• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Punjab Polls And Elections

OneD10s

SPNer
Nov 27, 2011
Now I do not have much knowledge in the Punjab elections. I am sure that most people know how Punjab is not developing at the same rate as the rest of India. And the issues about the Indian government and their discrimination on Sikhs.

My question is does anybody know or hoping for any particular parities to win?

The current party that has been in power do not seem to have been doing a good job (in my opinion) as there is so much disputing and so many issues in Punjab.

The party that caught my eye (if I have got it right) is Akali Dal

The leader of the party has said how they plan to tackle real issues and believes how the current party are power greedy.

It would be really good to get some information about the elections and some hopeful parties! Any help will be very much appreciated.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
One D10 Ji..
You wrote:
<<<<<<The current party that has been in power do not seem to have been doing a good job (in my opinion) as there is so much disputing and so many issues in Punjab.

The party that caught my eye (if I have got it right) is Akali Dal

The leader of the party has said how they plan to tackle real issues and believes how the current party are power greedy. >>>>>>>>>

THEY ARE BOTH one and the SAME !! So what do you mean ?? The CURRENT ruling Party is Akali dal badal....and is power greedy and corrupt...and it has no plans to tackle anything..except get back into power by hook or crook and lies....?? so which party are you talking about ??

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada

OneD10s Ji:
I am no fan of the Congress or for that matter of SAD ( Shromani Akali Dal )/ BJP, the following "political news" should provide you with the information concerning the “devastation” of Punjab by the so called Akali Dal ( SAD) in conjunction with BJP:

MANMOHAN FAULTS BADAL GOVT. FOR PUNJAB’S ‘FALL’

Amritsar January 21:

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday launched a scathing on the Parkash Singh Badal-led SAD-BJP government in Punjab, saying the state which was once a frontrunner in all spheres had now fallen behind.

Addressing an election rally in his hometown here, he asked the electorate to overthrow the present regime and bring back Congress to power in the state. “Punjab was a golden land till a few years ago. The state was a frontrunner for many years and had done wonders in agriculture, industrial sector and food production. “It had no parallel in Sabyachar (culture) not just in the country but around the world. But, now it lags behind,” Dr. Singh told the rally.

He said after being number one state in the country, Punjab had fallen back and alleged the SAD-BJP government was responsible for this. He said even small and neighbouring state Haryana had left Punjab behind. Haryana was carved out of Punjab in November 1966. The Prime Minister said Punjab’s fiscal situation was in a mess and the state was facing massive debt to the tune of Rs 1.20 lakh crore.

He accused the Badal government of failing to sincerely implement and properly utilise funds provided to the state for carrying out developmental activities. Speaking in Punjabi, Dr. Singh, in his nearly 35-minute speech, said the Congress rule between 2002 and 2007 had seen a swift pace of development in the agrarian state. He said there had been little development during the SAD-led dispensation, adding power problem and unemployment had aggravated during its rule.

Source : Punjab Mail Online

http://www.punjabmailonline.com/#56343

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I Hope the Punjab Voters give the PPP a Chance to show what it can do...after all Both the congress and the BJP-Badalite dal have already ruled and shown what they are capable of...utter Failure. These two are equally liable for the woes of Punjab..the huge debts, the destruction of Punjab's industry, agriculture, and environment. They BOTH equally responsible for the LOOTING of Punjab Waters, hydro-Electricity and Capital City as wellas no investment in Punjab and worked tirelessly AGAINST PUNJABI Language too. Badal is WORSE because He also destroyed the SGPC, the takhats and the Sikh religious institutions and allowing the dera culture to flourish so much. Also he is directly responsible for the huge scale police excesses against the people of Punjab, goondagardhee, forcible take over of all transport, cable tv etc etc by His son and satellite Tv channels like PTC etc....he has given away Sikh majority seats to the anti iskh BJP...especially Sikh Seats like Amrtisar Anand Pur sahib etc....so I hope PUNJABIS take PITY on themsleves and give the BAD Dal marching orders and give enough seats to Captain Amarinder to form a strong opposition so good govt can function well.

OneD10s

SPNer
Nov 27, 2011
Many apologies for the my mistake Gyani Jarnail Singh, I am a novice to all of the election/parties etc in Punjab. I must of read the following link wrong

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/sad-amritsar-releases-first-list/895447/

It is a shame because the SAD aims are to support the Sikh heritage, and reading what you have said they seem to be not doing any of it.

What are the aims of the PPP? Also the SAD website looks very impressive and productive but obviously they have not been doing anything prosperous and what they claim.

I found it so interesting because this is my first time where I am trying to understand and follow the elections of punjab and the parties that will actually help Sikhs there.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Actually NONE of the parties have anything SIKH !! The Biggest culprit Shiromani Akali dal badal even has TWO different sets of Constitutions...ONE is "SIKH" so it can FIGHT SGPC elections and control Gurdwara Golucks...the SECOND SET is "SECULAR" so it cna safely remain faithful MISTRESS of the Communak BJP/RSS Hindu Kattarrs and work to destroy SIKHI !! IF that is not called TWO FACE CHEATING..you give me a definition ???

Congress is of course SECULAR..menaing it leans towards the MAJORITY HINDUS as always has...what the Centre says it does...

PPP has its partners the COMMUNISTS...who didnt even win 1% of the Votes last few elections..much less any SEATS....challeh hoe kartoos (spent bullets) who have also lost Bengal and Kerala etc where they had Govts for nearly 40 years...

Of course The Mann dal pretends to be Khalistani and Sikh Raaj and all that..BUT its only SPLITTING the Votes of SIKHS becasue in the last SGPC even the Presidnet mann failed to get a seat !! So they are just lots of HOT AIR which helps Badal split votes and win...

Then we have the BASPA..Mayawati and the Dalits...who NUMBER quite a LOT but always VOTE the jatts IN..and then complain for 5 years how they are oppressed...No hope of them winning any seats either...their Elephant is only for show...cant BITE...

SIKHS as a GROUP DONT MATTER to anyone..just the DERAS do...thats why you see every badal unbadal and nobadal going to the DERAS to get votes...NONE went to any GURDWARA !!..Also surprisingly GURDWARA is "religious" and thus OUT of Bounds for election campaign..BUT a DERA..is NOT !! Badal can go to ANY DERA..and is exempt/clean chit by Akal takhat...anyone else dare go there..and Akal takhat issues WARNING IMMEDIATELY....their Handwritten letters print faster than the fastest Laser Printers !!....so there you ahve IT..Manpreet badal got a Warning (even though he is beard trimmer and not amrtidharee ) BUT BADAL Daddy and Son BOTH exempted..even though Batman and Robin are..... Akali dal President, amrtidharees and full beards !!

I hope you are learning....although i admit i am a bit biased...ha ha

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
BUT BADAL Daddy and Son BOTH exempted..even though Batman and Robin are..... Akali dal President, amrtidharees and full beards !!

lol lol lol lol lol

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Punjab Voter has to break through the Two party System....Get RID of the Garbage and Give the New Broom a Chance to sweep clean...maybe it will succeed...otherwise just 5 years down the road..it cna all go back to square ONE.

The PPP Manifesto came OUT a week BEFORE the Election Month started and it is well planned..100 days..one year etc...BUT the Badal dal came out with its moth eaten manifesto on 21st January...one week before voting day..and Congress is just a day earlier...so these have NOTHING to say in way of TRUTH..just LAREH...lareh..lareh...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM