• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Protest For The Entry Of KP Gill In The UN-Human Rights Council

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
PROTEST FOR THE ENTRY OF KP GILL, the BUTCHER OF PUNJAB, IN THE PREMISES OF THE UNITED NATIONS HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL, MARCH 1-28, 2010
Madam N Pillay
High Commissioner
U N Commission for Human Rights
Human Rights Council
Bureau 1153
Palais des Nations
1211 GENEVE 10
Switzerland
Tel: 41-22-917-2127
Fax: 41-22-917-0583

Your Excellency,

It has come to our that the Interfaith International, a non-governmental body, having consultative status with the Economics and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSO), has accredited 17 Indian citizens to represent India at the 13th Session of Human Rights Council, Geneva, March 1 – 26, 2010, which includes KP Gill, the Butcher of Punjab.

We are shocked and disturbed at the inclusion of KPS Gill, one of the former Directors-General of PUNJAB police. He is commonly known as the ‘Butcher of Punjab’ because of his gross violations of Human Rights, including the fake-encounter killings of the Sikh youth and his participation in abduction, torture, persecution and eventually killing the Human Rights Activist of the ruling Akali Dal-Badal party. This human rights activist was Sardar Jaswant Singh Khalsa, on 6th September, 1993. Besides, KPS.Gill has murdered hundreds of thousand of Sikhs youth his tenure of office as one of the former Directors-General of Punjab Police (under the Indian occupation since 15th August, 1947).

We, the Sikhs of California, respectfully request your Excellency to take your personal initiative to ‘stop the Human rights violator, persecutor and abductor’ of Sardar Jaswat Singh Khalsa’ and eventually eliminating him. He should not be permitted to enter the premises of the United Nations Human Rights Council. Rather, the UN authorities should alert the Swiss Security authorities to arrest him, i. e., KPS Gill, be tried for his criminals activities committed for the crimes against humanity. Inviting KPS Gill would be inviting the infamous Hitler or Goebels to the Internationally known Human Rights Organization, the United Nations.

Once again, we humbly request your personal involvement against the criminal(s) of humanity, arrest him and prosecute him at the International Court of Justice, The Hague, for the heinous crimes he committed against the Sikhs of Punjab. Also, he was appointed a ‘Special advisor’ to Narendra Modi, who carried out the genocide of Muslims of Gujarat in 2002-2003.

Sincerely,

Parmjit Singh Sekhon
President
Dal Khalsa Alliance
United States of America
<pssekhon@gmail.com>

Ram Singh, President*, American Gurdwara Council, San Jose, CA Ph 408.667-3116
Karnail Singh Khalsa*, Gurmat Chetna Lehar 510-557-9168
Gaganjit Singh, General Secretary, Dal Khalsa of America <gensec@dalkhalsausa.org>
Harminder Singh, President, Khalsa Jagriti Lehar <hpaulsingh@sbcglobal.net>
Bhanjan Singh Bhinder, Director for Public Policy, The Sikh Information Centre <bhinder@<wbr>sikhinformationcentre.org>
Sukhwinder Singh, President, Sikh Sahit Sabha 510.277-7560
Baljinder Singh, President, Sikh Sabhachar Committee 510.774-5909

Attachments

• United_Nations..png
    United_Nations..png
    22.1 KB · Reads: 2,626

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Re: PROTEST FOR THE ENTRY OF KP GILL in the UN HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL

IMO, arrest is too good for this butcher. I see all the dead, tortured bodies of my brothers and sisters, the ones who survived torture and my sisters and brothers raped under his regime and my reaction...I must be careful what I say, I suppose, but, IMO, there is no punishment sufficient for what he has done. He has earned his nickname, The Butcher of Punjab. :}8-:

He and Indira Gandhi belong in the same category exactly. The biggest difference I can see is that KP Gill has pretensions of being a Sikh. If he is a Sikh, he is a traitor and ought to be treated as a traitor. :AR15firing:

:knit:

Oct 21, 2009
India

I have no soft corner for KPS Gill. But let us not forget one thing and that is He was A Servant of GOI and did that was ordered. It was not his independent decision.The only disqualification is that he was a sikh and had to handle the Khalistanis.

If he would not have done this he would have been out of job and someone else would have done exactly the same way.He is subject to sikh's scrutiny because he was a Turbaned sikh.While one is in service one has to do that is ordained. One is helpless may be he did many things against his conscience and could never tell as he is a taciturn and does not speak much. May be he pens down some bio-graphy or some thing that we should come to understand his psyche. !984 was the year of herd-mentality and may be he was swayed away by that mentality.

But that does not unsikh him. May be .....

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada

I have no soft corner for KPS Gill. But let us not forget one thing and that is He was A Servant of GOI and did that was ordered. It was not his independent decision.The only disqualification is that he was a sikh and had to handle the Khalistanis.

If he would not have done this he would have been out of job and someone else would have done exactly the same way.He is subject to sikh's scrutiny because he was a Turbaned sikh.While one is in service one has to do that is ordained. One is helpless may be he did many things against his conscience and could never tell as he is a taciturn and does not speak much. May be he pens down some bio-graphy or some thing that we should come to understand his psyche. !984 was the year of herd-mentality and may be he was swayed away by that mentality.

But that does not unsikh him. May be .....

Taranjeet Singh ji,

I beg to differ. There is no excuse for the things he did. There can be no excuse for mass murder. Any half-way moral person would have been willing to simply lose their job and do something else for a living. Many Sikhs, as I understand it, did exactly that after the Bluestar Massacre. Any really moral person would die before doing the things he did. The excuse of following orders didn't work for the nazis and it doesn't work for kp gill.

If someone else had done what he did, that person would also have my lasting enmity. That "reason" was given to me - "someone has to do it" - when I was offered a job with a defence contractor (read "weapons development"). I replied ,"Maybe someone has to do it, but it doesn't have to be me."

As far as I am concerned, I will not consider him a Sikh, but who am I? The Akal Takht considers him a Sikh and they have the last word on that. Don't they?

This earth will be a slightly cleaner place when he is no longer living on it. :}--}:

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2010

Madam N Pillay
High Commissioner
U N Commission for Human Rights ???

Sounds Indian.What else can we expect from such people ?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM