• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Listening To Instead Of Reciting Bani?

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Akasha Ji

They say ...have faith in Waheguru & just get into the tides. Waheguru will help & take you to the safe shore.

So w/o a single doubt & delays just take the "Amrit" & Punjabi/Gurmukhi can be learnt with time .... theres not that hurry & one shud not waste time in taking Amrit as nobody know when he/she will have his/her last breathe. So why waste time ....

Gurfateh !!

itsmanseet Ji, If I can overcome the current obstacle of my career re head covering, than I will likely do Amrit before then. But I say a few years because that's when I will be done my career in the military. (see my previous post for the explanation about women Sikhs and headdress in the Canadian Forces and why I have to wait)

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Akasha Ji

They say ...have faith in Waheguru & just get into the tides. Waheguru will help & take you to the safe shore.

So w/o a single doubt & delays just take the "Amrit" & Punjabi/Gurmukhi can be learnt with time .... theres not that hurry & one shud not waste time in taking Amrit as nobody know when he/she will have his/her last breathe. So why waste time ....

Gurfateh !!

I agree, and for all those budding doctors, to hell with silly things like knowledge and understanding, just take the exam! you'll all be fine, just have faith, mumble a few words in the morning, and the great marmalade magic stork will ensure you pass!!

I for one would welcome a few more enlightened souls into Khalsa, rather than more stepford wives or robots

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
And a big realization I had awhile back is that (this is just my own realization / opinion) is that the real secret to 'Maya' or the illusion, is that we were never separate from the creator to begin with. We are all examples of the ONE creative consciousness (Waheguru) experiencing itself subjectively through many eyes (us). When I read the passage on P 736 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji telling us this fact in plain language... I was in awe!

This is complete truth, which we need to go and experience. SGGS Ji makes many things completely clear yet these forums are filled with the same doubts over and over. doubts are only removed when one experiences...so please continue to dedicate yourself to experiencing :)

But, I know my path is to follow Sikhi, and my life has been so blessed and I have been so happy since I started to attend the Gurdwara, do seva etc. I feel I am not 100% ready for Amrit yet though, as my career puts a few roadbloacks as to head covering. As I understand it, once Amritdhari, I would have to cover my head all the time,

There is another clear instruction/message from Dhan Guru Nanak Ji:

faer k agai rakheeai jith dhisai dharabaar ||
So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court?
muha k bolan boleeai jith sun dhharae piaar ||
What words can we speak to evoke His Love?

a(n)mrith vaelaa sach naao vaddiaaee veechaar ||
In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness.

This is the clearest direction/instruction given to us on how we can obtain/experience the truth reality. So lets not waste any time on making the effort to do this. Everything else, all road blocks that your mind is telling you, will gradually be removed as you progress. Taking of Amrit and feeling of Amrit inside yourself will all come to you at the right time. Even if you cannot always cover your head, remember god is within your Hirda/spiritual heart...he won't hold anything against you if the love is there....all is Him, how can he stop you from returning home if he feels your love and devotion :)

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Harry Ji,

I have now noticed two different opinions on what it means to take Amrit:

1) The belief that taking Amrit is something you do AFTER already studying and knowing what is needed. So to become Amritdhari is in a sense a 'recognition' or reward for those who spent time to study and learn prior to taking it and are now seen as elite or enlightened group of Sikhs because of this prior knowledge and learning.

2) The belief that taking Amrit is a 'commitment' or 'promise' to learn and live the Sikhi way of life. This second group believe that by taking Amrit, one promises to keep learning, and promises to live by the SRM, but in no way assumes that they are elite or more knowledgeable than anyone else.

I assume you agree with #1 based on your quoted msg above. But... which is correct? Are either of the 2 correct? Or does it come down to personal interpretation?

Myself, in asking the original qeustion for this thread, I had no opinion either way, but it was just something I noticed about the two camps of opinions regarding this. And I make no claims to know anything... should I follow camp 1 and not do Amrit until I am very knowledgeable in Sikhi, Punjabi, Gurmukhi etc. (what happens if my life ends in the mean time)? Or should I view Amrit as a promise and commitment to Guru Ji to learn along the way and live the Sikhi way of life? Based on the obvious divide in opinion on this, I truly do not know... (however I am leaning towards camp #2 that it is a personal commitment and promise, because how can you guage when anyone is knowledgeable enough or has enough understanding to be ready? Who can say who is ready and who is not? Should there be a written exam that one has to pass prior to taking Amrit maybe?) And what exactly is Enlightenment? Is it the inward feeling and realization of the divine within, or is it the ability to regurgitate memorized passages, rules, dogma etc?

I agree, and for all those budding doctors, to hell with silly things like knowledge and understanding, just take the exam! you'll all be fine, just have faith, mumble a few words in the morning, and the great marmalade magic stork will ensure you pass!!

I for one would welcome a few more enlightened souls into Khalsa, rather than more stepford wives or robots

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry Ji,

I have now noticed two different opinions on what it means to take Amrit:

1) The belief that taking Amrit is something you do AFTER already studying and knowing what is needed. So to become Amritdhari is in a sense a 'recognition' or reward for those who spent time to study and learn prior to taking it and are now seen as elite group of Sikhs because of this prior knowledge and learning.

2) The belief that taking Amrit is a 'commitment' or 'promise' to learn and live the Sikhi way of life. This second group believe that by taking Amrit, one promises to keep learning, and promises to live by the SRM, but in no way assumes that they are elite or more knowledgeable than anyone else.

I assume you agree with #1 based on your quoted msg above. But... which is correct? Are either of the 2 correct? Or does it come down to personal interpretation?

Myself, in asking the original qeustion for this thread, I had no opinion either way, but it was just something I noticed about the two camps of opinions regarding this. And I make no claims to know anything... should I follow camp 1 and not do Amrit until I am very knowledgeable in Sikhi, Punjabi, Gurmukhi etc. (what happens if my life ends in the mean time)? Or should I view Amrit as a promise and commitment to Guru Ji to learn along the way and live the Sikhi way of life? Based on the obvious divide in opinion on this, I truly do not know... (however I am leaning towards camp #2 that it is a personal commitment and promise, because how can you guage when anyone is knowledgeable enough to be ready? Who can say who is ready and who is not? Should there be a written exam maybe?)

Bhenji

In your heart you will know, its whatever suits your interpretation, your take on things.

Do not allow anyone to tell you otherwise. It is something you must figure out for yourself.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
a) Ambrosial baptism should be held at an exclusive place away from common human traffic.
b) At the place where ambrosial baptism is to be administered, the holy Guru Granth Sahib should be installed and ceremonially opened. Also present should be six committed baptised Sikhs, one of whom should sit in attendance of the Guru Granth Sahib and the other five should be there to administer the ambrosial baptism. These six may even include Sikh women. All of them must have taken bath and washed their hair.
c) The five beloved (Panj Piyare) ones who administer ambrosial baptism not include a disabled person, such as a person who is blind or blind in one eye, lame, one with a broken or disabled limb, or one suffering from some chronic disease. The number should not include anyone who has committed a breach of the Sikh discipline and principles. All of them should be committed baptised Sikhs with appealing personalities.
d) Any man or woman of any country, religion or caste who embraces Sikhism and solemnly undertakes to abide by its principles is entitled to ambrosial baptism. The person to be baptised should not be of very young age; he or she should have attained a plausible degree of discretion. The person to be baptised must have taken bath and washed the hair and must wear all five K's- Kesh (unshorn hair), strapped Kirpan (sword),. Kachhehra (prescribed shorts), Kanga (Comb tucked in the tied up hair), Karha (Steel bracelet). He/she must not have on his/her person any token of any other faith. He/she must not have his/her head bare or be wearing a cap. He/she must not be wearing any ornaments piercing through any part of the body. The persons to be baptised must stand respectfully with hands folded facing the Guru Granth Sahib. e. Anyone seeking to be rebaptised, having committed an aberration, should be singled out and the five beloved ones should award chastisement to him/her in the presence of the congregation.
f) One from amongst the five beloved ones administering Baptism to persons seeking to be baptised should explain the principles of the Sikh religion to them: The Sikh religion advocates the renunciation of the worship of any created thing, and rendering of worship and loving devotion to, and meditating on, the One Supreme Creator. For the fulfillment of such devotion and meditation, reflection on the contents of Gurbani and practising of its tenets, participation in the congregational services, rendering service to the Panth, benevolent exertion (to promote the good of others), love of God's name (loving reflection on and experience of the Divine), living within the Sikh discipline after getting Amrit etc. are the principal means. He should conclude his exposition of the principles of Sikh religion with the query : Do you accept these willingly?
g) On an affirmative response from the seekers of baptism, one from amongst the five beloved ones should perform the Ardas for the preparation of baptism and take the holy Hukam (command) ( Reading or Reading out to others, including the congregation, of a Shabad (hymn) or a unit of one or more slokas (short scriptual compositions normally of Two to Four lines) and a pauri (short stanza of of four or more lines) from the Guru Granth Sahib after, or even without performing the Ardas is an important Sikh ritual. It is called hukam laina (Taking the order or command), Vak Laina (taking the Word), Awaz laina (taking the voice). The hymn or unit goes by the name of Hukam (order, command) vak (uttered Word) or Awaz (voice)). The five beloved ones should come close to the bowl for preparing the amrit (ambrosial nectar).
h) The bowl should be of pure steel and it should be placed on a clean steel ring or other clean support. i. Clean water and sugar puffs should be put in the bowl and the five beloved ones should sit around it in bir posture (Sitting in bir posture comprised sitting resting the body on the right leg, the right calf and foot gathered inward and the left leg upto the shin kept in a verticle positon.) and recite the undermentioned scriptural compositions.
j) The scriptural composition to be recited are : The Japuji, The Jaap, The Ten Sawayyas (commencing with Sarawag Sud), The Bainti Chaupai (From "hamri karo hath dai rachha" to "dusht dokh te leho te bachai"), Anand Sahib.
k) Each of the five beloved ones who recites the scripture should hold the edge of the bowl with his left hand and keep stirring the water with a double-edged sword held in his right hand. He should do that with full concentration. The rest of the beloved ones should keep gripping the edge of the bowl with both hands concentrating their full attention on the ambrosial nector.
l) After the conclusion of the recitation, one from amongst the beloved ones should perform the Ardas.
m) Only that person seeking to be baptised who has participated in the entire ceremony of ambrosial baptism can be baptised. One who has turned up while the ceremony was in progress cannot be baptised.
n) After the Ardas as per clause (I) above, thinking of our Father, the Tenth Master, the wearer of the aigrette, every person seeking to be baptised should sit in Bir Posture putting his/her right hand cupped on the left cupped hand and be made to drink the ambrosial mix five times, as the beloved one who pours the mix into his cupped hand exclaims : say, Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh! (The Khalsa is of the Wondrous Destroyer of darkness; victory, too, is His!) The person being baptised should after imbibing the ambrosia, repeat : Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh. Then five handfuls of the ambrosial mix should he sprinkled into the eyes of the person being baptised and another five into his hair. Each such sprinkling should be accompanied by the beloved one administering baptism saying, "Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh", and the person being baptised repeating the chant. Whatever ambrosial mix is left over after the administration of the ambrosial Baptism to all individual seekers, should be sipped by all (men and women) baptised together.
o) After this the five beloved ones, all together in chorus communicating the name of Waheguru to all who have been administered the ambrosial baptism, recite to them the Mul Mantar(basic creed, seminal chant) and make them repeat it aloud :
Ik aunkar satnam karta purakh nirbhau nirwair akal murat ajuni saibhang gur prasad. After this, one from amongst the five beloved ones should explain to the initiates the discipline of the order :
  • Today you are reborn in the true Guru's household, ending the cycle of migration, and joined the Khalsa Panth (order).
  • Your spiritual father is now Guru Gobind Singh and spiritual mother, Mata Sahib Kaur.
  • Your place of birth is Kesgarh Sahib and your native place is Anandpur Sahib.
  • You, being the sons of one father, are, inter-se yourselves and other baptised Sikhs, spiritual brothers.
  • You have become the pure Khalsa, having renounced your previous lineage, professional background, calling (occupation), beliefs, that is, having given up all connections with your caste, descent, birth, country, religion, etc..
  • You are to worship none except the One Timeless Being (Waheguru) no god, goddess, incarnation or prophet.
  • You are not to think of anyone except the ten Gurus and anything except their gospel as your saviour.
  • You are supposed to know Gurmukhi (Punjabi alphabet). (If you do not, you must learn it).
  • And recite, or listen in to the recitation of, the under mentioned scriptural compositions, the daily repetition of which is ordained, every day :
    1. The Japuji Sahib,
    2. The Jaap Sahib,
    3. The Ten Sawayyas (Quartrains), beginning "sarawag sudh",
    4. (4) The Sodar Rahiras and the Sohila. Besides, you should read from or listen in to the recitation from the Guru Granth Sahib.
  • Have, on your person, all the time, the five K's :
    1. The Keshas (unshorn hair),
    2. The Kirpan {sheathed sword} (The length of the sword to be worn is not prescribed.,
    3. The Kachhehra (The Kachhehra (drawers like garment) may be made from any cloth, but its legs should not reach down to below the shins.),
    4. The Kanga (comb),
    5. The Karha {steel bracelet} (The Karha should be of pure steel.)
  • The undermentioned four transgressions (tabooed practices) must be avoided :
    1. Dishonouring the hair;
    2. Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way;
    3. Cohabiting with a person other than one's spouse;
    4. Using tobacco.
  • In the event of the commission of any of these transgressions, the transgressor must get baptised again. If a transgression is committed unintentionally and unknowingly, the transgressor shall not be liable to punishment. You must not associate with a Sikh who had uncut hair earlier and has cut it or a Sikh who smokes. You must ever be ready for the service of the Panth and of the Gurdwaras (Sikh places of worship). You must tender one tenth (Daswand) of your earnings to the Guru.
  • In short, you must act the Guru's way in all spheres of activity.
  • You must remain fully aligned to the Khalsa brotherhood in accordance with the principles of the Khalsa faith. If you commit transgression of the Khalsa discipline, you must present yourself before the congregation and beg pardon, accepting whatever punishment is awarded. You must also resolve to remain watchful against defaults in the future.
from SRM

for the record, I think both camps are correct, it depends on the individual, also note that if you do not know Gurmukhi, you are advised to learn it, so it would appear that knowing Gurmukhi prior is not an issue

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
from SRM

for the record, I think both camps are correct, it depends on the individual, also note that if you do not know Gurmukhi, you are advised to learn it, so it would appear that knowing Gurmukhi prior is not an issue

Thank you so much for that! The version I looked up did not have the part in brackets where it said that if you don't know it currently you must learn it... meaning I can learn over time at my own pace, after taking Amrit, and it's not a requirement prior to! It will still be a few years before I do Amrit... but I won't be so worried now about being fluent...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Harry Ji,

Myself, in asking the original qeustion for this thread, I had no opinion either way, but it was just something I noticed about the two camps of opinions regarding this. And I make no claims to know anything... should I follow camp 1 and not do Amrit until I am very knowledgeable in Sikhi, Punjabi, Gurmukhi etc. (what happens if my life ends in the mean time)? Or should I view Amrit as a promise and commitment to Guru Ji to learn along the way and live the Sikhi way of life? Based on the obvious divide in opinion on this, I truly do not know... (however I am leaning towards camp #2 that it is a personal commitment and promise, because how can you guage when anyone is knowledgeable enough to be ready? Who can say who is ready and who is not? Should there be a written exam maybe?)

Satnaam Ji,

no amount of study, intellect will carry us to god...if we progress spiritually, it will be because of Him (god), and not us (ego). Sometimes too much study creates doubts...the mind creates doubts and fears...all these precious moments lost where one can just follow guru ji's instruction and do simran at amrit vela...we cannot study to love...love for god cannot be learnt.

I spent some time reading gurbani, studyign it, and realised it kept telling me to make an effort and do amrit vela along with seva, but i kept wanting to read more...it wasnt taking me anywhere...what did i actually experience...

so now i have just put the studying to one side. God is beyond mind. one can only walk the path and breath the spiritual air. it cannot be learned. the meaning of gurbani will evolve and change with your own progression...it is endless...it will be your companion...anything you experience you can go back to it, re-read it and you will find extra things you didnt realise before...and the journey progresses.

but the decision on how you progress is your decision...keep doing your ardaas and it'll come to you...

god bless.

Nov 23, 2010
I have a question. As the S.G.G.S is written in 10 different langagues , if you speak modern Punjabi how much of and how easily can you understand it? For example If you speak modern English you can superficially understand Shakeseare but need a good dictionary and dedication to get all the jokes. How much different is the Punjabi of the S.G.G.S from modern Punjabi.
Kabir wrote in Hindi. I've heard that Hindi is very close to Punjabi, closer than Spanish is to Italian, I was told. I speak Spanish and can understand someone speaking Italian if they're giving directions or something simple but not much more. What about the other languages used?
We need a head scrathing Icon.

By the way I think If you think your're ready to take amrit then your're ready. No one else really knows. nothing ventured, Nothing gained.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
I am surprised to see how the discussion is going far away from the basic
question of Listening to instead of reciting of Bani.
The topic related to Amrit taking is very much being discussed in other
threads.
I feel sorry for this interuption.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
There is another clear instruction/message from Dhan Guru Nanak Ji:

faer k agai rakheeai jith dhisai dharabaar ||
So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court?
muha k bolan boleeai jith sun dhharae piaar ||
What words can we speak to evoke His Love?

a(n)mrith vaelaa sach naao vaddiaaee veechaar ||
In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness.

This is the clearest direction/instruction given to us on how we can obtain/experience the truth reality. So lets not waste any time on making the effort to do this. Everything else, all road blocks that your mind is telling you, will gradually be removed as you progress. Taking of Amrit and feeling of Amrit inside yourself will all come to you at the right time. Even if you cannot always cover your head, remember god is within your Hirda/spiritual heart...he won't hold anything against you if the love is there....all is Him, how can he stop you from returning home if he feels your love and devotion :)
I have known that shabad for years but I never ever saw the real significance of 'Amrit vela' any clearer than it is put here in this shabad.
Absolutely beautiful !!!

You know, what can I offer ? All the services and goodness that I can give to the world, but it is not as good as making the ''EFFORT' at amrit vela.

I think it is more about the 'effort' that is NOT for self or for anyone else.
This effort for the lord is the greatest gift for him before the day begins.

I know some sikhs think of it as ritualistic as we treat it like an auspicious time, they therefore don't make the real effort and treat it as the time that can 'suit them'.
-(I too have thought on similar lines in the past)

But You can only realise it's true significance when you make that effort with pure and true intentions only.

To have to do this every day without fail once one takes amrit is more than a blessing.
It's a shame that there are many sikhs who don't see or understand what it really means, instead they point out there geographical locations and work shifts..etc...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I have known that shabad for years but I never ever saw the real significance of 'Amrit vela' any clearer than it is put here in this shabad.
Absolutely beautiful !!!

You know, what can I offer ? All the services and goodness that I can give to the world, but it is not as good as making the ''EFFORT' at amrit vela.

I think it is more about the 'effort' that is NOT for self or for anyone else.
This effort for the lord is the greatest gift for him before the day begins.

I know some sikhs think of it as ritualistic as we treat it like an auspicious time, they therefore don't make the real effort and treat it as the time that can 'suit them'.
-(I too have thought on similar lines in the past)

But You can only realise it's true significance when you make that effort with pure and true intentions only.

To have to do this every day without fail once one takes amrit is more than a blessing.
It's a shame that there are many sikhs who don't see or understand what it really means, instead they point out there geographical locations and work shifts..etc...

Well put Lucky Ji,

i know this is going kinda off topic, but i feel it's of most significance because our mind has so many questions/doubts etc, but guru ji gives us this most beautiful instruction on how we can find out everything for ourselves :)

I made an effort for amrit vela a few years ago, but failed miserably...
but this time around the iner pull/motivation is really strong.
The level of concentration, clarity of vision, and focus on waheguru one can achieve when the world sleeps cannot be compared. complete awareness and concentration is needed to listen to our inner selves and to concentrate on the waheguru mantra.

It's only after experiencing amrit vela do we realise that doing Simran any other time of the day just isnt the same...the intensity isnt there...
it's still great to do it at other times but not as intense...and as you say the 'effort' i think is appreciated by god...afterall to do something like that must require a deep inner love for god...otherwise one just makes excuses and enjoys sleep :)

god bless

hpannu

SPNer
Dec 17, 2007
I am surprised to see how the discussion is going far away from the basic
question of Listening to instead of reciting of Bani.
The topic related to Amrit taking is very much being discussed in other
threads.
I feel sorry for this interuption.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Dear All -please do not take it as offense ! but I would like to know how many of commenting members on this thread have experienced Amrit Sanchaar !

I like Parkash Ji's comment - how this is going off topic ?

I feel like - if you have no experience then you shouldn't advise. That's just me, everyone person is different. I am not saying I'm right and you guys are wrong.

There is a saying in Punjabi - Uneyaan ch kaana raja !

Sometimes I feel like I am wasting precious time on Internet.

I do comment here and there - not much. Have to filter through lot of stuff to read good experience of others.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!!!

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Dear All -please do not take it as offense ! but I would like to know how many of commenting members on this thread have experienced Amrit Sanchaar !

I like Parkash Ji's comment - how this is going off topic ?

I feel like - if you have no experience then you shouldn't advise. That's just me, everyone person is different. I am not saying I'm right and you guys are wrong.

There is a saying in Punjabi - Uneyaan ch kaana raja !

Sometimes I feel like I am wasting precious time on Internet.

I do comment here and there - not much. Have to filter through lot of stuff to read good experience of others.

Bhul Chuk Maaf !!!!

Satnaam Ji,

In Akasha Ji's opening comment to this thread she asked:
Can I still do Amrit if I am not fluent in Punjabi?

This is why other sangat members are talking about subject of amrit.

I personally haven't done amrit sanchar, but my advice to Akasha Ji was that if she feels love for guru and is getting inner pull of waheguru to take amrit then she should take her amrit when she is ready even though she is not fluent in punjabi....pyar for guru/god i feel is very important.

For me personally, many people said i could not do amrit vela simran without Amrit Sanchar, but for some reason i have had a big pull to wake up daily in amrit vela and do 2.5 hours of simran...with guru ji's grace it has been truely amazing, maybe amrit will folow..i am just letting inner feeling and intuition guide me :)

sorry if i have offended anyone

Satnaam

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
to my understanding the real bani will be understood when we with the help of a true satguru go deep in meditation... first starts with reciting slowly when we go deeper in meditation then it changes to listening only.. soul only listen,, but mind only talk

yes ji,

from my own personal experience and guidance from SGGS Ji, this is the way it seems to develop. In japji there is a whole section starting with Sunia - listening.

Even when we reciting in mind, silently, we listen deeply to the sounds...eventually we just listen to within in deep meditation.

God bless

Aug 28, 2010
Originally Posted by harcharanjitsinghdhillon
to my understanding the real bani will be understood when we with the help of a true satguru go deep in meditation... first starts with reciting slowly when we go deeper in meditation then it changes to listening only.. soul only listen,, but mind only talk

I agree with the views of the Quote by Harcharanjit Singh Dhillon ji.
When he says with the help of true Satguru ,he is right but the question is
who is true satguru and how to take the help.This has not been clarified
in the post.
It is true that meeting with true Satguru is must. Without having met SAtguru all efforts and experienes are just matter for talks.

Prakash.S.Bagga

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Can Aman Singh please let us know why Harcharanjit's comment above has been deleted for the reason of spamming?

I do not know about his other messages but the content of the message he posted on this thread had nothing wrong about it.

If you could please explain.

Thanks

Satnaam

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Originally Posted by harcharanjitsinghdhillon

I agree with the views of the Quote by Harcharanjit Singh Dhillon ji.
When he says with the help of true Satguru ,he is right but the question is
who is true satguru and how to take the help.This has not been clarified
in the post.
It is true that meeting with true Satguru is must. Without having met SAtguru all efforts and experienes are just matter for talks.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Satguru

pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khaalas thaahi nakhaalas jaanai ||
Such a man, in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true a pure Khalsa - dassam 1

khhaalasaa maero sathigur pooraa - amrit keertan 291

Inner shabad (light and sound of god) is satguru / shabad guru:
a(n)thar sabadh raviaa gur paaeiaa sagalae dhookh nivaarae ||
The Shabad permeates my inner being, and I have found the Guru; all my sorrows are dispelled.

in the end we will probably find that all are the same and One....but came to us in many forms o ferry us across.

He is the only Doer, we cannot do anything by ourselves (ego). i guess when the love wells up the meeting is arranged by one or more of the guru manifestations above.

har prabh kaaj rachaaeiaa ||
The Lord God has arranged the marriage ceremony;

This is just my understanding through my current experience of simran.

Aug 28, 2010
Bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Satguru

pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khaalas thaahi nakhaalas jaanai ||
Such a man, in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true a pure Khalsa - dassam 1

khhaalasaa maero sathigur pooraa - amrit keertan 291

Inner shabad (light and sound of god) is satguru / shabad guru:
a(n)thar sabadh raviaa gur paaeiaa sagalae dhookh nivaarae ||
The Shabad permeates my inner being, and I have found the Guru; all my sorrows are dispelled.

in the end we will probably find that all are the same and One....but came to us in many forms o ferry us across.

He is the only Doer, we cannot do anything by ourselves (ego). i guess when the love wells up the meeting is arranged by one or more of the guru manifestations above.

har prabh kaaj rachaaeiaa ||
The Lord God has arranged the marriage ceremony;

This is just my understanding through my current experience of simran.

Can you pl post a Quote from SGGS ji about Banee being refered as Satguru.?

Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: