• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is There One God?

preet_singh

SPNer
Jul 26, 2005
is there one god? is there only one path to god? if there is only one god and only one way to god then how come a person with his hair cut can't be close to god by usenig sikh philosophy? some people have the view that if you are righteous ( help other people and do not hurt anyone) then they can achive the same thing that a sikh can useing sikh philosophy. cause in the end there is only one god. i would like to argue against that, but i have no idea how to explain that u need the exterior form with the naam? in the end the question is...only way to to achive mukti is by following the exterior form or could it be done without that for a person following sikh philosophy but not keeping his hair?

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
preet_singh said:
is there one god? is there only one path to god? if there is only one god and only one way to god then how come a person with his hair cut can't be close to god by usenig sikh philosophy? some people have the view that if you are righteous ( help other people and do not hurt anyone) then they can achive the same thing that a sikh can useing sikh philosophy. cause in the end there is only one god. i would like to argue against that, but i have no idea how to explain that u need the exterior form with the naam? in the end the question is...only way to to achive mukti is by following the exterior form or could it be done without that for a person following sikh philosophy but not keeping his hair?

The only thing you have to do is Simran,and Seva, and obey the Hukkaman of Guru Ji. So if you particular religious dogma, says hair is not important then it isn't.

Ask your self this one, can one be a Christian, yet live a Sikh lifestyle and get to God?

Cheers,

lee.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Lee said:
can one be a Christian, yet live a Sikh lifestyle and get to God?

Cheers,

lee.
I find this very important. This thought has been a pushing factor behind introducing a new change in SPN forums, where instead of 'Sikh Next Door', we would like to present 'Inspiration Next Door'. This inspiration may be some one living next to your house, some one you know, someone who seems to be embodiment of sikhi principles, but perhaps belonging to another faith. If any of us know this kind of person, pls introduce those to us. We would like to recognize those here on SPN with their biography to inspire members/visitors here.

Already there are so many on SPN itself, I hope once this upgrade thing is over after restoring needed features, then we would like to present those ppl in this forum. Keep your biographies ready :thumbup:

Regarding the original post, there is one God, who is supreme power and controlling us, as per His Hukam/Will. There could be numerous ways to go from point A to point B. I remember Gyani ji saying similar to - The distance between two points could be travelled by walk, cycle, bike, sports car, train, air plane. Choice is yours.

Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM