• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Meditate - How, What, Where And When?

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
God Bless You Chaz Ji, you are right on the mark and YES ONE Creator Consciousness is ALL around us we simply need to tune in. Good luck Life is Grand, Fresh and Inspiring and YOU inspire me with your beautiful flow of Gurbani that speaks the Truth.
Mandip

Aug 28, 2010
In gurbani page 722 Line 13 is a tuk about how to obtain our Husband Lord God.

This particular part touched me intensely but I have not obtained my Lord yet. It is a motivation for me to do so.

aap gavaa-ee-ai taa saho paa-ee-ai, a-or kaisee chaturaa-ee.
Give up your selfhood and so obtain your Husband Lord; what other clever tricks are of any use?

First one should know who is Husband Lord in Gurbanee.?
In Gurbanee Husband LORD is RAM NAAMu.
This Husband LORD can be obtained thru SATi GuRu only.
So try to get to meet your SATi GuRu thru making Ardasi.
Sati GuRu will get you to meet your Husband Lord.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
First one should know who is Husband Lord in Gurbanee.?
In Gurbanee Husband LORD is RAM NAAMu.
This Husband LORD can be obtained thru SATi GuRu only.
So try to get to meet your SATi GuRu thru making Ardasi.
Sati GuRu will get you to meet your Husband Lord.
Prakash.s.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji stop confusing. There is one creator and it is not named and even if named it does not carry any associated meaning that Hinduism will assign to this NAAMu, SHAAMu, RAAMu, etc., that gets implied through your dialog.

Let us say focused on "One Creator". The naming is for small minds and not Sikh minds enriched by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The naming approach is a misdirection that actually clutters Sikhism versus helping or keeping it pure as envisaged by Guru jis.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji stop confusing. There is one creator and it is not named and eben if named it does not carry any assocaited meaning that Hidnusism will assign to this NAAMu, SHAAMu, RAAMu, etc., that gets implied through your dialog.

Let us say focused on "One Creator". The naming is for small minds and not Sikh minds enriched by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The naming approach is a misdirection that actually clutters Sikhism versus helping or keeping it pure es envisaged by Guru jis.

Sat Sri Akal.

I just dont want to give any views on your thinking.By now we know each other very well.
But one thing I may tell you very clearly unless you are sincere with understanding of Gurbanee words...there will always be intrusion by any
person to preach you about Sikh Philosophy who may not have even seen a single word from SGGS .
So we should learn to be true to what our GuRu is saying.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
So we should learn to be true to what our GuRu is saying.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji I have no history of allegiances to any sects or programming of mind. So if you are true to Sikhism, trust me I have nothing but truth in my thoughts. Your friend referred to being Nirmala who do not believe in the exclusivity of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the scripture for Sikhs. Reading other stuff is fine but use of such other to confuse understanding of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is a dis-service. I only jump in when I see so. This is not for me but I only think of the next generation. You me and many others of older age are beyond repair or major mind shift and are basically on auto pilot to the approaching funeral pyre.

Sat Sri Akal.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Prakash.S.Bagga ji I have no history of allegiances to any sects or programming of mind. So if you are true to Sikhism, trust me I have nothing but truth in my thoughts. Your friend referred to being Nirmala who do not believe in the exclusivity of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the scripture for Sikhs. Reading other stuff is fine but use of such other to confuse understanding of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is a dis-service. I only jump in when I see so. This is not for me but I only think of the next generation. You me and many others of older age are beyond repair or major mind shift and are basically on auto pilot to the approaching funeral pyre.

Sat Sri Akal.

Satnaam Ji,

Why should you be beyond repair, to say that is to say that God cannot Fix you or anyone after a certain age or after so many years of thinking a certain way...so HE just gives up
If peoples minds are so Set on a certain way whether correct or not correct, shouldnt their ardaas always be "Waheguru Ji, only you know if i am on the correct path or not...i know nothing and profess to know nothing, only you know and none other...i beg at your feet and ask that you show me the TRUTH in this life (whether you believe in re-incarnation or not). I humbly ask you to get me on the True path in this life...that is my only request"

Even if there is one amongst us on the complete 100% True path, even they have to be on their toes to prevent being dragged back into Maya. So we should always do this ardaas. This is my belief anyway...

Maybe i'm wrong or maybe I'm right...only Waheguru knows :)

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Satnaam Ji,

Why should you be beyond repair, to say that is to say that God cannot Fix you or anyone after a certain age or after so many years of thinking a certain way...so HE just gives up
If peoples minds are so Set on a certain way whether correct or not correct, shouldnt their ardaas always be "Waheguru Ji, only you know if i am on the correct path or not...i know nothing and profess to know nothing, only you know and none other...i beg at your feet and ask that you show me the TRUTH in this life (whether you believe in re-incarnation or not). I humbly ask you to get me on the True path in this life...that is my only request"

Even if there is one amongst us on the complete 100% True path, even they have to be on their toes to prevent being dragged back into Maya. So we should always do this ardaas. This is my belief anyway...

Maybe i'm wrong or maybe I'm right...only Waheguru knows :)
chazsingh veer ji well put. The issue is one of practicality.

People have input the same line for a year even after agreeing that the stuff made no sense or it was not what was stated by Guru ji or to be understood from SGGS.

So one hardens with age like rest of the body. Doesn't mean being better or wiser. Me being no exception. In such situations the ability to change or change taking hold pretty well goes on a downhill slide. Unfortunate but reality.

So some of the exacerbating comment I make with such background.

Sat Sri Akal.

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
Simply sharing again on topic of change. A few years ago I got thrown off the conveyer belt of life. Had this inner pull to quit my corporate career and change my ways. It was an inner knowing and feeling. Little did I know the change calling was my soul seeking more spiritual fulfillment and purpose. A return to home base station you could say!

When I quit I reflected on all that I had done in my life including all the belief systems and knew changes were required. FUSION was a word that kept occurring i.e. and a feeling that the Universe is ONE and all being fused and returning back to ONE. After creating my new company a week passed and I met a young Sikh girl at the Gurdwara and she asked me to visit her college and present to youth on the topic of Change. I was very surprised but knew there was a reason and dots were connecting to empower Youth.

Last year I presented to youth at Guelph Gurdwara. Some expressed they were experiencing racism. I asked a simple question of how they felt when they mixed with other cultures. Some responded their parents told them to "stay away from Gora children" and note this was a full Gur Sikh youth! Sometimes we are our own enemy. I explained that they were expressing energy outward of a negative limiting belief that other cultures are not superior as theirs and like a mirror they were experiencing what they gave out. Conquer Your Mind, Conquer The Universe - Guru Nanak knew all we get is what we send out and that the change must occur inside of us.

Youth must be empowered to allow creative thinking and their Spirit to flow with all cultures. The ONE Intelligence is no name, no outline, totally free and fearless. When we start labeling we are holding back the full expression of something that has no beginning, middle or end. The precise reason Guru Nanak refused to give labels and was expansive in his expressions. 1 or EK means ONE and if there is only 1 then the whole human race is part of 1 and therefore, every name, preference we choose is good as long as it is within our hearts we seek and do not fall into the trap of finding one name that is supposed to fit the whole Universe. I believe that inner being is PURE LOVE, PURE COMPASSION and FORGIVING.

Here is my family a United Universal family where we can all celebrate all names as we desire without anyone thinking they have the right flavor or name.

http://www.sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?id=3052&cat=26

With forgiveness if I speak out of place, but our future generations are relying on open minded creative inspired fresh ways to guide them and we must become that change first.

With Divine Love and Blessings of WaheGuru Ji.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
With forgiveness if I speak out of place, but our future generations are relying on open minded creative inspired fresh ways to guide them and we must become that change first.

With Divine Love and Blessings of WaheGuru Ji.

Satnaam Penji,

you are correct, we must become the change first and through that change we then allow the next generation to blossom and express themselves further.

I have no children as yet, but God Willing if i have kids i dont want to put any barriers up...i want to be able to show them through my actions to accept all as one, and to do Seva of Gods creations without a single though that others are different...maybe they can inspire me even more and help uplift me also :)

It will be a challenge though as my Wife is very much a 'me me me' sort of a person, attached to money, belongings, not interested in god, Seva etc.
I often think if we were to have a child right now, how the child will be hit by two very different views on Life.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Last year I presented to youth at Guelph Gurdwara. Some expressed they were experiencing racism. I asked a simple question of how they felt when they mixed with other cultures. Some responded their parents told them to "stay away from Gora children" and note this was a full Gur Sikh youth! Sometimes we are our own enemy. I explained that they were expressing energy outward of a negative limiting belief that other cultures are not superior as theirs and like a mirror they were experiencing what they gave out. Conquer Your Mind, Conquer The Universe - Guru Nanak knew all we get is what we send out and that the change must occur inside of us.

Satnaam Penji,

Gury Ji so perfectly describes:

aap shhodd sabh hoe raenaa jis dhaee prabh nira(n)kaar ||3||
One who is so blessed by the Formless Lord God renounces selfishness, and becomes the dust of all. ||3|| Siree Raag 51

raen sagal eiaa man karai eaeoo karam kamaae ||
He makes his mind the dust of all; such is the karma of the deeds he does. Raag Gauree 256

sabh kee raen hoe rehai manooaa sagalae dheesehi meeth piaarae ||
My mind has become the dust of all, and everyone seems a sweet friend to me. Raag Aasaa 379

One of the biggests stumbling blocks we will all hit on our spiritual path and development is the thinking of "we are better than others" due to believeing in God, or being on the spitiutual path.
That feeling of 'being better' will manifest in our surroundings with others passing racist remarks, swearing etc. this is all part of the creation design. How does one then re-act? with anger? the need to stay away from the Goree?

Become the dust of the feet of all (gods creation) become so humble that even if someone stood at your face, swore endlessly at you...that you're able to smile back and say "god bless you"...to be able to see beyond the hate of the other persons mind, which is not really them and to be able to see the God in them.

Very easy for me to write this down, but very difficult to put into practice...but with practice and self control, it can be done...believe me i've had my tests over the past 8 months and with Full trust in Simran and self analysis i feel more humble and able to deal with things so much better...what this does is that i'm then able to Sit for the next days Simran feeling happier, more relaxed...rather than upset that i've reacted badly in a certain situation.

At the gurdwara this weekend, i saw a middle aged gentleman who had a deformity of his arm...he was wiping and cleaning everyones shoes, even kissing them. People were looking at him like he was crazy...
I felt blessed to have seen this person...so humble and he understood the meaning of becoming the Dust of All.

How many of us will clean everyones shoes at the gurdwara every weekend without worrying about what people will think, if someone will see us etc?

God Bless All.

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
Chaz Ji

"Become the dust of the feet of all (gods creation) become so humble that even if someone stood at your face, swore endlessly at you...that you're able to smile back and say "god bless you"...to be able to see beyond the hate of the other persons mind, which is not really them and to be able to see the God in them."

This all comes with his blessings, the strength and the knowing will come from within and if we all aspire to growing close to the teacher that sends us the signals of wisdom then the world will become a beautiful place. I have found nothing is out of place all perfect timing and simply lessons for vigilant student eyes - you were tuned in to notice and got the gift waiting for your heart. As for others don't worry too much when the right timing comes ALL will be revealed to each, I do not believe anyone gets left behind.

Blessings be upon you.
Mandip

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
Chaz Ji
The hardest lesson I had to learn was that I could not "tune my husband" or other family members to what I was experiencing. They did not change because I had, because it is not their right timing. Our job is to manage our own energy frequency (tuning into Guru Ji when he wakes us up) and with that our cup spills over with love to others with compassion. All our family members will learn whatever lessons are in store for them in their own time. Life is about experiencing and learning as we go along. If we never make mistakes then how would we learn? As for your children in the future, if ONE parent can become the conduit for instilling balance in a family unit that will be fine it only takes one! I have twin sons 26. One of my sons started tuning into spiritual topics a little after I did, and I wondered how that happened! We now do Sukhmani Sahib at family homes, never did this before and everyone loves it. My husband at first was against it but when he heard from family members how much fun it was he loved it too. New energy instills new thought and fresh actions. We must be the change and the change will follow. Don't worry, live in the moment and in living your joy others will be blessed.

Blessing be upon you always.
Mandip

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz Ji
The hardest lesson I had to learn was that I could not "tune my husband" or other family members to what I was experiencing. They did not change because I had, because it is not their right timing. Our job is to manage our own energy frequency (tuning into Guru Ji when he wakes us up) and with that our cup spills over with love to others with compassion. All our family members will learn whatever lessons are in store for them in their own time. Life is about experiencing and learning as we go along. If we never make mistakes then how would we learn? As for your children in the future, if ONE parent can become the conduit for instilling balance in a family unit that will be fine it only takes one! I have twin sons 26. One of my sons started tuning into spiritual topics a little after I did, and I wondered how that happened! We now do Sukhmani Sahib at family homes, never did this before and everyone loves it. My husband at first was against it but when he heard from family members how much fun it was he loved it too. New energy instills new thought and fresh actions. We must be the change and the change will follow. Don't worry, live in the moment and in living your joy others will be blessed.

Blessing be upon you always.
Mandip

Satnaam Mandip Penji,

Very nice words of advice :)

Although the past year has been very difficult, the experiences regardless of severity have been a blessing...a true blessing because it sparked off something within, so much stronger than experienced before in my life...how can i complain :)

God bless you.

Jul 21, 2017
meditation is seva. i searched for god through meditation. i was lost and in search of a friend. through naam japna. i eventually seen the lord. call me crazy, i fell in love with him. i could never forget his name and i dont want to forget. i love my beloved he removed the seed of my doubt and through him i became dettached but still loved. i love all living things they are all one and the same. every time i close my eyes i sit in his lap and humbly bow. hes my best friend.
the thoughts are with me wherever i go. that is mediation. just talking about him my heart beats faster. no matter who i tell no one will understand the love i have amd what i seen. meditate when u want. amrit vela helps. but remember an inexperienced undisciplined mind is not recommended at this time. when you meditate you are channeling. sometimes depending on your sensitivity you can attract different things especially during amrit vela.

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
but remember an inexperienced undisciplined mind is not recommended at this time. when you meditate you are channeling. sometimes depending on your sensitivity you can attract different things especially during amrit vela.

What do you mean?

Jul 21, 2017
What do you mean?

its difficult to explain.
when you meditate your opening yourself up to connect. some people are what i call sensitive. you can attract other spirits as well. when i started to meditate every day i used to experience and see spirits more often especially in sleep having very vivid dreams being attacked by spirits or seeing dark figures. i eventually learnt to protect my self by placing a blue bubble around myself that could push things away. i learnt how to break dreams i was not happy with and awake immediately. when being attacked i would meditate on the naam in my dream and the spirit would leave me. i conquered my fears.
this was part of the path i experienced whilst seeing the lords lotus feet and resting on his legs. one time i experienced what people call astral projection. the world is like a shady blue and you walk around hovering finding it hard to control your body. you can walk around your house. it is very different from a normal dream. theres a lot more control. everyone in my house was asleep and i could see them.
The point is master yourself and your fears through love and realisation of your origin. and always mediatate on your love. my love is onkar, waheguru ji.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
when you meditate your opening yourself up to connect. some people are what i call sensitive. you can attract other spirits as well. when i started to meditate every day i used to experience and see spirits more often especially in sleep having very vivid dreams being attacked by spirits or seeing dark figures. i eventually learnt to protect my self by placing a blue bubble around myself that could push things away. i learnt how to break dreams i was not happy with and awake immediately. when being attacked i would meditate on the naam in my dream and the spirit would leave me. i conquered my fears.
this was part of the path i experienced whilst seeing the lords lotus feet and resting on his legs. one time i experienced what people call astral projection. the world is like a shady blue and you walk around hovering finding it hard to control your body. you can walk around your house. it is very different from a normal dream. theres a lot more control. everyone in my house was asleep and i could see them.
The point is master yourself and your fears through love and realisation of your origin. and always mediatate on your love. my love is onkar, waheguru ji.

I've had very similar experiences...
i've spoken to some people that give up and get scared during this stage..

Personally, it never once stopped me from waking up the following night and doing Simran again during Amrit Vela...

I am slightly on the fence with your comments on the undisciplined mind mingling with Amrit Vela...

Sometimes i think that if my mind is still very unstable, that i will manifest negative things by doing Amrit Vela...we are creative beings...we can create our surroundings....and i think Amrit Vela can magnify this...

Other times i think that Amrit Vela is needed to see the undisciplined mind more clearly and seek assistance from within to purify it...stabilize it ready for the marvels ahead..

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK

Tasveer Singh Ji

Consider yourself fortunate because walking around the house in an astral body is a gift from the gods. This is an exclusive excursion limited to the few. What you've described above sounds like soul travel. The word "hovering" denotes that experience and overtime with bit more practice you'll be the pilot and not the passenger. Then there'll be no more crashing into the walls as the soul leaves the body, the room, the house and in some cases planet Earth. These events are occasioned at the grace of Waheguru Ji and are in no way human orchestrated. There will come a time when the soul will begin to gravitate towards "anhad shabd" [page 124 SGGSJ], her true home and origin - ineffable experience.

God bless you !

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Tasveer Singh Jee

What you have explained does not make us truthful which is the tenet of gurmat. This is tanrik practice to achieve certain 'ridhi and sidhi' and gurbani outrightly rejects by saying ridh sidh avra saadh.
regards

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Tasveer Singh Jee

What you have explained does not make us truthful which is the tenet of gurmat. This is tanrik practice to achieve certain 'ridhi and sidhi' and gurbani outrightly rejects by saying ridh sidh avra saadh.
regards

not if the experience is given by Waheguru...

If all our focus is solely on the ridhi and sidhi then yes, of course this is against Gurmat...the ridhis and sidhis then become a distraction and one seeks to use them for their own benefit..

But so far in my own journey, i have realised many things...sights, sounds, other things i cannot explain...this is certain to happen because you are becoming 'aware' of all these things on the journey...
But i can only say that focus has to remain on the ultimate destination...even in the spiritual planes the 5 thieves can influence...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: