• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Ramdev Makes Conciliatory Noises Toward Congress

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
June 7, 2011

Ramdev makes conciliatory noises towards Congress

Brijesh Pandey - Tehelka - 07 June 2011

The yoga guru has not ended the fast but has attracted only 25 supporters so far !

Ramdev.jpg

Baba Ramdev said on Tuesday that he had forgiven the prime minister for the atrocities against him and his supporters at the Ramlila Maidan in New Delhi in the wee hours of Sunday when they were observing fast against black money.

"I have forgiven the Prime Minister for the atrocities against me and my supporters," he said, while addressing his supporters at his ashram in Haridwar in the morning, a day after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh described the police action against him as "unfortunate, but unavoidable".

In his address, Ramdev categorically denied the speculations that he was trying to negotiate with the government and planning to call off his fast.

It was a very subdued Ramdev who spoke in Haridwar on Tuesday. Contrary to his earlier statements before the fast, Ramdev sounded more accommodating towards the civil society group, led by Anna Hazare, which is fighting for a strong Lokpal Bill.

"There are no differences between me and the civil society," he said, while declaring that his supporters would join Hazare’s next sit-in in New Delhi. Hazare had announced on Monday that he would fast at Jantar Mantar on Wednesday, but the government imposed Section 144 against the assembly of people at the venue. The civil society group responded by shifting the venue to Rajghat, the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi, which has a symbolic value both for Hazare and the Congress.

Ramdev also cleared air on differences with Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan. "Irrespective of the differences with Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan, I support the idea of the movement against corruption which includes the Bhushans," he said.

What is most surprising is that after Ramdev was forced to leave Delhi, there has been a sharp decline in the number of supporters he has attracted for the fast in Haridwar. Till now, not more than 25 supporters have joined the fast in Haridwar.

Brijesh Pandey is a Special Correspondent with Tehelka.

brijesh@tehelka.com

source:http://www.tehelka.com/story_main49.asp?filename=Ws070611Ramdev.asp

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Exactly how many are in "hopsitals" of Delhi ?? I think the entire episode is a gross exaggeration...

In 1960 Nehrus Police of a Democratic India brutally lathicharged a huge March of over 12,000 SIKHS.....the Very FIRST time a democracy took out the Big Stick on its own citizens..and for what ?? for Shouting the Banned slogan... PUNJABI SUBA ZINDABAD... surprisingly no one at that time even mentioned "jallianwallah bagh" as it is being repeatedly mentioned now !! Neither was Jallianwala mentioned in 1984... OPS Bluestar..neither in Niovember 1984...but a small police action whcih is RIGHT and timely and according to Law as the Permit for the yoga Camp had already expired..in which a few may have been injured is being touted as jallianwllah Bagh number 2 !!

This Baba is nothing but a big time fraud (apologies for hurting anyones feelings but a spade is a spade). USA has just banned his Ayurvedic medicines under FDA rules.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM