• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is Waheguru Truth?

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
No. It's his Primal Name.

(SGGS 1083 Rag Maroo M : 5)

ਕਿਰਤਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਿਹਬਾ ॥

Kirtam Naam Katheh Terey Jihba ||

All the names by which I refer to You are KIRTEM (from the word KIRET – meaning attributes, Your Virtues).

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪਰਾ ਪੂਰਬਲਾ ॥

Sat Naam Tera Para Poorbala ||

Sat is Your most basic Virtue.

Note: SAT means “in perpertual existence” This is the MOST BASIC virtue because if we don’t accept the fact that God Exists – then the other virtues of God being fearless (Nirbhau), without enmity (Nirvair) etc become meaningless. We must first accept that God actually exists and exists perpetually (forever) and only then seek to understand His other virtues.

So the meaning of the above verse is

All the names by which I speak of You are descriptive of Your perceived deeds (KIRT-EM).

Reference: Sikhi - Realization: The True Path Of Sikhi - The Meaning Of Naam

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
(SGGS 1083 Rag Maroo M : 5)

ਕਿਰਤਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਿਹਬਾ ॥

Kirtam Naam Katheh Terey Jihba ||

All the names by which I refer to You are KIRTEM (from the word KIRET – meaning attributes, Your Virtues).

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪਰਾ ਪੂਰਬਲਾ ॥

Sat Naam Tera Para Poorbala ||

Sat is Your most basic Virtue.

Note: SAT means “in perpertual existence” This is the MOST BASIC virtue because if we don’t accept the fact that God Exists – then the other virtues of God being fearless (Nirbhau), without enmity (Nirvair) etc become meaningless. We must first accept that God actually exists and exists perpetually (forever) and only then seek to understand His other virtues.

So the meaning of the above verse is

All the names by which I speak of You are descriptive of Your perceived deeds (KIRT-EM).

Reference: Sikhi - Realization: The True Path Of Sikhi - The Meaning Of Naam

Potato potato

Gods virtues are Him. His names are Him. Everything is Him. He is Truth, Truth is Him.

Different names, same being.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I wouldnt just describe God as energy..

He is Truth, we are Truth. Like I've said in many posts, we are One

Once again you are describing Ik Ong Kaar as a deity like the dogmatic religions do which has nothing to do with Sikhi. Sikhi has no deity.

It matters naught to me what your belief system is.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Once again you are describing Ik Ong Kaar as a deity like the dogmatic religions do which has nothing to do with Sikhi. Sikhi has no deity.

It matters naught to me what your belief system is.

Lol. We are all Truth. So I'm describing everyone in creation, the creation itself and beyond as a deity?

Ok.

The reality is that there's Nothing. As I've said before. No image, no form. Only True Unconditional Love. Truth.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Lol. We are all Truth. So I'm describing everyone in creation, the creation itself and beyond as a deity?

The question mark begs me to respond that your guess is as good as mine. Please check your post #22 where you said, “Different names, same being.”

Being means a deity.

Last edited:

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
The question mark begs me to respond that your guess is as good as mine. Please check your post #22 where you said, “Different names, same being.”

Being means a deity.

In limited language perhaps. We are One. What does that mean to you..

Tejwant Singh, Sikhilove, Wahguru. Different names, same being. Whether the ego likes it or not, we are all One.

Ocean in the drop, drop in the ocean

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Tejiwant, Sikhilove, Ishna - transient illusory puppets animated by the the only timeless reality, Waheguru.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
there is difference between truth and true. Truth is a noun and true is adjective the attribute to truth.
Truth stands alone on its credibility such as someone speaks truth therefore truth cannot be God. it can represent Godlike qualities, but it is not God.
on the other hand true as an attribute to God represents that it is true there is God

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Tejiwant, Sikhilove, Ishna - transient illusory puppets animated by the the only timeless reality, Waheguru.
Hi

Of course. It’s beyond logic though Ishna. We always try to rationalise things by using worldly logic, but is there logic in Love?

We are One, that’s it, we are all just pure unconditional Love. The whole of Gurbani is a song of love. The pain, the pleasure, everyone everything everywhere. The reality is Love, and not the one you see in movies. Unconditional.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM