• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Marrying A Girl Wearing A Turban

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Perhaps sunavai can has n ot seen Sikh with mustard oil on his beard,or say who did not do well care of beard.

Do inform das when you visit India and you will get highy provocative men capable to increse sexual desire with beard but may not be Sikh at all.

If you want das can give a link for Asutos Ji Maharaj.(Just kidding but beard can do possitive for increasing sexuality ,this is more true with Sidhs(who follow princepla of 3m and something to do with Tantras(utiklisng system or Tantra in nature)).

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
My take on this...

Girls who wear turbans or dastaars will always have someone to marry. For the simple reason that there are way more males who enter the Khalsa Panth than females.

In Akhand Keertan Jatha, there are more males than females. These type of males will always cater to their female brethren, even if only 50% of them do, than all the females who wear dastaars are protected.

The problem lies in the group of individuals who are in the middle. That kid whose a Sardar, but has not taken Amrit. Can a turban-wearing female fall for him? I highly doubt she would allow herself too. The sardar is obviously too "traditional" or "hardcore" for the girl who cuts her hair. So, he's left with the Sardarni who either doesnt want a Sardar, or there's no sardarnis around.

Generally, in western countries the Sardar to Sardarni ratio is about 10:1.

In my University, we have about 30 Sikhs. Half male, and half female.
out of the 15 male, 10 are sardars. Out of the 15 female, 0 are sardarnis.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
S|kH said:
My take on this...

Girls who wear turbans or dastaars will always have someone to marry. For the simple reason that there are way more males who enter the Khalsa Panth than females.

In Akhand Keertan Jatha, there are more males than females. These type of males will always cater to their female brethren, even if only 50% of them do, than all the females who wear dastaars are protected.

The problem lies in the group of individuals who are in the middle. That kid whose a Sardar, but has not taken Amrit. Can a turban-wearing female fall for him? I highly doubt she would allow herself too. The sardar is obviously too "traditional" or "hardcore" for the girl who cuts her hair. So, he's left with the Sardarni who either doesnt want a Sardar, or there's no sardarnis around.

is the university in which you are studying is in uk or canada.and is the situation in uk,usa,canada same or different

sunvai

SPNer
Apr 23, 2006
Seattle
Bindy_Bains said:
How can you be keshdhari and cut hair, if not.. then why the cutting? the hair is most beautiful, a gift from god.

How can one not cut Kesh but, cut beard, it's simple I mean my family does it, and their ok about it. I don't know maybe its just my families thinking, but everyone has differnet thoughts.

sunvai

SPNer
Apr 23, 2006
Seattle
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Perhaps sunavai can has n ot seen Sikh with mustard oil on his beard,or say who did not do well care of beard.

Do inform das when you visit India and you will get highy provocative men capable to increse sexual desire with beard but may not be Sikh at all.

If you want das can give a link for Asutos Ji Maharaj.(Just kidding but beard can do possitive for increasing sexuality ,this is more true with Sidhs(who follow princepla of 3m and something to do with Tantras(utiklisng system or Tantra in nature)).

I'm not going against on your thoughts, but, if the beard doesnt attract it just doesn't. I can't force myself into liking a guy that has a beard, if my dad doesn't keep it, and my mom likes guys without beards, I guess I'm going to get some influence and be like them!

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
kds1980 said:
is the university in which you are studying is in uk or canada.and is the situation in uk,usa,canada same or different

I study in the United States.

The situation is worse in Canada, and slightly better in UK.

Canada is worse simply because there are more Sikhs that attend universities, but less keep their kesh.

Percentage wise, out of males we have 50%+ who keep kesh. In Canada, the percentage would be lower, becuase there would be about 200 Sikh males, and only 25 would be keeping kesh.

UK culture has made the turban into a style (which is both good and bad), so alot of them do the turban-shave thing. But, generally, if you consider one who atleast ties a pugh as a sardar, than there ratio is about the same as the United States. They also have alot more Sikhs in general.

In Canada, the kids make fun of other sardars by calling them a "Gyani".

--------
As far as the females are concerned. I would say in the Western countries its the same everywhere. Almost none keep it.

The general outcome you have in western countries is -- Dad is a sardar with maybe a trimmed dhari, or sometimes he fully keeps it. Wife cuts her hair. Child cuts their hair. (More sons would keep it than daughters)

In India what happens is, --Dad is a sardar. Wife is a sardarni. Son cuts their hair, daughter keeps it.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

sunvai said:
I'm not going against on your thoughts, but, if the beard doesnt attract it just doesn't. I can't force myself into liking a guy that has a beard, if my dad doesn't keep it, and my mom likes guys without beards, I guess I'm going to get some influence and be like them!
Well das is not trying tomake you feel attected towrads person with beard.

Das father and brothers are Hindus without beard and das himself kept beard not long ago.

But das jsut wanted to say that there are some Tantirc arts where beard is used to attract female.Das is talking at the time when das did some study on Nath Yoga much before becoing a Sikh.It was nothng personal.Just in light way.And forgive if it appeared ofensive.

Hukum Kaur

SPNer
Jul 6, 2005
Portland, Oregon
It is the shakti, the primal power, a feminine energy, that is appealing in a woman. The sex appeal will fade, the shakti energy will but get stronger. When looking for a life partner, one is looking for a strong person so that the couple can help eachother on their spiritual path. Somehow, the bana and the dastaar on a woman head empowers her with this pure energy. It is a different sort of attraction.
A Dastaar, for me, helps remind me what it is I am cultivating beging the eyes, the window to the soul.
Remember Maibhago.
Hukum KAur Khalsa

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

Bhagat Singh Ji, i too am sixteen.. soo i guess i understand where you are coming from somewhat because of the society that we have grown up in. But when we are looking for our supposed "partner" we should not be choosing them because they are sexually appealing to us. In fact that goes against our Guru Ji, sexual attraction is simply Kaam... and we work towards over coming this by Guru Ji's Kirpa.
Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh
hehe, it's funny how much you can change in 2 years. I have learned to appreciate the dastaar and I am happy to say that I disagree with what I said before. :D
And I completly disagree with what you said about sexual attraction. Its not kaam. Sexual attraction is a biological process without which, you and I wouldn't even be here.
Even if we are choosing partners completely based on sexual attraction, there needs to be some form of this sexual attraction between the couple.

It is the shakti, the primal power, a feminine energy, that is appealing in a woman. The sex appeal will fade, the shakti energy will but get stronger. When looking for a life partner, one is looking for a strong person so that the couple can help eachother on their spiritual path. Somehow, the bana and the dastaar on a woman head empowers her with this pure energy. It is a different sort of attraction.
A Dastaar, for me, helps remind me what it is I am cultivating beging the eyes, the window to the soul.
Remember Maibhago.
Hukum KAur Khalsa
You said exactly what I think nowadays. That's a beautiful reply!

Alrite ok im a sardani gurl ...and i
I do not prefer of a guy with long hair & flowing beard. I personally do not know y but it doesn’t attract me. Also, I really don’t mind if the hair is uncut but the flowing beard has got to go….Maybe I’m wrong but, it simply does not attract me. I know that guru gobind singh ji and all the other gurus have kept their hair and a beard, yet, generation is changing and people are changing, people all over the world are entering new faces and finding like for other people.
It's the media, i tell u!
Sunvai Ji imagine yourself back in the stone age. Where every guy, had long hair and beard and every girl had long hair. No one shaved and probably wore some kind of animal hide over them. (not sure if this was the stone age but picture yourself in this situation)
I could tell that a female was ready to mate if she had breasts and was a little fat.

How would you know that a guy was ready to mate? :) You would mate with the person who you would think is ready to mate and was probably the fittest.

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Sunvai Ji imagine yourself back in the stone age. Where every guy, had long hair and beard and every girl had long hair. No one shaved and probably wore some kind of animal hide over them. (not sure if this was the stone age but picture yourself in this situation)
I could tell that a female was ready to mate if she had breasts and was a little fat.

How would you know that a guy was ready to mate? :) You would mate with the person who you would think is ready to mate and was probably the fittest.
I think all women need to answer this question. :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
discussion read. comments have already been provided by more learned kaurs than i. what can i add except that i'm a dastaar wearing singhni with a husband, so i guess someone wants to marry us. :)

I was refferring to comments of sunvai who openly is declaring that she don't like sardars

also read the statistics provided by s1kh who was not so atheist at that time

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
My take on this...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Apr 4, 2007
I am just reffering to statistics of s1kh who said that ratio is 10:1

sorry, i don't believe that they're actually statistics if one simply makes them up (something quite common on internet forums).

get me stats from an unbiased study or poll or census and we'll talk. until then, it's all just imaginary numbers. no point in arguing over something that cannot be verified. :)

you seem to bring this up over and over again. look, if you really wish that women would prefer men without turbans and beards, so be it. have your way, believe what you want, and cry about not finding a wife. i'm a bit more of an optimist myself.

i'm sorry, but i don't feel like having the same old arguments over and over again. :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
sorry, i don't believe that they're actually statistics if one simply makes them up (something quite common on internet forums).

get me stats from an unbiased study or poll or census and we'll talk. until then, it's all just imaginary numbers. no point in arguing over something that cannot be verified. :)

you seem to bring this up over and over again. look, if you really wish that women would prefer men without turbans and beards, so be it. have your way, believe what you want, and cry about not finding a wife. i'm a bit more of an optimist myself.

i'm sorry, but i don't feel like having the same old arguments over and over again. :)

Actually I posted the comment on 30 jan when we were discussing this issue on another thread now its 6 feb so its ok if you don't want to discuss because I am also not interested in it

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM