Is Waheguru Truth? | Page 2 | Sikh Philosophy Network
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is Waheguru Truth?

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
No. It's his Primal Name.
(SGGS 1083 Rag Maroo M : 5)

ਕਿਰਤਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਿਹਬਾ ॥

Kirtam Naam Katheh Terey Jihba ||

All the names by which I refer to You are KIRTEM (from the word KIRET – meaning attributes, Your Virtues).

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪਰਾ ਪੂਰਬਲਾ ॥

Sat Naam Tera Para Poorbala ||

Sat is Your most basic Virtue.

Note: SAT means “in perpertual existence” This is the MOST BASIC virtue because if we don’t accept the fact that God Exists – then the other virtues of God being fearless (Nirbhau), without enmity (Nirvair) etc become meaningless. We must first accept that God actually exists and exists perpetually (forever) and only then seek to understand His other virtues.

So the meaning of the above verse is

All the names by which I speak of You are descriptive of Your perceived deeds (KIRT-EM).

Reference: Sikhi - Realization: The True Path Of Sikhi - The Meaning Of Naam

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 12, 2016
(SGGS 1083 Rag Maroo M : 5)

ਕਿਰਤਮ ਨਾਮ ਕਥੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜਿਹਬਾ ॥

Kirtam Naam Katheh Terey Jihba ||

All the names by which I refer to You are KIRTEM (from the word KIRET – meaning attributes, Your Virtues).

ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਪਰਾ ਪੂਰਬਲਾ ॥

Sat Naam Tera Para Poorbala ||

Sat is Your most basic Virtue.

Note: SAT means “in perpertual existence” This is the MOST BASIC virtue because if we don’t accept the fact that God Exists – then the other virtues of God being fearless (Nirbhau), without enmity (Nirvair) etc become meaningless. We must first accept that God actually exists and exists perpetually (forever) and only then seek to understand His other virtues.

So the meaning of the above verse is

All the names by which I speak of You are descriptive of Your perceived deeds (KIRT-EM).

Reference: Sikhi - Realization: The True Path Of Sikhi - The Meaning Of Naam
Potato potato

Gods virtues are Him. His names are Him. Everything is Him. He is Truth, Truth is Him.

Different names, same being.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Potato potato

Gods virtues are Him. His names are Him. Everything is Him. He is Truth, Truth is Him.

Different names, same being.
I am sorry to disappoint you that your comment has nothing to do with Sikhi. In Sikhi god is not a being as per your claim. Ik Ong Kaar is Energy.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 12, 2016
I am sorry to disappoint you that your comment has nothing to do with Sikhi. In Sikhi god is not a being as per your claim. Ik Ong Kaar is Energy.
I wouldnt just describe God as energy..

He is Truth, we are Truth. Like I've said in many posts, we are One

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I wouldnt just describe God as energy..

He is Truth, we are Truth. Like I've said in many posts, we are One
Once again you are describing Ik Ong Kaar as a deity like the dogmatic religions do which has nothing to do with Sikhi. Sikhi has no deity.

It matters naught to me what your belief system is.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 12, 2016
Once again you are describing Ik Ong Kaar as a deity like the dogmatic religions do which has nothing to do with Sikhi. Sikhi has no deity.

It matters naught to me what your belief system is.
Lol. We are all Truth. So I'm describing everyone in creation, the creation itself and beyond as a deity?

Ok.

The reality is that there's Nothing. As I've said before. No image, no form. Only True Unconditional Love. Truth.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Lol. We are all Truth. So I'm describing everyone in creation, the creation itself and beyond as a deity?
The question mark begs me to respond that your guess is as good as mine. Please check your post #22 where you said, “Different names, same being.”

Being means a deity.

Last edited:

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 12, 2016
The question mark begs me to respond that your guess is as good as mine. Please check your post #22 where you said, “Different names, same being.”

Being means a deity.
In limited language perhaps. We are One. What does that mean to you..

Tejwant Singh, Sikhilove, Wahguru. Different names, same being. Whether the ego likes it or not, we are all One.

Ocean in the drop, drop in the ocean

Ishna

Enthusiast
Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Tejiwant, Sikhilove, Ishna - transient illusory puppets animated by the the only timeless reality, Waheguru.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Featured Shabad Vichaar

Meanings of words given below-please feel free to correct or expand. Please put the words together and share your understanding of the shabad, how you implement the message...

SPN on Facebook