• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk Is Sikhism Declining?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=117

Siree Raag, Third Mehla:
The world is polluted with the filth of egotism, suffering in pain. This filth sticks to them because of their love of duality.
This filth of egotism cannot be washed away, even by taking cleansing baths at hundreds of sacred shrines.
Performing all sorts of rituals, people are smeared with twice as much filth.
This filth is not removed by studying. Go ahead, and ask the wise ones. ||1||
O my mind, coming to the Sanctuary of the Guru, you shall become immaculate and pure.
The self-willed manmukhs have grown weary of chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, but their filth cannot be removed. ||1||Pause||
With a polluted mind, devotional service cannot be performed, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be obtained.
The filthy, self-willed manmukhs die in filth, and they depart in disgrace.
By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to abide in the mind, and the filth of egotism is dispelled.
Like a lamp lit in the darkness, the spiritual wisdom of the Guru dispels ignorance. ||2||
"I have done this, and I will do that"-I am an idiotic fool for saying this!
I have forgotten the Doer of all; I am caught in the love of duality.
There is no pain as great as the pain of Maya; it drives people to wander all around the world, until they become exhausted.
Through the Guru's Teachings, peace is found, with the True Name enshrined in the heart. ||3||
I am a sacrifice to those who meet and merge with the Lord.
This mind is attuned to devotional worship; through the True Word of Gurbani, it finds its own home.
With the mind so imbued, and the tongue imbued as well, sing the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.
O Nanak, never forget the Naam; immerse yourself in the True One. ||4||31||64||

now, it is very clear that Waheguru is telling us the state of the world here...am i right? the all knowing, searcher of hearts who knows everything about everyone and everything has made it pretty clear here...

now...any normal person would read this and then see if they recognize in their daily lifes...in the people around them...and also in themselves...as i see all the time in myself...ego and all the thieves...

Guru awakens us to this knowledge...and the truth seeker recognizes it within themselves...as i do...in myself...

now Guru Ji \ ekongkaar....knows that with the world in this current state that the only way is up...otherwise whats the point in all this....right?

so i would assume whether right or wrong that over time, there will be an increase of truth seekers awakening to this knowledge and true first hand experience of the divine within themselves and thus within us all...right?

am i making any of my own claims here?

Yes, that is our Guru's opinion about us. Do you have the same opinion about you or only about others as per your original post?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

If I am not mistaken, English is your native language unlike the case with me. Please learn the difference between One's own ego and Your own ego. That might help you to grasp the meaning but please read the whole sentence before jumping to any conclusions. :)

Regardless,

You are talking about my ego in your comment...

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Is Sikhism declining ??

"Aagya bhayi akaal ki, tabe chalaayeo panth" (I got permission from god himself, then only I started the panth) - Guru Gobind Singh ji
and god doesn't default on his promise. so why worry ? :)

at the end of the day , no matter how bleak the situation feels, all is under his control..

Its all his play and thats the beauty behind it , even sometimes when the play and its conclusion are not obvious to us

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM