• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Muhammad - When The Prophet Pbuh Is Insulted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Namjiwan Kaur Ji

It would be interesting to give your own take on the issue along with the videos. Otherwise, readers are left wondering as to what is the point of posting these videos!

Thank you!

Gurfateh!

:blueturban:

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Hi. First of all, let me say that it wasn't a criticism toward one side or another. I think the film maker accomplished just what they wanted. They wanted to hit Muslims where it hurt most and I suspect they knew tension is high in parts of the Islamic world so that it wouldn't take much to throw the country into a state of chaos.

I also know from my own studies that the Prophet would not have reacted this way. For the first few years as a prophet, Muhammad pbuh was attacked and harassed. For example, people would throw the intestines from animals on him while he prayed. He wouldn't react; he'd just walk away.

I watched the first part of the trailer for the video (its called Innocence of Muslims) and couldn't finish it. It was so so offensive. The part with Khadija was where I stopped. I was horrified that people would go to such extremes to verbally attack Muslims.

I am scared that things are going to escalate (as I'm watching on the news as I write this) into a war. Most Muslims are hurt, but not reacting violently. Yet there are too many who started rioting over the film.

I posted the video as a plea for peace. I thought the man very eloquently explained a better reaction based on scripture and the sunna of the prophet. He was also making a plea for peace and I thought it was important to share his videos wherever I could so that it might somehow miraculously reach the rioters.

If a video could cause all this rioting; maybe a video can stop all the rioting also.

Ya Salaam! Shalom! Peace! Om Shanti Shanti Shanti!

The worshippers of the All-Merciful are they who tread gently upon the earth, and when the ignorant address them, they reply, “Peace!” (Quran 25:63)

And when they hear vain talk, they turn away from it and say: “To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we do not seek out the ignorant.” (Quran 28:55)

I don't mean that Muslims should stand back and do nothing, but I think it was wrong to kill innocent people over it. No one should have died over this film. It was a time to look at the Quran and Prophets (peace be upon them) for guidance. Quran says that killing one innocent person is like killing all humanity. And saving one innocent person is like saving all humanity.

I guess you could say these videos were my "symbolic kirpan". I was hoping if I put it on Stumbleupon, FB, Twitter, Reddit and forums like this, it might reach someone and stop their violence, hence saving innocent people (like children or those with homes in the midst of the protests). I also thought it is always better to react as a religions prophet would react. And the videos explained how the Prophet dealt with insults and harassment.

I apologize if it offended anyone. That was not my intent at all. kudihug

peacesignkaur

PS- How do I embed a video vs. having it only show up as a link. It seems like it randomly decides if it is going to embed or just show the link. I must be missing something then.

Namjiwan Kaur Ji

It would be interesting to give your own take on the issue along with the videos. Otherwise, readers are left wondering as to what is the point of posting these videos!

Thank you!

Gurfateh!

:blueturban:

vaulakh

SPNer
Dec 18, 2012
Sat Sri Akal,
In your reply,you tried to defend Islam like most leaders do for political correctness;even when video has shown truth about Mohammad.Same facts are described in several books,since most people don't read books,this video reached to almost all parts of world including illitrate Muslims,who are unaware of truth.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Its something to be said about SIKHS...SIKHS have NEVER RIOTED.....over ANYTHING...even extreme provocation as in 1984.....and almost weekly provocations ...
CHRISTIANS....BUDDHISTS....HINDUS...also NEVER RIOT over such types of "provocations".
This behavior is almost exclusively in Muslim nations...
Secondly Killing own citizens in suicide bombs mosque bombings etc is also EXCLUSIVELY confined to majority Muslim Nations..More Muslims have been killed by fellow Muslims than by anyone else...Just yesterday the SYRIAN JETS BOMBED PALESTINIAN REFUGEE CAMPS and KILLED DOZENS...yet not a PEEP was heard form any Muslim nations...unlike if a Israeli bomb in SELF DEFENCE kills a few palestinians...there is an instant outcry...is it the reasoning that WE CAN KILL OUR OWN..but not YOU ?? Quite disturbing behaviour...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
On the one hand posters are seeing the thread as hard to figure out. On the other hand the original poster hopes to be able to further balanced dialog about the prophet Mohamed. But the thread title is about what happens if the prophet is insulted....referring back to one of the videos. I do not see any direction possible, or progress, and believe this would be better to post on a forum quite different from SPN. So far the thread has been too like "all about Islam" and not enough about "interfaith dialog."

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM