• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nanak Is The Guru, Nanak Is The Lord Himself

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Re: Nanak is the Guru, Nanak is the Lord Himself.

Waheguru, waheguru, waheguru, waheguru, waheguru, waheguru.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008

Sikh 80 Ji,

Can you please give the name of the speaker whose tapes are these you are typing in.
I read this one is 10 of the 81 going on.

Who is the Original Speaker, and what is the name of these Tapes, I missed where you mentioned it before, or just direct me to the Post # where you did.

Sorry for the pains.

Thanks.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

gur kw sbdu n mytY koie ] (864-19, goNf, mÚ 5)
No one can erase the Word of the Guru's Shabad.
gurunwnku nwnku hir soie ]4]7]9] (864-19, goNf, mÚ 5)
Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself. ||4||7||9||

These are the Vaaks from Guru Arjan dev ji maharaj. I am not able to proceed further as the meaning assigned to the 'tuk' does not fit in well with the conceptual framework Of sikhi that I had the chance to build on this forum. Frankly speaking., I have not yet had one full reading of the Granth sahib ji whom I hold in high esteem.

It was in a post of SPN that I was reading that unlike other religions sikhism does not preach that their Gurus are God. But here the things do not appear to me in sync. with the above.

Is Guru Nanak dev ji stated to be Creator?
or
The translation is not correct
or
My appreciation Of the translation is faulty.

I would also be grateful if someone can tell as to in which year the line was authored or it was during the compilation of the Granth sahib. Did the earlier 3 gurus not observe this.?

kindly correct me.

Sikh80 ji

Actually I am glad to read your personal opinion on this Guru waak. Some people are just" lakeer ke faqir" and fail in differentiation between compliment and realty. Satguru ji tried to clear the minds of followers about this complimentin Rag Asa
] Awsw mhlw 5 ] ijn@w n ivsrY nwmu sy iknyihAw ] Bydu n jwxhu mUil
sWeI jyihAw ]1] mnu qnu hoie inhwlu qum@ sMig ByitAw ] suKu pwieAw jn prswid duKu sB myitAw ]1] rhwau
]
Actually Satguru ji is complimenting the persons who are totally involved with Waheguru. They still are His creation and cannot be literally HIM. As it was absolutelly made clear in Moolmantra that He is beyond birth and death, why still some people being strayed, guide others to think against Satguru Sahiban. How they can ignore the following and disrespect Sahib ji

BYrau mhlw 5 Gru 1 <> siqgur pRswid ]
sglI QIiq pwis fwir rwKI ] Astm QIiq goivMd jnmw sI ]1] Brim BUly nr krq
kcrwiex ] jnm mrx qy rhq nwrwiex ]1] rhwau ] kir pMjIru KvwieE cor ] Ehu jnim n mrY ry swkq For ]2] sgl prwD dyih loronI ] so muKu jlau ijqu khih Twkuru jonI ]3]
jnim n mrY n AwvY n jwie ] nwnk kw pRBu rihE smwie

( means people celebrate a day by calling it is HIS birthday on certain day! It is reference to janamashtmi) .It is a sheer stupidity, He is beyond death and birth. Actually they have just making an excuse to get something. Satguru also curses who says Waheguru takes birth, He permeates in all His nature.=essence)
How dare they disobey and disrespect Waheguru and Guru ji?
Fifth Sroop also in Gond Rag shows extreme respect and love for Satguru Nanak who actually showed the right path to realize The Absolute
goNf
mhlw 5 ] gur kI mUriq mn mih iDAwnu ] gur kY sbid mMqRü mnu mwn ] gur ky crn irdY lY
Dwrau ] guru pwrbRhmu sdw nmskwrau ]1] mq ko Brim BulY sMswir ] gur ibnu koie n auqris
pwir ]1] rhwau ] BUly kau guir mwrig pwieAw ] Avr iqAwig hir BgqI lwieAw ] jnm
mrn kI qRws imtweI ] gur pUry kI byAMq vfweI ]2] gur pRswid aUrD kml ibgws ] AMDkwr
mih BieAw pRgws ] ijin kIAw so gur qy jwinAw ] gur ikrpw qy mugD mnu mwinAw ]3]

( means I keep Guru- sikhya and his vision(who is like Almighty) in my mind,. I love to serve him, people should not have any doubt that any one without Guru's help have libration. Guru has lead me to worship only Waheguru, with his blessings my spiritual hunger is gone and have over come fear of death. (Note it down, Satguru also keeps giving explanation why Guru must be revered high). Having Guru my guiding light, my illusions are gone, who created us is known through Guru and my stupidiy vanishes. =essence)
Among Sikhs, there is also confusion to differentiate about use of word GURU, for satguru and for the Almighty in different contexts. A complete article needs to be written, I shall try.
Sikh 80, thanks for understanding, I am learning and improving computer skills for this , specially copying and pasting.The article I mentioned is on, have a look. Thanks.

Har Bisrat Sada Khuari -M-5
PK70

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Respected Pk70 ji,

Thanks for all the clarifications that have been very kindly provided by you.

The responses to the query were also diagnally opposite. But we all have our ways of interpretaion of things.

Thanks once again for clarifying things suo moto.Yes, it is true that one should learn the tricks of computer that helps in copy and pasting.

With Regards.

P.S

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Pk70 ji,

Your response above gives rise to another doubt that ,I request, should be clarified by your good self.

1.Is the Bhatt's Eulogisation part of Bani?

2. Is the Bani Of Bhagats [e.g. kabeer, Namdev ji etc] be treated at par with the Bani of Guru Sahibs.?

The question is posed as the Bani of Bhagats should have been authored prior to Sikh Gurus and hence the bani of Bhagats should not qualify for 'Dhur ki bani' and hence 'Bani Nirankaar hey'.

Kindly clarify.
Thanks in anticipation.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA

Pk70 ji,

Your response above gives rise to another doubt that ,I request, should be clarified by your good self.

1.Is the Bhatt's Eulogisation part of Bani?

2. Is the Bani Of Bhagats [e.g. kabeer, Namdev ji etc] be treated at par with the Bani of Guru Sahibs.?

The question is posed as the Bani of Bhagats should have been authored prior to Sikh Gurus and hence the bani of Bhagats should not qualify for 'Dhur ki bani' and hence 'Bani Nirankaar hey'.

Kindly clarify.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sikh 80 Ji
Thanks for respectful remarks.

As per search done so far, Bhatta's Bani is accepted by 5th Sroop as bani because, I think, bhatt's sawaeeyes are written in reverence about Guru and his sroops. Doubtless, Mehla word shows oneness of Satguru Nanak who is revered through all sroops. Other sroops abandon their separated entity therefore praising words are for Satguru who showed people right path to be worthy of Almighty. Besides, in writing, people are made aware not to look beyond Satguru Nanak even after reading bhatt's bani. All words are symbolic, taking literal meaning can not be a work any intellectual. Since bhatt's bani is in Guru Granth Sahib ji, it must be revered as Gurbani; I strongly feel that Bani of Bhagatan ji should also be considered Gurbani as well, for we are instructed by 10th Nanak that "Granth ji should be revered as Guru in totality". We bow before GGS Ji in that reverence. Since we bow before GGS ji, should we consider Ragmala a bani? No, because so far research is done, it is proven that as a lot of kachi bani was entered without bonafide acceptance of any Satguru and ragmala was one of them; people who support ragmala as bani have no reasonable research done. Since scholars changed sides just becuase of fear or personal gains it does not mean anything that shows disrespect towards Satguru and is not allighned with Gurmat must be call gurbani. We sikhs when start arguements, most of the time, we just take a stand in stead of being open. Babu Teja Singh went to the extreme to accept bani as gurbani only authored by Guru Sahiban. He was also dead wrong because whatever was accepted by compliling authority( 5 th Nanak), how it can be questioned? Same kind of imaginative idea was given by late GB singh who went too far saying 5th Nanak edited Satguru's gurbani and chose to leave out some of it just fearing retaliation from mugal rulers.He never opened his mind to see more shabad of that kind already in GGS ji. I believe, except ragmala, all we read in Guru Granth Sahib is honourable Gurbani, nothing is in there except ragmala which is against Gurmatt. If some say so, they interpret it out of context just as some people while doing kirtan and interpretation of gurbani start quoting Urdu poetry and stories from Hindu mythology. Sometime I wonder Sikh80 ji that why dont they just try to be Sikhs as per gurbani authored by Satguru Sahibaan!
( Ref Guru Granth Aahib Parachin beeran GB Singh, Mundawani GG Singh,DG Kritav Dr Jaggi )
Har bisrat sda khuari

pk70

Khojat

SPNer
Mar 3, 2008

gur kw sbdu n mytY koie ] (864-19, goNf, mÚ 5)
No one can erase the Word of the Guru's Shabad.
gurunwnku nwnku hir soie ]4]7]9] (864-19, goNf, mÚ 5)
Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself. ||4||7||9||

These are the Vaaks from Guru Arjan dev ji maharaj. I am not able to proceed further as the meaning assigned to the 'tuk' does not fit in well with the conceptual framework Of sikhi that I had the chance to build on this forum. Frankly speaking., I have not yet had one full reading of the Granth sahib ji whom I hold in high esteem.

It was in a post of SPN that I was reading that unlike other religions sikhism does not preach that their Gurus are God. But here the things do not appear to me in sync. with the above.

Is Guru Nanak dev ji stated to be Creator?
or
The translation is not correct
or
My appreciation Of the translation is faulty.

I would also be grateful if someone can tell as to in which year the line was authored or it was during the compilation of the Granth sahib. Did the earlier 3 gurus not observe this.?

kindly correct me.

Dear GurSikh,

The Question you have posed is one which has harried other Faiths. The most popular being Christianity and the Divinity of Jesus. Was he God or His Prophet?

For Skihs the same question arises as to the Divinity of Sat Guru Nanak. Guru Ji himself never acknowledged his own Divinity. In fact, he humbled himself before God and the Saints by saying that he was the servant of God's servants. The Gurus that came after however, acknowledged, the Divinity of Sat Guru Nanak. There are passages where he has been referred to as the Creator. In others he has been described as "The Formless One".

This concept is true but you must understand the context in which it is used. It is far from my complete understanding but from my readings of the Sri Guru Grant Sahib (SGGS) and other writings, I have, with God's grace attained some limited understanding of this concept. I will try to impart this to you and all those out there who may chance upon this reply.

In essence this is what the Holy Bani states;

In the Beginning, God was unmanifest and remained in a contemplative state for 26 ages. When The Creator finally gave expression to Himself, he did so initially through two avenues, the Holy Word (Bani, Shabad) and the Sat Guru. So we have God (The Guru), The Holy Word (Bani, Shabad) and the Sat Guru. Both these two manifestations of God are blended in His Essence. Both are from Him and are a part of Him. Both are inseparable from Him.
Remember, The Guru (God) is the Bani and the Bani is The Guru (God).

This all sounds very familiar if you know something about Christian doctrine. It is the Doctrine of the Trinity. This concept is given clear Expression in the SGGS (strange place for a Christian to find clarification on this issue I'm sure).

The SGGS goes on to explain that though The Sat Guru has emerged from God's Essence, the Guru (God) and the Sat Guru are two seperate entities. At this point I would like to make an important clarification. At this point we are discussing the existance of the Sat Guru as a spiritual being. A Divine Being of Light. Not a Being in bodily form. The Sat Guru at this point is a Spirit created by God. This is an important concept to understand as it underlies the universality of the Skih Religion and its Holy Scriptures. It also opens the doorway to understanding this crucial concept of the Guru, The Bani and the Sat Guru and how this very concept applies to other Faiths.

In various passages of the SGGS, the Sat Guru is viewed as having the power to Create and Destroy. Of taking Life and Restoring it. Of having absolute knowledge of all the Worlds. Of having the Power to absolve Sins and who Himself is free from Sin. Who has such power save God Himself? Yet these Powers have been bestowed upon the Sat Guru.

Remember, The Guru (God) is the Bani and the Bani is the Guru (God). When Sat Guru Nanak was called to God's presence, God gave him a Cup filled with the Nectar of His Name (His Word, His Bani) and he was told to drink it. He obeyed His Maters's command and was then imbued with God's Word (Bani).

So the eqaution changes. If The Guru (God) is the Bani and the Bani (The Word) is The Guru (God), then it follows that if the Bani (The Word) and the Sat Guru become one, so do God and the Sat Guru become One. They are the same and exist in one another.

God then commanded Sat Guru Nanak to go into to the world and preach His Name.

In the body of the Sat Guru, God has infused his Light and His Spirit. On Earth, in the Heavens and in all of Creation, there is no being like him. He, the Sat Guru is therefore the closest that any being has come, to seeing God. For all intents and purposes anyone who has seen or heard Sat Guru Nanak has seen and heard God Himself. He is therefore rightly described as The Formless One, The Creator.

To digress a little, it is interesting to note that in the Christian Scriptures, a similar verse appears which I paraphrase now; In the Begining was the Word, The Word was God. The Word became Flesh and walked amongst Men.

The verse is starkingly similar to the one in the SGGS about the Guru and the Bani (The Word). However, the Christian fathers of past, the theologians and the general population of Christians mistakenly interpret this verse to mean that God took the form of a human being and was born into this world.

Sikhism clearly rejects this theory as God does not take birth. Nor does he die to be born again.

The SGGS also tells us the the Sat Guru has been coming into the world in every age since the beginning to guide us back to God. Our religion claims no exclusivity to God or to any religious teaching, etc. We do not claim that ours is the only faith that can lead you to God. However I can make one claim. The Skih scriptures containe the Essence of God and that of all religions since the beginning of time. Those who read and understand it wil come to understand their own faiths even better. The Gurbani is the mirror reflecting all faiths under God's House.

I apologies for the long reply. I pray that God and my Sat Guru wil forgive me for any error or digressions in my interpretation of the Gurbani. Remember dear Gur Sikh, understand the Essence and you will conquer all.

Rgds

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Dear friend,
First of all kindly accept my thanks for writing an instructive post.

I have gone through it for over more than 10 times.

For the time being, I do respect your view-point. I shall revert back after clearing my concepts. I do lack full appreciation of Gurbani.

Further, I have to presume that all that you have stated should be as per SGGS ji.

However, as a help I shall request you to kindly opine on the following:

1.If Lord is Nanak and Bani is Nirankaar. It would tantamount to God singing HIS praises and God asking us to meditate upon God.
Can it be so.?

2.Was Mool Mantra and Jap ji sahib authored by Guru ji in HIS own praise?

3.The entire Granth sahib is fullof the praise of the Almighty i.e Almighty praising the Almighty.

I think these would be the doubts of many especially when Guru ji has very clearly stated that His Guru was the creator and he got the blessings of naam from the Creator.

For Kind perusal and reply.

Regards

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੧

bhairo mehalaa 5 ghar 1
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl, First House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸਗਲੀ ਥੀਤਿ ਪਾਸਿ ਡਾਰਿ ਰਾਖੀ ॥ਅਸਟਮ ਥੀਤਿ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਜਨਮਾ ਸੀ ॥੧॥
sagalee thheeth paas ddaar raakhee || asattam thheeth govindh janamaa see ||1||
Setting aside all other days, it is said that the Lord was born on the eighth lunar day. ||1||

ਭਰਮਿ ਭੂਲੇ ਨਰ ਕਰਤ ਕਚਰਾਇਣ ॥
bharam bhoolae nar karath kacharaaein ||
Deluded and confused by doubt, the mortal practices falsehood.

ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਤੇ ਰਹਤ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
janam maran thae rehath naaraaein ||1|| rehaao ||
The Lord is beyond birth and death. ||1||Pause||

ਕਰਿ ਪੰਜੀਰੁ ਖਵਾਇਓ ਚੋਰ ॥
kar panjeer khavaaeiou chor ||
You prepare sweet treats and feed them to your stone god.

ਓਹੁ ਜਨਮਿ ਨ ਮਰੈ ਰੇ ਸਾਕਤ ਢੋਰ ॥੨॥
ouhu janam n marai rae saakath dtor ||2||
God is not born, and He does not die, you foolish, faithless cynic! ||2||

ਸਗਲ ਪਰਾਧ ਦੇਹਿ ਲੋਰੋਨੀ ॥
sagal paraadhh dhaehi loronee ||
You sing lullabyes to your stone god - this is the source of all your mistakes.

ਸੋ ਮੁਖੁ ਜਲਉ ਜਿਤੁ ਕਹਹਿ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਜੋਨੀ ॥੩॥
so mukh jalo jith kehehi thaakur jonee ||3||
Let that mouth be burnt, which says that our Lord and Master is subject to birth. ||3||

ਜਨਮਿ ਨ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
janam n marai n aavai n jaae ||
He is not born, and He does not die; He does not come and go in reincarnation.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੪॥੧॥
naanak kaa prabh rehiou samaae ||4||1||
The God of Nanak is pervading and permeating everywhere. ||4||1||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Some opinions from Sikhnet members
In the Mool Mantra Guru Nanak Dev ji says: Akal murat ajooni.... which means God never dies and God is beyond births and deaths.

In Jaap Sahib Guru Gobind Singh ji The Tenth Nanak says: Namastang ajae...which means I salute God who cannot be born.

Tenth Nanak has also said: Mein hoo Param Purakh ko daasa, dekhan aayo jagat tamasha.

In fact Guru Gobind Singh has often referred himself as "dass" while addressing God.

And the Tenth Nanak has explicitly said that anyone who considers him (Tenth Nanak) as God will go to hell.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Ang (1020-10)
ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

saachaa sach so-ee avar na ko-ee.
The True Lord is True; there is no other at all.

jin sirjee tin hee fun go-ee.
He who created, shall in the end destroy.

ji-o bhaavai ti-o raakho rahnaa tum si-o ki-aa mukraa-ee hay. ||1||
As it pleases You, so You keep me, and so I remain; what excuse could I offer to You? ||1||

aap upaa-ay aap khapaa-ay.
You Yourself create, and You Yourself destroy.

aapay sir sir DhanDhai laa-ay.
You yourself link each and every person to their tasks.

aapay veechaaree gunkaaree aapay maarag laa-ee hay. ||2||
You contemplate Yourself, You Yourself make us worthy; You Yourself place us on the Path. ||2||

aapay daanaa aapay beenaa.
You Yourself are all-wise, You Yourself are all-knowing.

aapay aap upaa-ay pateenaa.
You Yourself created the Universe, and You are pleased.

aapay pa-un paanee baisantar aapay mayl milaa-ee hay. ||3||
You Yourself are the air, water and fire; You Yourself unite in Union. ||3||

aapay sas sooraa pooro pooraa.
You Yourself are the moon, the sun, the most perfect of the perfect.

aapay gi-aan Dhi-aan gur sooraa.
You Yourself are spiritual wisdom, meditation, and the Guru, the Warrior Hero.

kaal jaal jam johi na saakai saachay si-o liv laa-ee hay. ||4||
The Messenger of Death, and his noose of death, cannot touch one, who is lovingly focused on You, O True Lord. ||4||

aapay purakh aapay hee naaree.
You Yourself are the male, and You Yourself are the female.

aapay paasaa aapay saaree.
You Yourself are the chess-board, and You Yourself are the chessman.

aapay pirh baaDhee jag khaylai aapay keemat paa-ee hay. ||5||
You Yourself staged the drama in the arena of the world, and You Yourself evaluate the players. ||5||

aapay bhavar ful fal tarvar.
You Yourself are the bumble bee, the flower, the fruit and the tree.

aapay jal thal saagar sarvar.
You Yourself are the water, the desert, the ocean and the pool.
aapay machh kachh karneekar tayraa roop na lakh-naa jaa-ee hay. ||6||
You Yourself are the great fish, the tortoise, the Cause of causes; Your form cannot be known. ||6||

dinas aapay hee rainee.
You Yourself are the day, and You Yourself are the night.

aap pateejai gur kee bainee.
You Yourself are pleased by the Word of the Guru's Bani.

aad jugaad anaahad an-din ghat ghat sabad rajaa-ee hay. ||7||
From the very beginning, and throughout the ages, the unstruck sound current resounds, night and day; in each and every heart, the Word of the Shabad, echoes Your Will. ||7||

aapay ratan anoop amolo.
You Yourself are the jewel, incomparably beautiful and priceless.

aapay parkhay pooraa tolo.
You Yourself are the Assessor, the Perfect Weigher.

aapay kis hee kas bakhsay aapay day lai bhaa-ee hay. ||8||
You Yourself test and forgive. You Yourself give and take, O Siblings of Destiny. ||8||

aapay Dhanakh aapay sarbaanaa.
He Himself is the bow, and He Himself is the archer.

aapay sugharh saroop si-aanaa.
He Himself is all-wise, beautiful and all-knowing.

kahtaa baktaa suntaa so-ee aapay banat banaa-ee hay. ||9||
He is the speaker, the orator and the listener. He Himself made what is made. ||9||

pa-un guroo paanee pit jaataa.
Air is the Guru, and water is known to be the father.

udar sanjogee Dhartee maataa.
The womb of the great mother earth gives birth to all.

rain dinas du-ay daa-ee daa-i-aa jag khaylai khaylaa-ee hay. ||10||
Night and day are the two nurses, male and female; the world plays in this play. ||10||

aapay machhulee aapay jaalaa.
You Yourself are the fish, and You Yourself are the net.
aapay ga-oo aapay rakhvaalaa.
You Yourself are the cows, and You yourself are their keeper.

sarab jee-aa jag jot tumaaree jaisee parabh furmaa-ee hay. ||11||
Your Light fills all the beings of the world; they walk according to Your Command, O God. ||11||

aapay jogee aapay bhogee.
You Yourself are the Yogi, and You Yourself are the enjoyer.

aapay rasee-aa param sanjogee.
You Yourself are the reveller; You form the supreme Union.

aapay vaybaanee nirankaaree nirbha-o taarhee laa-ee hay. ||12||
You Yourself are speechless, formless and fearless, absorbed in the primal ecstasy of deep meditation. ||12||

khaanee banee tujheh samaanee.
The sources of creation and speech are contained within You, Lord.

jo deesai sabh aavan jaanee.
All that is seen, is coming and going.

say-ee saah sachay vaapaaree satgur boojh bujhaa-ee hay. ||13||
They are the true bankers and traders, whom the True Guru has inspired to understand. ||13||

sabad bujhaa-ay satgur pooraa.
The Word of the Shabad is understood through the Perfect True Guru.

sarab kalaa saachay bharpooraa.
The True Lord is overflowing with all powers.

afri-o vayparvaahu sadaa too naa tis til na tamaa-ee hay. ||14||
You are beyond our grasp, and forever independent. You do not have even an iota of greed. ||14||

kaal bikaal bha-ay dayvaanay.
Birth and death are meaningless, for those

sabad sahj ras antar maanay.
who enjoy the sublime celestial essence of the Shabad within their minds.

aapay mukat taripat vardaataa bhagat bhaa-ay man bhaa-ee hay. ||15||
He Himself is the Giver of liberation, satisfaction and blessings, to those devotees who love Him in their minds. ||15||

aap niraalam gur gam gi-aanaa.
He Himself is immaculate; by contact with the Guru, spiritual wisdom is obtained.

jo deesai tujh maahi samaanaa.
Whatever is seen, shall merge into You.

naanak neech bhikhi-aa dar jaachai mai deejai naam vadaa-ee hay. ||16||1||
Nanak, the lowly, begs for charity at Your Door; please, bless him with the glorious greatness of Your Name. ||16||1||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

so you regard Guru Nanak as the creator of the world?

who was Guru Nanak praying to when he was a Guru? God cant pray to God, as there is only one God..

Guru Nanak had sons..does it mean they were litterally the Sons of God??

Guru Nanak Maharaj used to eat and visit the toilet as any other person would. does it mean that God uses the bathroom?..

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Sat Sri Akal

I could be wrong (very wrong) but my view is that Guru Nanakji (and the other Gurus), Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, and whoever else (to each their respective religions) are all the same- "messengers of God".

These are all people that God sent to show humans the Truth.

Unfortunately, many people didn't listen and others twisted the message to fit their needs. I also believe that God sent Guru Gobind Singh the message to let people know that there would not be anymore Gurus in human form because people began to worship the messengers and not the message.

After all, when was the last messenger of God?> Sikhism is the youngest of the religions...so I guess it ended there.

Guru Nanakji was not God Him/Herself....but rather he was an extraodinary enlightened remarkable being who was in fact human.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM