• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Post From A Different Forum On Tat Khalsa/Sanatan Sikhism

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Do share how it goes!!

Judging from the actions of what the "council" (SGPC/Akal takhat) is NOW..I wouldnt be totally surprised IF they readily agreed to kamala jis suggestion and get Mr Makarr or Jathedars to order a truck load of brand new Ganeshas and Hanumans from Bombay asap...So DONT hold your breath kanwaljit Ji...:singhsippingcoffee:.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
sp ji are you suggesting Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is intoxicated or mast or stating about Masty. We know Muslims don't drink Alcohol (officially) so hopefully it supports the thesis that "Mast" does not imply intoxicated.

Bagga ji and junior Musketeer somehow love the idea of intoxicated Elephants. You seen any Thekas/Beer-Liquor stores with Elephant line ups. That would be quite a gas!lol

I know Bagga ji think it is NAAMu that that is intoxicating the Elephants. I don't know the Alcohol strength of NAAMu!

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Well murtis did exist parkash ji. But I have no idea why they would be in the temple if people these days say they were rejected, maybe they were their to show respect for the gods/gurus. I should go to the golden temple one dqay and ask the council this question myself.

Kamala Ji
It may be easier to phone them or even fax them to get a written response!!
It's a long journey for one question, unless you can astral project like Amarjit ji. He even visted mecca using this technique!!!

The contact details are below, save you a journey.

Contact SGPC, Golden Temple Complex- They should direct you to the appropriate spokesperson
Pbx. : 0183-2553957-58-59
Fax : 0183-2553919 :noticemunda:
from 9.30am to 4.30 pm every day

Good Luck...peacesign

Apr 11, 2007
Amusing comment Parm ji, I like that one!!:mundabhangra:
OK, were going to go off track with the elephant here.
It's probably going to lead to Ganesh and murtis.:grinningkaur:cheerleader:grinningkaur:

Sat kartar

See bother, so now you realise without the approach of TRUTH it all becomes non-sense!
icecreammunda:motherlylove:

Aug 28, 2010
sp ji are you suggesting Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is intoxicated or mast or stating about Masty. We know Muslims don't drink Alcohol (officially) so hopefully it supports the thesis that "Mast" does not imply intoxicated.

Bagga ji and junior Musketeer somehow love the idea of intoxicated Elephants. You seen any Thekas/Beer-Liquor stores with Elephant line ups. That would be quite a gas!lol

I know Bagga ji think it is NAAMu that that is intoxicating the Elephants. I don't know the Alcohol strength of NAAMu!

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

Here is a Sabad for you to realise the power of intoxication of NAAMu

ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਪੀਵੈ ਅਲਮਸਤੁ ਮਤਵਾਰਾ

हरि रसु पीवै अलमसतु मतवारा ॥

Har ras pīvai almasaṯ maṯvārā.

One who drinks in the Lord's sublime essence, is intoxicated and enraptured;

ਆਨ ਰਸਾ ਸਭਿ ਹੋਛੇ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

आन रसा सभि होछे रे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Ān rasā sabẖ hocẖẖe re. ||1|| rahā▫o.

all other essences have no effect. ||1||Pause||

The complete sabad is at pp 377 pl go thru and make your own opinions about this state of intoxication.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2010
Judging from the actions of what the "council" (SGPC/Akal takhat) is NOW..I wouldnt be totally surprised IF they readily agreed to kamala jis suggestion and get Mr Makarr or Jathedars to order a truck load of brand new Ganeshas and Hanumans from Bombay asap...So DONT hold your breath kanwaljit Ji...:singhsippingcoffee:.

Any thing listened from ear may be true or false,Any thing listened from mind is subject to logics, So the best way to listen from the Heart only Truth will be listened.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Here is a Sabad for you to realise the power of intoxication of NAAMu

ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਪੀਵੈ ਅਲਮਸਤੁ ਮਤਵਾਰਾ

हरि रसु पीवै अलमसतु मतवारा ॥

Har ras pīvai almasaṯ maṯvārā.

One who drinks in the Lord's sublime essence, is intoxicated and enraptured;

ਆਨ ਰਸਾ ਸਭਿ ਹੋਛੇ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

आन रसा सभि होछे रे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Ān rasā sabẖ hocẖẖe re. ||1|| rahā▫o.

all other essences have no effect. ||1||Pause||

The complete sabad is at pp 377 pl go thru and make your own opinions about this state of intoxication.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji I have no interest in your searches for "intoxication/intoxicated" and quoting these for me. As you know this is one of the most childish ways of studying SGGS. NAmely look fior a justification in what you believe versus reading a sabad and trying to understand as is when is, so every reading of a sabad is brand new. This is so emphasized by Prof. Sahib Singh ji in his Darpan and I 110% agree with it.

I regret that the damage you are doing in confusing issues is much too great to go on wild goose chases with you. A few young are in your shadow and I feel for them. We all are adults so I am going to stop interjecting as much as I used to thinking I should catch misdirection at every instance. It becomes counter-productive very fast. Trust me I will still participate and challenge or compliment as needed but may be more judiciously and less frequently with you and Bhagat Singh ji. I have couple of people on ignore so that also helps manage positiveness a bit.

You are stuck brother and perhaps me too. At max in handful of years we would not be capable of jousting due to time that limits life, ashes and bones we will become. Let us part ways.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2010
Veer Prakash.S.Bagga ji I have no interest in your searches for "intoxication/intoxicated" and quoting these for me. As you know this is one of the most childish ways of studying Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. NAmely look fior a justification in what you believe versus reading a sabad and trying to understand as is when is, so every reading of a sabad is brand new. This is so emphasized by Prof. Sahib Singh ji in his Darpan and I 110% agree with it.

I regret that the damage you are doing in confusing issues is much too great to go on wild goose chases with you. A few young are in your shadow and I feel for them. We all are adults so I am going to stop interjecting as much as I used to thinking I should catch misdirection at every instance. It becomes counter-productive very fast. Trust me I will still participate and challenge or compliment as needed but may be more judiciously and less frequently with you and Bhagat Singh ji. I have couple of people on ignore so that also helps manage positiveness a bit.

You are stuck brother and perhaps me too. At max in handful of years we would not be capable of jousting due to time that limits life, ashes and bones we will become. Let us part ways.

Sat Sri Akal.

Even I am equally not interested in interacting or sharing any views with you..I dont expect you to give any uncalled for comments from tyour side too.
If I am given to know thru the Admn of this forum about your role acting as JUDGE I myself would stop writing anything

Prakash.s.Bagga

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bagga Ji..Rest assured there are no Dharamraaj judges here...everyone is free to earn his karma....intoxication...whatever..TRUTH is HIGH..But HIGHER STILL is TRUTHFUL LIVING...Galleen aseen changeahn...acharee bureahn...quest for the TRUTH is never ending..and never fruitless....so soldier on...but try not be a Don Quixote warrior...because SPN has no dragons...only Sant Sipahis...Gurparsaad..love..mutual respect..is all that matters as we are family of equals...

In my personal experience..Mera satgur NIT NAVAAN is a very special concept....comes through experiencing Him via Gurbani...and in matters of language/vocabulary..PUNJABI far outruns English...thus Mast cannot be limited to just simple "intoxication" in all cases...intoxication is not a panacea/cure all..one size fits all type of word that the sant singh khalsa types seem to imply...
Love and Gurparsaad Jios
Jarnail Singh:tablakudi:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I'd like to ask in person rather than a phone call.

So, you think you will get a different answer if asking in person ??

Well, that can only mean that there must be more than one answer.
But you are doubting wether an honest answer is given by way of phone??
A true answer would be the same wether it's phone,fax,email or in person.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
So, you think you will get a different answer if asking in person ??

Well, that can only mean that there must be more than one answer.
But you are doubting wether an honest answer is given by way of phone??
A true answer would be the same wether it's phone,fax,email or in person.
Luckysingh ji we are all different. Reading from Kamala ji's posts it appears she is a "Convincer" rather than "acceptor". To me the fake exercise and question simply is to irritate and she will not change her mind no matter what anyone says even when she approaches such who have the authority to give specific answers? She prepresents a train with two engines, one on each end. The issue is the Engines in all honesty are not supportive of each others actions, albeit Hindu/Sikh adherency. So they pull the train in opposite directions and she is stuck. One day the train will break and she will know the direction of movement then depending on which wrecked part of the train she is riding having been party to the wrecking scenario through her own choosing, she could possibly start rebuilding a sense of direction.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
But from what I have seen, the Guru ji wanted us to be Sanatan; Tat Khalsa was founded after.

Unfortunately Sikhism does not work like that.

The Guru's enshrined the concept of Guru Grant and Guru Paanth. Basically, the Guru and teachings come from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and rulings and edicts come collectively from the Guru's Paanth.

Therefore if all the Sikhs collectively decided we wish to follow the Tat Khalsa way, they that is the direction all Sikhs collectively as the Paath will follow. Even Guru Gobind Sikh ji bowed to the will of his Paanth!!!, so it is irrelevant which path the Guru's wish to follow. The Paanth collectively has decided and that is what we will follow.

Sections that do not follow the will of the Paanth tend to form sects eg Namdharia etc.

http://sikhinstitute.org/g_g_g_p/ch09(gs).htm

http://sikhinstitute.org/g_g_g_p/ch13(js).htm

Last edited:

justosh

SPNer
Jun 2, 2008
London
But from what I have seen, the Guru ji wanted us to be Sanatan; Tat Khalsa was founded after.

okay this maybe true...... but really ask your-self why did Guru ji create a whole new philosophy, a whole new image, a whole new worship place, new scripture, why did he travel far and wide to teach this..... when he could have left it they way it is.... because that is the essence of Sanatan is.

if you still do not believe me.....
why is our Amrit Ceremony (baptism) COMPLETELY different and has NO links to Hinduism?

Why is our Kirtan (praises) have NOTHING to do with Hinduism, (plus i really VERY HIGHLY doubt someone would change Guru Granth Ji, because why did they not remove the Muslim saints bani? (E.G. bhagat Farid/bhagat kabir))

And Why did he say NO RITUALS? for that is core of Hinduism...... futher more why are there no direct teaching from the Vedas?....... yes i know Guru talks about it....... but there are no direct teaching from there

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
kanwaljit ji..Sanatan "SIKHI" does Exist but dont "beleive" in it theory jives with the argument...of existence/but not beleiving In.. devis and devtas...all 33 KROR of them.... Same TREE..same ROOT..different branches...a tree no doubt BUT NOT the One that GURU NANAK PLANTED...

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
okay this maybe true...... but really ask your-self why did Guru ji create a whole new philosophy, a whole new image, a whole new worship place, new scripture, why did he travel far and wide to teach this..... when he could have left it they way it is.... because that is the essence of Sanatan is.

if you still do not believe me.....
why is our Amrit Ceremony (baptism) COMPLETELY different and has NO links to Hinduism?

Why is our Kirtan (praises) have NOTHING to do with Hinduism, (plus i really VERY HIGHLY doubt someone would change Guru Granth Ji, because why did they not remove the Muslim saints bani? (E.G. bhagat Farid/bhagat kabir))

And Why did he say NO RITUALS? for that is core of Hinduism...... futher more why are there no direct teaching from the Vedas?....... yes i know Guru talks about it....... but there are no direct teaching from there

If you know anything about Amrit it was first taken from the churning of the milk ocean (Hinduism). I'm not saying that the religion is Hinduism, I just am saying that there are some things in that relate to it, rather than abrahamic. The muslims saints that are in bani are obviously correct, but you don't see many of them because most aren't like that. Their fore fathers fought and killed our ancestors. Also Kirtan is from Sanatan as well, look up Bhajan/Kirtan.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM