• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
This is my third try. I have no idea where the first two disappeared to.:confused:

I am recovering from a major stroke. I have finished one life and am starting a new one.

I grew up in a Sikh slash Catholic home. There were many inconsistencies and contradictions.:crazy:

During this time of relative physical inactivity, I am trying to resolve some of these issues.:unsure:

Now, let me post this before it disappears, too.

p_mann

SPNer
Oct 6, 2006
Hi all, im from Canada, Toronto. I am looking for information about, in Bani, somewhere in Bani, it states that Father should not take money from his daughter, can someone please guide me to the exact bani and translation.

Thanks

desikurri

SPNer
Oct 6, 2006
hi im new to this ive just registered.im at point in life where im feelin abit lost so i dunno i just came in here neway lol im 23 and well sat sri akal every1

LearningGuy

SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
Hey I'm new, I'm from Canada and I've only known a few Sikhs in my life, one of them was a pretty cool guy and funny too.

Anyway I'm just here to learn what I can about Sikhism. Maybe impress my friend lol.

reena_uk

SPNer
Oct 6, 2006
hi im new to this website and im here to learn and meet other sikh people.
ive recently been working at a university in london, and there was a freshers fair, where they had an islamic society, where there was loads of people signing up. and there i was a sikh girl by name age 23 who didnt know much about sikhism, so i took immediate action to do something about this and thought i need to be around more sikh people inorder to learn about sikhi. so here i am ready to learn.
reena

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Welcome to all new on this forum

R.K.Khanna

Welcome to this forum. I hope your knowledge about history will be of help to all here to understand various aspect of Sikh history

MAI

Welcome here on the forum !
Good Wishes for your new life after your ilness and hope SPN will prove helpful in it

p_mann

Dear Firend welcome here on this forum !

about your question , personlly I am not aware about the bani mentioning this thing
I personally think it seems more like moral issue. I will try to find it from other people here

Have a nice time here.

desikurri

Welcome here on this forum !

i think it is best time in your life to learn about Sikhism an I hope SPN proves helpful to you in this purpose

Best wishes for you life

LearningGuy

welcome dear friend to this forum

what ever may be the reason for you r inquiry about sikhism I hope SPN help you in your quest and in the process other like me on SPN get chance to learn more from yo u

reena_uk

welcome here on this forum !

what you mentioned about freshaer fair is quite common in Uk uni

if you rae interested in Sikh group like this then the good news is that there is one in UK

here isthe links , they regularly have meeting and also camps every year in summer

http://www.boss-uk.org/royal_holloway/

SSCamp 2006 is nearly here..Apply now !..Diverisity is the key !

Once again Welcome to you all on this forum !!

Jatinder Singh

simrandua

SPNer
Oct 8, 2006
sat srii akal

sat srii akal g mein simran dua punjab patiala shehar da navasi a meinu bahut khushi hoi hai aj k apne sikhism de related b kuch websites haigia te mein oh bande nu dhanwad karda jina ne eh website banani te sikhism nu dasea

jo bole so nihal sat sri akal

desikurri

SPNer
Oct 6, 2006
im from the uk.im hopin to go 2 india nxt year cos i want to know more about my faith n religion.Also due to recent circumstances i dont realy kno how to deal w ith a certain problem n i am hopin to find sum answers and peace of mind through sikhism cos i believe is a way of life.i have a little girl who is a year old and i want her to understand her faith and be proud to be who she is an respect herself and her faith.I dont feel i can teach her much as i dont know much myself so im open to any1 who sincerly wants to help me discover what sikhism means 4 me and my child.

Jul 10, 2006
Hi all, im from Canada, Toronto. I am looking for information about, in Bani, somewhere in Bani, it states that Father should not take money from his daughter, can someone please guide me to the exact bani and translation.

Thanks

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I think you are thinking of hukum # 45. "Putari da dhan bikh jananaa" from 52 Hukams(Orders) given by Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji to the Khalsa in Hazoor Sahib before leaving to Sachkand.

Read " Kalgidhaar Jee Dey Bavanja Hukam" by bhai balwinder singh

H.t.

SPNer
Oct 8, 2006
Hello all,
I am not yet Sikh, but I have grown displeased with my own religion and am hoping to find some help.
What is the Sikh cosmogony?

DjKam1

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
New Member Here!

Good Morning from here in Washington DC,

I have been viewing this forum for a while now while contemplating my parents religion (Hinduism), and have found this forum to be quite helpful, if not confusing at times.

I'm 26 and have lived a life that basically has been void of religion since I turned 18. I used to be reaaaaallly bad, lol! and you know how your parents tell you that if you are bad that they will send you to India and teach you a lesson. Well, that's what happened to me when I was 17 years old. I was tricked into going back to Punjab, but found that it was one of the most liberating experiences ever in my life. I learned the importance of respecting and appreciating the bare necessities that we take granted for, like electricity, plumbing, and socializing with females:crazy:! I came back and have learned to respect my parents and their wishes, but never really learned my religion. I have always questioned things, and with my family going to the Gurdwara as well as the temple I was even more confused.:confused:

So here I am! I have already learned a tremendous amount that my parents were unable to teach me (because of the 1st generation struggle they experience). But since I am a well educated and well employed human being I have decided to take initiative and learn a religion that I truly feel is right for me:ice:. WHEW! Good lord that was a long intro! Anyways here I am, so I'll be frequeting these forums more proactively. I just want to say WGKK and WGKF to all and hope you welcome a newcomer with open arms.:cool:

Respectfully,
Amit (DJ KAM)

Oct 12, 2006
hi i am Baljit Singh Gill From Beas Distt Amritsar. I am working as a Researcher in the NIAR National institute of Administrative Research Mussorrie Under Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy of Adminstration. i want some infomation for my Phd.

Mar 22, 2006
Re: New Member Here!

Sat Nam~ I was born a member of a liberal protestant denomination in New England in 1950. My mother is a saint. Her spiritual name is Simran Kaur, given to her by Siri Singh Sahib Bhai Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa (Yogiji) back in the 1980's. I have two siblings, one has practiced and lived the Dharma of Khalsa since 1973. I began practicing Kundalini Yoga in 1971. By the Grace of the Guru, I was ready and my teacher came to me to guide me back to the path of Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind Singh. Kundalini Yoga is the yoga of a householder and unlike the celebate and renunciate path of Hatha yoga is enhanced by the meditation on the Holy NAAM>
I was initiated into the Khalsa in the summer of 1974. I am now 56 and have 4 grandchildren growing up in Khalsa families. My daughters are mom's now and they and their husbands were all raised as Sikhs, went to boarding school in Mussoorie, Dehra Dhun and Amritsar from 1983-1992. They perform kirtan and are all sevadars in the Gurdwara in Eugene, Oregon.
I work at Portland Int'l Airport as a TSA screener. I am the Oregon rep for SALDEF.
I am not interested in intellectual discussions on religion. I am more inspired by those humans who live healthy, happy and holy (whole) lives. There is ONE Creator and many paths towards the Truth. Each human has his or her destiny!
I pray for peace on the planet, but rely on Guru Sahib for my security.
Nanak Nam Cherdi Kala, Teri Bani Sarbat bala!

S.S. Sat Hanuman Singh Khalsa
Troutdale, Oregon

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: