• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Kirat Karna

Do You Like The Way Story Asked Us To Work..??

• Total voters
Aug 28, 2012
Pune
ਇਕ ਵਾਰ ਇਕ ਬੁਢੀ ਔਰਤ ਕਿਤੋਂ ਆ ਰਹੀ ਸੀ ਤਾਂ ਉਸਨੇ ਤਿੰਨ ਮਜਦੂਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਇਮਾਰਤ ਬਣਾਉਂਦੇ ਦੇਖਿਆ

ਉਸਨੇ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਮਜਦੂਰ ਨੂੰ ਪੁਛਿਆ " ਤੂੰ ਕੀ ਕਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈਂ ......." ..
" ਦੇਖਦੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਮੈਂ ਇੱਟਾਂ ਢੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹਾਂ..." ਪਹਿਲੇ ਨੇ ਖਿਜ ਕੇ ਜਵਾਬ ਦਿੱਤਾ ......

ਫਿਰ ਓਹ ਦੂਸਰੇ ਮਜਦੂਰ ਕੋਲ ਗਈ ਤੇ ਓਹੀ ਸਵਾਲ ਦੋਹਰਾਇਆ

" ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਦਾ ਪੇਟ ਪਾਲਣ ਲਈ ਮਜਦੂਰੀ ਕਰ ਰਿਹਾ ਹਾਂ ........" ਉਸਨੇ ਥੋੜੇ ਸਹਿਜ ਵਿਚ ਜਵਾਬ ਦਿੱਤਾ .......

ਜਦੋਂ ਉਸਨੇ ਤੀਸਰੇ ਮਜਦੂਰ ਕੋਲੋਂ ਓਹੀ ਸਵਾਲ ਪੁਛਿਆ ਤਾਂ ਉਸਨੇ ਬੜੇ ਸਹਿਜ ਸੁਭਾਹ ਜਵਾਬ ਦਿੱਤਾ

" ਮੈਂ ਇਸ ਸ਼ਹਿਰ ਦੀ ਸਬ ਤੋਂ ਸੋਹਣੀ ਇਮਾਰਤ ਬਣਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਹਾਂ ........"

ਅਰਥ ਸਾਫ਼ ਹੈ ........ ਜੋ ਕਿਰਤ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਕਿਸਮਤ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਖੀ ਹੈ .........ਓਹ ਬੜੇ ਸ਼ੁਕਰ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਕੇ ਕਰਨੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ .......... ਹਾਲਾਤ ਤਾਂ ਓਹ ਹੀ ਰਹਿਣਗੇ ਪਰ ਮੰਨ ਜ਼ਰੂਰ ਸਹਿਜ ਵਿਚ ਰਹੇਗਾ ........... ਤੇ ਅੱਜ ਦੀ ਤਾਰੀਕ ਵਿਚ ਮੰਨ ਦਾ ਸਹਿਜ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿਣਾ ਬੜਾ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਹੈ ........ਚੰਗੀ ਸੇਹਤ ਲਈ ..........

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Unsurprisingly, I disagree.

P397

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ आसा महला ५ ॥ Āsā mėhlā 5. Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:
ਲਾਖ ਭਗਤ ਆਰਾਧਹਿ ਜਪਤੇ ਪੀਉ ਪੀਉ ॥ लाख भगत आराधहि जपते पीउ पीउ ॥ Lākẖ bẖagaṯ ārāḏẖėh japṯe pī▫o pī▫o. Tens of thousands of devotees worship and adore You, chanting, "Beloved, Beloved".
ਕਵਨ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਮੇਲਾਵਉ ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ਬਿਖਈ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ कवन जुगति मेलावउ निरगुण बिखई जीउ ॥१॥ Kavan jugaṯ melāva▫o nirguṇ bikẖ▫ī jī▫o. ||1|| How shall You unite me, the worthless and corrupt soul, with Yourself. ||1||
ਤੇਰੀ ਟੇਕ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਗੁਪਾਲ ਦਇਆਲ ਪ੍ਰਭ ॥ तेरी टेक गोविंद गुपाल दइआल प्रभ ॥ Ŧerī tek govinḏ gupāl ḏa▫i▫āl parabẖ. You are my Support, O Merciful God, Lord of the Universe, Sustainer of the World.
ਤੂੰ ਸਭਨਾ ਕੇ ਨਾਥ ਤੇਰੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸਭ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ तूं सभना के नाथ तेरी स्रिसटि सभ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Ŧūʼn sabẖnā ke nāth ṯerī sarisat sabẖ. ||1|| rahā▫o. You are the Master of all; the entire creation is Yours. ||1||Pause||
ਸਦਾ ਸਹਾਈ ਸੰਤ ਪੇਖਹਿ ਸਦਾ ਹਜੂਰਿ ॥ सदा सहाई संत पेखहि सदा हजूरि ॥ Saḏā sahā▫ī sanṯ pekẖėh saḏā hajūr. You are the constant help and support of the Saints, who behold You Ever-present.
ਨਾਮ ਬਿਹੂਨੜਿਆ ਸੇ ਮਰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਵਿਸੂਰਿ ਵਿਸੂਰਿ ॥੨॥ नाम बिहूनड़िआ से मरन्हि विसूरि विसूरि ॥२॥ Nām bihūnṛi▫ā se marniĥ visūr visūr. ||2|| Those who lack the Naam, the Name of the Lord, shall die, engulfed in sorrow and pain. ||2||
ਦਾਸ ਦਾਸਤਣ ਭਾਇ ਮਿਟਿਆ ਤਿਨਾ ਗਉਣੁ ॥ दास दासतण भाइ मिटिआ तिना गउणु ॥ Ḏās ḏāsṯaṇ bẖā▫e miti▫ā ṯinā ga▫oṇ. Those servants, who lovingly perform the Lord's service, are freed from the cycle of reincarnation.
ਵਿਸਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਨਾੜਾ ਹਾਲੁ ਕਉਣੁ ॥੩॥ विसरिआ जिन्हा नामु तिनाड़ा हालु कउणु ॥३॥ visri▫ā jinĥā nām ṯināṛā hāl ka▫uṇ. ||3|| What shall be the fate of those who forget the Naam? ||3||
ਜੈਸੇ ਪਸੁ ਹਰ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਆਉ ਤੈਸਾ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਸਭ ॥ जैसे पसु हर्हिआउ तैसा संसारु सभ ॥ Jaise pas hariĥ▫ā▫o ṯaisā sansār sabẖ. As are the cattle which have strayed, so is the entire world.
ਨਾਨਕ ਬੰਧਨ ਕਾਟਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਹੁ ਆਪਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੦੬॥ नानक बंधन काटि मिलावहु आपि प्रभ ॥४॥४॥१०६॥ Nānak banḏẖan kāt milāvhu āp parabẖ. ||4||4||106|| O God, please cut away Nanak's bonds, and unite him with Yourself. ||4||4||106||

what shall be the fate of those who forget Naam, intimates, to me, that those who do not follow Hukam have a different fate for those that do.

Nothing is written as permanent, we can be manmukh or Gurmukh, one road leads to death, the other to contentment. I think it is a mistake to accept our lot as kismet, we can change the future by acting in line with Hukam, my opinion only

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
Sushri akal Sukhmeet-ji, hope you like it here at SPN mundahug
Unfortunately I don't speak or read Punjabi so I didn't understand your post. Anyone willing to translate? :D

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
An old lady was travelling and then she observed three workers working on a building

She asked the first labourer what are you doing, and he agitatedly replied, can you not see, I am bringing bricks

the she asked the second and repeated the same question, and he replied moderately politely, I am working to make ends meet for my family,

when she asked the third labourer the same question, he replied, with great humility I am making the most beautiful building for this city

The meaning is clear, whatever god has written in our fate, we should do that with grace and thanks

The situation and conditions will stay the same , but it is important to deal with lifes problems with grace and humility

this probably is not as good as some Roryji, my punjabi is not brilliant either!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM