• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sufism Is It Alright If I'm Interested In Sufism?

Theologian.

SPNer
Feb 9, 2017
Spiritual Warzone
If you must write so definitively, please take time to research what you are writing about in a slightly more thorough fashion rather than just linking to the first website you come across.

that is a contradictory statement and makes no sense

Wikkipedia is not perfect, but it tends to give a slightly more rounded view than random websites, the first thing I did when I saw your link was see who founded it, and what the agenda was, I did that in my role as a reader, as a poster, you have a responsibility to know what you are linking to. You have strongly advised our friend here to stay clear of Sufism based on the first website that you found, that is not theology.

Let us move on thank you
You are very correct, I did not spend too much time constructing a good response and references. I have strongly advised against it, but now that I think about it; if someone is curious or believes something, any counter rebuff will just encourage it.

So seems like the majority advise it, so I say good luck Rajveer, please be cautious when trying anything new and lesser known to the average day to day man. Good luck.

Theologian.

SPNer
Feb 9, 2017
Spiritual Warzone
Please elaborate as to what the better results are?
I do not know if this is the right time but results I am talking about is direct one to one with Waheguru. It is quoted in SGGS as well how to do this and a colleague of mine did this; and to further add, it will be proven by Waheguru, whom they are. Then again most readers that browse on these forums would think this is stranger than fiction as now adays more people believe in an Alien as our creator than God. I believe this will be quoted and ridiculed intensely; but this is based on SGGS writings, so its gives me some comfort to share this as this is not my teaching but SGGS, luckily I have the page and writing to hand if needed.

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
I do not know if this is the right time but results I am talking about is direct one to one with Waheguru. It is quoted in SGGS as well how to do this and a colleague of mine did this; and to further add, it will be proven by Waheguru, whom they are. Then again most readers that browse on these forums would think this is stranger than fiction as now adays more people believe in an Alien as our creator than God. I believe this will be quoted and ridiculed intensely; but this is based on SGGS writings, so its gives me some comfort to share this as this is not my teaching but SGGS, luckily I have the page and writing to hand if needed.

Theologianji

the results you are talking about therefore have come to you second hand from your colleague, may I ask why you have not attempted this yourself?

If you could always quote the page and writing, it always helps the reader.

many thanks

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
i'm struggling to understand what that actually means? what makes you think people wont understand? i'm not sure anyone here believes waheguruis a 'alien'..

Theologian.

SPNer
Feb 9, 2017
Spiritual Warzone
Theologianji

the results you are talking about therefore have come to you second hand from your colleague, may I ask why you have not attempted this yourself?

If you could always quote the page and writing, it always helps the reader.

many thanks

A quote I have at hand; would need time to get more to fit the narrative I have put forward.

jau hoie ik®pwl q siqguru mylY siB suK hir ky nwey ] (213-2)
ja-o ho-ay kirpaal ta satgur maylai sabh sukh har kay naa-ay.
When God becomes merciful, He leads you to meet the True Guru; all peace is in the Name of the Lord.

I have attempted, you need enough time as if doing another job everyday for about 4 months, sometimes 3 or 5 months, depends. I gave up after 2 weeks, but saying that I still have results in a lesser manner.

Theologian.

SPNer
Feb 9, 2017
Spiritual Warzone
i'm struggling to understand what that actually means? what makes you think people wont understand? i'm not sure anyone here believes waheguruis a 'alien'..

I do not at all believe God is Alien but its become the norm in a lot of societies today or more accurately that aliens exist rather than the existence of God. I have pasted the headline of a daily mail piece on this:

Do YOU believe in aliens? People are more likely to think extraterrestrials and ghosts are real than God, poll reveals
  • Ripley’s Believe It or Not! London surveyed 2,000 adults and children
  • They discovered that adults are most likely to believe in ghosts and aliens
  • While children are convinced that aliens exist - and more than a quarter think some humans are aliens in disguise
  • Both groups also believed UFOs exist, above believing in God and angels
  • Parents also admitted they're more afraid of the supernatural than children
By Victoria Woollaston for MailOnline
Published: 13:07, 30 October 2014 | Updated: 16:24, 30 October 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2813996/Do-believe-aliens-People-likely-think-extraterrestrials-ghosts-real-God-poll-reveals.html#ixzz4amr2UJcF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
I do not at all believe God is Alien but its become the norm in a lot of societies today or more accurately that aliens exist rather than the existence of God. I have pasted the headline of a daily mail piece on this:

Do YOU believe in aliens? People are more likely to think extraterrestrials and ghosts are real than God, poll reveals
  • Ripley’s Believe It or Not! London surveyed 2,000 adults and children
  • They discovered that adults are most likely to believe in ghosts and aliens
  • While children are convinced that aliens exist - and more than a quarter think some humans are aliens in disguise
  • Both groups also believed UFOs exist, above believing in God and angels
  • Parents also admitted they're more afraid of the supernatural than children
By Victoria Woollaston for MailOnline
Published: 13:07, 30 October 2014 | Updated: 16:24, 30 October 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2813996/Do-believe-aliens-People-likely-think-extraterrestrials-ghosts-real-God-poll-reveals.html#ixzz4amr2UJcF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I'm sorry but that is not a answer to the question i asked. . Now I'm even more confused with your original statement

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
t know if this is the right time but results I am talking about is direct one to one with Waheguru. It is quoted in SGGS as well how to do this and a colleague of mine did this; and to further add, it will be proven by Waheguru, whom they are. Then again most readers that browse on these forums would think this is stranger than fiction as now adays more people believe in an Alien as our creator than God

This statement you have made is really quite a leap.. it is completely false and a misrepresentation. . You cannot qualify your proposition ..

I have attempted, you need enough time as if doing another job everyday for about 4 months, sometimes 3 or 5 months, depends. I gave up after 2 weeks, but saying that I still have results in a lesser manner.
Seriously?

The daily mail. ?

Harry

SPNer
Jan 21, 2017
as it happens the original argument was that people believe that aliens are actually god, which the daily mail link does not substantiate, so a poor link to a poor argument, ok, lets leave it there, thread is being derailed, let us get back to the topic of sufism, Theologianji, your posts are always welcomed, please try and stay consistent with your argument and please quote facts rather than picking the first link in google that looks like it may back up your points, which is what you appear to be doing.

back to topic

Aug 13, 2017
What are your thoughts on me reading Sufi poetry and listening to Sufi music? I just find it beautiful, their principles are very similar to ours. The foundation stone of Harminder Sahib was laid down by Mian Mir by Guru Arjun Dev Ji's request. I see nothing wrong with it as long I keep the one God in mind. But would like your thoughts !

by how knowing Suffism is Muwslims or Islams and it is one of the Religion that are enemies of the Sikh and Hindu Religion. maybe want to think about going back to Sikhism or Hinduism? and the God that you believe is just one is A BIG WRONG!!! by how I am knowing, there are three Gods believed, One is Islams & Muwslims and Judaisms and the other is of Christianity and The GOD of Sikhism and Hinduism is THE TRUE GOD WHO CREATED those two more God named Allah (Islams/Muwslims & Judaisms) and Christianity's God and are not True God by how I am experiencing.

If by me, GO BACK TO SIKHISM OR HINDUISM.
Bhavana and Bhagavatu Guide you always and lighten your thought and lead you to TRUTH.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
by how knowing Suffism is Muwslims or Islams and it is one of the Religion that are enemies of the Sikh and Hindu Religion. maybe want to think about going back to Sikhism or Hinduism? and the God that you believe is just one is A BIG WRONG!!! by how I am knowing, there are three Gods believed, One is Islams & Muwslims and Judaisms and the other is of Christianity and The GOD of Sikhism and Hinduism is THE TRUE GOD WHO CREATED those two more God named Allah (Islams/Muwslims & Judaisms) and Christianity's God and are not True God by how I am experiencing.

Bhavana and Bhagavatu Guide you always and lighten your thought and lead you to TRUTH.

Wow. I don't know where to start in disagreeing with your entire post, it's so full of misinformation. I strongly encourage you to do some introductory reading on world religions at least to get a better understanding upon which to base your arguments.

Rajveer_97

Writer
SPNer
Oct 16, 2016

I'm with Ishna here. Since when are Muslims enemies of Sikhs? Oppressors are enemies of Sikhs and even then Sikhs are meant to love everyone and treat them rightly. The whole of Sikh philosophy is focused on the unity of the One. How you think of the exact nature of this one is irrelevant (whether you believe God is seperate from creation or pervades creation) because when you pray, regardless of your religion, you pray to God.

When Guru Gobind Singh Ji escaped from Chumkaur it was 2 Muslims who gave him shelter. Pir Buddhu Shah gave men to fight in support of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's cause. Guru Arjan Dev Ji and Hazrat Mian Mir had close relations. Bhai Nand Lal Goya (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this one) was a lover of Rumi's poetry. Have you ever read the poetry of the likes of Rumi and Hafez?

I'm sorry but no, please don't spread misinformation. Muslims are not the enemies of Sikhs.

Aug 13, 2017

FORGIVE MY POST. I'm actually a born Muwslim forsay since my parents are Muwslims but found it out a NOT GOOD RELIGION since its a Conquering Religion by how I have read the Qur'ans and what its true purpose and goals are.
FORGIVE.

Aug 13, 2017
FORGIVE MY POST. I'm actually a born Muwslim forsay since my parents are Muwslims but found it out a NOT GOOD RELIGION since its a Conquering Religion by how I have read the Qur'ans and what its true purpose and goals are.
FORGIVE.
Like in a Surah it is written that there will be a day when all will BOW DOWN (Convert and Bow Down to Allah and Muhammad) to Allah (The written God and Muhammad) but it is written that those of Qur'an, Bible, Taurat and Other more People are okay with the God. So why does People need to Bow Down or Convert to Islam if it is okay to the Allah those People of other Religions?

But still forgive and i did not mean to offend.

Rajveer_97

Writer
SPNer
Oct 16, 2016
Like in a Surah it is written that there will be a day when all will BOW DOWN (Convert and Bow Down to Allah and Muhammad) to Allah (The written God and Muhammad) but it is written that those of Qur'an, Bible, Taurat and Other more People are okay with the God. So why does People need to Bow Down or Convert to Islam if it is okay to the Allah those People of other Religions?

No worries at all :)

And according to my understanding, those who read the Torah and Bible are also considered to be 'the people of the Book' whose teachings have merely been corrupted, are seen as misguided and hence can still find salvation. Still, I don't agree with this notion.

Jasdeep118

Writer
SPNer
Dec 4, 2015
Rajveer Bhaiji, it is fine if you are into listening Sufism, I mean I have been inspired by Bullah Shah who helped me out my existential crisis, and had a lot of unique teachings in his time. I mean the Guru's had a lot of relations with Muslim Sufi's such as the Sufi Saint Mian Mir who put the first step in the Golden Temple. I know some people here might disagree, but Sufism is okay, and I mean Sikhism had a relationship with Sufi's.

Jasdeep118

Writer
SPNer
Dec 4, 2015

Bhaiji, I think your views of God is misunderstood. I mean Christainity, Hinduism, Sikhism, Judaism, and Islam believe in one Supreme God, you do know that. It seem's you have a big ego too, which Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the other Guru's warned about. You keep bragging that Hinduism and Sikhism teach the best teachings, you are bragging about it. Sikhism and every other religion is the same, yeah it has it's own teachings, but it leads to the same pool. That's why people have a bone to pick with religion, as people brag about religion that there's is better.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sikhism and every other religion is the same, yeah it has it's own teachings, but it leads to the same pool.

I do not believe the below religions all lead to the same pool, personally.

Most religions offer a carrot and stick approach, Sikhism does not
  1. Christianity (2.1 billion)
  2. Islam (1.3 billion)
  3. Nonreligious (Secular/Agnostic/Atheist) (1.1 billion)
  4. Hinduism (900 million)
  5. Chinese traditional religion (394 million)
  6. Buddhism 376 million
  7. Primal-indigenous (300 million)
  8. African traditional and Diasporic (100 million)
  9. Sikhism (23 million)
  10. Juche (19 million)
  11. Spiritism (15 million)
  12. Judaism (14 million)
  13. Bahai (7 million)
  14. Jainism (4.2 million)
  15. Shinto (4 million)
  16. Cao Dai (4 million)
  17. Zoroastrianism (2.6 million)
  18. Tenrikyo (2 million)
  19. Neo-Paganism (1 million)
  20. Unitarian-Universalism (800,000)

Oct 6, 2023
Harry -
Why should anyone stay away from any concept of theory? That is a rather closed minded way of looking at things, how can one learn? or make up ones own mind?
It's advice, a main branch of Sufism is contacting the dead or spirits, to the novice it is claimed to be God, but from experiencers they believe it is someone in Gods hierarchy. Usually these spirits prefer dark areas of contact, and will not reveal themselves while doing tricks to impress them. They ask for worship in the form of singing and praying to them in certain Sufi way in order to make contact. This information is direct from their sources.

Would you advise someone to contact mediums and through them spirits? They can say God, for their are many different Gods in this world to people, even money.

Harry -
I do not think he is looking for something different, he just likes the music and finds it consistent with Sikh teachings, I can say the same about certain heavy metal....
How can Buddhism be ok with what Sikhism's core is when it is a completely different way of life altogether? Is there a Creator in Buddhism?

I did not say in terms of our Gods are religions are similar. I said in terms of consequences from bad actions. I believe I said - 'Buddhism way of living, in terms of every action has a consequence(Roughly not identically for the quoters)'. I did in brackets say this was a vague example and was aware it may be quoted, hence I said before hand being quoted.

Harry -
do share with us what this risk is?,

Said above.

For a source of information, without using a better one:

Are the Sufi shaykhs really in contact with Allaah? - islamqa.info
Alislam is a website that of course would want to discredit Sufis. I suppose that you are unaware that their founder apparently went to Afghanistan to murder Sikhs because they were “worse than the British”. Were there conflicts and still are between muslims and sikhs? Yes. But few muslims enjoyed colonialism (or blamed any part of it on Sikhs). Go read about “The British and the Ahmiyyada” on Alislam.

Oct 6, 2023
Theologianji

If you can reply using the quote system, outline the text you are replying to, you will see a quote icon appear, if you click on that, it will quote the text for you and you may reply underneath,

Your source of information is islamqa.info, which is a website founded by Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid.

Muhammad Al-Munajjid - Wikipedia

Could you tell me what you are quoting from a website that clearly does not speak for the whole muslim word? Also why is this the best website in your opinion? May I ask if you are a muslim? do you follow Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid?

The wikki entry for sufism

Sufism - Wikipedia

does not seem to share your opinion of Sufism, nor the opinion of Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid.
Yes I have never heard that Sufis talk to Satan. I have heard that they follow false prophets on occasion but never talking to the dead.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM