• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Jyots In Gurdwaras?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Yes I know I am just wondering why you posted that Tuk.
May be I mis-understood the following and responded so,

On a side note: Brahma and Shiv (and their incarnations) are never used to refer to the Ultimate Reality in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

We are pretty much off-topic so I am going to fight the temptation to respond more on this particular line of thought.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
If I were to describe the beauty of a 1994 Range Rover LSE to someone that had never seen one, I would be forced to use terminology that they were familiar with, in order to allow them to visualise what I was describing.

I would have to mention the Jeep in order to have a starting point, no doubt, I would then have people telling me that because I was in fact using a Jeep as a reference point, an LSE must be the same as a Jeep..............., or worse, an LSE was based on the Jeep, or the LSE is a Jeep, but with better spec, no, the LSE is a car that stands above any 4WD of that era, but if you have never seen one, it serves the same purpose as a Jeep, but without the constant ritualistic offerings to the Garage, and its mechanicals work as beautifully as it looks.

Attachments

• 1994 Jeep Cherokee.jpg
    1994 Jeep Cherokee.jpg
    25.4 KB · Reads: 190
  • 110249_061107_02_rov.jpg
    110249_061107_02_rov.jpg
    79.6 KB · Reads: 218

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
GARBAGE
Pronunciation (US):
Dictionary entry overview: What does garbage mean?
• GARBAGE (noun)
The noun GARBAGE has 3 senses:
1. food that is discarded (as from a kitchen)
2. a worthless message
3. a receptacle where waste can be discarded

The idea that there can be more than one Creator with the attributes of such, in Sikhism, is a worthless message.

However within the boundaries of Hinduism I fully respect the concept, however, we are not Hindus, and as such I think Ambarsariaji made an absolutely valid point. In its own context, and in its own place, any concept can be acceptable, even human sacrifice to a Satanist, however within the confines of Sikh teachings, any concept that directly contradicts Sikhi can only be seen as a worthless message

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Garbage is Garbage...whats got to be said has to be said...Look at Gurbani..speaking the Truth....Foods comparable to DEVTAS..like Ghee, atta, sugar..loonn salt....are worthy and valuable..BUT ONLY and UNTIL... BEFORE man swalloes THEM....once INSIDE our digestive system..their value degardes rapidly..until the moment when they are all expelled form our posteriors....people hold their noses...avoid them like the plague...and they are not called DEVTAS..BUT SEWERAGE !!...GHEE DEVTA..is now sewerage....thats absolutle truth...has to be said...In the religious context..sounds made by pooja bhajans,,Gurbani Shabads..etc are Good Message...sounds made by the rustling leaves of trees...in the wind..are not of any religious significance..."sort of garbage"...to be ignored..like a driver ignores .."road noise" but not sounds coming from his engine...( Ahhh finally i am getting closer to harry ji and imbibing some of his Road/car / garage "knowledge/philsophy..ha ha)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: