• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is There Such Thing As Ghosts According To Sikhism?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh .. Freind, Do Not Worry Because The Guru Ji's Are Following Every Step Along With You .. Although If You Are Really Really Concerned As Such Things Then I Would Reccomend You To Spread Amrit Around Your Whole House And Apply Paat (Prayer). I Would Prefer The Sukhmani Sahib Ji Because This Paat Is Available Throughout The Whole Day. You Can Read It Yourself, Get A Dear Sevadaar Or Play The Paat On A Digital Device. If You Are Not A Amrit-Tari Then I Would Strongly Tell You To Follow God's Rules For At Least A Week Or Month. After All These Steps Have Been Followed Then Hopefully The Evil Spirits/Energy's Should Be Gone,If Not Then I Am Telling You To Go To A Proffesional. I Hope My Advice Helped. (If This Did Not Help Than Pardon Me I Am Only 11)

Your advice did not help hugely sahota4evaji, but thats ok, you are only 11, and you are pardoned.

However kakaji, your post shows huge potential and you have got a few things on the right road, to me Amrit is another word for knowledge, so to spread knowledge all around you is not a bad thought, to be so enthusiastic about sikhi is great, but harness your knowledge, learn the things that need to be learnt, read books, know the history, use sikhi as a guide while your growing up, I look forward to following your development and your posts

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
IN Sikhi and Gurmatt...people always forget that GYAAN..LOGICal thinking..thought process..vichaar, questioning mind...come first and foremost....A SIKH first arms himslef with the GYAAN KHARAGH..and then ONLY with a physical KIRPAN.
The Firts Five Gurus showed us how to carry the GYAAN KHARRAGH...and then slowly we beagn to carry the Kirpan...and only in 1699 was the Physical Kirpan made necessary..BUT still the GYAAN KHRAGH is Vital pre-requisite. Guur Gobind Singh ji has showed us that a Sikh minus the Gyaan Kharragh but armed with Kirpan etc is a DONKEY in Lions clothing...sadly today..too many such lions roaming around..inside they are donkeys.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Earthbound Entities

Actually what I want to do is merge the thread on Jim Van Pragh with the thread on Preets and Bhoots. My reason is that belief in this sort of thing did not end with the closing of chapters in Punjab's folk histrory; nor when immigrants stepped onto the cross Atlantic turf. It continues as a modern menace. Without knowing how beliefs in ghosts take modern and so-called "intellectual and spiritual form" in this age of information, it is hard to keep impressionable people informed. Personally I would like to see all new age regurgitations of old superstitions cleansed from this forum. But if we do that then we cannot educate.

threads merged

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Well, I haven't seen ghosts but would like to meet one soon. I mean, we are working on nano-sized particle medicines, and ghosts claim to be invisible. So, we could work up a theory, probably to make invisible drugs (Well, that's some Nobel Prize stuff !!).

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Baba Ji rarehwallah also talked to a Muslim Ghost called Suleiman and even recorded a Tape..alas..the sound is so bad its mostly noise..if the Ghost had WAITED and today it would be recorded in 8K or even 24K..Trillions of Colours on 300inch 24K TV !!! Suleiman came too early...but the good thing is now Baba Rarewallah is also on the same realm as Suleiman(departed)..so maybe they can send us a 24K Recording via Elon Musk's (Tesla) STARLINK ?? That would be so great and would have TRILLION Views within seconds..

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
i give my personal experience with ghost. after my marriage i sent my wife to her parents home and one of my friends wife went along with her. when they were going i told my wife to bring 1 kg ghee on the way back. So they brought ghee with them. come night my friends wife started to make noise. her voice changed to in the middle a man and a woman. her husband got scared. so did my wife. he said to me to do somehting. i am a a bit of rough type of man. so i held her both arms with my hands strongly. i thought there might be some spirit speaking in her. i asked her who are you? she spoke in manly voice and gave his name which i fogot now. it happened 55 years back. then i asked why are you in her. he said that he lives by the canal in halwara. he smelled the ghee which she was holding in the bag. so he got into her and came with her to the destination. then i forcefully asked that it was not a place for him to stay here for ever. he said ok then i will leave. immediately the woman voice changed and asked me why i was holding her like that and she became normal. so did everyone else. and the ghost aparently was gone. it is not a made up story. it so happened to me thank you.

wajinder

SPNer
Jan 26, 2022
I think Panjabi folk culture has a strong belief in such things. I remember my grandma telling us really "out there" ghost stories that both captivated and scared the cr4p out of me! She was illiterate and such tales were common back then. I remember once (about 10 years ago) telling a particular story to my mates and then one of them asking where my family were from. When I told him he said he knew the story was bullcrap because his own grandma told him the identical story.

Both grandmas claimed to have witnessed the incident even though they lived at opposite ends of the Panjab.

As for Sikhi and ghosts - I think that it is a point of view. From my (limited) understanding overall Sikhi doesn't dwell on ghosts (pooths or preth in Panjabi), although it could be one of the 84 million forms. What becomes unhealthy is that often superstitious families will blame such things for negative events that take place (such as a miscarriage or divorce) and promptly run to some Sant-Baba type for a solution. Often they are fleeced or become akin to members of cults in the process.

Really striking use of ghost imagery is used more extensively in the Dasam Granth, where ghosts are often portrayed as stalking the battlefields. I personally do not believe we are to take such things literally.
thats why we shld never indulge in such koordh kitab, its fake and not composed by 10th Guru

wajinder

SPNer
Jan 26, 2022
i give my personal experience with ghost. after my marriage i sent my wife to her parents home and one of my friends wife went along with her. when they were going i told my wife to bring 1 kg ghee on the way back. So they brought ghee with them. come night my friends wife started to make noise. her voice changed to in the middle a man and a woman. her husband got scared. so did my wife. he said to me to do somehting. i am a a bit of rough type of man. so i held her both arms with my hands strongly. i thought there might be some spirit speaking in her. i asked her who are you? she spoke in manly voice and gave his name which i fogot now. it happened 55 years back. then i asked why are you in her. he said that he lives by the canal in halwara. he smelled the ghee which she was holding in the bag. so he got into her and came with her to the destination. then i forcefully asked that it was not a place for him to stay here for ever. he said ok then i will leave. immediately the woman voice changed and asked me why i was holding her like that and she became normal. so did everyone else. and the ghost aparently was gone. it is not a made up story. it so happened to me thank you.
well all i can say ... ITS IN YOUR MIND

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM