• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk Is Sikhism Declining?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz Singh ji,

Would you be kind enough to elaborate what is in bold?

Thanks.

when you look around, ego has taken its grip...ego has hardened so much that we now question the existance of waheguru...and as a result we look upon another as just another human being that we either love or dislike or hate etc...majority don't see that divinity in each other...

so by my comment, for things to get better in the world...real true sikhs who are reconnecting back to the source...the truth...these sikhs have to be on the increase...they will inspire others to seek that connection once more also...with anchorship and power of SGGS Ji...this has to be the way forward..

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
when you look around, ego has taken its grip...ego has hardened so much that we now question the existance of waheguru...and as a result we look upon another as just another human being that we either love or dislike or hate etc...majority don't see that divinity in each other...

so by my comment, for things to get better in the world...real true sikhs who are reconnecting back to the source...the truth...these sikhs have to be on the increase...they will inspire others to seek that connection once more also...with anchorship and power of SGGS Ji...this has to be the way forward..

Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Let's leave to Ik Ong Kaar to judge who has ego and who has not. One own's ego is being the judge in your post.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

the way forward to what? things getting better in the world? I would have thought that would be the eradication of starvation and poverty, sorry its a bit too long for a mantra...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
the way forward to what? things getting better in the world? I would have thought that would be the eradication of starvation and poverty, sorry its a bit too long for a mantra...

So then Mr useful...

Why isn't starvation and poverty being eradicated when we have the means to already solve it?...what's your solution?

What's a mantra got to do with anything

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Why isn't starvation and poverty being eradicated when we have the means to already solve it?...what's your solution?

and here we come full circle, in your favour actually, we have the means to solve it, we just need to eradicate ego

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Does this mean anything in relation to the perceived or actual decline in the number of Sikhs?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Lol I have left it to waheguru to judge...it's gurbani that is telling me everything I have written above...it is extremely clear on this matter lol

I have no idea what is there to LOL about? But some people have a weird sense of humour.

Full Shabads from the SGGS with your own understanding of your claim please.
Thanks.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I have no idea what is there to LOL about? But some people have a weird sense of humour.

Full Shabads from the SGGS with your own understanding of your claim please.
Thanks.

I have just given you the gist I get from reading whole of SGGS ji above...if you think otherwise then by al means you can post Shabads to tell me what you think.

God bless ji...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Let's leave to Ik Ong Kaar to judge who has ego and who has not. One own's ego is being the judge in your post.

Tejwant ji

This is what made me chuckle lol...

You told me to leave it to EkOng Kaar to be the judge...and then you follow it up with quite a judgemental comment yourself. ..

Quite funny and ever so slightly hypocritical

God bless

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I have just given you the gist I get from reading whole of SGGS ji above...if you think otherwise then by al means you can post Shabads to tell me what you think.

God bless ji...
It is your claim not mine and as you said it is based on SGGS, our only Guru, hence it becomes not only your duty but responsibility to prove your claim that according to you is from the SGGS. Capiche?

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant ji

This is what made me chuckle lol...

You told me to leave it to EkOng Kaar to be the judge...and then you follow it up with quite a judgemental comment yourself. ..

Quite funny and ever so slightly hypocritical

God bless

Please be honest and clarify where and what about,"then you follow it up with quite a judgemental comment yourself".

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Please be honest and clarify where and what about,"then you follow it up with quite a judgemental comment yourself".

do i really need to explain? ok, here goes :)

you said
"Let's leave to Ik Ong Kaar to judge who has ego and who has not"
then you follow it up with the comment
"One own's ego is being the judge in your post"

that's about as hypocritical as one can be...all within the same sentence...absolutely brilliant lol maybe you should follow your own advice and let ikOngKarr be the judge of who has ego or not...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
It is your claim not mine and as you said it is based on SGGS, our only Guru, hence it becomes not only your duty but responsibility to prove your claim that according to you is from the SGGS. Capiche?

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=117

Siree Raag, Third Mehla:
The world is polluted with the filth of egotism, suffering in pain. This filth sticks to them because of their love of duality.
This filth of egotism cannot be washed away, even by taking cleansing baths at hundreds of sacred shrines.
Performing all sorts of rituals, people are smeared with twice as much filth.
This filth is not removed by studying. Go ahead, and ask the wise ones. ||1||
O my mind, coming to the Sanctuary of the Guru, you shall become immaculate and pure.
The self-willed manmukhs have grown weary of chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, but their filth cannot be removed. ||1||Pause||
With a polluted mind, devotional service cannot be performed, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be obtained.
The filthy, self-willed manmukhs die in filth, and they depart in disgrace.
By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to abide in the mind, and the filth of egotism is dispelled.
Like a lamp lit in the darkness, the spiritual wisdom of the Guru dispels ignorance. ||2||
"I have done this, and I will do that"-I am an idiotic fool for saying this!
I have forgotten the Doer of all; I am caught in the love of duality.
There is no pain as great as the pain of Maya; it drives people to wander all around the world, until they become exhausted.
Through the Guru's Teachings, peace is found, with the True Name enshrined in the heart. ||3||
I am a sacrifice to those who meet and merge with the Lord.
This mind is attuned to devotional worship; through the True Word of Gurbani, it finds its own home.
With the mind so imbued, and the tongue imbued as well, sing the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.
O Nanak, never forget the Naam; immerse yourself in the True One. ||4||31||64||

now, it is very clear that Waheguru is telling us the state of the world here...am i right? the all knowing, searcher of hearts who knows everything about everyone and everything has made it pretty clear here...

now...any normal person would read this and then see if they recognize in their daily lifes...in the people around them...and also in themselves...as i see all the time in myself...ego and all the thieves...

Guru awakens us to this knowledge...and the truth seeker recognizes it within themselves...as i do...in myself...

now Guru Ji \ ekongkaar....knows that with the world in this current state that the only way is up...otherwise whats the point in all this....right?

so i would assume whether right or wrong that over time, there will be an increase of truth seekers awakening to this knowledge and true first hand experience of the divine within themselves and thus within us all...right?

am i making any of my own claims here?

Chaan Pardesi

Writer
SPNer
Oct 4, 2008
London & Kuala Lumpur
There are around 7 lakhs in UK
5 lakhs in canada
500,000 in USA
2.5 Lakh in Malaysia
Italy -180,000
Germany -50,000
Australia 72,000

now add 2 lakhs in Rest of world
this put population around 16 lakhs
Now add 5 lakhs illegal as there is no data illegal migrants this put around 2.1 million

The population of Sikhs in India has gone from 20,000,000 to 27,000,000, but the actual percentage has dropped not because their number decreased, but the numbers of births among others have increased too.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
do i really need to explain? ok, here goes :)

you said
"Let's leave to Ik Ong Kaar to judge who has ego and who has not"
then you follow it up with the comment
"One own's ego is being the judge in your post"

that's about as hypocritical as one can be...all within the same sentence...absolutely brilliant lol maybe you should follow your own advice and let ikOngKarr be the judge of who has ego or not...

Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

If I am not mistaken, English is your native language unlike the case with me. Please learn the difference between One's own ego and Your own ego. That might help you to grasp the meaning but please read the whole sentence before jumping to any conclusions. :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM