• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

NRI Pays Lakhs For Divorce

Jan 1, 2010
NRI pays lakhs for divorce
Investigation into the fake divorce case involving an NRI engineer who was ar-rested on Tuesday evening along with his parents at Chinnamathampalayam near here has uncovered a thriving racket in the judiciary wherein divorces can be obtained without following any of the court rules for a price. Mr V.B. Sivakumar (36), who was arrested for obtaining a fake divorce from his first wife and remarrying a local girl recently, had reportedly paid two local advocates several lakhs to arrange for the divorce.

“Sivakumar was in Coi-mbatore earlier this year when he came in contact with an advocate who had promised to get him a div-orce by producing two fake persons for a sum of around Rs 5 lakh,” a police officer said. After striking the deal with the advocates, Mr Sivakumar left for Austra-lia while his parents Mr V.K. Balaraman and Mr B. Leelavathi, coordinated with the two advocates. Both lawyers are currently absconding. “While a normal divorce case by mutual consent costs just a few thousand rupees, the huge money transaction between Sivakumar and the advocates clearly exposes that several people are involved in this fraud,” a senior police officer added. “More arrests are likely. We will know the full details only when the absconding advocates are nabbed.”

The fraud came to light after Sivakumar’s first wi-fe, Ms Swarnalatha from Varadarajapuram found out on social networking site Facebook that he had remarried. Upon approac-hing the local police, Ms Swarnalatha, who works in Singapore, found that the accused had obtained a divorce certificate without her knowledge. The police then launched a hunt for the accused who was arrested along with his parents from a relative’s home.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/cities/regions/coimbatore/nri-pays-lakhs-divorce-785
Rajneesh Madhok

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
rajneesh madhok ji you cannot be living such a sheltered life :interestedmunda:

Fake marriages, fake Visas, fake education programs, fake certificates, fake degrees, fake children, fake Ghee, fake Khoya, Lok Pal Bill (Fake implementation :mundaviolin: ), ...................

Fake is the trend my friend. lol. Perhaps will become one of the key export items too! No question about the self sufficiency of the country in this aspect.

Strange thing is it still keeps going in spite of it all. Imagine if there was no fake, it could be heaven on earth.

Take care.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
SPNadminji, delete at your pleasure,

Germany produced a thin sliver of glass, so thin, it could hardly be seen, it was a technical miracle, they gave it to the US, the US then managed to drill a hole through it, there was much praise for the two countries, it was a feat of engineering, it was then given to India, to see what India could manage with it, it was returned to the US with the following words lasered on it

'Made in India'

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
SPNadminji, delete at your pleasure,

Germany produced a thin sliver of glass, so thin, it could hardly be seen, it was a technical miracle, they gave it to the US, the US then managed to drill a hole through it, there was much praise for the two countries, it was a feat of engineering, it was then given to India, to see what India could manage with it, it was returned to the US with the following words lasered on it

'Made in India'

My take on your remarks.... in answer to your challenge. All we have to do is change the name of the country from India to US or to Germany, etc. etc., tweak a few details, and it makes no difference. The story could, does happen, is happening in the US in another guise These stories abound. They abound daily on facebook. So your comment seems relevant enough to stay unscathed. :)

p/s I really do not like India bashing any more than I like US bashing... so I do reflect before giving a reply.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Pardon my ignorance but I can not make any sense about the news article posted by Rajneesh Madhok ji. If divorces are cheaper to get, then why would someone pay a fortune to make it a fraudulent thing?

Who gains from this?

May be I am missing something.

Tejwant Singh

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Pardon my ignorance but I can not make any sense about the news article posted by Rajneesh Madhok ji. If divorces are cheaper to get, then why would someone pay a fortune to make it a fraudulent thing?

Who gains from this?

Tejwant Singh

Tejwantji,

I think you have to pay a fortune these days if you want a divorce, but do not want your wife to know about it

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Who gains from this?

Tejwant Singh
Veer Tejwant Singh ji I believe they are cheap to get if both parties agree. Many times they don't so this would perhaps still be a bargain with so many lacs versus what you have to pay in settlement otherwise.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
My take on your remarks.... in answer to your challenge. All we have to do is change the name of the country from India to US or to Germany, etc. etc., tweak a few details, and it makes no difference. The story could, does happen, is happening in the US in another guise These stories abound. They abound daily on facebook. So your comment seems relevant enough to stay unscathed. :)

p/s I really do not like India bashing any more than I like US bashing... so I do reflect before giving a reply.

Rightly or wrongly I consider myself to be a Punjabi but not an Indian. Indians are definately 'them' not 'us'

Being born in the UK adds another angle, Im not Indian, I am not an Englishman, but even then, I hate Lassi, I can't dance, I can't do that BURRRRRRR thing (everyone close just gets a good shower), and I hate ghee, so I am possibly not a Punjabi either, which means all I am for sure is Sikh.....

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM