• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nanak Is The Guru, Nanak Is The Lord Himself

Jul 10, 2006
Re: Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself.

Ongkar aad kathni anad, Khal Khand Khyal Gurbar Akaal ||

Ongkar Bhrama Utpat ||

Gyani talks about in the katha- bhrama(creator) came from ongkar resosance.

Ongkar Kiya Jin Chit ||

Then bhrama did bhagti on ongkar for thousands of years. After that Nirgun asked him, what do you want? Bhram asked god to give him powers to create the world.

Ongkar Saiyel Jug Paie ||

Ongkar Vaid Nirvaie ||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji said, with ongkar - Nirgun transcedents it's attributes into sargun.

May I ask who is brama/Bhram here ?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2006

quote "After that Nirgun asked him, what do you want? Bhram asked god to give him powers to create the world."

Doesnt the above statement sounds like a 3rd party is asking God whether he can create xyz etc.

God created all when he so desired. I dont think God needed or needs anyones permission to do anything.

or maybe I have misunderstood.
Sounds like Guru ji is advising the pandit on God being the creator not a 3rd party.
Could a learned member help explain the meaning (vichaar) of this shabad on Ang 929 please.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

I think you are rigt to the extent that GOd wills and things do happen. However, how it happens is the Kathakaar's version. This is the way the Kathakaar has presented to simplify the concept of Brahma.However, I am cent percent in agreement with you and your observations. Thanks for bringing this to the notice.

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

He is beyond everything,
beyond Brahma,
the primal principle;
Nanak has met with such a Guru.
The Master of Truth is eternally the same.
He neither comes nor goes.
He is the imperishable Life Principle that pervades everywhere.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

I think you are right to the extent that GOd wills and things do happen. However, how it happens is the Kathakaar's version. This is the way the Kathakaar has presented to simplify the concept of Brahma.However, I am cent percent in agreement with you and your observations. Thanks for bringing this to the notice.
My screen does not have an edit button plus it logs out everytime I answer.May be there is some software proble.I shall take up the answer tomorrow.

Jul 10, 2006

rwmklI mhlw 1 dKxI EAMkwru
raamakalee mehalaa 1 dhakhanee oua(n)kaaru
Raamkalee, First Mehla, Dakhanee, Ongkaar:

<> siqgur pRswid ]
ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

EAMkwir bRhmw auqpiq ]
oua(n)kaar brehamaa outhapath ||
From Ongkaar, the One Universal Creator God, Brahma was created.

EAMkwru kIAw ijin iciq ]
oua(n)kaar keeaa jin chith ||
He kept Ongkaar in his consciousness.

EAMkwir sYl jug Bey ]
oua(n)kaar sail jug bheae ||
From Ongkaar, the mountains and the ages were created.

EAMkwir byd inrmey ]
oua(n)kaar baedh nirameae ||
Ongkaar created the Vedas.

EAMkwir sbid auDry ]
oua(n)kaar sabadh oudhharae ||
Ongkaar saves the world through the Shabad.

EAMkwir gurmuiK qry ]
oua(n)kaar guramukh tharae ||
Ongkaar saves the Gurmukhs.

Enm AKr suxhu bIcwru ]
ounam akhar sunahu beechaar ||
Listen to the Message of the Universal, Imperishable Creator Lord.

Enm AKru iqRBvx swru ]1]
ounam akhar thribhavan saar ||1||
The Universal, Imperishable Creator Lord is the essence of the three worlds. ||1||

suix pwfy ikAw ilKhu jMjwlw ]
sun paaddae kiaa likhahu ja(n)jaalaa ||
Listen, O Pandit, O religious scholar, why are you writing about worldly debates?

ilKu rwm nwm gurmuiK gopwlw ]1] rhwau ]
likh raam naam guramukh gopaalaa ||1|| rehaao ||
As Gurmukh, write only the Name of the Lord, the Lord of the World. ||1||Pause||

SikhiToTheMAX - Enabling Gurmat Knowledge

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

From Ongkaar, the One Universal Creator God, Brahma was created.He kept Ongkaar in his consciousness.[ as per your post; the switches on my screen are not working noe Gurmukhi font is accepted.] I am ,therefore, constarined to work with bare minimum tools.All that you have stated should be correct so far as the edicts of SGGS ji are concerned.But here in this katha , the reference is made to the Dasam Granth sahib. I have little knowledge in this regard. [ unless you are certain that it may not be contained in the Dasam Granth , I shall presume it to be correct.]You May like to check.I am not going to post for another week or so and May be my side of the screen functions properly.Else I am not posting as it is.Thanks

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

I am quoting from Dasam Granth sahib. I have not gone through The Dasam Granth. But the following line suggests the creation by Brahma. Kindly check as well.ਮਾਨਹੁ ਫੇਰ ਰਚੇ ਬਿਧਿ ਲੋਕ ਧਰਾ ਖਟ ਆਠ ਅਕਾਸ ਬਨਾਏ ॥੧੪੭॥ Maanoh pher rache bidh(i) lok dharaa khat aath akaas banaae||147|| It seemed that Brahma hath created the fourteen worlds agin with six nether-words and eight skies (because the sphere of dust hath become the eighth sky).147.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

They consider mortal being jev who is made of 24 tat vadi(elements) - 5 gyan indrai's/5 senses, 5 karam indrai, 5 asthol (tat)elements, 5 sukhsaum(subtle) elements, man(mind), tridha , ahankar, mani tat and pardan is equal to 24 elements which human is made of. 25th element is jev atma(soul). They consider jev atma to be akaal purkh which is not correct. Jev atma is not paratma(supreme soul) because of antish karan(acculmations of thoughts, desires, karmas).

Gyani further stressed, when jiv atma has to face death(kaal) and be in fear. Jiv atma(individualstic soul) screams in pain. Then how jev atma this mortal being can be purkh. A person who is feared cannot be purkh(paratma) because he is bhau(fear) not Nirbhau.

Guru ji said, that's why i had to add Nirbhau after karta purkh because only god is free from fear.

Sidhas were satisfied, and further asked why there was a need of addition of nirvair- Guru ji replied by giving example of harnakash. When he came in this world. He started claiming - Jalaie Harnakash, Thalie Harnakash (I am god), that i m not fear from anyone. People thought of him as a God however he didn't have all god's(sargun) attributes in him only he claimed he was nirbhau, Nirvair and that was not enough. Guru ji then gave another example of ravan. Even he claimed to be fearless(Nirbhau) by getting occult powers. These people on top of that, they start being rebellion against god's creation like for example- if someone didn't them worship they would be their enemy. Now if they were enemy, how could they have nirvair(without hate) attribute in them which is opposite to Vair(dushmani).

Sidhas were satisfied with Guru ji explanation but asked mantar could have ended until Nirvair. Why there was need for "akaal" ??

Guru ji said, listen saints (sant/mahatamas) can have nirbhau/nirvair attributes because of high enlighten visions towards creation.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Wow!!!

Sikh80 Ji,

Tusi tarN kamaal karti. (You're doing good sewa, puttar.)

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Siri guru gobind singh ji mentions in dasam guru granth:

Kalan Ko Kaal, Maha Kalan Ko Kaal hai ||

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: