• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Post From A Different Forum On Tat Khalsa/Sanatan Sikhism

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Your observation is correct.
Is it not important to know what is what and why to know about the real truth being conveyed in Gurbanee.?
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji/Bhagat Singh ji I believe we need to watch our posting to keep spn good or even help make spn better. There is a whole thread dedicated to this as well as how this was resolved given the trappings being re-ignited here. Please have some courtesy to keep threads clean as you are not neophytes at spn. Here is the thread,

Just a humble suggestion to remember threads even while wandering other threads.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Bhagat Singh ji thanks.

I have posed for you the following two videos as the key word is (mast). So that we cover all angles of Sihari/Bihari one video uses (masti). So enjoy and explain to us how mast/masti means "intoxicated". I know you use what Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa ji translated, I find it refreshinh to check by self and then decide to follow or not follow and correct,

Masti Bhara Hai Sama - Raj Kapoor, Mala Sinha, Parvarish Song (duet)
Masti Bhara Hai Sama - Raj Kapoor, Mala Sinha, Parvarish Song (duet) - YouTube

Tu Cheez.Badi Hai Mast-Mohra
Tu Cheez.Badi Hai Mast-Mohra - YouTube

You are just creating a confusion making use of DEVNAGRI script.
I may correct you here
The first word is MASTee (With Bihari) not with Sihari as you have wronly written in english.
In the second song the word has been used MUST.MUST not mere MUST alone.
Now the meanings in the first line is MUSTee BHARA ...Lilled by intoxication
and in the second the meaning is MUST.MUST..Intoxicating..intoxicating
a word like hip hip.hip.

Now you can apply this for understanding of Gurbanee.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
You are just creating a confusion making use of DEVNAGRI script. I may correct you here

The first word is MASTee (With Bihari) not with Sihari as you have wronly written in english.
  • I wrote Sihari/Bihari to show what triviality people focus on versus common usage and layman language used in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji so all could understand and not just the elite or scholars like yourself. I know what Bihari is and how it is used in Masti
ਮਸਤਿਆ । ਮਸਤ । ਮਸਤੀ

• None of the above require and state you to be intoxicated
  • Now the meanings in the first line is MUSTee BHARA ...Lilled by intoxication

• and in the second the meaning is MUST.MUST..Intoxicating..intoxicating
Sorry wrong again Prakash. S. Bagga ji. Intoxication or intoxicated imply taking something in and the affects of such.

I was trying to explain to you and Bhagat Singh ji that for a state of "Mast" or "Masti" intoxication is not necessary or used in the sabad that he got the line out of and I quoted in full.

EXAMPLE: A child could be doing own thing and it will be stated, :Busy in own thing/"Apney kum wich mast"; so on.

This is why translated "Intoxicated elephant" is a mis-translation that Bhagat Singh veer was using.

You may want to review again the Sabad I posted.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
L0l I still did not get a answer about the murtis..
Kamala ji sometimes reality bites Eh! May be no body felt it was worth responding to. May be you want to rephrase your post to create excitement and involvement and a subject that people can comment on. Perhaps read other posts too, may be it is covered in one of these.

Good luck for the next five minutes. I am sure you will be able to make few one line posts and then come back and complain as to nobody responded in a few days. Prove me wrong please!:mundabhangra:

Sat Sri Akal.

Apr 11, 2007
Parma ji
You seem to have an obsession with Bin Laden and Iranians- all looking like sikhs because they have turbans and beards!!
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to say.
Being a sikh, there is no way one could mistake themselves for being a taliban.
This forum can't be funded by Iranians. Maybe Iraqis, Saddams lot, would make more sense!!!!!He had more disposable cash.

Brother I am obsessed with the truth. All I want is to get to the bottom of it, before the madness destroy's Sikhism. Look at sikhism now, so many dera's so much Fakeness. Brother do you know the people that destroyed Maharaja Ranjit Singh's Raj Where Sikhs maybe singhs. They back stab each other and no one knows where the truth lies which will have a knock on effect in the faith as well as it is doing now! In Saudia Arabia, Right where Islam is the bedrock of mecca, do you see there dress code, why dont they dress as the Iranians. Brother I stress to you look at the wider picture these small minded rocks want to keep you as a rock it is easier to smash you that way!:interestedmunda:

How deluded are you people, you trust the same sikhs and singhs that bought down the Sikh kingdom, Now you trust them with your Faith? No wonder, its a mess!

I have said my piece what will be will be!

Sat Siri Akal!

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
The flag elements of Israel, Iran and and Khalsa,

Israel-iran_flags.jpg

IMG_8039-2005.jpg

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Brother I am obsessed with the truth. All I want is to get to the bottom of it, before the madness destroy's Sikhism. Look at sikhism now, so many dera's so much Fakeness. Brother do you know the people that destroyed Maharaja Ranjit Singh's Raj Where Sikhs maybe singhs. They back stab each other and no one knows where the truth lies which will have a knock on effect in the faith as well as it is doing now! In Saudia Arabia, Right where Islam is the bedrock of mecca, do you see there dress code, why dont they dress as the Iranians. Brother I stress to you look at the wider picture these small minded rocks want to keep you as a rock it is easier to smash you that way!:interestedmunda:

How deluded are you people, you trust the same sikhs and singhs that bought down the Sikh kingdom, Now you trust them with your Faith? No wonder, its a mess!

I have said my piece what will be will be!

Sat Siri Akal!

There is a saying "Truth usually hurts" that is why people avoid knowing the Truth.

Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
There is a saying "Truth usually hurts" that is why people avoid knowing the Truth.

Prakash.s.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji please post the truth. Forget about personalities and hurting. Let us discuss. It is for the good of Sikhism, the future generations, etc. Let it be "Nirmal"/pure as it can be.

Sat Sri Akal.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Ambarsaria ji,
Recall the story of Bhai Bachittar Singh who took on a Mast Hathi in the Battle of Anandpur. This was no special breed of elephant or elephant who had watched bollywood songs :D. The way to get a Hathi mast is to feed it alcohol. Then you ride it into battle and because it's mast, it is becomes more comfortable with killing things in its path. Every war elephant was made intoxicated so it killed more.
Masti does not require intoxicants but a mast hathi is one who is intoxicated.

Guru Sahibs says the intellect is like this mast/intoxicated hathi in action (ਮਤਾਗਲੁ ਮਤਾ). The drunken elephant kills and destroys; the elephant thinks it is ok to do so. So anything that comes out of the intellect is like the action of the intoxicated elephant, a sin, a mistake, is erroneous and false.

One wonders is the intellect naturally like a drunk elephant or does something intoxicate it? Both. What intoxicates the intellect? The answer is Maya. The intellect for many people is entirely dependent on maya. The intellect cannot exist without maya. Afterall, if they are to bring something into their intellect, if they are to comtemplate, they must contemplate something, some object, some concept, some idea, etc. The intellect is entangled in such things. Once the intellect learns to exist without dependency on some concept, thought, or object then it is said to be sober. Once it untangles itself, then it ceases to be a drunken elephant.

Apr 11, 2007
"I will make sparrows hunt down hawks;
I will turn jackals into fierce lions;
And I will make one single honest soul's fight a legion."

I NEVER FEAR THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So say's my guru's vachaan! :happymunda:

Aug 28, 2010
The thing I wonder is, why would the murtis even be in HariMandir in the first place...

The question is wheher there was any Murtis in HariMandir at the time of
GuRu Arjan Dev Ji?
You must be knowing GuRu Arjan Dev ji Founded HariMandir himself and
Every one nows there were no Murtis that time.
If the Murtis are kept after wards by those people having control over HariMandir Sahib ji then one can definitely think this act as deliberately done to undermine the significance of the sacred place founded by 5th
Nanak.
I think now you should be clear in your question and find the truth about the Murtis in HariMandir Sahib ji.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Apr 11, 2007
The question is wheher there was any Murtis in HariMandir at the time of
GuRu Arjan Dev Ji?
You must be knowing GuRu Arjan Dev ji Founded HariMandir himself and
Every one nows there were no Murtis that time.
If the Murtis are kept after wards by those people having control over HariMandir Sahib ji then one can definitely think this act as deliberately done to undermine the significance of the sacred place founded by 5th
Nanak.
I think now you should be clear in your question and find the truth about the Murtis in HariMandir Sahib ji.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Mr Bagga ji. Although you have thanked me a few times in posts and you probably agree with some of my comments. What has murti's got to do with sikhism. That is some hindu approach. My approach is soley independant solely for the truth nothing more or less. Simple.

Carry on with whatever you feel!:angryyoungsingh:Only the truth will last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Mr Bagga ji. Although you have thanked me a few times in posts and you probably agree with some of my comments. What has murti's got to do with sikhism. That is some hindu approach. My approach is soley independant solely for the truth nothing more or less. Simple.

Carry on with whatever you feel!:angryyoungsingh:Only the truth will last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ,PARMAji there is great significance of MURATI which itself is THE TRUTH only.We have failed to recognise this MURATi............
I dont know if you have any other TRUTH .?
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ambarsaria ji,
Recall the story of Bhai Bachittar Singh who took on a Mast Hathi in the Battle of Anandpur. This was no special breed of elephant or elephant who had watched bollywood songs :D. The way to get a Hathi mast is to feed it alcohol. Then you ride it into battle and because it's mast, it is becomes more comfortable with killing things in its path. Every war elephant was made intoxicated so it killed more.
Masti does not require intoxicants but a mast hathi is one who is intoxicated.

Guru Sahibs says the intellect is like this mast/intoxicated hathi in action (ਮਤਾਗਲੁ ਮਤਾ). The drunken elephant kills and destroys; the elephant thinks it is ok to do so. So anything that comes out of the intellect is like the action of the intoxicated elephant, a sin, a mistake, is erroneous and false.

One wonders is the intellect naturally like a drunk elephant or does something intoxicate it? Both. What intoxicates the intellect? The answer is Maya. The intellect for many people is entirely dependent on maya. The intellect cannot exist without maya. Afterall, if they are to bring something into their intellect, if they are to comtemplate, they must contemplate something, some object, some concept, some idea, etc. The intellect is entangled in such things. Once the intellect learns to exist without dependency on some concept, thought, or object then it is said to be sober. Once it untangles itself, then it ceases to be a drunken elephant.
Veer Bhagat Singh ji thanks for your explanation.

Let me explain. When I read the banner line in your profile, I right away thought that someone has tried to link the translation or done the translation having known the following,

bachittar-singh-tmb.jpg

Obviously Guru Nanak Dev ji did not have the same exact picture in mind, but not for me to say.

Issues with translations, me included is the coloring of our own thoughts that shows up. Sometimes it is positive, sometimes it is neutral and other times negative. So when you posted the Sabad reference I reviewed the Sabad it immediately became clear that it referred to a state of mind and that "Intoxicated" is a very bad word to use for the essence of the sabad pangati.

Hence the clarification posts that followed. Hope you have recognized by now that "mast" does not imply or mean "intoxicated". Trust me there has probably been billions of "mast" elephants that had such states without being intoxicated. M
asaṯ (ਮਸਤੁ ਮਸਤ) is an engrossed, joyful, unperturbed state of being versus the generally foolish and stupidity assigned to those intoxicated, "as per the common usage" of this word in the English language.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM