• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Meditate - How, What, Where And When?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
The main symbol of meditation is AUM, now do you support that? if so by all means you can go sanatan (hindu).
Kamala ji I am a free soul, not here to support, OM or any other symbol, as these are just lines in sand. I am here to learn, understand and live in consonance with the understanding and creation through SGGS.

Sat Sri Akal.

ZaraONE

SPNer
Jul 26, 2010
Kamala ji I am a free soul, not here to support, OM or any other symbol, as these are just lines in sand. I am here to learn, understand and live in consonance with the understanding and creation through Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Sat Sri Akal.

Sat Sri Akal
"lines in sand" well put Ji. When we are able to raise our consciousness above all the symbols and live as FREE souls we are then able to enjoy the Love of ONE Humanity.

"Recognize the human race as ONE" - Guru Gobind Singh Ji

We only "receive" that which we are ready and hunger for. Simply sharing another "experience" so that we may all unite as one mega family and ensure our children are empowered with Love and Unity.

http://www.sikhchic.com/current_events/the_children_will_lead_them

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
I have always had a somewhat difficult time meditating, as I have a Neuropathy, and the pain can be rather distracting to a degree that it poses quite a barrier to it's being easily 'tuned out' - but, with a little help from mother nature, I've had two fortunate journies, whilst lying down to meditate, in which that part of me which Tibetan Buddhism calls the Clear Light, well, 'seperated' from me resting body, and, after a journey, a Reading of My Book Of Life, and a Helpful Chat with an Enlightened One, in while we were both oin the Intermediate 'Formless Form', I was allowed to ask God "what it's all about"; and it is THIS kind of Experience that you should be seeking to achieve through Meditation.
The "focus", if you will, should be upon what I shall call 'The Formless Senses', which are "inherent to" the Clear Light Part of Our Being; the Part Of Us that, passing from the body upon death, dwells in Intermediate Form, in the Formless Realm, until it's Next Incarnation (or whatever - some stay, some go higher, as you know, of course);
You need to learn to "sense" - to 'reach out and SEE the world around you, with your eyes closed' - using only the Visual Senses that THAT PART OF YOU Uses, when Disincarnate (ie: 'Dead'), to "See, though you have no more eyes....."; to "Hear the world around you, with your ears plugged" - using only the Aural Senses that THAT PART OF YOU Uses to, "See, though you have no more ears.....".
If you can focus upon these senses with sufficient aclarity, you can them conjure the impulse to literally "tear free" from your Physical Form, and to thus Achieve the Total Transcendence of Your Consciousness Into The Imtermediate Realm, while your body lies there - I'd speculate, though I was not wired up - with a 3 BPM Pulse, and taking only 2 breaths per minute as well.
It's an Awesome Experience - but it's definitely NOT for everyone.
Forgiving Oneself, you see, can be the Hardest Part.
In My Opinion, if you've followed Sikh Teachings all of your life, and you've at least been aware of the fact that you need to and you have thus honestly tried to mind your karmic balance sheet, then I would say - Go For It!
You Probably Have the Mentality - the Outlook - to make it through the Reading of YOUR Book Of Life; which is the Fate of those Monkeys who - Unwisely! So Master Fa Thai has ALSO warned the Sangha! - Seek to "Jump from the branchs of the tree of their life", and, as I've extend his apt metaphore, "To explore the woods between the trees of ALL Their Lives"; as the whole, potentially very uncomfortable and embarassing, "reading of the book" bit that you have to go through FIRST, you see - THEN you get to have fun, looking through the memories of all of those other peoples who you once were, playing with your super-macro-micro-scopic vision, making flowers appear magically in that girl who you really likes favorite vase (well, maybe!) etc.!!!
Just remember: Knowledge - Especially THAT Kind of Knowledge! - Can be both a Blessing AND a Curse!:singhsippingcoffee:

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
You guys are twisting the words around.. meditation is a Sanatan invented tradition/culture, and most of the people I see here are against that, soooo..

I agree, as pleasant as the sensation may be, and even as helpful to mind and health, all these are without doubt, I do not believe there is any benefit that will make me a better Sikh, a better healthier person, maybe, a better Sikh, no

Jan 9, 2012
Harry Ji -
There are many paths, as long as the destination is the Guru. If your seva and study of Bani are done with surat (mindful intention), who am I to say that this won't get you to the desired destination? Sikhi is a DIY (Do It Yourself) religion; that's a great part of its appeal. Glad to meet you as our paths intersect!

Your friend,
Wakey mundahug

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Awakeandji
To be honest, We are all as bad as each other, my aversion to meditation is as bad as another who has an attachment to meditation.

It is good to meditate, to think, to debate, I had a similar issue before with the use of the word 'God', Adminji kindly pointed out that I had an aversion to the word, and she was correct. Another wise woman, my wife, has pointed out that I meditate all the time, but to me its not meditating its self analysis, to which she replies that I am losing myself in semantics, which is not true as I am anti semantic! lol (ok I hope you have a sense of humour)

I suppose I am averse to pointless parrot fashion chanting, which I see as quite Vedic, in the same way that I used to view 'God' as purely Abrahamic domain, but I have ended up tarring the entire practice of meditation with the Vedic Chanting on top of mountains.

I still strongly feel that Simran is an awareness of Creator rather than just repeating words, but I would concede that we all meditate, whether we like it or not.

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Kamala ji
I think that Meditation has been around a LOT longer than the Vedas - but I wouldn't want to damage you Sikh Pride, though one should seek to keep things like that in Check....
Harry Haller ji
I think YOU'RE RIGHT!
People come and go at my Temple - Meditation, the Golden Brahmas and Buddhas, it's all just a passing fad......a 'new thing' to titilate their jaded selves.....though, again, I wouldn't want to discourage ANYONE from seeking the Dharma.
As I said above: One should look in while meditating, in order to gain the ability to STEP OUT of the physical form, and experience the Formless Realm as a Clear Light; that should be the Goal, in my Humble Opinion!

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Kamala ji
I think that Meditation has been around a LOT longer than the Vedas - but I wouldn't want to damage you Sikh Pride, though one should seek to keep things like that in Check....
JimRinX ji Kamala ji brings meditation in not as a Sikhi but a Hindu concept. Kind of Tans-sexual combination of Hinduism-Sikhism she believes in. To each their own!

JimRinX ji not being flippant, I wrote the following in one of the posts,

Our dog meditates all the time and I have (can take too) pictures to prove. He closes his eyes and looks towards the sun and just reflects. At other times in a nice breeze he closes his eyes and let the nice breeze (specially if it is sunny) ruffle his fur ever so gently as he contemplates. In extreme Samadhi at night he even verbalizes some of his experience by muttering or almost making baby barks while buried in deep consciousness.
Any comments or like or differing observations. It was also an indirect way of telling Kamala ji that so called Meditation that she assigns to Hinduism and Vedas is actually an integral part of the Animal Kingdom. So meditation has been around way before even humans learned to stand up on their two feet peacesign. We interpret with vanity and ignorance. Animals cannot speak up and wisely ignore the idiot-ness portion in us while interfacing to the loving and respectful portion in us humans.
evolution.jpg

Take care and you write very well peacesign mundahug

Hoping things are better for you with every passing moment.

Last edited:

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Ambarsaria ji
Thank You! I really needed a little pick me up - and, things ARE starting to turn around, as far as my having been Seeking Justice vis-a-vis certain Hate Crime Murders that I know you've seen me talking about before.
I have, for example, PROOF that I forced USAG John Ashcroft to resign, on Nov. 2nd, 2004, for example; as well as PROOF that he, and certain Federal Agents who're as Guilty as He IS, have been abusing their powers by sending 'Agent Provocateurs' to try to incriminate me in a number of different ways - mostly by altering my Medical Records (Dastardly!!!), and then challenging my RIGHTS to take Narcotic Pain Medicines, by pretending that I'm an "Addict".
The Current Administration IS NOT AMUSED!!!
I thought you'd all be Glad to hear THAT!!!
I too had a Dog that meditated and/or dreamed - lying on it's side, with it's legs running in place, and a snarl-squeal-growl-woof coming from it's mouth; but then, not to seem too Hindu about it, I think most of us would agree that Reincarnation as a Dog is not an impossibility......as Dogs CLEARLY have a 'soul', are 'aware' (have 'Theory of Mind'), etc..
Well, at least Jake - who was Half-Coyote - did.
I think we all underestimate Animals, as much as Kamala ji (in your opinion) underestimates the influence of the Vedas on Sikh Philosophy and Thought.
But the, all 'religions', so it would seem, tend to have an attitude problem about all other religions, don't they?
Thus, I have a New Philosophy!
I call it the E Pluribus Umma Wahid Philosophy! Or, "Out of Many, One Community".
At it's heart is the Concept that EVERYONE is EVERYONE ELSES "Dhimmi'; or, we ALL "protect" each other - No Dominant Religion or Class taking the cream of everything for themselves.
When I'm through with my Litigatory Attack upon the Bad Guys, I'll be starting a web site to promote it!
But then, IF I actually "bust" Mr. Ashcroft, I'll be famous enough to do just that AND get noticed!
Imagine - Peace On Earth!

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Bani is just words as in prayers, if you want to meditate, do what the yogis do.

Meditation is a Hindu thing.. I think you are confused with jaap and meditation. I mean, you can't meditate and read bani at the same time xD

Satnaam Kamala Ji,

If you sit down and read your Bani, Concentrate on each individual sound, feel the sounds vibrate down your ears...your soul is listening :) the sounds are powerfull, they will resonate to your soul...Contemplate on the meaning of the Gurbani that you read...anything you don't understand ask god in your mind to help you understand...

When you are doing this whilst reading Bani, you are doing true Bani, and you are also meditating on the Bani....you are meditating :)

After this you can also Sit quietly and concentrate (in your mind silently - not verbally) on a single word/phrase from gurbani like Ekonkaar, Satnaam, waheguru etc... and focus on it. when you try to focus and concentrate on that one single thing with your eyes closed..you will start to understand just how much you are controlled by Ego, Lust, desire, emotional attachment and anger, by the amount your mind will flash images in your head to distract you from concentrating on the naam...these images could be sexual, money orientated, anger towards another...so many things.

Then the battle starts with the mind...to become detached with the mind which controls you...this is when the fun starts :) the more you do battle with your mind...the more your Soul starts to shine through and your unconditional love will come forth.

its worth a try isnt it?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I am with Kamalaji on this one, When one meditates on Bani for the sole purpose of inward reflection, then they are simply words, you may as well meditate using the words of a pop song.

I am Sikh, I do not meditate, and I do see it is a Hindu thing

Satnaam Harry Ji,

Please read the following from SGGS Ji:

Those who meditate single-mindedly on the Naam, and contemplate the Teachings of the Guru

thin kae mukh sadh oujalae thith sachai dharabaar ||

-their faces are forever radiant in the Court of the True Lord.

oue a(n)mrith peevehi sadhaa sadhaa sachai naam piaar ||1||

They drink in the Ambrosial Nectar forever and ever, and they love the True Name. ||1||

bhaaee rae guramukh sadhaa path hoe ||

O Siblings of Destiny, the Gurmukhs are honored forever.

har har sadhaa dhhiaaeeai mal houmai kadtai dhhoe ||1|| rehaao ||

They meditate forever on the Lord, Har, Har, and they wash off the filth of egotism. ||1||Pause||

manamukh naam n jaananee vin naavai path jaae ||

The self-willed manmukhs do not know the Naam. Without the Name, they lose their honor.

this is just one example of hundreds from Guru ji. I can post all Day :)

Have you tried to do this for a certain amount of Time. In Science they say in-order to disprove something, you have to experience it, and test it for yourself and see it with your own eyes...this also applies to your bagti and devotion....not to just believe in what people say...to test for yourself.

Do it every day for 6 months...every day do ardaas to Waheguru Ji, tell him you have doubts about whether this is the correct way...say to Waheguru Ji that you are tired of the views of everyone and want to know the 'Truth' and gently ask Waheguru ji to come live inside your heart and show you the true way and ask for his support in testing this out.

then do your meditation...every day for six months without fail...and share your experiences with everyone. after 6 months i'm sure you will decide whether this is for you or not :)

But remember you must feel some thirst for Waheguru ji already in your heart in-order for your motivation to be there. The thirst is Gods Grace. If the thirst is low at the moment...as this into your ardaas requesting it.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
The questions raised by lucky Singh are very difficult to answer.

Think the following from Sukhmani sahib:

............Prabh ke simmran sabh kuch soojhe..........

One should do simmran, path, etc. Rest one should leave on Waheguru !

He will sure one day give the capabiity of complete concentration.

Do repeated simmran.........Forget the rest. That is the only answer to Lucky Singh questions

Satnaam Harbhajan Ji,

Yes, it is that simple and clear, yet our mind (computer which is to be 'used' correctly but which we are being 'used by') confuses the matter, ego comes into play and we over think based on our minds experiences.

The light is lost due to the Fog of the mind...clear the fog and the light (god) shines through. God is KartaPurkh (only doer)...our mind says God is not KartaPurkh... Keep doing simran with Complete Love and commitment and the joy of wanting to be with Waheguru, and the Sadness of feeling away from him.... God will Sureley take care of the rest.... :)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Kamala ji
Harry Haller ji
I think YOU'RE RIGHT!
People come and go at my Temple - Meditation, the Golden Brahmas and Buddhas, it's all just a passing fad......a 'new thing' to titilate their jaded selves.....though, again, I wouldn't want to discourage ANYONE from seeking the Dharma.
As I said above: One should look in while meditating, in order to gain the ability to STEP OUT of the physical form, and experience the Formless Realm as a Clear Light; that should be the Goal, in my Humble Opinion!

Satnaam Sat Sangat Ji,

Meditation has been around before the creation itself...God was in deep meditation / Smadhi :)

arabadh narabadh dhhu(n)dhhookaaraa ||
For endless eons, there was only utter darkness.

dhharan n gaganaa hukam apaaraa ||
There was no earth or sky; there was only the infinite Command of His Hukam.

naa dhin rain n cha(n)dh n sooraj su(n)n samaadhh lagaaeidhaa ||1||
There was no day or night, no moon or sun; God sat in primal, profound Samaadhi

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Awakeandji
To be honest, We are all as bad as each other, my aversion to meditation is as bad as another who has an attachment to meditation.

It is good to meditate, to think, to debate, I had a similar issue before with the use of the word 'God', Adminji kindly pointed out that I had an aversion to the word, and she was correct. Another wise woman, my wife, has pointed out that I meditate all the time, but to me its not meditating its self analysis, to which she replies that I am losing myself in semantics, which is not true as I am anti semantic! lol (ok I hope you have a sense of humour)

I suppose I am averse to pointless parrot fashion chanting, which I see as quite Vedic, in the same way that I used to view 'God' as purely Abrahamic domain, but I have ended up tarring the entire practice of meditation with the Vedic Chanting on top of mountains.

I still strongly feel that Simran is an awareness of Creator rather than just repeating words, but I would concede that we all meditate, whether we like it or not.

Satnaam Harry Ji,

I dont think that anyone here is talking about pointless parrot fashion chanting.

The panch shabads 5 primal sounds emanated from the source God upon starting the creation. everything in the universe vibrates with a unstruck sound current including ourselves...science knows this already:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/09sep_blackholesounds/

people can use any mantra (counting down from 20 is an example) to focus on in meditation...doing this daily will sureley still the mind over time to allow you to be more focussed on your daily duties withouth the clutter/doubts/questions that keep arising in the mind.

When we use a certain mantra like Satnaam which is the panch shabad themselves SA AA TA NA MA or Waheguru, we are not just repeating, we are focussing on the Sounds, the vibrations because they are the manifestations of the anhad shabad in the physical reality as recorded by the Guru Ji's because they could Tune into the Shabad (flow of Naam light and sound vibrations from the creator himself).

On top of concentrating and feeling the sound, we try to feel God in us literally, the flow of energy in our bodys, the trust in his existance, the deep love which brings a tear to my eyes...the sadness Bhairag that i sometimes feel inside due to my longing for him.

all of the above becomes Simran...its a feeling you cannot describe...its a joy once experienced you can never turn your back...it becomes a reality and it manifests in your life...

I am only a beginner on this journey and i used to regret that i didnt start earlier in my life...but all my lifes experiences i now understand were there (good and Bad) to bring me to this point right now where i feel intoxicated with my guru's love. It can only be his Grace. We don't do anything...all is him...and we have to believe it....as soon as we believe we are doing things...our Ego takes over, the poison that works against god.

aapae karathaa aapae bhugathaa ||
| He Himself is the Creator, and He Himself is the Enjoyer
He created the creation so that He could experience himself. We are all him...when we meditate the proper way i.e. simran as described above..It is god doing his own bagti on himself...when our minds can uderstand this truely without a single doubt then the doors are open and we experience the creation as it always should have been with unconditional love for everyone and everything as 'all is god and god is all'.

In the Tenth Gate, is the dwelling of the infinite, unseen Lord.
swier spq Bry jil inrmil gurmuiK mYlu n lwiedw ]2]
saaeir sapath bharae jal niramal guramukh mail n laaeidhaa ||2||
The seven seas are overflowing with the Ambrosial Water; the Gurmukhs are not stained with filth. ||2||

The dssam Duar and 7 chakras are a complete reality in every Human Body. Amrit will start to flow through them all...i have complete faith in this, and my guru ji will ferry me across :)

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Satnaam Harry Ji,

Please read the following from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

Those who meditate single-mindedly on the Naam, and contemplate the Teachings of the Guru

thin kae mukh sadh oujalae thith sachai dharabaar ||

-their faces are forever radiant in the Court of the True Lord.

oue a(n)mrith peevehi sadhaa sadhaa sachai naam piaar ||1||

They drink in the Ambrosial Nectar forever and ever, and they love the True Name. ||1||

bhaaee rae guramukh sadhaa path hoe ||

O Siblings of Destiny, the Gurmukhs are honored forever.

har har sadhaa dhhiaaeeai mal houmai kadtai dhhoe ||1|| rehaao ||

They meditate forever on the Lord, Har, Har, and they wash off the filth of egotism. ||1||Pause||

manamukh naam n jaananee vin naavai path jaae ||

The self-willed manmukhs do not know the Naam. Without the Name, they lose their honor.

this is just one example of hundreds from Guru ji. I can post all Day :)

Have you tried to do this for a certain amount of Time. In Science they say in-order to disprove something, you have to experience it, and test it for yourself and see it with your own eyes...this also applies to your bagti and devotion....not to just believe in what people say...to test for yourself.

Do it every day for 6 months...every day do ardaas to Waheguru Ji, tell him you have doubts about whether this is the correct way...say to Waheguru Ji that you are tired of the views of everyone and want to know the 'Truth' and gently ask Waheguru ji to come live inside your heart and show you the true way and ask for his support in testing this out.

then do your meditation...every day for six months without fail...and share your experiences with everyone. after 6 months i'm sure you will decide whether this is for you or not :)

But remember you must feel some thirst for Waheguru ji already in your heart in-order for your motivation to be there. The thirst is Gods Grace. If the thirst is low at the moment...as this into your ardaas requesting it.

Chazji,

If you could post the entire Shabad with the Gurmukhi as well, I will be only too happy to share with you my personal interpretation. Mine will differ from yours :)

I have to confess that the facets and concepts of Sikhism that I hold dear are more pragmatic, I do not pray, believe in reincarnation, meditate, follow any rituals or ask Waheguru for anything. I follow Hukam to the best of my ability, I try and stay honest and truthful, and I treasure an alert and active mind above everything. I have no thirst for Waheguru, how can I have a thirst for something I do not understand? All I have are the directions of the 11th master that regulate my every day, through these actions I try and find Mukti on a daily basis, I probably read and try understand the wrong bani at the wrong time of day, but I am sure I will get better at the timings and content when Creator feels I am ready.

I have no wish to lose the alertness I have honed from sobriety, although I do debate with the essence of Creator in my head probably about 60% of my time awake. Does that count ?

Best Wishes on your path Veerji, see you in Mukti 0:)

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Satnaam Harry Ji,

I dont think that anyone here is talking about pointless parrot fashion chanting.

The panch shabads 5 primal sounds emanated from the source God upon starting the creation. everything in the universe vibrates with a unstruck sound current including ourselves...science knows this already:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/09sep_blackholesounds/

people can use any mantra (counting down from 20 is an example) to focus on in meditation...doing this daily will sureley still the mind over time to allow you to be more focussed on your daily duties withouth the clutter/doubts/questions that keep arising in the mind.

When we use a certain mantra like Satnaam which is the panch shabad themselves SA AA TA NA MA or Waheguru, we are not just repeating, we are focussing on the Sounds, the vibrations because they are the manifestations of the anhad shabad in the physical reality as recorded by the Guru Ji's because they could Tune into the Shabad (flow of Naam light and sound vibrations from the creator himself).

On top of concentrating and feeling the sound, we try to feel God in us literally, the flow of energy in our bodys, the trust in his existance, the deep love which brings a tear to my eyes...the sadness Bhairag that i sometimes feel inside due to my longing for him.

all of the above becomes Simran...its a feeling you cannot describe...its a joy once experienced you can never turn your back...it becomes a reality and it manifests in your life...

I am only a beginner on this journey and i used to regret that i didnt start earlier in my life...but all my lifes experiences i now understand were there (good and Bad) to bring me to this point right now where i feel intoxicated with my guru's love. It can only be his Grace. We don't do anything...all is him...and we have to believe it....as soon as we believe we are doing things...our Ego takes over, the poison that works against god.

aapae karathaa aapae bhugathaa ||
| He Himself is the Creator, and He Himself is the Enjoyer
He created the creation so that He could experience himself. We are all him...when we meditate the proper way i.e. simran as described above..It is god doing his own bagti on himself...when our minds can uderstand this truely without a single doubt then the doors are open and we experience the creation as it always should have been with unconditional love for everyone and everything as 'all is god and god is all'.

In the Tenth Gate, is the dwelling of the infinite, unseen Lord.
swier spq Bry jil inrmil gurmuiK mYlu n lwiedw ]2]
saaeir sapath bharae jal niramal guramukh mail n laaeidhaa ||2||
The seven seas are overflowing with the Ambrosial Water; the Gurmukhs are not stained with filth. ||2||

The dssam Duar and 7 chakras are a complete reality in every Human Body. Amrit will start to flow through them all...i have complete faith in this, and my guru ji will ferry me across :)

Veerji,

If this is meditation, then no, I am not a fan, You may as well be chanting anything that makes a pleasing sound.

However, if you find comfort and pleasure from it, much kudos if it works for you, I would not try and change your point of view, I would not wish the responsibility, it has clearly made a difference to your life.

We are all different, but clearly you are Sikh through and through, and that makes us brothers in arms, I fight with a lance, you with a sword, good, between us we will cover all possibilities, this is what makes sangat complete and strong

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chazji,

If you could post the entire Shabad with the Gurmukhi as well, I will be only too happy to share with you my personal interpretation. Mine will differ from yours :)

I have to confess that the facets and concepts of Sikhism that I hold dear are more pragmatic, I do not pray, believe in reincarnation, meditate, follow any rituals or ask Waheguru for anything. I follow Hukam to the best of my ability, I try and stay honest and truthful, and I treasure an alert and active mind above everything. I have no thirst for Waheguru, how can I have a thirst for something I do not understand? All I have are the directions of the 11th master that regulate my every day, through these actions I try and find Mukti on a daily basis, I probably read and try understand the wrong bani at the wrong time of day, but I am sure I will get better at the timings and content when Creator feels I am ready.

I have no wish to lose the alertness I have honed from sobriety, although I do debate with the essence of Creator in my head probably about 60% of my time awake. Does that count ?

Best Wishes on your path Veerji, see you in Mukti 0:)

Satnaam Ji,

Full shabad can be read and contemplated/meditated on from:
http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=91

Hukam causes us to breathe, hukam causes us to thirst for water/milk when we are born and feel hunger for the first time... the baby becomes satisfied when it drinks...even though it knows nothing about thirst, knows nothing about the taste of milk, or why it feels it needs something to survive...yet it needs it, has the feeling inside that it requires it...thats the hukam, thats God that resides inside the baby and sustains it.

keep contemplating on God, his creation, keep asking god for the answers...the answers will come from within...you will have a thought...the thought will feel different to every other thought you have...you won't be able to push it to one side because it will feel True from deep in your heart..and that will be the True answer...

you'll know when you feel such an answer..it'll stop you in your tracks....
its hard to explain :)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Veerji,

If this is meditation, then no, I am not a fan, You may as well be chanting anything that makes a pleasing sound.

However, if you find comfort and pleasure from it, much kudos if it works for you, I would not try and change your point of view, I would not wish the responsibility, it has clearly made a difference to your life.

We are all different, but clearly you are Sikh through and through, and that makes us brothers in arms, I fight with a lance, you with a sword, good, between us we will cover all possibilities, this is what makes sangat complete and strong

Satnaam Harry ji,

You are right..we are all brothers in arms...and Sangat is all powerful.
Waheguru Ji will keep you as he keeps you, and will keep me as he feels he needs to keep me... Keep doing your Seva as you are doing... you have inspired me to do more Seva, i dont do enough :)

God bless all.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
keep contemplating on God, his creation, keep asking god for the answers...the answers will come from within...you will have a thought...the thought will feel different to every other thought you have...you won't be able to push it to one side because it will feel True from deep in your heart..and that will be the True answer...

As I said, I ask god for nothing, but its wonderful to note your enthusiasm :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM