• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Merge In The Light Of God

Mar 10, 2007
akhand mandal nirankaar meh anhad bayn bajaav-ogo. ||1||
In the imperishable realm of the Formless Lord, I play the flute of the unstruck sound current. ||1||
bairaagee raameh gaav-ogo.
Becoming detached, I sing the Lord's Praises.
sabad ateet anaahad raataa aakul kai ghar jaa-ugo. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Imbued with the unattached, unstruck Word of the Shabad, I shall go to the home of the Lord, who has no ancestors. ||1||Pause||
irhaa pingulaa a-or sukhmanaa pa-unai banDh rahaa-ugo.
Then, I shall no longer control the breath through the energy channels of the Ida, Pingala and Shushmanaa.
chand sooraj du-ay sam kar raakha-o barahm jot mil jaa-ugo. ||2||
I look upon both the moon and the sun as the same, and I shall merge in the Light of God. ||2||
THERE ARE SOME PRACTICAL TIPS IN GURBANI FOR ONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO MEET WAHEGURU , LET WE TRY TO UNDERSTAND GURBANI AND DO PRACTICAL ON IT. GURUJI AND BHAGAT DID PRACTICAL AND WRITE IN GURBANI THAT HOW THEY MERGE WITH LORD WAHEGURU AND SAID ;
BANI GURU GURU HAI BAANI, VICH BAANI AMRIT SAARAI,,
GURBANI KAHAI SEWAK JAN MAANAI , PARTAKH GURU NISTARAI.
(page 973, sggs)

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
akhand mandal nirankaar meh anhad bayn bajaav-ogo. ||1||
In the imperishable realm of the Formless Lord, I play the flute of the unstruck sound current. ||1||bairaagee raameh gaav-ogo.
sabad ateet anaahad raataa aakul kai ghar jaa-ugo. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Imbued with the unattached, unstruck Word of the Shabad, I shall go to the home of the Lord, who has no ancestors. ||1||Pause||
irhaa pingulaa a-or sukhmanaa pa-unai banDh rahaa-ugo.
Then, I shall no longer control the breath through the energy channels of the Ida, Pingala and Shushmanaa.
chand sooraj du-ay sam kar raakha-o barahm jot mil jaa-ugo. ||2||
I look upon both the moon and the sun as the same, and I shall merge in the Light of God. ||2||
THERE ARE SOME PRACTICAL TIPS IN GURBANI FOR ONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO MEET WAHEGURU , LET WE TRY TO UNDERSTAND GURBANI AND DO PRACTICAL ON IT. GURUJI AND BHAGAT DID PRACTICAL AND WRITE IN GURBANI THAT HOW THEY MERGE WITH LORD WAHEGURU AND SAID ;
BANI GURU GURU HAI BAANI, VICH BAANI AMRIT SAARAI,,
GURBANI KAHAI SEWAK JAN MAANAI , PARTAKH GURU NISTARAI.
(page 973, sggs)

Respected Saint and Soldier Ji,

thankyou for bringing up the beautiful shabad.

This Shabad Talks about- all the other ways are of no use ONLY THE RIGHT WAY FOR NAAMDEV JI IS: keeping his mind always in God's SHARAN. Simple as that.

each line describes so clearly about the uselessness of other methods:

ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਆਨੰਤਾ ਗੀਤ ਕਬਿਤ ਨ ਗਾਵਉਗੋ ॥ ਅਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਮਹਿ ਅਨਹਦ ਬੇਨੁ ਬਜਾਵਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਰਾਮਹਿ ਗਾਵਉਗੋ ॥ ਸਬਦਿ ਅਤੀਤ ਅਨਾਹਦਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਆਕੁਲ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਅਉਰੁ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਪਉਨੈ ਬੰਧਿ ਰਹਾਉਗੋ ॥ ਚੰਦੁ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਦੁਇ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਰਾਖਉ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੨॥ ਤੀਰਥ ਦੇਖਿ ਨ ਜਲ ਮਹਿ ਪੈਸਉ ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਨ ਸਤਾਵਉਗੋ ॥ ਅਠਸਠਿ ਤੀਰਥ ਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਖਾਏ ਘਟ ਹੀ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਉਗੋ ॥੩॥ ਪੰਚ ਸਹਾਈ ਜਨ ਕੀ ਸੋਭਾ ਭਲੋ ਭਲੋ ਨ ਕਹਾਵਉਗੋ ॥ ਨਾਮਾ ਕਹੈ ਚਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਉ ਰਾਤਾ ਸੁੰਨ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਸਮਾਉਗੋ ॥੪॥੨॥

Gurmukhi Translations along with padarth(Bhai Sahib Bhai Sahib Singh Ji):
pdArQ:- Awnµqw—byAMq [ n gwvaugo—n gwvauN, mYN nhIN gwauNdw [ AKMf—AivnwSI [ AKMf mMfl—AivnwSI itkwxy vwlw (pRBU) [ Anhd bynu—iek-rs v`jdI rihx vwlI bMsrI [ bjwvaugo—bjWvau, mYN vjw irhw hW [1[
bYrwgI—vYrwgvwn ho ky, mwieAw vloN auprwm ho ky, mwieAw nwloN moh qoV ky [ sbid—(gurU dy) Sbd dI rwhIN [ AqIq—ivrkq, audws [ Anwhid—Anwhd ivc, ie`k-rs itky rihx vwly hrI ivc, AivnwSI pRBU ivc [ Awkul kY Gir—srb-ivAwpk pRBU dy crnW ivc [ jwaugo—jwau, mYN jWdw hW, mYN itikAw rihMdw hW [1[rhwau[
paunY bMiD—pvn ƒ bMnH ky, pvn vrgy cMcl mn ƒ kwbU ivc r`K ky [ (not:- swry bMd ghu nwl pVHo; is&iq-swlwh dy twkry qy krm kWf qy qIrQ ieSnwn Awidk dI inKyDI kr rhy hn; ies bMd ivc BI pRwxwXwm ƒ by-loVvW kih rhy hn) [ suKmnw {Skt. su—uMxw—A particular artery of the human body said to lie between efæw and ipzglw two of the vessels of the body} n`k dy au~prvwr m`Qy dy ivc auh nwVI ijs ivc pRwxwXwm vyly jogI lok K`bI sur (ieVw) dy rwh pRwx cwVH ky itkwauNdy hn qy s`jI nws dI nwVI ipMglw dy rwh auqwr dyNdy hn [ cMdu—K`bI sur ieVw [ sUrju—s`jI sur ipMglw [ sm—brwbr, ie`ko ijhI [2[
n pYsau—nhIN pYNdw [ BIqir—AMdr [3[
pMc shweI—s`jx im`qr [ rwqw—rMigAw hoieAw [ suMn smwiD—mn dI auh iekwgRqw ijs ivc koeI mwiek Purnw nhIN au~Tdw, ijs ivc mwieAw dy PurinAW vloN suM\ hI suM\ hY [4[
ArQ:- (siqgurU dy) Sbd dI brkiq nwl mYN vYrwgvwn ho ky, ivrkq ho ky pRBU dy gux gw irhw hW, AibnwsI pRBU (dy ipAwr) ivc rMigAw igAw hW, qy srb-kul-ivAwpk pRBU dy crnW ivc A`pV igAw hW [1[rhwau[
mYƒ vyd Swsqr, purwn Awidk dy gIq kib`q gwvx dI loV nhIN, ikauNik mYN AivnwSI itkwxy vwly inrMkwr ivc juV ky (aus dy ipAwry dI) ie`k-rs bMsrI vjw irhw hW [1[
(pRBU dI is&iq-swlwh dI brkiq nwl) cMcl mn ƒ rok ky (mYN pRBU-crnW ivc) itikAw hoieAw hW—iehI myrw ieVw, ipMglw, suKmnw (dw swDn) hY; myry leI K`bI s`jI sur ieko ijhI hY (Bwv, pRwx cwVHny auqwrny myry vwsqy ie`ko ijhI g`l hY, by-loVvyN hn), ikauNik mYN prmwqmw dI joq ivc itikAw bYTw hW [2[
nw mYN qIrQW dy drSn krdw hW, nw auhnW dy pwxI ivc cu`BI lwauNdw hW, qy nw hI mYN aus pwxI ivc rihx vwly jIvW ƒ frauNdw hW [ mYƒ qW myry gurU ny (myry AMdr hI) ATwhT qIrQ ivKw id`qy hn [ so, mYN Awpxy AMdr hI (Awqm-qIrQ au~qy) ieSnwn krdw hW [3[
nwmdyv AwKdw hY—(krm-kWf, qIrQ Awidk nwl lok jgq dI soBw loVdy hn, pr) mYƒ (iehnW krmW dy AwDwr qy) s`jxW-im`qrW qy lokW dI soBw dI loV nhIN hY, mYƒ ieh Zrz nhIN ik koeI mYƒ Blw AwKy; myrw ic`q pRBU (-ipAwr) ivc rMigAw igAw hY, mYN aus itkwau ivc itikAw hoieAw hW ij`Qy mwieAw dw koeI Purnw nhIN Purdw [4[2[

same way goes English translations (SikhiToTheMax)

There are countless Vedas, Puraanas and Shaastras; I do not sing their songs and hymns.
In the imperishable realm of the Formless Lord, I play the flute of the unstruck sound current. ||1||
I do not go to see sacred shrines of pilgrimage, or bathe in their waters; I do not bother any beings or creatures.
The Guru has shown me the sixty-eight places of pilgrimage within my own heart, where I now take my cleansing bath. ||3||
I do not pay attention to anyone praising me, or calling me good and nice.
Says Naam Dayv, my consciousness is imbued with the Lord; I am absorbed in the profound state of Samaadhi. ||4||2||

Rahaao pangti describes it all- we need to sing His praises. we need to stay datached from maya. One Pointed ness of mind takes us to the state where we can hear the unstruck sound of shabad................Then listening and absorbing in this sound we go to His abode................

no need to sing vedaas..
no need to control breath as yogies do through energy channels..(for him both sides ida or pingula are the same)...
68 pilgrimage are within.......

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Surinder ji and Saint ji

Forums are places for debates. But this forum also needs spirituality. This is really a nice thread-- these are calming and reassuring shabd's. There is relevance in this.

Thank you.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected aad0002 Ji,

today's respected hukamnaama also says the same thing, making us aware of all these useless practices:

pwTu piVE Aru bydu bIcwirE invil BuAMgm swDy ] pMc jnw isau sMgu n CutikE AiDk AhMbuiD bwDy ]1] ipAwry ien ibiD imlxu n jweI mY kIey krm Anykw ] hwir pirE suAwmI kY duAwrY dIjY buiD ibbykw ] rhwau ]______
pwTu piVE Aru bydu bIcwirE invil BuAMgm swDy ] pMc jnw isau sMgu n CutikE AiDk AhMbuiD bwDy ]1] ipAwry ien ibiD imlxu n jweI mY kIey krm Anykw ] hwir pirE suAwmI kY duAwrY dIjY buiD ibbykw ] rhwau ]______

isn't this amazing...............

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM