being asked. Yes, the religious observer will say "I am living Guru's words" and thats a reasonable answer. But, for the non-religious ... he gains no benefit on an element that only helps a community (not even help the community economically, just 'religiously' ) ...

Unless something drastic happens, humans in a democracy will continue to act only individually and seek economic benefit.

You'll see the same thing happen to the hijab once the middle east liberalizes...

Sikhs aren't the first people to ever see this trend.

On another note, there's a large trend in Male Sikhs who keep a turban and a beard and ogle at girls in mini-skirts. Unless you want all Sikhs to remove themselves from society, this trend won't stop. And if you want people to stop, you have to provide them with a suitable individual benefit that they will care for. The religious benefit of attaining "god" is no longer a viable option to sell to the masses, the power in the element of "god" is being lost in mainstream society.

Sometimes you have to leave things behind to find a new beginning.

I find it amazing, that after taking so many history courses (I'm assuming everyone here is well-educated), you somehow seem to believe Sikhs are an exception to the natural laws of humanity ? Cultures, and philosophies will always come and go, and continually be revised. Some elements may stay around, but like any culture before us, our time will come.

The Aztecs, Mayans, Samurai ... all these cultures have died before us or changed so much due to globalization that they are not nearly the same anymore ... but somehow you think Sikhs will overcome the global-culture threat ? Why would we want to ? What is the benefit in overcoming the global culture? More differences and boundaries ripened throughout humanity everywhere?

Jan 23, 2008
hey

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh bhaji

i really dnt want to sound rude..but ive heard the same question asked again and again..but i never really get a str8 ansa to my question that im going to ask u...

im assuming that the girl ur talking about ws a good amritdhari kurri hu keeps her kesh and follows Guru Jis rehat maryada ??..if so id questn the ammount of sikhi she has..if not.. then bhaji id have to ask u..how many keshdhari sikh bhenjis u have approached?

again i dnt mean to sound rude..but theres always 2 sides to the story
fair enough alot of punjabi monia (cut hair) girls do prefer cut hair boys and some amritdhari girls are the same..but from wot ive seen..the oppisite is possibly more common..that guys dnt prefer the amritdhari/ kheshdhari girls.

Id realy like to hear ur oppinions on this..and if n e 1 disagrees with anything i have said plz do reply

Bhulchuk maaf karni jii
Wahegiri ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Apr 4, 2007
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh bhaji

i really dnt want to sound rude..but ive heard the same question asked again and again..but i never really get a str8 ansa to my question that im going to ask u...

im assuming that the girl ur talking about ws a good amritdhari kurri hu keeps her kesh and follows Guru Jis rehat maryada ??..if so id questn the ammount of sikhi she has..if not.. then bhaji id have to ask u..how many keshdhari sikh bhenjis u have approached?

again i dnt mean to sound rude..but theres always 2 sides to the story
fair enough alot of punjabi monia (cut hair) girls do prefer cut hair boys and some amritdhari girls are the same..but from wot ive seen..the oppisite is possibly more common..that guys dnt prefer the amritdhari/ kheshdhari girls.

Id realy like to hear ur oppinions on this..and if n e 1 disagrees with anything i have said plz do reply

Bhulchuk maaf karni jii
Wahegiri ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i agree with this 100%. i think the problem is that these guys who would cut their hair for a girl actually PREFER cut haired girls, with waxed legs and threaded eyebrows. if they were talking to gursikh girls, no one would suggest they cut their hair... but they have what's called a "double standard". they want a girl who looks like a bollywood star while they keep their turban and beard. and they wonder why little miss bollywood has no interest in them.

i will never understand this. why do sikh men prefer girls who cut their hair? and then complain that it's really the other way out?

how many of you guys who are complaining so much would go for a girl with heavy eyebrows or a mustache? if those things are a problem for you, think long and hard about why you're keeping your own kes, and meditate on the word "hypocrite".

Dear jasleen

The pressure of society,could force a boy to cut his hair.If his cousin's,friend's are all having cut hair and you will find girls dying over them while despite being respectful and good you cannot get a girl so its obvious if a boy want's to cut hair.What I don't understand is that why religious sikh girls like you don't want to accept that this problem exists in sikh community.If a person tells me that sikh men do plenty of drinking then I am not going to argue with him because I know that sikh men drink though there is hardly any man in my family who drinks.

because if religious sikh guys were going for religious sikh girls, this "problem" wouldn't exist.

but instead they want to keep their kes and marry girls who wax and trim and pluck and thread.

sorry, it's probably not gonna happen.

interestingly, there are four mixed race marriages at my gurdwara, and ALL of the men have their kes. :) if your own women don't like you as you are, maybe it's time to think outside the box.

(don't kill me, i'm just joking. i know i'll probably get death threats from some angry punjabi woman for this... :) )

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2008
but they have what's called a "double standard". they want a girl who looks like a bollywood star while they keep their turban and beard. and they wonder why little miss bollywood has no interest in them.

meditate on the word "hypocrite".

hehe bhenji..well said :shifty:

Fateh Jioo!!!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Kds ji,

Yesterday a muslim girl posted something on sikhsangat which i want to show you all

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muslim/sikh Relationship - The Voice of Sikh Youth
well...........erm.........i dont know where to start well im from the UK and im a muslim girl. For years i have i known this sikh boy who is turbanned and keeps a beard but isnt baptised. since i have know him i have fallin in love with him and cant picture spendin the rest of my life with anyone else! im not religious at all but his views on life and his principles have influenced me e.g. he doesnt drink, smoke, eat meat, never been in a relationship, doesnt believe in sex before marriage all of these things have attacted me to him in a big way and his handsome!...........we are both over 21......................his just always been there for me even when even if didnt ask for help and even wen he talks about his female friends i get really jealous........i have fallen madly in love with him and i dont know how to tell him.......please help.........i mean i think he likes me becausee he tells me im pretty/attractive etc when i feel down to cheer me up and he always puts me first......so what should i do?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So there are girls which like turbaned sikh men

The solution is sikh boys should improve their own quality if they become quality person's ,good husband's ,good fathers then every women of world will desire turbanned sikhs.
This is the best solution.

S1kh wrote

The Aztecs, Mayans, Samurai ... all these cultures have died before us or changed so much due to globalization that they are not nearly the same anymore ... but somehow you think Sikhs will overcome the global-culture threat ? Why would we want to ? What is the benefit in overcoming the global culture? More differences and boundaries ripened throughout humanity everywhere?

Dear s1kh

I am sure you very know that europeans have world's worst birth rate .Any fool can predict that German's,,french,brithis etc culture's will die their own death in 200-300 years
Sikhism has much better chance of survival than them.Best chance is of islam.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2007
I am sure you very know that europeans have world's worst birth rate .Any fool can predict that German's,,french,brithis etc culture's will die their own death in 200-300 years
Sikhism has much better chance of survival than them.Best chance is of islam.

actually, poor people in poor countries of EVERY religion have higher birth rates than wealthy educated people in wealthy countries.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
lol... a good mix of rich and poor... educated and ignorant? :)

the poor here still have far more children than the wealthy, far more than they can afford to care for. we just have a more "balanced" population, i guess. :)

So you want to say that all europeans are rich.I don't think that American society are blend of rich and poor while european society is mainly rich.

Apr 4, 2007
So you want to say that all europeans are rich.I don't think that American society are blend of rich and poor while european society is mainly rich.

actually, i didn't say that at all. :)

i will say that i believe europeans to be better educated. they have better literacy rates and better schools than the US. and i believe i mentioned lack of education along with poverty as a factor in over-fertility.

they also have smaller populations and bigger middle classes with far less poverty than the US does.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
actually, i didn't say that at all. :)

i will say that i believe europeans to be better educated. they have better literacy rates and better schools than the US. and i believe i mentioned lack of education along with poverty as a factor in over-fertility.

they also have smaller populations and bigger middle classes with far less poverty than the US does.

So there are more poor people in Us than in europe? but what about east europe which was under control of communists and not so rich.Even east germany was quite poor but Germans have worst birth rate.

And also russia?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2007
So there are more poor people in Us than in europe? but what about east europe which was under control of communists and not so rich.Even east germany was quite poor but Germans have worst birth rate.

And also russia?

i don't have the numbers in front of me, sorry. i don't know anything about russia's birth rate.

i still believe that over fertility is directly proportional to poverty and lack of education. not all of europe has low birth rates. the lowest rates are in the most educated countries.

feel free to pull up numbers if you have them

also, look at india for a great example of this. the states with the highest birth rates are also the poorest and least literate. the lowest birth rates are in states with better literacy and more money.

Last edited:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Here is the information about russia
Demography of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Declining population
See also: Aging of Europe

Lower birth rates and higher death rates reduced Russia's population at a 0.5% annual rate during the 1990s. For every 1,000 Russians there are 15 deaths and just 10.7 births[2] leading to a population decline of about 750,000 to 800,000 per year. The UN warned that Russia's 2005 population of about 140 million could fall by a third by 2050. However, the number of Russians living in poverty has halved since the economic crisis following the disintegration of the Soviet Union, and the improving economy has had a positive impact on the country's low birth-rate as it rose from its lowest point of 8.27 births per 1000 people in 1999 to 10.7 per 1000 in the first half of 2007.[2] For comparison the US birth rate in 2006 is 14.14 and the current UK birth rate is 10.71 per 1000).[3]

also, look at india for a great example of this. the states with the highest birth rates are also the poorest and least literate. the lowest birth rates are in states with better literacy and more money.

Oh please don't take example of india People of many state's cannot even read or write.They don't eve know about birth control

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM