• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Regarding Sikh Girls

Apr 4, 2007
I don't know. I had a good friend with a turban and he had girls all over him (not encouraging that but please get my point).

I think that physical health, style and confidence play a large part in attracting girls.

Another plain fact we have to accept is that some people are better looking than others and this cannot be "hidden" under a turban and beard. If a bunda is a sohna sunukha gubroo with confidence and style I don't think a turban is any obstacle like is being suggested.

as a woman, not only as a sikh woman, but even before i was sikh... i must say i agree completely with this.

health, style, and confidence play a huge part in attraction. and any man who wears a turban automatically looks more confident than his counterparts who try to blend in... a handsome man in a well tied turban is extremely attractive. even to non-sikh women. :)

(ya, kds, i know you won't believe me, but it's true... my first crush on a man in a turban was at least 10 years before i even knew what "sikh" meant!)

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
does your friend have uncut beard

I have to admit he did have a trimmed beard. But I think because he gained a reputation for bravery when people would start trouble on him and he would DEMOLISH them (he had what seemed to me to be abnormal strength for his size). He sort of confirmed the image of a Sikh warrior better than many people around him. Girls loved it.....sort of lovable rogue type of thing.

You know what.... confidence and self belief really does shine through. I think the personality behind ANY roop shines through and either enhances it or diminishes it. So a turban on one person can look like a crown but the same thing on something else can look different depending on the personality and attributes coming through. The symbol and personality fuse.

Plus as I said earlier, those characteristics that most females generally find attractive i.e. clear skin complexion (I don't mean light skin here!!), eyes, cheek bones etc. (none of which I have BTW...lol) are still visible with or without a turban on.....apart from the jaw line...hehehehe

I mean look at pictures of Kabir Bedi with a turban for an example. A sense of style and grooming pays off big time. Where many Sikhs go wrong sometimes is the style aspect......superficial? perhaps but true in my opinion.

sondeep

SPNer
Feb 15, 2008
hey
I have a small question to ask u guys:
Why do so many of our Sikh girls like Punjabi munde who cut their hair?
I think in Gurudwara....they should teach these girls about it because most of our brothers our cutting their hair only due to these girls.
I know so many instances where a guy cuts his hair after marrying to a girl or even if they are going out.....I'm in University studying engineering and i know this is true.
Most of the sikh girls prefer a clean-shaven guy and not a guy who has beard and turban.......This has happened with me, that a girl wanted to go out with me only if i would cut my hair.
'main onu kya ki tere wargiyan mainu lakh mil jaogi par meri pag nahin uthru gi'

I just want to tell the sikh girls on this website to please tell your friends that 'Sardars' are maintaining this religion and we look handsome with a turban n beard........we've got style & are educated so you'll have to change ur perception about us or they'll b no religion such as sikhism in near future coz our future generation will just look like hindus.

Thats all I have to say!!!!!!
Plz comment....i want to hear some reviews

"waheguru ji ka khalsawaheguru ji ki fateh"

I tottaly agree with you with my brother, today the girls prefer clean shaved guys and also I would lik eto tell you that I have seen instances where the girls are prefering to marry hindus boys , this culture is very much flourishing in "multinational companies as I am working there and I have seen lots of cases.
"par jyaad dukh eh hunda hai ki jehriyan kuriyan aj "Sardar Mundeyan nu what they say k elike nahi kardiyan ohn anu eh vi pata hona chahida hai hi uhna da peo vi "sardar hi c"
Sondeep (9855856969)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

I tottaly agree with you with my brother, today the girls prefer clean shaved guys and also I would lik eto tell you that I have seen instances where the girls are prefering to marry hindus boys , this culture is very much flourishing in "multinational companies as I am working there and I have seen lots of cases.
"par jyaad dukh eh hunda hai ki jehriyan kuriyan aj "Sardar Mundeyan nu what they say k elike nahi kardiyan ohn anu eh vi pata hona chahida hai hi uhna da peo vi "sardar hi c"
Sondeep (9855856969)

These are mainly westernised sikh girls .There are plenty of sikh girls that are traditional girls but they don't date at all they just go for arrange

sondeep

SPNer
Feb 15, 2008
These are mainly westernised sikh girls .There are plenty of sikh girls that are traditional girls but they don't date at all they just go for arrange

Westernize girls is a differnt issue, par ajkal apne punjab diya kuriayn hi nahi maan,

as you can see the classified ads in which it is clearly mentioned that "wanted clean shaven sikh boy for their down to earth, homely sweet and cultural girl."

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Westernize girls is a differnt issue, par ajkal apne punjab diya kuriayn hi nahi maan,

as you can see the classified ads in which it is clearly mentioned that "wanted clean shaven sikh boy for their down to earth, homely sweet and cultural girl."

Sondeep ji

If I am not wrong young generation of punjab is already 80% clean shaven so obviously you will find impact of this on girls.As far as ads are concerned majority of sikh marriage's happen's with some vicholiya and few people prefer the route of ads.

Also There are plenty of middle class,lower middlea class, poor girls from sikh families.
they just need a good husband who marries them without any dowry .I don't think These families are in postion to put some conditions.These types of conditions are put by Girls
from upper middle class,rich sikh families.They are not At all down to earth homely girls.
In my extended family of punjab Not even a single girl married clean shaven sikh though one of my cousin married hindu but that was love marriage.

Anyways We sikh men should concentrate on ourself rather than worrying about these so called sikh girls.There are plenty of sikh as well as hindu girls In India who don't have problem with sardar's.we should treat them with respect and equally and Try to remove other social evils like dowry expensive marriage etc.If we will Improve our quality then not only sikh but girls from other relogions will also want to marry sardars

allias

SPNer
Feb 27, 2007
that's quite a broad and negative generalization of sikh girls.

unless she's holding a gun to his head, no girl can make a guy cut his hair. he does it because he wants to.

you cannot blame the downfall of sikh guys on women. i know it's easier if it's the girls' fault, but it's not true and it's not fair.

if you don't know girls who prefer gursikhs, you don't know the right girls. maybe you should start looking somewhere else.
if the guy likes the girl, his views will change to make her like him more.. if the guy wants to go with the girl, he wont be part of the panth anyway! and if he is amritshak and still thinking of that, then still, he cannot be classed as a gursikh (a practising one) which means he shouldnt be part of the amritshakia ppl.. if the guy has his hed skerwed on, then he wont look at girls like that. bul chul kima

allias

SPNer
Feb 27, 2007

Sondeep (9855856969)
the girl only marries hindu a guy if she is not a sikh(practising)/has no respect for the gurus and sikh history/if she has been dating him cus he looks good/ other stuff..i no that people of the sikh faith are deteoriating.. one day, i actually jus got fed up and said, it is a 'dis cleanup' of tru sikhs and not true sikhs.i no this is a bit wrong as members of our faith are being lost, but it is in the quality and not quantity.(the muslims always say 'look at how many people there are in islam; but look at those people.) in the traditional sense, anyone that is not amritshak, should not have singh i their name! it was only after the 5piyaare had amrit that their names became singh! and guru gobind rai to guru gobind singh... but anyway... it is how it is and is also how it shouldnt be..

pul chuk kima

neutralyouth

SPNer
Feb 22, 2008
I'm rather new to this site, and this forum but I have a pressing question that I'd like to have answered.

I come from a traditional background, and have kept my hair uncut for my whole life. But lately, I've been thinking of cutting it. I don't care about my looks, or any of the typical reasons for (girls) cutting hair, I simply think that I can do a greater service by donating my hair to charities that make wigs, than I can by keeping it myself.

I live in a westernized world and if the people around me were able to identify me as Sikh and know what my hair stands for, I think that I would (perhaps) keep it, but no one knows of it's value (apart from myself and other Sikhs).

I feel bad because I am of a very small percentage of foreign-born Sikhs keeping their hair, and I would just become like everyone else around me... but wouldn't it be seva to give it away to someone, like a child with alopecia areata who can never grow their own hair?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I'm rather new to this site, and this forum but I have a pressing question that I'd like to have answered.

I come from a traditional background, and have kept my hair uncut for my whole life. But lately, I've been thinking of cutting it. I don't care about my looks, or any of the typical reasons for (girls) cutting hair, I simply think that I can do a greater service by donating my hair to charities that make wigs, than I can by keeping it myself.

I live in a westernized world and if the people around me were able to identify me as Sikh and know what my hair stands for, I think that I would (perhaps) keep it, but no one knows of it's value (apart from myself and other Sikhs).

I feel bad because I am of a very small percentage of foreign-born Sikhs keeping their hair, and I would just become like everyone else around me... but wouldn't it be seva to give it away to someone, like a child with alopecia areata who can never grow their own hair?

I think there are plenty of people all over world who donate their hair.there is no shortage of hair donors.

neutralyouth

SPNer
Feb 22, 2008
I think there are plenty of people all over world who donate their hair.there is no shortage of hair donors.

Actually, I have done quite a bit of research on the subject, and there aren't. Wig makers need 10 - 12 inches (minimum) of untreated hair, this disqualifies many of my white friends who dye and straighten their hair. There are very few good hair donors.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Actually, I have done quite a bit of research on the subject, and there aren't. Wig makers need 10 - 12 inches (minimum) of untreated hair, this disqualifies many of my white friends who dye and straighten their hair. There are very few good hair donors.

I am sure there are plenty of people who need blood.why don't you just donate blood.And BTW there are plenty in india who can donate their hair

Apr 4, 2007

:D

excellent joke. i've never heard this one before.

i love it. :)

Apr 4, 2007

you do know that MILLIONS of hindus go to temples and donate their hair each day in india, right? :)

most hair donors are from india or eastern europe, not your white friends.

anecdotally, my younger sister (who is white and is not sikh) donates her hair every 5 years. she never cuts it or colours it between donations. :) i'm sure she can do an extra cycle for you or something. :)

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

HAHAHA!:D ur hilarious...
go ahead donate your hair.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I am sure there are plenty of people who need blood.why don't you just donate blood.And BTW there are plenty in india who can donate their hair
now blood donating is something different... something taht can save lives... hair donating only saves bad hair days which can easily be fixed with turbans! yay!

but then you might have bad turban day... :eek:

neutralyouth

SPNer
Feb 22, 2008
now blood donating is something different... something taht can save lives... hair donating only saves bad hair days which can easily be fixed with turbans! yay!

but then you might have bad turban day... :eek:

I do donate blood. Alopecia areata isn't really a bad hair day...it's a disease.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM