• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Panesar Eyes England Call After Signing New Contract

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
England cricketer Monty Panesar has said he hopes to get back in England's Test team as well as continuing to perform well for his county, after signing a new three-year extension to his Sussex contract.

Luton-born Panesar, the first Sikh to play for England, said he was delighted the county had been so keen to keep him on, stating: "I aim to repay their faith by continuing my good form in all formats of the game whilst also improving my chances of reclaiming my place in the England side."

Those enjoying corporate hospitality at Trent Bridge may be keen to see if the left-arm spinner gets a game for his country there, as it was on that ground that he took his first five-wicket Test haul in 2006 against Sri Lanka.
Trent Bridge is also the home ground of the world's highest-ranked spinner Graeme Swann, but the winter series against Pakistan in the UAE and away to Sri Lanka may see England field two slow bowlers on turning pitches.

By Ted Walker

http://www.keithprowse.co.uk/news/panesar_eyes_england_call_after_signing_new_contract/01214.aspx

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: