Is It More Important To Believe In God Or To Be A Sikh

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Truthsikher31, Apr 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sukhsingh

sukhsingh Writer SPNer

I'm sorry but I think you are misreading my assertion.. I don't say that they are similar. But rather the distinction is itself a demonstration of difference.. by explicitly rejecting the ideas associated with abrahamic religions is in itself a implicit recognition of those ideas..

By saying 'that's not what I believe' inherently demonstrates a recognition of the'other' and therefore show's influence.. you conflating my use of the term influence to mean sikhi is a derivative of abrahamic religions which is not at all what I am saying

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. sukhsingh

sukhsingh Writer SPNer

Your original assertion was that abrahamic religions have nothing to do with sikhi.. being a pedant I took exception to that articulation.. since clearly sikh philosophy developed in relationship to Islam and rejected many of its manifestations.. it even uses some of the lingua franca associated with Islam to articulate it's difference.. the words Allah, Rahim appear in bani frequently.. so clearly it is relevant and guru sahib's were aware of abrahamic religions

3. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh Mentor Writer SPNer

I am sorry, I have no idea what you are implying.

4. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh Mentor Writer SPNer

I don't think I changed it. It still remains the original assertion. I am sorry, I never said Guru Nanak did not know anything about the Abrahamic religions. They are parts of the SGGGS, our only Guru.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sukhsingh

sukhsingh Writer SPNer

Fair enough maybe we are talking cross purposes

6. Sikhilove

Sikhilove Writer SPNer

Truth comes first.

Which is why Nanak shunned the false aspects of the religion he was born into, regardless of angering his parents, family members and community. Why Satguru Gobind Ji and his kids refused to become muslim regardless of being faced with torture and death.

They shunned false religious aspects and followed the Truth- which is God.

Now people have attempted to turn Truth(God) into a money making excuse ('Sikhs using Guruwarras as a business, the false schemes, politics, fights, ego of outer dress and uniform instead of practicing internal purity and more), filled it with rituals and ego and tried to ruin what the Gurus gave up their lives to preserve.

So Truth Seekers have had to again, shun the rubbish and follow the Truth.