• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Just A Question

May 27, 2007
ijnI AYsw hir nwmu n cyiqE sy kwhy jig Awey rwm rwjy ] (450-8, Awsw, mÚ 4)
Those who have not kept the Lord's Name in their consciousness - why did they bother to come into the world, O Lord King?

It is taken from SGGS ji. The meaning Of the 'tuk' is obvious.

However, no one comes of one's own.

One's coming and going is governed By HIM.

Those who pray and those who do not pray is also His decision and WILL.

Where is the fault of The person who knowd nothing and shall not do unless told.

In the context of what is the meaning Of above line.

God has created the creation. He sustains it and take pleasure in it.

He enables some and does not do the same for another .

Then why should the poor creature is criticised.

Apr 11, 2007
I had a similair debate. I was sitting in a room full of people and the story of this little girl came on TV about how abnormal she was, and how bad her life situation was. I looked around the room and asked everyone. Do you think god has compassion after seeing it? They all turned around and said she must have done something in her past life, she is furfilling her karma. I thought about there responses and reliezed that, she had bought out the compassion of the people in the room without uttering a word she had touched peoples hearts and thoughts just by one look. How can that person be thought of in any bad mode, as what that girl had acheived from looks alone. Has taken many great men to achieve to show compassion for humanity, to make humanity that humble. I suddenly reliezed that she could be thought of as a form of saint. For without wording without decription from the sigh of pain alone, and looking at her situation. She made a room full of people humble and appreciate god. It was really distressing and made everyone in the room feel sympathetic and compassion towards this little girl. I would like to know if Im right in thinking this way? Whats the guru granth sahibs take on this? Will whatever the intake view of religion has on this, I cannot deny the fact that, that little girl had achieved more in humnanity then so many great men.

Jun 11, 2007
I think it can only be on account Of previous Karma. But we do not have a science Of karma. There can other possibility that human being possesses some free will and that should have been used for this purpose. let us see.

jIvn giq suAwmI AMqrjwmI Awip lIey liV lwey ] (454-3, Awsw, mÚ 5)
The Lord Master, the Searcher of hearts, blesses me with salvation in my life; He Himself attaches me to His Love.

pUrn gur pwey purib ilKwey sB iniD dIn dieAwlw ] (454-10, Awsw, mÚ 5)
The Perfect Guru is obtained by perfect pre-ordained destiny; God is the Giver of all treasures - He is merciful to the mee
jw kau Bey ik®pwl pRB hir hir syeI jpwq ] (454-14, Awsw, mÚ 5)
Those beings, unto whom the Lord God shows His Mercy, meditate on the Lord, Har, Har.

In short everuything depends upon His will and Grace.Everyuthing is pre-ordained.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: