• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Punjab Now A Land Of Bihari 'sardars'

I think your misreading the post. Where have I said "each to his own"??

right here my silly freind:

Blaming corruption of character on ideologies like capitalism without reference to internal motivation is about as lame as it gets.

and what about when you label an entire ethnic group...is it not prejudice, bigotry? is it not lame? are you not in your own words referencing a group without taking into consideration internal motivations?

you wish to irradicate caste differences but ironically you are the most conscious of caste in these discussions.

Jatt society has had a long standing love of wealth and gain long before the term capitalism was ever coined!

A strong feature of Jatt culture is economic dominance of other clans in Punjab.

Jatt society has had a long standing love of wealth and gain long before the term capitalism was ever coined!

and my favourite:
Jatts are possibly one of worse at following this mentality.

isnt that "lame" (to use your own words)?
its not going to solve anything.

You are the one suggesting we are all helpless in the face of capitalism and using that as some excuse/justification for greedy behaviour.

not as an excuse but as a cause (theres the rub). You are unfortunately standing on a mountaintop where the air is thin...i just wish to bring you down to the valley bellow. Sit on the fence for once and look at something with pure objectivity.

I'm suggesting that we have choices on individual levels on whether to buy into that and are not entirely helpless. Has Sikhism becomes so powerless that it offers no protection against capitalism?

to answer your question...yes
im not a capitilistic fanboy....but i recognize it as an entity that is omnipotent to both you and I...probably even god.

I suggest you revisit the old sakhi about Guru Nanak and Malik Bhago for some guidance. What do you think it is trying to get at?

its ok ill pass on childrens stories :rofl!!:

i recommend you reread my posts if nothings clicked so far.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Biharis or anyone else...do yourself a big favour and learn a skilled trade. It has much better prospects....lol

Kirat dee kamai

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
to each his own

remember?

not everyone can be a laborer
and Nanak's dream although fruitful is Utopian

or your just interpreting it wrong

Sikhism is about freedom, not replacing one set of overlords with another....lol

I'd rather be inspired by Guru Nanak's "utopian" vision than any other.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
to each his own

just stop with the bigotry though... is all i ask of you today
babysteps in the right direction

Nope. Change your own society before you ask for something you can't offer yourself....bwaaahhh <jumps around in a long pink skirt in celebration>

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
The truth revealed
surely you are not following sikhi then

so you preach what you dont follow

now your a bigot and a hypocrit which is not much of a surprise

Yeh, like your pushing for something really positive yourself.

Sweep the stick under your own bed before you complain..as the old Punjabi saying goes

I noticed that in all your posts you never once suggested that farmers need to change anything in their own society. Really forward looking bloke you are.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<do yourself a big favour and learn a skilled trade. It has much better prospects....lol

Kirat dee kamai>>

how is management not "kirat" ?

as long as it means paying just market adjusted monies for the resources or skills

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<Sikhism is about freedom, not replacing one set of overlords with another....lol
>>

so i assume working in a job is like assuming an overlord?

Dalsingh,

Economic migration is nothing new or "recent" to Punjab. My own family owned timber saw mills and I remember bhaiyas working there about 25 years ago. These people would work and then return to their families. So how is this anything new? They were probably treated better at our place then by your average arrogant peasant.

I would explain Punjabis overseas as a phenomena mainly based on financial desires and also what seems like an inherent trait of outward exploration in the community. Exactly what made Sikhs (especially Jatts) prance around the globe as soldiers under the British i.e. desire for money + adventure.

Have some respect for veterans..my grandfather died "prancing around the globe"
and for this? ....for people like you who dont give a damn. Its called, dieing for what you beleive in is right...you wouldn't know because your a hypocrit and hypocrits cant tell the difference.

The day I see Jatts give a monkeys about other people besides their own and stop trying to corrupt/dominate every damn thing in Punjab/Sikhism I may give a hoot.

this does not constitute debate... it borders hate speech.
in fact I will go as far as saying it is hate speech.... directed at a specific ethnicity.

My question is:
Why are the moderators sitting on their hands?

we are all the same dalsingh, we are individuals. And those who think themselves superior...Like you or any jatt for that matter ... is nothing short of a {censored}.

down with bigotry.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Like I said, look closer to home for a fountain head of bigotry. I still haven't heard you say anything about reforming aspects of your own culture that promotes caste/hierarchy?

Apr 4, 2007
why not convert them to Sikhi thru love and tolerance....that will make sikh population increase fast..migration will not go away...just as sikh youths will not stop going to Canada/usa/uk thru illegal means even ( paying huge sums to unscrupulous agnets and human traffickers)..these people will keep on coming to the land of opportunity - Punjab..our best bet is to assimilate them and increas our numbers

Gyani jarnail Singh
this is the only sensible post i've seen so far in this thread. thanks for posting this idea, i tend to agree with you.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Friends

Take some care while writing posts . Some flaming posts against some particular group can make whole disscusion useless.

Their are no prizes to guess that Jatt is the dominant single community in Punjab
they consitiute single largest group in Punjab arpound 20 % of punjab population .

As from my experience everybody in punjab who have money in thier pocket speak high about himself and his clan whether its Khatri ,Jatt,Arora so the point is we need the thinkung pattern change to get rid from this Caste thing and everybody should be held responsible

Dear Friends

Take some care while writing posts . Some flaming posts against some particular group can make whole disscusion useless.

Their are no prizes to guess that Jatt is the dominant single community in Punjab
they consitiute single largest group in Punjab arpound 20 % of punjab population .

As from my experience everybody in punjab who have money in thier pocket speak high about himself and his clan whether its Khatri ,Jatt,Arora so the point is we need the thinkung pattern change to get rid from this Caste thing and everybody should be held responsible

thankyou Dr.Khalsa!

your words of reason resonate with melody

the blame lies everywhere on the individual level not within a group.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
To underplay the influence the dominant group plays in upholding, promoting and reinforcing caste within Sikhism is a cop out as far as I can see. You don't have to go far to hear about what is clearly oppression from these quarters.

Yes, change is needed throughout Panjabi society. Shouldn't the people who adhere to the caste system the most within the Sikh community lead the way? Instead you get every excuse in the book to justify this nonsense i.e. we are an ethnic group not a caste etc.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM