• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Manish ji

Welcome you you :welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: You and I have already been in conversations in a couple of threads and it has been very informative for me. Please continue to be such an active participant. I look forward to more conversations with you.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Hi, Manish ji and welcome :welcome:.

This is a good, friendly, open-minded forum. It's easy to enjoy here.

Prejudice is a very heavy burden to bear. Prejudice against other religions and their adherents is decidedly unSikh. That being said, a few of us did have a little bit of trouble with some of the Hindus of India back in 1984. :8-:)Forgiveness is more difficult for some than for others. Understand and patience is called for from everyone involved.

Chardi kala! :ice:

Mai

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Hello

I guess i should have done it earlier but i didn't find this thread.

Anyways, my name is Manish. I live in Sydney, Australia. I was born in Haryana, India in a Punjabi background. My parents migrated to Australia when i was 12 and we're all now Australian citizens.

I found this forum by accident, I was looking for something and came upon it. In the past i've tried to stay away from Sikh forums. They tend to have many members who post with little thought, alot of anger and tend to be quite anti-hindu at times. However, this forum seems quite level-headed, respectful with nice debates.

Well I hope i will have a good time.

oh and if someone here happens to be from Faridabad, Haryana(next door to Delhi) then a big thumbs up to you.

cheers,

Manish

I live in Gurgaon and also lived 1 year in faridabad :happy::happy::happy:

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre
Hi, Manish ji and welcome :welcome:.

This is a good, friendly, open-minded forum. It's easy to enjoy here.

Prejudice is a very heavy burden to bear. Prejudice against other religions and their adherents is decidedly unSikh. That being said, a few of us did have a little bit of trouble with some of the Hindus of India back in 1984. :8-:)Forgiveness is more difficult for some than for others. Understand and patience is called for from everyone involved.

Mai
Mai Harinder Kaur ji,

I totally understand people who went through the pain and suffering of 1984 to be angry towards the Indian government, Congress party and some Hindus.

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
I live in Gurgaon and also lived 1 year in faridabad :happy::happy::happy:

YAY :happy::happy:

Actually, my uncle used to work in Gurgaon in the housing department.

I must say Gurgaon has developed in leaps and bounds. I was there in January. Before that I was there in 2003. The difference is unbelievable. New bridges, new malls, new Metro line. hehe well im happy I want to see Haryana prosper.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
YAY :happy::happy:

Actually, my uncle used to work in Gurgaon in the housing department.

I must say Gurgaon has developed in leaps and bounds. I was there in January. Before that I was there in 2003. The difference is unbelievable. New bridges, new malls, new Metro line. hehe well im happy I want to see Haryana prosper.

Yeh and with development problems too like 6-8 hour power cuts ,no proper water supply .These days we have to heavily depend on Private tankers.roads are also not so good as it was 2003-4

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Mai ji
You're right; Childhoods End would make a better movie - but only to people like us; it would be far too deep, far too filled with Dharmic (Dare I say, even European Pagan?) Themes that would cause too many Christians to balk, and for too void of Car Chases - not to mention Gratuitous SEX! - for most of my fellow oh-so-shallow Americans to actually 'enjoy' it.
They're waiting for The Lord to return, and would have a hard time accepting the Idea that we're all destined to become some kind of 'pure energy beings'; though I do know an open minded Mennonite or two....he also like Artwork with 'Fly Agaric' (The 'Greater Soma' - according to my 'Clear Light source') and M.C. Escher themes!
As far as LSD, and 2001 is concerned; only the same kind of people who I just chided would say that!:eek:
You'd never know it without reading the Book, but it's really a kind of Prelude to Childhoods End; as all of that 'trippy' stuff at the end, is actually our Hero entering a kind of 'star gate' (you'd never know it, would you?) left behind by an Alien Race who've already Evolved beyong Childhood themselves.
The Obelisk they find on the Moon, when dug up and touched by Sunlight, sends a message to the one on Saturns Moon, Iapetus (I think; it's the half-white/half-black one; and it was, in the book, made that way by our Alien Spiritual Mentors), and sets the whole process in motion.
Forget 2010; I don't know why he wrote things that way, in 2001 it was the Stargate that made Hal go mad.
When he enters the Gate, he's gven a multi-star system tour of...well, JUST READ IT!
I just know that, if you liked Childhoods End, you'll enjoy it too - really!
Also; try and find a copy of Ten Tales of Tommorows Future, by SIR Arthur C. Clarke, as well; as the Vision he has for OUR Happy Future...is, like, W-o-o-o-w M-a-a-a-n!
No LSD Required!
In fact, I write such Fiction - and have taken it upon myself to assume Sir Arthurs Mantle!
The man was a Dharma Practitioner - and a Rare Gem or Great Beauty; so you'd not be disappointed, even though his style is a bit 'dry'.
Oh, and, by the way; (The 'Lesser') Soma (as I call it; and I'm not talking LSD or Fly Agaric) has become, through no choice of my own, a very important part of my beliefs, as it was the enabler that allowed me to 'blot out' the Serious Pain that I'm in, and, thus, to achieve the Fully Transcendant State - Twice; and, thus, it also led to my 'awakening', after the first time, to discover a White Streak had 'appeared' - as if by Magic! - in my Hair.
This was NO Halucination, and I'm NOT Om Shin Rikki (sp?); though many (Christians; and some Dharmic types who worry that I was simply 'tripping') think that was all there was to my Experiences.
Thus; it's a touchy subject - and I'm kind of NUTS for talking about it, what with the SSA having given me my SSD for a Mental Illness! - and I participate in SPN because I've found like minded people here; so a little respect, please.
Some of us are not fortunate enough to have been born free from pain, and we thus need 'help', from something or another, to get into that Transcendental State of Mind; and though Mr. Nerve Gas Attack did us all some harm, LSD - like my own 'Soma' - CAN help SOME People do this.:yes:
One should never pas it out like Candy though; and Om was Truly NUTS!:crazy:
Read and Enjoy, Mai ji!

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Yeh and with development problems too like 6-8 hour power cuts ,no proper water supply .These days we have to heavily depend on Private tankers.roads are also not so good as it was 2003-4
haha nothing new mate. I remember the tankers used to come to our part of Faridabad as well. The water people would do a "setting" with the richer blocks for the water in summer. While out block had to do with tankers.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
anupreet kaur ji

Welcome to SPN :welcome: - Please find all that is here for members enjoyable for you. Visit to discuss, read, and participate. Make SPN a second family :thumbup:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:Singh_Amandeep ji

Very good to greet you. Welcome to SPN. I hope that find this forum a place where you can have many enjoyable conversations and experiences.

Explore and enjoy!:) Narayanjot Kaur

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: Welcome bunty ji and it is good to meet you here. I like your concise and to the heart way of introducing yourself. Make yourself at home here and find like-minded friends at SPN.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Sat shri akaal and welcome, Bunty ji. :welcome: I'm always happy to welcome a youngster such as yourself. :rofl!!:

I'm 57 and also believe in the One by whatever name. I will admit that. as a Sikh, I'm partial to Ik Onkaar, Akaal Purakh, Vaheguru, etc.:wah:

Mai

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: