• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Hi, Eileen ji.

WOW! I love your Santa Claus vs. Aliens. It's such fun, complete with an evil boss with fine print. Lots of nice touches like that.

As for Sikh superheroes, there's always Vishavjit Singh as Captain America. :mundahug: Lots of villains, :singhfacepalm:Khan being the worst and brightest, although I don't think he's in comic books and he's never been played by a Sikh. It's time we get a real Sikh Superhero. I mean rough, tough Khalsa warriors, both Sikh :swordfights: and Kaur
kudi%20swordfight.gif
, not the cute ones we've seen so far in comics. Don't get me wrong, I love those, but while they entertain young kids, we need something for older kids and, of course, us adults.:winkingkaur:

I am always fascinated by people who discover Sikhi on their own. A Catholic friend of mine and I were discussing the other day about how the ethics of the two religions are so alike and the theology so different. That's a discussion for another topic, I think.

Anyway, welcome to SPN :welcomekaur: and I hope it's a pleasant and helpful experience for you.:blue-pargi: :dark-blue-pargi::red-pargi:(OK, those smileys have nothing to do with what I'm saying, but the greybeards are new and I wanted to use them.) :icecreamkaur:

thank you Inderjeet Ji, i'm so glad you liked it!

Vishavjit's activist work around Captain America gave me a lot of encouragement and raised my hope that people will like my comic. Also the new Ms. Marvel who is a Muslim girl has caused a lot of discussion and raised awareness of how much diversity is still lacking in comics.

i love storytelling in the visual format of comics and movies. and i'm also of the opinion that one story can't capture all the stories we need to tell, so i just try to focus on telling one story well, and tell it in my style. this storyline continues for 4 issues, then another adventure begins with the same setting and characters, but it is more Kaur focused (i don't want to give away too much ;)

it would be really gratifying to see more stories come out of all types. wouldn't it be great if one day kids could say 'which Sikh superhero do you like best?' but they can't decide because there are so many good ones. :grinningkudi:

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
I'm a big fan of comics (I know I am a little old for them)...especially Spiderman, Capt America and All Star Western. The artwork on SuperSikh seems top notch. Thumbs Up.
Btw have you heard of a Sikh comic called Kalidasi by Vikram Dasa & Jeffri Todd ? Do have a look if you haven't already...

sshans50

SPNer
Aug 28, 2014
SSA Ji,

I am new to this forum and it looks like a great method to connect with fellow members.

I have been doing some research on Sikhs and Sikh weddings in Jamaica for a Sikh wedding there. From the search so far, i have found that there currently is no Gurudwara in Jamaica, but i am wondering if there are any Sikhs in Jamaica, any of them active on this forum or if anyone has any contact info of any Sikhs living in Jamaica.

Also, if anyone has had a Sikh wedding or been to a Sikh Wedding in Jamaica or any contacts that could help answer some questions about possibilities of doing a Sikh wedding in Jamaica would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Deep

Inderr

SPNer
Nov 16, 2014
hello sat shri akal waheguru g ka khakda waheguru g ki fateh....

m new here so plzz je mere to koi galtii howe chotta veer samjkee maaf kar dio

Inderr

SPNer
Nov 16, 2014
dhanwaad wadde veere.... bhut wadia kum kita wa tusii really appreciated... n aje new a tan jyada pta ne lagda ithe... bus hun post krna pta lag gua holi holi baki hor vi pta lag jauga... :)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Inder Ji,

Would really appreciate if you would write your messages in plain English... there are many readers who do not understand this dialect...

Thank you!

:)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: