• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Ouija Board

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Which spirits are able to be communicated with this board?

What happens if you do not believe in spirits. ghosts, demons or imps?

Half of the children in North America 40 years ago had the same question when on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, Bullwinkle said, Hear ye, hear ye, The spirits are about to speak. And Rocky asked, Are they friendly spirits?

That just happens to be one of the bumpers that I cannot find on YouTube but I looked. However, if you don't know Rocky and Bullwinkle, here is the original theme song

Rocky and Bullwinkle Opening Theme - YouTube

Last edited:

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
There was a time in my life when I dabbled in the Occult. I don't suggest it. Nothing terrible happened. It just introduced an unpleasant weirdness factor into my life that I didn't like.

And, it felt really un-Sikh to me. Better to avoid. Better to listen to kirtan and read Gurbani and do simran.

And eat ice cream. :icecreamkaur:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
There was a time in my life when I dabbled in a wierd cult, they call them the bullshittas, they were big on bullshittism and they worshiped the chief bullshitta, Constipate II. I don't suggest it. Nothing terrible happened. It just introduced an unpleasant weirdness factor into my life that I didn't like.

Abneet

SPNer
Apr 7, 2013
There was a time in my life when I dabbled in the Occult. I don't suggest it. Nothing terrible happened. It just introduced an unpleasant weirdness factor into my life that I didn't like.

And, it felt really un-Sikh to me. Better to avoid. Better to listen to kirtan and read Gurbani and do simran.

And eat ice cream. :icecreamkaur:

Unpleasant weirdness factors like........

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Unpleasant weirdness factors like........

Not easy to explain. A very slight feeling of unreality, as if the world just isn't quite real. A sort of fogginess of thought and feeling.

A sort of apprehension, as if something was about to happen, but it never did.

All of this was just at the limit of perception, nothing at all concrete. It could have all been imagination. Who knows? I certainly don't. I do know that I didn't feel comfortable with it and when I stopped the occult stuff, it went away.

Although now, writing about it, I feel some of the same discomfort.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Not easy to explain. A very slight feeling of unreality, as if the world just isn't quite real. A sort of fogginess of thought and feeling.

A sort of apprehension, as if something was about to happen, but it never did.

All of this was just at the limit of perception, nothing at all concrete. It could have all been imagination. Who knows? I certainly don't. I do know that I didn't feel comfortable with it and when I stopped the occult stuff, it went away.

Although now, writing about it, I feel some of the same discomfort.

Yep, I know what you mean !
It causes more separation and your sinking into Duality.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
What happens if you don't believe in Poison and eat it.
Or you don't believe in Guns and stand in the way of the bullet?

Not the best analogy, guns and poison can be seen, can be felt, they have a physical presence, spirits and demons cannot be seen, cannot be felt and do not have a physical presence.

Secondly, I am a Sikh, so I believe only in Akal Purakh, I think the only problem I would have with an ouija board is possibly dying of boredom.

It is a huge pity that whilst Sikhs were dying to free Mother India, from various third parties, no one had the bright idea to direct all these spirits at the invaders, it could have saved many Sikhs from dying and being imprisoned.Maybe the British/Muslims occupiers had a bigger board? Maybe our Hindu compadres did not use a spell strong enough,

If rituals being you closer to Creator, according to some religions, then I guess rituals can take you away too, my take, its all in the mind.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Abneet ji

I am noticing an interesting dynamic unfolding on this thread. A dynamic that is common when an adolescent raises an issue that older folks prefer to avoid because it makes them uncomfortable or they flatly disapprove.

Let me start with a story from my own youth. A pop singer named Elvis Presley was extremely popular, particularly with adolescent girls, who lost all sense of themselves when he performed. He swiveled from the hips as he played his guitar down low and the sexual messages were unmistakable. Adults responded in scripted ways: either religious horror and outrage, or mocking him with imitations and buffoonery, or getting serious and trying to take a logical approach, or befriending the subject by reminiscing about their own chidhoods. Of course, none of this worked; Elvis Presley remained a source of female hysteria even after his death from the complications of drug abuse, and even as his fans became overweight, wrinkled middle-age women. Their passion continued.

Adolescents can manipulate adults by being consistent: insisting on sticking with the topic until the adults are worn out and give up or get angry and lose their cool. So in truth someone here ought to ask you a few questions.

On the one hand you have been very interested in the symbols of Sikhi. On the other hand you express interest in something that falls outside the boundaries of Sikhi. Would you clear this up? And here you are posting on a Sikh forum. Exactly why do you have an interest in Ouija boards? What do you enjoy about discussing Ouija boards?

Attachments

• elvispresley.png
    elvispresley.png
    114.1 KB · Reads: 216
Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
What happens if you don't believe in Poison and eat it.
Or you don't believe in Guns and stand in the way of the bullet?

Heoric ji

The questions are built around the logical fallacy of the "undistributed middle." Written in question form the fallacy is not obvious. What is obvious is Of Course poison and bullets may kill you under certain circumstances. The undistributed middle is the missing assumption, the one you leave out if your intent is to promote a fallacy. I.e., that Ouija boards are dangerous in the same way as poison or guns, if they are dangerous at all.

If a thinker reasons that Ouija boards are not dangerous then the questions are kind of silly.

If a person assumes that Ouija boards are powerful enough to be dangerous, then the questions are convincing enough to cause an over-reaction to an untested belief. So far all the testimonies of feeling really uncomfortable around Ouija boards have been personal testimonies that can be explained via the psychology of the individual having those feelings, including the fear of losing control.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
WJKKWJKF

Is not there something in the Rahit Maryiada against using fortune tellers and the like??

:singhfacepalm:
let us be clear Joginderji, that is not because they work, it is because they are a huge waste of time, effort and misplaced devotion. Maybe it should be clearer, all fortune tellers, mystics, sants, babas, if these people truly had any powers, why is it that they always choose the cash hungry fraudster?

Why is £5 so important to a fortune teller who promises me great riches?

Ouija boards, tarot, mediums are to be avoided, not because of ghosts and spirits, but because of the sheer damage that faith in the dark side creates, yes, there is a dark consonance, a consonance and connection with all that is base, all that is dark, sure it brings 'powers' more a heightened sense of perception in order to gain a result, that the result can be good or bad depends on what you are in consonance with, the human brain is hugely powerful, given the correct circumstances it can be in tune with your destiny, or your downfall, if you wish to use these powers to connect with the dark side, then an ouja board spelling out the future is merely drunken milk to a statue.

I am not saying that playing with ouja boards brings on evil spirits to dance to your tune, I am saying that such only results in an inability to connect with someone thing good, and instead connect with something bad, within yourself, the ghosts and spirits live inside you, you are communicating not with an aged and powerful ghost, but with the dark side that lives inside all of us.Can this be used to further feed the drunken elephant inside, absolutely, are there consequences? Of course! There is always a payback messing with the dark side, and its not some goblin waving his wand, its the lack of connection with the supreme, the lack of good seeds being planted resulting in a plethora of weeds, and then life becomes very hard, wading through the weeds, being in debt, being unloved, being alone, and then you stop, and you look around, and you want to blame the goblin, the bad goblin that punished you and took away your life, when in fact all along it was yourself, being badly led, making bad decisions, bad choices, acting badly, drunk with power and vision, fighting for that feeling of power and energy, but using it only for the self. So the bills come in, the cars break down, and soon enough you find yourself in hell, your partner leaves, takes the kids, the house gets snatched back, your homeless, broke, alone, and whose fault is it? yeah, the goblin, curse those damn evil spirits.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
SpnAdminji, I'm a serious Elvis fan and he wasn't just a pop singer !!
Infact, dedicated fans like me who visit Gracelands as a rock n roll pilgrimage are regarded as belonging to the Church of Elvis :winkingmunda:
Eh ehn eeunh ! (have a close look at the man in my avatar!)

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
let us be clear Joginderji, that is not because they work, it is because they are a huge waste of time, effort and misplaced devotion. Maybe it should be clearer, all fortune tellers, mystics, sants, babas, if these people truly had any powers, why is it that they always choose the cash hungry fraudster?

Ouija boards, tarot, mediums are to be avoided, not because of ghosts and spirits, but because of the sheer damage that faith in the dark side creates, yes, there is a dark consonance, a consonance and connection with all that is base, all that is dark, sure it brings 'powers' more a heightened sense of perception in order to gain a result, that the result can be good or bad depends on what you are in consonance with, the human brain is hugely powerful, given the correct circumstances it can be in tune with your destiny, or your downfall, if you wish to use these powers to connect with the dark side, then an ouja board spelling out the future is merely drunken milk to a statue.

I am not saying that playing with ouja boards brings on evil spirits to dance to your tune, I am saying that such only results in an inability to connect with someone thing good, and instead connect with something bad, within yourself, the ghosts and spirits live inside you, you are communicating not with an aged and powerful ghost, but with the dark side that lives inside all of us.Can this be used to further feed the drunken elephant inside, absolutely, are there consequences? Of course! There is always a payback messing with the dark side, and its not some goblin waving his wand, its the lack of connection with the supreme, the lack of good seeds being planted resulting in a plethora of weeds, and then life becomes very hard, wading through the weeds, being in debt, being unloved, being alone, and then you stop, and you look around, and you want to blame the goblin, the bad goblin that punished you and took away your life, when in fact all along it was yourself, being badly led, making bad decisions, bad choices, acting badly, drunk with power and vision, fighting for that feeling of power and energy, but using it only for the self. So the bills come in, the cars break down, and soon enough you find yourself in hell, your partner leaves, takes the kids, the house gets snatched back, your homeless, broke, alone, and whose fault is it? yeah, the goblin, curse those damn evil spirits.

Excellent explanation Harryji !!

Even I can't accept or admit that such spirits exist even though I have witnessed the Ouija board with my very own eyes with the glass moving and everything!!!
This Duality of going into the darkness can suck you in very fast and you are correct, it's the 'distance' from the Truth/God/Waheguru that you create that makes your dark experiences part of your own world !

My advice- Don't waste time with such activities. You will never, I mean NEVER EVER look back and be glad that you participated in such acts that distance yourself even further from the True Lord and his True Creation.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
SpnAdminji, I'm a serious Elvis fan and he wasn't just a pop singer !!
Infact, dedicated fans like me who visit Gracelands as a rock n roll pilgrimage are regarded as belonging to the Church of Elvis :winkingmunda:
Eh ehn eeunh ! (have a close look at the man in my avatar!)

Quoted for Truth lucky ji

I thought your avatar was Lawrence of Arabia. I am too polite to question decisions like that. Thanks for clearing it up.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA

Be careful, Harry, or I shall find myself calling you brilliant and where will that leave us?

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
WJKKWJKF

Harryji that sounds like you used to believe what politicians say I used to be a member of that cult myself about 35 years ago then I finished my Engineering degree and with the enhanced analytical skills that it gave me I stopped believing in politicians and bullshitists though its clear to anyone who's IQ gets above their shoesize they are the same thing

:winkingsingh:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM