• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Limitless God

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
"Why so powerful The Infinite would come into a human form leaving rest of His creation unattended. "

The above line is from a post made by a fellow member in another thread. He has made a lot of people think about this, I am thinking in my own way. Thanks to him for making us explore the truth.

Gurbani tells us God is All. He is everywhere. He is Karta Purkh. He is already in the human body- Bani says this again and again. He(God) is the one making all this happen at SPN. Sabh Gobind Hai- All is He Himself. He is one and Many. All is His Presence. He is everywhere, how can one think that He cant be in Human Form. All is His own Form. Mann Tu Jot Sarup Hai. He is me neech, He is my computer, He is writting this post, He is taking it through the media- which is He Himself. He is the one reading on the other side, at SPN. SPN is He HImself.

It will be stupid for a GurSikh to say ir believe that God is not present at one point, or He will have to ignore the rest of the universe if He comes to a Body. He is EVERYWHERE already present at all the moment. He has no limits.

English Translation(SikhiToTheMax):
Siree Raag, First Mehl, Second House:
He Himself is the Enjoyer, and He Himself is the Enjoyment. He Himself is the Ravisher of all.
He Himself is the Bride in her dress, He Himself is the Bridegroom on the bed. ||1||
My Lord and Master is imbued with love; He is totally permeating and pervading all. ||1||Pause||
He Himself is the fisherman and the fish; He Himself is the water and the net.
He Himself is the sinker, and He Himself is the bait. ||2||
He Himself loves in so many ways. O sister soul-brides, He is my Beloved.
He continually ravishes and enjoys the happy soul-brides; just look at the plight I am in without Him! ||3||
Prays Nanak, please hear my prayer: You are the pool, and You are the soul-swan.
You are the lotus flower of the day and You are the water-lily of the night. You Yourself behold them, and blossom forth in bliss. ||4||25||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Punjabi Translation(source:GuruGranthDarpan):
myrw mwlk-pRBU ipAwr ivc rMigAw hoyieAw hY, auh (swrI isRStI ivc) pUrn qOr qy ivAwpk hY [1[rhwau[
pRBU Awp hI rs-BirAw pdwrQ hY, Awp hI (aus ivc) rs hY, Awp hI aus svwd ƒ mwxn vwlw hY [ pRBU Awp hI iesqRI bxdw hY, Awp hI syj, qy Awp hI (mwxn vwlw) Ksm hY [1[
pRBU Awp hI m`CIAW PVn vwlw hY, Awp hI m`CI hY, Awp hI pwxI hY (ijs ivc m`CI rihMdI hY) Awp hI jwl hY (ijs ivc m`CI PVIdI hY) [ pRBU hI aus jwl dy mxky hY, Awp hI aus jwl ivc mws dI botI hY (jo m`CI ƒ jwl v`l pRyrdI hY) [2[
hy shylIey! myrw ipAwrw pRBU Awp hI keI qrIikAW nwl coj qmwSy krn vwlw hY [ BwgW vwlIAW jIv-iesqRIAW ƒ auh Ksm pRBU sdw imldw hY, pr myry vrgIAW dw hwl vyK (ik swƒ kdy dIdwr nhIN huMdw) [3[
hy pRBU! nwnk (qyry dr qy) Ardws krdw hY (qUM hr QW mOjUd hYN, mYƒ vI dIdwr dyh) qUM hI srovr hYN, qUM hI srovr qy rihx vwlw hMs hYN [ sUrj dI rOSnI ivc iKVn vwlw kOl Pu`l BI qUM hI hYN qy cMd dy cwnx ivc iKVn vwlI kMmI BI qUM hI hYN (Awpxy jmwl ƒ qy Awpxy jlwl ƒ) vyK ky qUM Awp hI ^uS hox vwlw hYN [4[25[
source: http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/darpan2/0023.html

Guru Shabad:
isrIrwgu mhlw 1 Gru dUjw 2 ]
Awpy rsIAw Awip rsu Awpy rwvxhwru ]
Awpy hovY colVw Awpy syj Bqwru ]1]
rMig rqw myrw swihbu riv rihAw BrpUir ]1] rhwau ]
Awpy mwCI mCulI Awpy pwxI jwlu ]
Awpy jwl mxkVw Awpy AMdir lwlu ]2]
Awpy bhu ibiD rMgulw sKIey myrw lwlu ]
inq rvY sohwgxI dyKu hmwrw hwlu ]3]
pRxvY nwnku bynqI qU srvru qU hMsu ]
kaulu qU hY kvIAw qU hY Awpy vyiK ivgsu ]4]25]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
"I cannot describe how You are, O True Lord, unseen, infinite, immeasurable, unfathomable and unmoving Lord. O Nanak, He is my Lord and Master." Something very deeply metaphysical in these lines of the shabad. When something, in our case Someone, is to great to ponder "immeasurable" and "unfathomable. AND you wish to understand better, you can only see by fixing your attention on One, Unmovable thing, in our cse One, Unmovable Beng.

ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

raamakalee mehalaa 5 ||
Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl:

ਅੰਗੀਕਾਰੁ ਕੀਆ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਅਪਨੈ ਬੈਰੀ ਸਗਲੇ ਸਾਧੇ ॥
angeekaar keeaa prabh apanai bairee sagalae saadhhae ||
God has made me His own, and vanquished all my enemies.

ਜਿਨਿ ਬੈਰੀ ਹੈ ਇਹੁ ਜਗੁ ਲੂਟਿਆ ਤੇ ਬੈਰੀ ਲੈ ਬਾਧੇ ॥੧॥
jin bairee hai eihu jag loottiaa thae bairee lai baadhhae ||1||
Those enemies who have plundered this world, have all been placed in bondage. ||1||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
sathigur paramaesar maeraa ||
The True Guru is my Transcendent Lord.

ਅਨਿਕ ਰਾਜ ਭੋਗ ਰਸ ਮਾਣੀ ਨਾਉ ਜਪੀ ਭਰਵਾਸਾ ਤੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
anik raaj bhog ras maanee naao japee bharavaasaa thaeraa ||1|| rehaao ||
I enjoy countless pleasures of power and tasty delights, chanting Your Name, and placing my faith in You. ||1||Pause||

ਚੀਤਿ ਨ ਆਵਸਿ ਦੂਜੀ ਬਾਤਾ ਸਿਰ ਊਪਰਿ ਰਖਵਾਰਾ ॥
cheeth n aavas dhoojee baathaa sir oopar rakhavaaraa ||
I do not think of any other at all. The Lord is my protector, above my head.

ਬੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ਰਹਤ ਹੈ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਇਕ ਨਾਮ ਕੈ ਆਧਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
baeparavaahu rehath hai suaamee eik naam kai aadhhaaraa ||2||
I am carefree and independent, when I have the Support of Your Name, O my Lord and Master. ||2||

ਪੂਰਨ ਹੋਇ ਮਿਲਿਓ ਸੁਖਦਾਈ ਊਨ ਨ ਕਾਈ ਬਾਤਾ ॥
pooran hoe miliou sukhadhaaee oon n kaaee baathaa ||
I have become perfect, meeting with the Giver of peace, and now, I lack nothing at all.

ਤਤੁ ਸਾਰੁ ਪਰਮ ਪਦੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਛੋਡਿ ਨ ਕਤਹੂ ਜਾਤਾ ॥੩॥
thath saar param padh paaeiaa shhodd n kathehoo jaathaa ||3||
I have obtained the essence of excellence, the supreme status; I shall not forsake it to go anywhere else. ||3||

ਬਰਨਿ ਨ ਸਾਕਉ ਜੈਸਾ ਤੂ ਹੈ ਸਾਚੇ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥
baran n saako jaisaa thoo hai saachae alakh apaaraa ||
I cannot describe how You are, O True Lord, unseen, infinite,
ਅਤੁਲ ਅਥਾਹ ਅਡੋਲ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਖਸਮੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੪॥੫॥

athul athhaah addol suaamee naanak khasam hamaaraa ||4||5||
immeasurable, unfathomable and unmoving Lord. O Nanak, He is my Lord and Master. ||4||5||

Guru Arjan Dev
Ang 882

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
He is playing this Limitless Play in Limitless ways.

Gauree Maajh, Fourth Mehl:
Playful is my Lord of the Universe; playful is my Beloved. My Lord God is wondrous and playful.
The Lord Himself created Krishna, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord Himself is the milkmaids who seek Him.
The Lord Himself enjoys every heart, O my Lord of the Universe; He Himself is the Ravisher and the Enjoyer.
The Lord is All-knowing - He cannot be fooled, O my Lord of the Universe. He is the True Guru, the Yogi. ||1||
He Himself created the world, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord Himself plays in so many ways!
Some enjoy enjoyments, O my Lord of the Universe, while others wander around naked, the poorest of the poor.
He Himself created the world, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord gives His gifts to all who beg for them.
His devotees have the Support of the Naam, O my Lord of the Universe; they beg for the sublime sermon of the Lord. ||2||
The Lord Himself inspires His devotees to worship Him, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord fulfills the desires of the minds of His devotees.
He Himself is permeating and pervading the waters and the lands, O my Lord of the Universe; He is All-pervading - He is not far away.
The Lord Himself is within the self, and outside as well, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord Himself is fully pervading everywhere.
The Lord, the Supreme Soul, is diffused everywhere, O my Lord of the Universe. The Lord Himself beholds all; His Immanent Presence is pervading everywhere. ||3||
O Lord, the music of the praanic wind is deep within, O my Lord of the Universe; as the Lord Himself plays this music, so does it vibrate and resound.
O Lord, the treasure of the Naam is deep within, O my Lord of the Universe; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, the Lord God is revealed.
He Himself leads us to enter His Sanctuary, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord preserves the honor of His devotees.
By great good fortune, one joins the Sangat, the Holy Congregation, O my Lord of the Universe; O servant Nanak, through the Naam, one's affairs are resolved. ||4||4||30||68||

Punjabi Translation(source:GuruGranthDarpan):
ArQ:- hy myry ipAwry! hy myry goivMd! qUM AwpxI mrzI dy kMm krn vwlw myrw hir-pRBU hYN [ hrI Awp hI ik®Sn ƒ pYdw krn vwlw hY, hrI Awp hI (ik®Sn ƒ) l`Bx vwlI gvwlx hY [ sB srIrW ivc ivAwpk ho ky hrI Awp hI sB pdwrQW ƒ Bogdw hY, hrI Awp hI swry mwiek pdwrQW dy rs lYx vwlw hY, Awp hI Bogx vwlw hY [ (pr) hrI bhuq isAwxw hY, (sB pdwrQW ƒ Bogx vwlw huMidAW BI auh) Bu`ldw nhIN, auh hrI Awp hI BogW qoN inrlyp siqgurU hY [1[
hir-pRBU Awp hI jgq pYdw krdw hY, hrI Awp hI AnykW rMgW ivc (jgq dw Kyl) Kyl irhw hY [ hrI Awp hI AnykW jIvW pwsoN mwiek pdwrQW dy Bog BogWdw hY (Bwv, AnykW ƒ r`jvyN pdwrQ b^Sdw hY, pr) AnykW jIv AYsy hn jo nµgy pey iPrdy hn (ijnHW dy qn auqy k`pVw BI nhIN) [ hrI Awp hI swry jgq ƒ pYdw krdw hY, swrI lukweI aus pwsoN mMgdI rihMdI hY, auh sBnW ƒ dwqW dyNdw hY [ aus dI BgqI krn vwly bMidAW ƒ aus dy nwm dw hI Awsrw hY, auh hrI pwsoN aus dI sRySt is&iq-swlwh hI mMgdy hn [2[
hrI Awp hI (Awpxy BgqW pwsoN) AwpxI BgqI krWdw hY, BgqW dy mn ivc (pYdw hoeI BgqI dI) qWG hrI Awp hI pUrI krdw hY [ jl ivc, DrqI ivc, (sB QW) hrI Awp hI v`s irhw hY, (sB jIvW ivc) ivAwpk hY (iksy jIv qoN auh hrI) dUr nhIN hY [ sB jIvW dy AMdr qy bwhr swry jgq ivc hrI Awp hI v`sdw hY, hr QW hrI Awp hI BrpUr hY [ srb-ivAwpk rwm Awp hI ies jgq-iKlwry ƒ iKlwr irhw hY, hryk dy AMg-sMg rih ky hrI Awp hI sB dI sMBwl krdw hY [3[
sB jIvW dy AMdr pRwx-rUp ho ky hrI Awp hI vwjw (v`j irhw) hY (hryk jIv pRBU dw, mwno, vwjw hY) ijvyN auh hryk jIv-vwjy ƒ vjWdw hY iqvyN hryk jIv-vwjw v`jdw hY [ hryk jIv dy AMdr hrI dw nwm-^zwnw mOjUd hY, pr gurU dy Sbd dI rwhIN hI hir-pRBU (jIv dy AMdr) prgt huMdw hY [ hrI Awp hI jIv ƒ pRyr ky AwpxI srn ivc ilAauNdw hY, hrI Awp hI BgqW dI ie`zq dw rwKw bxdw hY (Bwv, BgqW ƒ ivkwrW ivc if`gx qoN bcWdw hY) [
hy dws nwnk! qUM BI sMgiq ivc iml (hir-pRBU dw nwm jp, qy) v`fy BwgW vwlw bx [ nwm dI brkiq nwl hI jIvn-mnorQ dI sPlqw huMdI hY [4[4[30[68[
source: PAGE 174 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).

Guru Shabad: gauVI mwJ mhlw 4 ]
cojI myry goivMdw cojI myry ipAwirAw hir pRBu myrw cojI jIau ]
hir Awpy kwn@ü aupwiedw myry goivdw hir Awpy gopI KojI jIau ]
hir Awpy sB Gt Bogdw myry goivMdw Awpy rsIAw BogI jIau ]
hir sujwxu n BuleI myry goivMdw Awpy siqguru jogI jIau ]1]
Awpy jgqu aupwiedw myry goivdw hir Awip KylY bhu rMgI jIau ]
ieknw Bog Bogwiedw myry goivMdw ieik ngn iPrih nµg nµgI jIau ]
Awpy jgqu aupwiedw myry goivdw hir dwnu dyvY sB mMgI jIau ]
Bgqw nwmu AwDwru hY myry goivMdw hir kQw mMgih hir cMgI jIau ]2]
hir Awpy Bgiq krwiedw myry goivMdw hir Bgqw loc min pUrI jIau ]
Awpy jil Qil vrqdw myry goivdw riv rihAw nhI dUrI jIau ]
hir AMqir bwhir Awip hY myry goivdw hir Awip rihAw BrpUrI jIau ]
hir Awqm rwmu pswirAw myry goivMdw hir vyKY Awip hdUrI jIau ]3]
hir AMqir vwjw pauxu hY myry goivMdw hir Awip vjwey iqau vwjY jIau ]
hir AMqir nwmu inDwnu hY myry goivMdw gur sbdI hir pRBu gwjY jIau ]
Awpy srix pvwiedw myry goivMdw hir Bgq jnw rwKu lwjY jIau ]
vfBwgI imlu sMgqI myry goivMdw jn nwnk nwm isiD kwjY jIau ]4]4]30]68]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: