• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Mango Cheesecake (Eggless) From Manjula's Kitchen

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
YouTube - ‪Mango Cheesecake (Eggless) Recipe by Manjula‬‏

Fresh ripe mangoes are used to make this light and refreshing cheesecake. It makes for an amazing presentation and tastes just as exotic as it looks. The egg-less recipe is delightfully delicious and can be enjoyed by just about everyone.

Recipe will serve 8.

Ingredients:

Crust

16 graham cracker squares, crushed (approx. 1 cup of crumbs)
¼ cup sugar
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter

Filling

12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
1 large ripe mango

For Garnish

8 thin mango slices
2 strawberries cut into 4 pieces each
Few mint leaves

Method

Crust

Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Add broken graham crackers, sugar and butter to a food processor. Mix well until looks nicely crumbled, takes approx. 30 seconds.
Place graham cracker mix into a 9” pie plate, spread evenly and press down firmly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes, on the medium rack.

Filling

Prepare mango by peeling and chopping into chunks.
Add mango chunks, cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch to the food processor. Mix for 20 seconds, until it is smooth in texture. Do not mix for too long.
Pour the mixture over the pie crust and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F. The surface should look dry and cooked.
Let the cheesecake cool and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Garnish the cheesecake with mango slices, strawberries and mint leaves.

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2011/06/21/mango-cheese-cake-egg-less/

Attachments

• mango_cheesecake-100x75.jpg
    mango_cheesecake-100x75.jpg
    17.2 KB · Reads: 421

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
What a sweet lady! I wish I could know her.

On to the recipe.

I love mango. Anything mango!

And I love cheesecake! (Although I know I should be careful about eating it.)

This recipe looks scrumptious plus.

However, I have suggestion. I do not like that gummy, gooey chemical mass that passes for cream cheese in the supermarket. I strongly urge anyone cooking with cream cheese to either get it fresh from a deli or make your own. The taste and texture, not to mention the nutrition will be much better.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Why don't you add your recipe for cream cheese on this thread so it will be in the same place as your suggestion for the cheese cake? Thanks Mai ji for pointing out that cream cheese from the store is kinda gummy. :happykudi:

On that same note: The low fat cream cheese is not at all gummy and I think it would make a fine substitute for the whole milk cheese, at least while waiting to make one's own using your recipe.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Please don't laugh. I have been using either full fat Greek yoghurt or paneer run through the food processor with a little milk in cream cheese recipes for years just because that gummy, gooey stuff offends me. There are several promising recipes on line that I might try out, but for now I recommend the above. Of course yoghurt tastes like yoghurt which would change the flavour. I'm sure the dear Manjula wouldn't mind.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I agree with your point of view. Cream cheese has rennet in it, an animal product. I am going to try this with ricotta cheese and a little cream and see what happens.

A creative cook might also try paneer with a bit more sugar, and some extra cream to loosen it up just a tad, which is your suggestion. I think it will be fine.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Oh, ick. I didn't know that. I'm usually careful about rennet. I even use Tillamook cheese, which uses non-animal enzymes in its cheeses. Ricotta is a good idea, it's a bit sweet.

Anyway, I substitute crumpled paneer for ricotta in my lasagna. No one has ever noticed. I've never tried that with Italians, though. Would I be lynched - or severely chastised? (You'd never believe some of the stuff I put on "pizza.")

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM