Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

New To Sikhi

Discussion in 'New to Sikhism' started by Baby2Sikhi, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Baby2Sikhi

Baby2Sikhi United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I am new to Sikhi, and i want to learn more about it. All I know is that it is a monotheistic way of life. But how should I go about learning more? Is there a youtube channel that I can start out with or a book to read? Thanks.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Bhai Jagraj Singh (Basics Of Sikhi) Passes Away Announcements Friday at 5:25 AM
    Sikhism As The Universal Religion Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Apr 26, 2017
    Sikhism And Homosexuality Love & Marriage Apr 23, 2017
    Eating Meat In Sikhism । Reply To Avtar Singh Missionary । Sikh Voice Dasam Granth Mar 3, 2017
    Opinion It's Been A Year Since I Started Following Sikhi. Here's What I've Learned And Would Like Thoughts Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 28, 2017

3. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    Enthusiast
    Writer SPNer Thinker

Hello :)

What brings you to Sikhi?

For a brief introduction, try the Wikipedia page en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

Then we can discuss more and help you with more questions you may have.

4. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Thinker

Well you have come to the right place as we have many learned Sikhs here, both who were born into it and who also came to it later in life. I am also a convert from Canada. Please have a read in the forum and look for a few members like Gyani Jarnail Singh Ji and Original Ji who have posted quite a bit.

A good place to start for basic information is www.sikhiwikki.com

Also one of my favourite sites: www.gurbani.org Which gives very in depth explanations of the spiritual knowledge in the Sikh holy Granth called Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

What is it that brought you to Sikhi? Certainly it had to be more than just that it's monotheistic? (Actually it's more pantheistic because monotheism believes in one god which is separate from creation while Sikhi teaches that we are all a part of that one and that one is part of all of us such that there is no difference except what we experience through duality or separation from that ONEness).

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...     Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution