• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity My Rejection Of Christianity, Islam, Judaism As Religions From GOD

Jul 13, 2004
UK
I believe in a GOD that is so humble that he will bring himself down to human form, a GOD that does not hate, a GOD that does not give us one try but helps us to realise that only HE/SHE/IT is perfect and we are not, many lives to get it right. In these religions, God is jealous, hates, and sentences people to death.
Please discuss.

BabbarSher

SPNer
Jul 3, 2004
globally
"I believe in a GOD that is so humble that he will bring himself down to human form"

Dear Caramel:

I guess this extract was inspired from your belief in Avatarvaad. There are many difficulties in undestanding Avtarvaad and why it has suddenly stopped - the last Avtaar being Kalki (the myth suddenly ends).

God is within all of us..we only need to shine ourselves to make the light visible.

There is no need for God, himself per se completely to come down to earth, in the form of Avatars, because he does not come into Joons.

As far as God being humble is concerned, I would like to reccomend Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaar : Chad Singhasan Har Ji aaye.

Taking the analogy of Krishna and Sudama myth, Bhai Sahib has desribed the qualities of the formless God..and to what extent he loves those, who have recognised what love is.

On a different note, continuing from my first paragraph, I found it interesting that mythology has suddenly ended. Some authors have suggested that it has ended/stopped evolving because of permeation of information/communication technologies. However this is a different topic and needs to be discussed via a separate post.

Akal Sahai

Jul 13, 2004
UK
BabbarSher - Who said I believe in avatars? Anyway I do and it is WRONG for you to say in an absolutist way that my beliefs are myth!
The point I am trying to make is these three religions - Islam, Christianity, Judaism are not from God in my opinion because this God gives death punishments, he hates and is jealous.

Jun 1, 2004
[Admin Cut] SPN forums are not a chatterbox. Dear Caramel and Dear muslim : Please stick to the topic in hand or you both will be candidates for an official warning !! :}8-:

If you want to chat with each other on any issue then why not utilize SPN's Chat Room option from navigation menu above... There you would have plenty of privacy to chat. Please help us to make SPN more useful than a chatterbox. Thanks :)

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
CaramelChocolate said:
The point I am trying to make is these three religions - Islam, Christianity, Judaism are not from God in my opinion because this God gives death punishments, he hates and is jealous.
God gives death punishments? Or His imperfect human followers?

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Aman - That is fine, but you have mistakingly removed some posts which were not chit-chat!

Amerikaur said:
God gives death punishments? Or His imperfect human followers?
That is what I am saying. For me these religions are not from God as I do not believe God would dish out death punishments. I believe God is humble and gives us many chances at life.

Exodus 32:35 - So the Lord punished the people of Israel with a terrible disease for talking Aaron into making the gold idol.
Leviticus 4:22-23 - Any tribal leader who disobeys me without meaning to is still guily. As soon as the leader realises what has happened, he must sacrifice a goat that has nothing wrong with it.
Leviticus 20:9-10, 13 - If you curse your mother or father, you will be put to death, and it will be your own fault. If any of you have sex with another man's wife, both you and the women will be put to death. ... It's disgusting for men to have sex with one another, and those who do will be put to death, just as you deserve.

The Cow 2:24 - And if ye do it not - and ye can never do it - then guard yourselves against the Fire prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is of men and stones.
The Cow 2:191 - And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
Hi CaramelChocolate!

Thank you so much for the clarification, and the quotation.

You have posed, in my opinion, a deep and very interesting statement that I'm trying to digest.

I don't personally disagree with you in that I, too, believe that God is a merciful and loving God...and that He gives us many chances on earth.

The Judeo-Christian scriptures from the Pentateuque (Genesis/Exodus/Leviticus/Numbers/Deuteronomy), which Christians and Jews share word-for-word.

The times were rather savage. In addition to death, there were many references to human sacrifices. Deutoronomy I think even hints at honor killings. With time, these practices mercifully fell away and have stayed away.

I cannot say say that I take this as grounds as rejecting Christianity or Judaism as a whole, however, I do not practice those faiths, either.

(I cannot comment on the scripture sightings flagged as "The Cow", as I really do not know them.)

Jul 13, 2004
UK
AmericKaur - Glad I have made you think... :) The Cow is from the Qu'ran. But yes, as much as I respect the people's right to practice these religions [to me cults], I have a strong disbelief in them and rejection of their system and portrayal of God.
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.html
And yes, there are lengthy rules for animal sacrifice in the old testament and if you would like, I will post a few quotes on this topic also.

muslim

SPNer
Dec 29, 2004
uk
hey caramel, you know how you are always arguing that it does not explicitly say in the quran homsexuality is wrong then why is it on the site you have give us an link to clearly states that it is, with a verse of the quran (i havent checked this quote against my quran)

7: The Heights

1. Homosexual acts are condemned as unnatural. (Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?) 80-81

26: The Poets

2. Male homosexual activities are condemned as unnatural. 165-6 27: The Ant

3. Male homosexuals commit abominations and act senselessly. 54-55 29: The Spider

4. Male homosexuals acts are condemned as unnatural. 28-29

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
CaramelChocolate said:
Aman - That is fine, but you have mistakingly removed some posts which were not chit-chat!

That is what I am saying. For me these religions are not from God as I do not believe God would dish out death punishments. I believe God is humble and gives us many chances at life.

Exodus 32:35 - So the Lord punished the people of Israel with a terrible disease for talking Aaron into making the gold idol.
Leviticus 4:22-23 - Any tribal leader who disobeys me without meaning to is still guily. As soon as the leader realises what has happened, he must sacrifice a goat that has nothing wrong with it.
Leviticus 20:9-10, 13 - If you curse your mother or father, you will be put to death, and it will be your own fault. If any of you have sex with another man's wife, both you and the women will be put to death. ... It's disgusting for men to have sex with one another, and those who do will be put to death, just as you deserve.

The Cow 2:24 - And if ye do it not - and ye can never do it - then guard yourselves against the Fire prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is of men and stones.
The Cow 2:191 - And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

Levitcus and Exodus are from the Old Testament. So perhaps you can eliminate Judaism, but don't know how you can use those quotations to eliminate Christianity..

BabbarSher

SPNer
Jul 3, 2004
globally
"BabbarSher - Who said I believe in avatars? Anyway I do and it is WRONG for you to say in an absolutist way that my beliefs are myth!"

I think you took the post in a wrong manner. I am not saying all your beliefs are a myth. But I am saying, that if your beliefs are based upon Avtaaarvaad, then they are based upon myths.

Avtaarvaad has been caterogically rejected by Gurbaani and it is upon that absolutism that I am against avtaarvad, otherwise, what does this idiot (myself) understand of God and his qualities.

Akal Sahai

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM