• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

New To Sikhi

Baby2Sikhi

SPNer
Jul 9, 2017
I am new to Sikhi, and i want to learn more about it. All I know is that it is a monotheistic way of life. But how should I go about learning more? Is there a youtube channel that I can start out with or a book to read? Thanks.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Well you have come to the right place as we have many learned Sikhs here, both who were born into it and who also came to it later in life. I am also a convert from Canada. Please have a read in the forum and look for a few members like Gyani Jarnail Singh Ji and Original Ji who have posted quite a bit.

A good place to start for basic information is www.sikhiwikki.com

Also one of my favourite sites: www.gurbani.org Which gives very in depth explanations of the spiritual knowledge in the Sikh holy Granth called Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

What is it that brought you to Sikhi? Certainly it had to be more than just that it's monotheistic? (Actually it's more pantheistic because monotheism believes in one god which is separate from creation while Sikhi teaches that we are all a part of that one and that one is part of all of us such that there is no difference except what we experience through duality or separation from that ONEness).

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM