• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Pauri 6 Paudi-6-Jap JI Sahib-Interpretation

ax0547

SPNer
Oct 19, 2008
Interpretation Of Paudi-6

Paudi –6 and English Translation.

ਜੇਤੀ ਸਿਰਠਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਵੇਖਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਲਈ All the created beings, that I behold, without good acts what are they given and what do they obtain?

2. ਜੇਤੀ ਸਿਰਠਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਵੇਖਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਲਈ
The entire creation that I see gets nothing without Karmas and what would one get without Karmas.

[ The entire beings of the creation receives as per their karmas. No one is beyond this divine Law of the lord. In both the above two lines there is appreciation of the Lord, the creator, the causes of all causes and the architect of the destiny. The lines bring out the sheer helplessness of the creatures and the mortals. In bani the creatures and their helplessness has been stated at more than one places.)
Sikh80;72961[/FONT said:
Why isn't this Karma's meaning - blessings that makes more sense with pauri's before i.e. if everything is in hukam, then vin karma(blessings) ke mile lai.

bul chuk maaf!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
pk70 ji

The same confusion is happening in the thread about Pauree 4. The karam is blessings as you say -- as in pooran karam. Hope my spelling is right. I was wondering myself where the idea of "karma" came into the discussion since no one had recently brought it up. It is not related to the context of the shabad. That is what ax0547 was objecting to as well.

ax0547

SPNer
Oct 19, 2008
pk70 ji

The same confusion is happening in the thread about Pauree 4. The karam is blessings as you say -- as in pooran karam. Hope my spelling is right. I was wondering myself where the idea of "karma" came into the discussion since no one had recently brought it up. It is not related to the context of the shabad. That is what ax0547 was objecting to as well.
all this discussion is because of sant sikh's online tranlations leads on into thinking big time that theory of karma and reincarnation is accepted in sikhsim and these shabads are given as example. event sant singh translates as such. It might be that reincarnation is accepted, but not form the quotes until now and I doubt in future.
only reason they translate as karma and reincarnation is because they have supposition of as such.

ax0547

SPNer
Oct 19, 2008
ਜੇ ਜੁਗ ਚਾਰੇ ਆਰਜਾ ਹੋਰ ਦਸੂਣੀ ਹੋਇ
Even if you could live throughout the four ages, or even ten times more,

ਨਵਾ ਖੰਡਾ ਵਿਚਿ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਨਾਲਿ ਚਲੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ
and even if you were known throughout the nine continents and followed by all,

ਚੰਗਾ ਨਾਉ ਰਖਾਇ ਕੈ ਜਸੁ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਜਗਿ ਲੇਇ
with a good name and reputation, with praise and fame throughout the world-

ਜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਆਵਈ ਵਾਤ ਪੁਛੈ ਕੇ
still, if the Lord does not bless you with His Glance of Grace, then who cares? What is the use?

ਕੀਟਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੀਟੁ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸੀ ਦੋਸੁ ਧਰੇ
Among worms, you would be considered a lowly worm, and even contemptible sinners would hold you in contempt.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਰਗੁਣਿ ਗੁਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਗੁਣਵੰਤਿਆ ਗੁਣੁ ਦੇ
O Nanak, God blesses the unworthy with virtue, and bestows virtue on the virtuous.

ਤੇਹਾ ਕੋਇ ਸੁਝਈ ਜਿ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਕੋਇ ਕਰੇ ॥੭॥
No one can even imagine anyone who can bestow virtue upon Him. ||7||

Last edited by a moderator:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
pk70 ji

aad0002 Jio,

questions ar raised without any base; if karmee, is taken only as "His Blessings" it still fits well in this context but" Karmee" as deed, raises questions. Example
All what we see, only we get through His blessings( or we cannot get without His grace) It makes pretty good sense.
Now deeds
With good deeds we get what we see.
How is it right?
How you can get a lot of just by doing good deeds. Guru ji only wants you to follow a dominating idea, to be in love with HIM, work hard and do not worry. Do not become victom of "trishna( longing/desires) Karmee, if taken for blessings, it suits well.
Hope I have made clear how I take the meaning instead of going against any one.
:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
forum members,

RE: Post # 5-- The official language of SPN is English. Posts in Gurmukhi only exlcude members who cannot read Gurmukhi. Minimum request is to post either Ang or Panna of the shabad. Otherwise I will have to go back and add the shabad in transliteration and English. Thank you. aad0002

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Dear Members: Please be aware that audience here at SPN is also from readers, who have no background on reading/understanding in Gurumukhi or Punjabi language. So, being a responsible member, please avoid posting in Gurumukhi/Punjabi only text in your posts. Most importantly, while posting Gurbani, it is mandatory to post the Ang No. (Page/Panna No.), so that members can read the English version as well. Everybody is expected to adhere to this instruction without fail. Thank you!!

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

What effort humans have done for
Energy
Space
Water
Air
Land
when we connect to higher awareness, survival Instincts beyond our biological parents. We Become aware nature is feeding us, for survival. For survival we don't need any efforts ie creating above

We have done no.effort in making of organs, senses etc.. ie our hardware and software program.
. Nature has well taken care of survival.

We have done lot of effort for filling active memory with language, professional learning at.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,
Contemplation of this steps
Age doesn't matter one may have lived four tugs and even ten times more.
Reputation doesn't matter One may get famed in all seven continents air and water space where life exists.
And have reputation of Name. Ie
Without Inner Awareness Hoyga Vada how One serves that brings repute Nature is serving for survival of all. No one will come because of age name or repute.
Like Low worms have five vices so do humans have.
Says Nanak, Those with no virtues, Inner awareness brings virtues, and those who are virtuous get more
. But Still from where and How One Virtues it remains a puzzle for Mind. In next steps this puzzle get resolve.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
WAHEGURU JI KI Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
ਜੇ ਜੁਗ ਚਾਰੇ ਆਰਜਾ ਹੋਰ ਦਸੂਣੀ ਹੋਇ ॥

Make Araz ie Span of four yugs for age like at present its 1 year for Birthday and one has lived ten times more.

This is to reflect that Age Doesnt Matter Spiritual wisdom will not come with old age.

ਨਵਾ ਖੰਡਾ ਵਿਚਿ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਨਾਲਿ ਚਲੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ ॥
Seven Continents Air and Water where the life is present. One is positioned to oversee. In all the realms where life exists and everyone accompanies.

ਚੰਗਾ ਨਾਉ ਰਖਾਇ ਕੈ ਜਸੁ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਜਗਿ ਲੇਇ ॥
Reputation Name Fame is there.

ਜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਆਵਈ ਤ ਵਾਤ ਨ ਪੁਛੈ ਕੇ ॥
But still if One is unaware from where the Life has come to such a Person with repute and long age.

At end no one will come whether that One us breathing or not.

ਕੀਟਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੀਟੁ ਕਰਿ ਦੋਸੀ ਦੋਸੁ ਧਰੇ ॥

One as a Worm who is unaware and has worm of vices is there

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਰਗੁਣਿ ਗੁਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਗੁਣਵੰਤਿਆ ਗੁਣੁ ਦੇ ॥

NANAK SAYS It imparts virtues to One with no virtues at all and more virtues to virtuos.

ਤੇਹਾ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਸੁਝਈ ਜਿ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਣੁ ਕੋਇ ਕਰੇ ॥੭॥
But from virtues are there it remains a puzzle.
Resolve win next step

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM